Coleman was named the "clear favorite" to begin the season with the most backfield touches

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Bluesox22
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Coleman was named the "clear favorite" to begin the season with the most backfield touches

Postby Bluesox22 » Tue May 28, 2019 7:42 am

He's a solid buy in my opinion - trade finder indicates he can still be had on the cheap.

Analysis: Maiocco cited the health issues surrounding Jerick McKinnon (returning from a serious knee injury) and Matt Breida (already nursing a torn pectoral muscle) as the main reasons for his prediction of Coleman leading in touches. The 26-year-old has proven his worth both as a runner (4.4 YPC over his career) and an adept receiver (68.7 catch percentage) through four pro seasons. The aforementioned McKinnon and Breida are currently projected to be ready for the start of the regular season -- barring any setbacks -- so touches will certainly be split between the three dynamic backs regardless of who the "lead back" is. That said, if Maiocco's words hold true, Coleman should be treated as the highest-priority of the three heading into drafts.
12 team, 25 final roster spots, 1/2 pt PPR, 10 starters, 1 QB
2018 Champion

QB: Russell Wilson, Jimmy G, Brissett
RB: Alvin Kamara, Joe Mixon, Tevin Coleman, Rex Burkhead, Raheem Mostart, Jay Ajayi, Brian Hill
WR: Julio Jones, Keenan Allen, Sammy Watkins, Tyler Boyd, DJ Moore, Mike Williams, M Lee, Albert Wilson, R Cobb, Demarcus Robinson
TE: George Kittle, Evan Engram, G Everett, Jonnu Smith

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Re: Coleman was named the "clear favorite" to begin the season with the most backfield touches

Postby Orenthal Shames » Tue May 28, 2019 7:47 am

Meh

Buy whoever is cheapest and hope for the best.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Downs, Mims, Douglas, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.08, 1.14, 2nd x2

Lord_Varys
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Coleman was named the "clear favorite" to begin the season with the most backfield touches

Postby Lord_Varys » Tue May 28, 2019 7:49 am

Should surprise no one. He's the most complete back of the three, and has a leg up in OTAs at this point. The question will be: is he a "normal" Shanahan RB1, or will it be a 3-man time-share? I'm of the opinion that the time share effects the value of the RB2 and 3 -- i.e. it's a 2-man timeshare for the RB2 spot. Shanahan has always found an RB1 that he prefers to get about 60% of touches and the red zone looks.

That said, I wouldn't call him a "buy." The 2020 RB class will claim many lives and Shanahan is the type who loves to get cheap RB production. Instead of continuing to pay veterans, draft a 3rd round RB and ride him like a rented mule. All too real a possibility for me to sink too much into Coleman at this point.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Tue May 28, 2019 8:06 am

Of course the reporter is making that observation; McKinnon, Breida AND Morstert are all sitting out..

lol

While it could be true, this article is a non-story if you review the context.

djeternal2
Captain
Captain

Postby djeternal2 » Tue May 28, 2019 8:17 am

Agreed Phaded. I know it's the dead period but can we stop discussing every opinion piece that pops up as if it's actual news? The title of this thread makes it sound as if there is actual news when there isn't.
10 tm ppr 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 Flex, TE, K, TDEF (Yr 6)
QB - Ryan, Wentz
RB - Gurley, A Jones, Cohen, Kerryon, Dam Williams, Duke, I Smith, Armstead, T Carson
WR - AJG, Watkins, ARob, A. Cooper, K Allen, M Williams, Godwin, Callaway, JJAW
TE - Gesicki, I Smith, Herndon, Eifert, Sternberger, Dissly

10 tm TE prem 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, K, 2 DB, 2 DL, 2 LB (Yr 5)
QB - Mahomes, Mayfield, Wentz,
RB - Zeke, Chubb, Kerryon, Duke, Edmonds, B Hill
WR - Nuk, AJG, ARob, JJS, Samuel, MVS, T Smith, D Hamilton, Gallup, K Johnson
TE - Njoku, Eifert, Herndon, I Smith, I Thomas, Moreau
DL - Watt, K Clark, Q Williams
LB - D Jones, D Bush
DB - K Neal, Bell

DLF Early Birds - 16 tm SF (1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex, 1 SF
QB - A Rodgers, Darnold, Rosen, M Rudolph, Luck
RB - Damian Williams, J Howard, Duke, AP, Gore
WR - Julio, Golladay, Kirk, Stills, Manny Sanders, N Harry
TE - Jarwin, Gesicki, Boyle, Sprinkle

kadun2
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby kadun2 » Tue May 28, 2019 8:28 am

All it takes is opportunity and Coleman has the talent to capitalize if the others dont get going right away.

