Rojo Value

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
NWABCS
Captain
Captain

Re: Rojo Value

Postby NWABCS » Wed May 29, 2019 9:40 am

I loved RoJo last year. I got him off waivers (with highest bid) when someone dropped him. I essentially got him for nothing but now I'm getting flooded with offers. Only one with any substance is Ingram and Marvin Jones but that doesn't do it for me.

I'd rather combine him with someone to get Dalvin Cook, DJ Moore, or even a 2020 1st (what Ingram/Jones owner currently has). Meh...
12 team
1/2 PPR
Start: 1QB, 2RB, 1 R/W/T, 3W/T, 1SF, 1K, 1 DEF

QB: Mahomes, Burrow, Lawrence
RB: Bijan Robinson, J. Taylor, Etienne, B. Hall, Roschon Johnson, Najee
WR/TE: J. Jefferson, D. Samuel, AJ Brown, DJ Moore, J. Chase, Waddle, Nico Collins, Rashee Rice
K: Butker
DEF: Bills
2024 picks: 1.11, 3.04
2025 picks: 1st, two 2nds

12 team
1/2 ppr
Start: 1QB, 2RB, 1R/W/T, 3 W/T, 1SF

QB: Mahomes, Josh Allen, Aidan O'Connell, Mason Rudolph
RB: Javonte Williams, Barkley, Etienne, J. Warren, D. Foreman, K. Herbert, N. Harris, Chris Rodriguez
WR/TE: D. Adams, DJ Moore, DK Metcalf, Waddle, Pittman, Drake London, ARSB, Mark Andrews
2024 picks: 1.04, 2.01, 2.12, 3.05, 3.11, 4.04, 4.09, 5.05, 5.07
2025 picks: two 2nds

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Wed May 29, 2019 10:15 am

NWABCS wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 9:40 am I loved RoJo last year. I got him off waivers (with highest bid) when someone dropped him. I essentially got him for nothing but now I'm getting flooded with offers. Only one with any substance is Ingram and Marvin Jones but that doesn't do it for me.

I'd rather combine him with someone to get Dalvin Cook, DJ Moore, or even a 2020 1st (what Ingram/Jones owner currently has). Meh...
I don't see the issue with that offer at all. Two starters for a guy who couldn't even find the field or LOS. Ingram is a RB2 and Jones is a WR3.

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Wed May 29, 2019 10:19 am

NWABCS wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 9:40 am Only one with any substance is Ingram and Marvin Jones but that doesn't do it for me.
That's a pretty fair offer...I'd value Mark Ingram >= Ronald Jones with both players worth around an early 2nd.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

brooklynkid
Role Player
Role Player

Postby brooklynkid » Wed May 29, 2019 10:38 am

WhatWouldDitkaDo wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 10:19 am
NWABCS wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 9:40 am Only one with any substance is Ingram and Marvin Jones but that doesn't do it for me.
That's a pretty fair offer...I'd value Mark Ingram >= Ronald Jones with both players worth around an early 2nd.
I would take this deal honestly, even though TB didn't draft RB there's still the 2020 draft and i have no faith in Jones, the man couldn't even get on the field.
14 Team PPR League 6pts all TDs 1.5 PPR TE
Start QB 2RB 2WR 2Flex 1TE 1K 28 Man Active Roster
QB-Carr, Palmer, Stanton, Gabbert
RB- Ingram, Coleman, Montgomery, West, Smallwood, K. Bibbs, R.Smith, Marshall
WR-A. Brown, Crowder, Maclin, Aiken, Britt, Ginn, Conley, Kupp(R), Coleman, Wallace, T. Mcbride, J. Hunter
TE-Graham, Rudolph,
TS-Joshua Dobbs, Brian Hill, James Connor, Chad Hansen

Flgatorguy87
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Flgatorguy87 » Wed May 29, 2019 10:49 am

I would love that deal for Jones. He is being talked up and will get every opportunity to start, but he is just as likely to be Bishop Sankey.
SF PPR 30 man roster 5 taxi 2 IR
QB, 3WR, 2RB, 2TE, 2FLEX , Superflex

