Thoughts On this Team?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
brooklynkid
Role Player
Role Player

Thoughts On this Team?

Postby brooklynkid » Wed May 29, 2019 8:20 am

This is a 12 team PPR League 1QB 1RB 1WR 1TE 4Flex

I've never made the playoffs with this team this is my third year in this league.
I made a few trades before the rookie draft and during the rookie year.

Trade 1-Sent Fournette and Ito Smith for 1.04 and 2.2 I was tired of counting on Fournette so i moved him
Trade 2 Sent 2.02 and 2.04 for Devonate Booker, Delanie Walker 1.11 and 3.05
Trade 3 Sent 3.04 and 3.05 for Herndon

Draft-1:04-Montgomery 1.11-Noah Fant 4.4-Rodney Anderson, so after the draft my team ended looking like this

QB-Mayfield,Brees-Bridgewater
RB-Penny, Montgomery, Miller, Howard, Thompson, Mcguire, Ty Montgomery, Booker, Anderson
WR-Thomas, Diggs, Sanders, Cole, Crowder, Humphries Goodwin, Richardson, Cole
TE-Andrews, Fant, Walker, Herndon

Do you guys think this is a playoff time? Is there any other moves i should make to improve this roster? Thanks!
14 Team PPR League 6pts all TDs 1.5 PPR TE
Start QB 2RB 2WR 2Flex 1TE 1K 28 Man Active Roster
QB-Carr, Palmer, Stanton, Gabbert
RB- Ingram, Coleman, Montgomery, West, Smallwood, K. Bibbs, R.Smith, Marshall
WR-A. Brown, Crowder, Maclin, Aiken, Britt, Ginn, Conley, Kupp(R), Coleman, Wallace, T. Mcbride, J. Hunter
TE-Graham, Rudolph,
TS-Joshua Dobbs, Brian Hill, James Connor, Chad Hansen

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Thoughts On this Team?

Postby killer_of_giants » Wed May 29, 2019 8:26 am

you are two players short.
i think you sold quite low on fournette

TimeWillTell
Captain
Captain

Postby TimeWillTell » Wed May 29, 2019 8:28 am

I'm no expert so take with a grain of salt:

QB: solid, good to go
RB: you need penny and Monty to have a good year. And you need Howard and Miller to have a major part of their time share.
WR: Thomas/Diggs and Sanders are good (if sanders healthy), otherwise given your starting requirements you may really need Goodwin to have a good year which I'm not super confident in.
TE: not loving the consistency here. Herndon is my favorite, which I own. But I'm not sure he's ideal for a contender.

You don't mention how many teams make playoffs. If it's 4 I honestly don't think you're there. If it's 6 making playoffs then you probably have a chance but I don't think I'd bet on it. You need some things to go your way.

ETA Yeah you sold too low on Fournette, agree.
2020, 2021, 2022 Champion!
12 Team 1QB 0.5 PPR 30 man roster
Start: 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1Flex,1K,1Def
QB: Mahomes, Brady, Stafford
RB: Barkley, Taylor, Dobbins, Swift, Jacobs
WR: Chase, Jefferson, AJB, Lamb, DJM, Olave, Dotson, Mike Evans
TE: Hock, Dulcich, Chig, Fant, Jonnu, Hurst, Everett
K: Some guy
Def: Who knows
1.01, 1.03

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Wed May 29, 2019 8:31 am

You have some nice pieces to build around. I like Mayfield moving forward as your QB. Two nice top end WR's. Hopefully Penny and Montgomery make a jump and turn into good backs. You have a nice batch of young upside TE's. I would try to load up on 2020 picks and move out aging players that still have value. To me, you are still building for the future overall.

brooklynkid
Role Player
Role Player

Postby brooklynkid » Wed May 29, 2019 8:34 am

killer_of_giants wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 8:26 am you are two players short.
i think you sold quite low on fournette
I was desperately trying to get rid of him honestly?

6 team make the playoffs, I have a offer for Golden Tate but i don't think that's going to push the team over the top
WR-A. Brown, Crowder, Maclin, Aiken, Britt, Ginn, Conley, Kupp(R), Coleman, Wallace, T. Mcbride, J. Hunter
TE-Graham, Rudolph,

FantasyFoosball
Legend
Legend

Postby FantasyFoosball » Wed May 29, 2019 9:31 am

This is a 12 team PPR League 1QB 1RB 1WR 1TE 4Flex

I've never made the playoffs with this team this is my third year in this league.

Trade 1-Sent Fournette and Ito Smith for 1.04 and 2.2 I was tired of counting on Fournette so i moved him
Awful trade. Sold way too low on LF. He's worth a lot more, and that's without including Ito Smith. Yuck.

Why?
I don't have a problem with this

Draft-1:04-Montgomery 1.11-Noah Fant 4.4-Rodney Anderson, so after the draft my team ended looking like this

RB-Penny, Montgomery, Miller, Howard, Thompson, Mcguire, Ty Montgomery, Booker, Anderson

Do you guys think this is a playoff time? Is there any other moves i should make to improve this roster? Thanks!