Flatlander19
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Flatlander19 » Tue May 28, 2019 8:49 am

I agree with Phaded and as a niners fan I don't buy it. I think it's gonna be a full blown committee. In regards to buying low on him, everyone of my leagues whoever owns him is holding for a kings ransom cause they believe he will me the workhorse. Not worth a 1st
Team 1
12 team PPR 1QB, 2RB,3WR,1TE, flex
QB Lawrence, Garoppollo
RB Barkley, Jacobs, Mack, Ingram,T Coleman, Gallman,E Benjamin
WR Jefferson, Mclaurin, Godwin, E Moore, Reagor, Campbell, Hardman
TE Kittle, Tonyan
Team 2
10 team Half PPR 1QB, 2 RB, 3WR, 2 Flex, 1 TE
QB J Allen, Tua, Mayfield
RB JT, Zeke, CEH, Sanders, Javontae Williams, Drake, Penny
WR AJ Brown, Chase, DJ Moore, Ridley, Mclaurin, Amon Ra St Brown, M Williams, Davis, Campbell
TE Hockenson, Engram
Team 3
10 team Non PPR 1QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1Flex, 1TE, 1 K, 1Def
QB Wilson, Lance, Z Wilson, Cousins
RB Jones, Akers, Sanders, Coleman, Pollard
WR M Thomas, AJ Brown, Golladay, DJ Moore, OBJ, Jeudy, Mims, Davis
TE Kittle, Gesicki,
K Koo, Sanders
DEF Colts

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Tue May 28, 2019 8:54 am

yeah non story. i still think coleman gets about 200 touches which should still be quite good in that offense.

GridironGuerilla
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby GridironGuerilla » Tue May 28, 2019 9:12 am

azthecrow wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 8:28 am All it takes is opportunity and Coleman has the talent to capitalize if the others dont get going right away.
Seems to me he had a pretty good opportunity to get it going last season and fell kinda flat.
"If on 4th down, the quarterback doesn't complete his pass, they will turn over the ball."

-Booger McFarlland

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Tue May 28, 2019 9:30 am

GridironGuerilla wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 9:12 am
azthecrow wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 8:28 am All it takes is opportunity and Coleman has the talent to capitalize if the others dont get going right away.
Seems to me he had a pretty good opportunity to get it going last season and fell kinda flat.
Agree. He showed us what he was last year.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Downs, Mims, Douglas, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.08, 1.14, 2nd x2

RB6
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby RB6 » Tue May 28, 2019 9:41 am

Yep, this is simply off-season click bait. Still a situation I'm avoiding like the plague.
.5PPR 1Q/3W/2R/1T/1SF/2F
LJax, Burrow, Carr, Huntley, Heinicke, Cunningham
Adams, Kupp, Deebo, M Brown, Kirk, Wiliams, C Samuel, Palmer, E. Moore, Hodgins, Hutchinson
CMC, Barkley, Mostert, Ford, Moss, Dobbins, Dillon, Kelley, Tucker
Andrews, Higbee

PPR 1Q/3W/2R/1T/1SF/2F
Mahomes, Purdy, Dalton, Henicke, Trask, Zappe
Henry, Pacheco, Robinson, Wilson, Ford, Chandler, Deuce
Hill, Kupp, Shaheed, Toney, Lazard, Metchie, Mingo, Slayton, Shenault, Atwell, Hutchinson
Pitts, Waller, Washington

PPR Best Ball Dynasty SF .5TEP
Stroud, Cousins, Willis, Mariota, Cunningham
Walker, J Cook, Miller, Zamir, Rodriguez, Carter, Penny
St. Brown, Aiyuk, DJ Moore, London, Doubs, Metchie, Scott, Claypool
Kincaid, Dulcich, Fant, Turner, Hurst

ajpmn01
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby ajpmn01 » Tue May 28, 2019 10:01 am

I have shares of Coleman and was disappointed with his performance last year and the situation he signed into. There's some upside with the coach, scheme blah blah blah, so we'll see what happens.

However, I've grown to despise these stupid off-season articles that are total fluff. Sure, Coleman's going to get the bulk of carries, and there are several UDFA WRs looking super good in OTAs that will probably beat established vets, and then there's the raw TE that might get the job if several unlikely events unfold in perfect order... I use the articles to do further research, and sometimes put these guys on my watch list or pick them up, but I don't invest too much effort.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Tue May 28, 2019 10:25 am

Orenthal Shames wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 9:30 am
GridironGuerilla wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 9:12 am
Agree. He showed us what he was last year.
Atlanta had a mid 20's O line in run blocking last year. SF has a much better line. Coleman should be much better this year. Not saying he will win the job but his situation is better.

The Falcon's drafted 2 O lineman in the first round for a reason this past draft.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue May 28, 2019 10:39 am

I think Coleman was always the clear favourite to get the most touches, but how many touches that is is still not a ton. McKinnon and Breida aren't Bell cows, but neither is Coleman. 200 touches or so should be the guess IMO.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Tue May 28, 2019 10:41 am

150/750/5 with some catches thrown in. I'll pass.

Who was the last FA RB to make a big time impact? Michael Turner? Surely I'm forgetting a few.....