A. Rodgers, J. Goff, D. Lock, Ta. Hill

O. Beckham, Antonio Brown, M. Evans, A. Robinson, S. Diggs, C. Sutton, T. Boyd, Jakobi Meyers, S. Sims Jr., Darius Slayton

S. Barkley, Da. Cook, Cam Akers, JK Dobbins, R. Penny, Ronald Jones, W. Gallman, Duke Johnson, AJ Dillon, Darrynton Evans, DeeJay Dallas, L. Perine

G. Kittle, M. Andrews, H. Hurst

Taxi: R. Armstead, Joe Reed, L. Bowden Jr., I. Coulter, Scotty Miller

2021 - 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 3rd, 5th

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Wed May 29, 2019 10:50 am

I wish Bruce Anderson (UDFA) had a better 3-Cone, because I'd pick him up in a heartbeat with Barber + Rojo.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Wed May 29, 2019 10:54 am

I find it astounding that people are ready to label him anything after 23 career carries; I do not see how anybody can rationally form an opinion on his suitability in the NFL with that kind of sample size playing behind the 2nd worst run blocking team in the league while fighting injuries.

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Wed May 29, 2019 11:09 am

Lumps wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 7:33 pm I bought him (added him in a larger trade) for 3.6 in a 16 team, SF, IDP league. Oddly enough, the pick was used on Justice Hill. Seems about right, but give me Rojo of the two.

I don't see this as complete certainty or anything like that. However, if you have the opportunity to buy a back that could turn into the starter for Bruce Arians, at a position where the depth chart is a disaster, where the team used some nice draft capital on him, and he's 21, for a 3rd...you do it. That's a chance I will take 10/10 times.

Some of the excuses are valid. Some not. However, in this age of transition from your Jeff Fisher's to McVay's.... he would NOT be the first player that looked poorly with bad coaching, that turned it around after a change.

If it were a mid second in this draft, I don't think I would. I've seen Isabella fall in that range WAY too often. At a certain point they are ALL darts, though. I was happy to give up my 3rd for this dart.
Even after I said this...
NWABCS wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 9:40 am I loved RoJo last year. I got him off waivers (with highest bid) when someone dropped him. I essentially got him for nothing but now I'm getting flooded with offers. Only one with any substance is Ingram and Marvin Jones but that doesn't do it for me.

If I got an offer like that, he would be gone. TBH, I'm hoping you worded something poorly in that post and Ingram + Jones for Rojo wasn't the deal offered to you. I'm just not exactly sure how you could have worded something incorrectly though... :think:

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Wed May 29, 2019 11:19 am

Phaded wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 10:54 am I find it astounding that people are ready to label him anything after 23 career carries; I do not see how anybody can rationally form an opinion on his suitability in the NFL with that kind of sample size playing behind the 2nd worst run blocking team in the league while fighting injuries.
He's also playing one of the easiest positions that the NFL has to offer...so it's not farfetched the reasons why people have jumped to a conclusion lol.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed May 29, 2019 11:27 am

Space Cowboy wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 10:15 am

I don't see the issue with that offer at all. Two starters for a guy who couldn't even find the field or LOS. Ingram is a RB2 and Jones is a WR3.
:lol:
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

NWABCS
Captain
Captain

Postby NWABCS » Wed May 29, 2019 11:38 am

Flgatorguy87 wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 10:49 am I would love that deal for Jones. He is being talked up and will get every opportunity to start, but he is just as likely to be Bishop Sankey.
I just had a flashback of me being excited when I got Bishop Sankey.

I'm gonna trade Rojo right now.

:wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :(
12 team
1/2 PPR
Start: 1QB, 2RB, 1 R/W/T, 3W/T, 1SF, 1K, 1 DEF

QB: Mahomes, Burrow, Lawrence
RB: Bijan Robinson, J. Taylor, Etienne, B. Hall, Roschon Johnson, Najee
WR/TE: J. Jefferson, D. Samuel, AJ Brown, DJ Moore, J. Chase, Waddle, Nico Collins, Rashee Rice
K: Butker
DEF: Bills
2024 picks: 1.11, 3.04
2025 picks: 1st, two 2nds

12 team
1/2 ppr
Start: 1QB, 2RB, 1R/W/T, 3 W/T, 1SF

QB: Mahomes, Josh Allen, Aidan O'Connell, Mason Rudolph
RB: Javonte Williams, Barkley, Etienne, J. Warren, D. Foreman, K. Herbert, N. Harris, Chris Rodriguez
WR/TE: D. Adams, DJ Moore, DK Metcalf, Waddle, Pittman, Drake London, ARSB, Mark Andrews
2024 picks: 1.04, 2.01, 2.12, 3.05, 3.11, 4.04, 4.09, 5.05, 5.07
2025 picks: two 2nds

johnnymozart
Role Player
Role Player

Postby johnnymozart » Wed May 29, 2019 11:51 am

Rojo was drafted and learning the playbook/speed of game at age 20. He's still one of the youngest rbs if he was reinserted into the 2019 draft class...

He was also taken at a higher draft stock 2.06 than any other back not named Jacobs. Selling for anything less than a first this year, or a first next year is losing speculative value. It's entirely possible it was a result of immaturity and being a bit too raw last year.
My team/Picks (14 Teamer- .5PPR) Start 1 QB, 2-3 RB, 2-3 WR, 1-2 TE
QB Lamar Jackson, Russ Wilson, Mills
RB A Gibson, Aaron Jones, Damien Harris, Penny IR, D.Pierce, Haskins
WR ARobinson, KAllen, Mike Evans, Sutton, Amon-Ra, TBoyd, GDavis, Dotson, Pierce
TE Mark Andrews, Goedert, LThomas
K Tucker
2023- No Picks
2024- 2, 2

Rebuild Sad Orphan 12 team .5PPR -- Start 1QB, 2-4 WR, 2-4 RB, 1-3 TE

QB. Tua, DJones (IR)
RB Bijan (R), Gibbs (R), J. Conner, TSpears (R), Demercado, J Mason, Z. White
WR Amon-Ra St Brown, Nico Collins, J. Reed (R), R. Shaheed, C.Tillman (R), Osborn, Terrace M, CSamuel, Pierce, Ross
TE Andrews, Ferguson, McBride, Ertz (IR)
DEF- Patriots, Vikings
2024 None
2025 2, 2, 2, 2, 3, 3, 3
2026 2, 3

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Wed May 29, 2019 12:18 pm

johnnymozart wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 11:51 am Rojo was drafted and learning the playbook/speed of game at age 20. He's still one of the youngest rbs if he was reinserted into the 2019 draft class...

He was also taken at a higher draft stock 2.06 than any other back not named Jacobs. Selling for anything less than a first this year, or a first next year is losing speculative value. It's entirely possible it was a result of immaturity and being a bit too raw last year.
He needs a hole the size of the Grand Canyon to see it.

The game may have been too big for him but a few of us thought he was going to be a major bust before he was ever drafted.

I will be amazed if he ever does much in the NFL.

Never owned him never will but good luck to those who believe in miracles!

They do happen but it’s going to take one IMO.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Wed May 29, 2019 12:25 pm

johnnymozart wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 11:51 am Rojo was drafted and learning the playbook/speed of game at age 20. He's still one of the youngest rbs if he was reinserted into the 2019 draft class...

This isn't a good thing though if he's poor at grasping the mental side of the game. He'll get another shot this year, but if he does nothing with it, I think that's the end. Teams do not wait for bad RBs to develop. It's an expendable position. They'll just find someone else.

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Wed May 29, 2019 12:48 pm

I can't ever remember a highly drafted RB running for 1.9 YPC then turning into even as much as a third down back. He looked scared, indecisive and overwhelmed. RBs usually don't develop, you have it or you don't. This very likely could be the final sell high window.