This is nowhere near a playoff team. I'd sell Brees and get what you can for him. No need for Bridgewater either.
Your RB's are atrocious. You have zero RB's in my top 25 RB rankings for 2019. I'd sell all of them except for Penny and Montgomery and get what you can. Since your RB's are so bad, you probably need to start at least four or five WR's. Your WR's are not that great outside of Thomas and Diggs. Your TE's aren't that good either.

This team is a total rebuild. I'd sell Thomas too because your team won't be competitive any time soon. You can get a kings ransom for him, and you need it.

Good luck!

TL;DR This looks like a last place team to me. You only have one elite player in Thomas. The rest are meh.
Team One:
10 Team Salary Cap League w/ IDP - Est. 2018
2018: Champions!
2019: Champions!!
2020: 2nd Place
2021: Loss in Semis
2022: Champions!!!
.5 PPR/$200 budget
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/TE, 1 K, 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB, 3 DL/LB/DB

QB - Mahomes
RB - CMC, White, Sanders, Herbert, Foreman, McKinnon
WR - Diggs, Ridley, Godwin, KJ Osborn, Woods, Claypool, Campbell
TE - Kittle, Goedert, Gesicki
K - Bass
DL - Reddick, Jones, M. Sweat
LB - R. Smith, Wagner, Leonard, White, Perryman, Cashman
DB - Byard, Bell, Hobbs, Jenkins

2024: 3rd

Team Two:
DLF Advice Forum League
14 Team PPR SF/TE Premium (2PPR)
2020: 4th Place
2021: 2nd Place
1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1SF, 2Flex
QB - Allen, Carr, Mayfield, Trask, Zappe
RB - Harris, Gibson, Herbert, K. Miller, C. Brown
WR - MT, G. Davis, Bourne, Skyy Moore, Reynolds, Shakir, A.T. Perry, C. Moore, Hinton
TE - Kittle, Andrews, Woods

2024: 1, 2, 3, 4

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Wed May 29, 2019 10:01 am

brooklynkid wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 8:20 am This is a 12 team PPR League 1QB 1RB 1WR 1TE 4Flex

Let's look at this step by step.
Current roster:
Qb: good, 2 starters

Rb: you are lacking an obvious rb1 and there are several players who's value may crash after this year (Miller, Howard, Thompson) and several who will have minimal impacts (McGuire, ty Montgomery, Booker). 2-3 starters

Wr: you have two potential wr1s in Mt and diggs. Depth however is suspect. Sanders is your best option coming off injury. All others are dealing with new QBs, crowded wr groups, or new teams. 2 starters maybe 3.

Te: they are fine, but you sure have a lot of them. I'd look to trade walker as soon as he does something good in that offense. 1-2 starters maybe??

Trades:
Fournette trade: I think you undersold here, but I understand why you did it. If that was the best trade it was the best trade.

2.02 trade: I think maybe you got good value here, but with your selection of fant at 1.11 I just don't get why you made the trade. I think there was a better option to draft at 1.11 and any value you gained in the trade you lost in the draft unless you can flip walker.

3.04 trade: again you trade for a te. Did you win on value? Maybe. But would have preferred to take two shots with players here. Unsure how to judge without actuy seeing the draft. But given your roster construction I would have preferred taking two shorts at rb with these picks than grabbing your 4th te.

Draft:
Only pick I don't like is fant due to roster construction. Depending in the actual pucks that were made by others maybe your other two picks weren't great

Overall:
Are you a playoff team? Not on paper. Could you sneak in? Sure. But a single injury to one of your starters and you are out. I do however think that the only position that needs serious tweaking at this point is your rbs. I'd look to acquire some more 2020 1sts and build them that way.
Team #1: 2nd place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens
T: Kelce, Goedert
D: nyj
K: Sanders

Team #2: back to back champion
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: R Wilson, Murray, Watson
R: Swift, Walker, gus bus
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen
T: Kelce, Pitts
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Team #3: back to back champion
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Heinicke, walker
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, Juju
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Team #4 3rd
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0004&O=01

Team #5 4th
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =07&F=0009

Team #6 orphan
https://www46.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0013&O=07

brooklynkid
Role Player
Role Player

Postby brooklynkid » Wed May 29, 2019 10:34 am

abloom wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 10:01 am
brooklynkid wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 8:20 am This is a 12 team PPR League 1QB 1RB 1WR 1TE 4Flex

Current roster:

Rb: you are lacking an obvious rb1 and there are several players who's value may crash after this year (Miller, Howard, Thompson) and several who will have minimal impacts (McGuire, ty Montgomery, Booker). 2-3 starters

Wr: you have two potential wr1s in Mt and diggs. Depth however is suspect. Sanders is your best option coming off injury. All others are dealing with new QBs, crowded wr groups, or new teams. 2 starters maybe 3.

Te: they are fine, but you sure have a lot of them. I'd look to trade walker as soon as he does something good in that offense. 1-2 starters maybe??

Trades:
Fournette trade: I think you undersold here, but I understand why you did it. If that was the best trade it was the best trade.

2.02 trade: I think maybe you got good value here, but with your selection of fant at 1.11 I just don't get why you made the trade. I think there was a better option to draft at 1.11 and any value you gained in the trade you lost in the draft unless you can flip walker.

3.04 trade: again you trade for a te. Did you win on value? Maybe. But would have preferred to take two shots with players here. Unsure how to judge without actuy seeing the draft. But given your roster construction I would have preferred taking two shorts at rb with these picks than grabbing your 4th te.

Draft:
Only pick I don't like is fant due to roster construction. Depending in the actual pucks that were made by others maybe your other two picks weren't great

Overall:
Are you a playoff team? Not on paper. Could you sneak in? Sure. But a single injury to one of your starters and you are out. I do however think that the only position that needs serious tweaking at this point is your rbs. I'd look to acquire some more 2020 1sts and build them that way.
Majority of your analysis is correct I moved Fournette and that was the best deal i could get no one wanted him, I even had to squeeze that one out. I took Fant because that was best player available I didn't like the other guys who were available, the next five guys drafted after him in order were Hardman, Henderson, Butler, Murray and Whiteside. I didn't like any of those guys more then Fant. In addition to that i don't view Fant as traditional TE, he's more like a big WR that plays TE. Yeah i have Walker but he's on his last legs lol I traded 3.04 and 3.05 for Herndon because there was no one i liked at those spots, that was a value trade. After the top 3 RB's there were no other RB's that i liked. I wasn't really thinking about starting requirements i was trying to acquire guys with value, after the mid 2nd round the draft starts get unappealing
TE-Graham, Rudolph,

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Wed May 29, 2019 11:20 am

brooklynkid wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 10:34 am
abloom wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 10:01 am

Current roster:

Trades:

Draft:

Overall:
Majority of your analysis is correct I moved Fournette and that was the best deal i could get no one wanted him, I even had to squeeze that one out. I took Fant because that was best player available I didn't like the other guys who were available, the next five guys drafted after him in order were Hardman, Henderson, Butler, Murray and Whiteside. I didn't like any of those guys more then Fant. In addition to that i don't view Fant as traditional TE, he's more like a big WR that plays TE. Yeah i have Walker but he's on his last legs lol I traded 3.04 and 3.05 for Herndon because there was no one i liked at those spots, that was a value trade. After the top 3 RB's there were no other RB's that i liked. I wasn't really thinking about starting requirements i was trying to acquire guys with value, after the mid 2nd round the draft starts get unappealing
Well I'll disagree with your last statement. There are a few rbs that I think are worth a shot in the 3rd round. Can you post the rookie draft results?

As for 1.11 I'd take Whiteside there or trade walker

R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,

Team #4 3rd

Team #5 4th

Team #6 orphan

brooklynkid
Role Player
Role Player

Postby brooklynkid » Wed May 29, 2019 11:49 am

I like Whiteside but I have Fant higher, Broncos are short on receiving options plus Flacco loves throwing to TE's, I have a feeling Fant well be an immediate contributor. Here's the results of the draft

http://www59.myfantasyleague.com/2019/o ... 15635&O=17
TE-Graham, Rudolph,

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Wed May 29, 2019 11:55 am

would have actually preferred Harmon and Thompson over Herndon pretty easily. I'd also take a stab with B. Anderson too (not at the 3rd round picks, but you may as well pick him up).

Team #4 3rd

Team #5 4th

Team #6 orphan

thomasscheeks
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby thomasscheeks » Wed May 29, 2019 12:57 pm

I don't see you competing yet.

Honestly you might want to look at shipping Thomas off while his value is still sky high. Once Brees retires, his value will take a hit regardless of who is throwing to him. There's no way they find another Brees. I don't see you competing before that happens unless he plays until he's 45 or something. You should be able to get a haul for him and jump start this rebuild.
10 Man IDP, .75 ppr, Big Play Bonus, TE Prem, 2 QB, 1-3 RB, 2-4 WR, 2 TE, 2 DT, 2 DE, 3 LB, 4 DB, 34 Keepers (17 off - 17 IDP)
QB: Watson, Lawrence, Tannehill, Fitzmagic
RB: Jacobs, Javonte, Drake, Mack
WR: Thomas, DJ Moore, Mike Williams, Golladay, Mooney, Kirk, Shepard, Parker
TE: Kittle, Ito Smith, Ebron, Bryant, Seals-Jones
DT: Simmons, Cox, Oliver, Vea
DL: Bosa, Hunter, Heyward, Greenard, Odeyingbo
LB: Watt, White, Cunningham, Kirksey
DB: Collins, Duggar, J Reid, Clark, Edmunds

12 Man, 1 ppr, 1 QB, 1-3 RB, 1-3 WR, 1 TE
QB: Tua, Jameis, Cam, Taysom
RB: Taylor, Javonte, CEH
WR: Jefferson, Nuk, Diontae, Juju, Shepard, Mooney, Robby Anderson