You should probably sell George Kittle

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Kittle

Postby cazzie33 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:15 am

Took Rico and Kittle in last year's draft (had Rudolph) late but rated both to be right in line with the Big Three (Engram, Howard , Njoku) as talents. Opportunity is going to be the deciding factor. Liked Kittle's opportunity as a rookie the best to take on a big role.

Little competition for targets as SF had no alpha WR and were looking to get rid of Vance's contract from the previous regime. College teammate was possibly the starting QB. Iowa has long turned out polished NFL ready TE's under Ferentz. Looked extremely smooth as a receiver in college on limited targets. ( Iowa loves to run...then run some more ) . Been around the nfl atmosphere so didn't think he'd be overwhelmed. (Family member is an nfl TE if I remember right)

TE is a tough position to dominate right away and didn't expect him to be as good as he was @ the end of last year but not surprised he's in the top 5-10 already. The others are going to be right there with him in time (maybe not Rico as Dallas doesn't seem to be in his corner as much) but for now it's Kittle then Howard followed by I'd say Njoku now. Engram fell back after the Giants picked up Saquon

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

You should probably sell George Kittle

Postby Phaded » Fri May 24, 2019 7:38 pm

I invested in him this off-season.

I cripple every tight-end I have acquired via trade over the last 7 years.

You're welcome.

And if you don't sell him and he plummets, you can blame me but I'm warning you now.

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Re: You should probably sell George Kittle

Postby lukkynumber13 » Fri May 24, 2019 7:43 pm

Haha, the Phaded curse.

In all seriousness, he for sure is a sell IF you can truly sell for a king’s ransom. I just haven’t been able to get that.

I fully accept that he probably will never again have a season like he did in 2018, but I still think he will be good for about 70-900-6+ for the next 5+ years, with the occasional TE1 or TE2 overall season thrown in.
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Fri May 24, 2019 7:52 pm

I guess thanks for buying a TE I own no shares of is in order?
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Fri May 24, 2019 8:11 pm

Phaded wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 7:38 pm I invested in him this off-season.

I cripple every tight-end I have acquired via trade over the last 7 years.

You're welcome.

And if you don't sell him and he plummets, you can blame me but I'm warning you now.
I think he's a sell without the Phaded curse. Knowing this now, even more so.

He's a sell for the prices I've seen him command. Like ODB style packages. He will never have a higher value than that, and that's just basic financial wisdom.

Combine that with not knowing what a Jimmy G commanded offense looks like, Pettis in year two, and adding Deebo/Coleman/McKinnom back etc..... I just don't see him getting the numbers he did before.

honcho55
All Pro
All Pro

Postby honcho55 » Fri May 24, 2019 8:33 pm

I traded him away this off season so my curse of sending guys off who blow up should offset the curse some

There’s gotta be some type of gamblers fallacy in here somewhere
main league, half PPR, all TDs 6, -3 for INT
12 team. 2019 champ, 2020 runner up, ‘21 3rd
start 2SF, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2WRT

QB: T Lawrence, K Cousins, R Wilson, Z Wilson
RB: K Walker, T Ettiene, JK Dobbins, D Gore, J Hasty, D Johnson, L Rountree
WR: JJ, AJB, A Cooper, Juju, C Kirk, J Dotson, N Westbrook-Ikhine, I McKenzie
TE. T Kelce, Pitts, Albert O, D Parham, J O’Shaunessy

1.03, 1.11, 2.02, 2.09
Extra 24 1st

Fezzik
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Fezzik » Tue May 28, 2019 8:23 am

I know OP is joking...but I'm starting to think he kinda might be.

I love the player - he's a top 5 TE for me. I have him in 2/3 leagues. But if you can get a big package for him, or a late first on top of an Engram or Howard type player, I'd sell.

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Tue May 28, 2019 9:19 am

Kittle had the most YAC of any pass catcher in NFL history.

More than Moss. More than Rice. More than anybody ever.

This means he has no where to go but down. He's going to regress. His value will take a virtual tumble along with it, however he's still elite and perhaps will be the #1 TE for the next 4-5 years.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

Blueboy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Blueboy » Tue May 28, 2019 9:33 am

dlf_mikeh wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 9:19 am He's going to regress. His value will take a virtual tumble along with it, however he's still elite and perhaps will be the #1 TE for the next 4-5 years.
100% agreed. I'd hold him without an overpay. His yards are certain to go down, but maybe he'll eventually get more TDs in what has to be a better offense and with experience. Kelce only had 5/5/4 TDs in his first three seasons, Ertz only had 4/3/2/4 in his first four. Both are now a lock for I'd say. 7+

12-team SF, PPR, TE premium, 0.25 PPCarry
1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1SF 4Flex
QB: Mahomes, Fields, Love
RB: Bijan, ETN, Pollard, Achane, Herbert
WR: Kupp, Hill, Metcalf, Ridley, Jeudy, D.J. M, Burks, Hollywood, Wan'Dale
TE: Kyle Pitts, Goedert

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Tue May 28, 2019 9:48 am

I stole him for some mid round picks and Mariota in a SF to a Qb needy team. He's probably peaked but he's a top 5 TE for at least three more years.

He's essentially replacing Tyreek in my lineup.

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Tue May 28, 2019 9:49 am

dlf_mikeh wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 9:19 am Kittle had the most YAC of any pass catcher in NFL history.

This means he has no where to go but down. He's going to regress. His value will take a virtual tumble along with it, however he's still elite and perhaps will be the #1 TE for the next 4-5 years.
Thank you Denver Broncos D.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue May 28, 2019 12:09 pm

dlf_mikeh wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 9:19 am Kittle had the most YAC of any pass catcher in NFL history.

His TD's could easily go up to off set the yards some, though. Nobody expects the yardage again, I don't think.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Tue May 28, 2019 3:14 pm

I agree with selling players when they become a top option but I would make sure I got a good deal
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue May 28, 2019 3:27 pm

maxhyde wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 3:14 pm I agree with selling players when they become a top option but I would make sure I got a good deal
Depends. Kittle was a buy for me. I got him for 1.07 and a future first, and in a TE premium I got him for 1.02 a 2020 1st and 2nd. If I can get 2-3 years of top end TE production and then turn around and sell him for a first, or even more (look at Kelce's current value), I think it's an easy win in both cases.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

sugbear65
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby sugbear65 » Tue May 28, 2019 3:52 pm

maxhyde wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 3:14 pm I agree with selling players when they become a top option but I would make sure I got a good deal
I struggle with this idea all the time. I agree, a player can reach a level or ranking where there is literally nowhere for the value to go except down or stay the same. And if we preach sell high, that’s the ultimate sell high then, right?
But on the other hand, what kind of player are we striving for at every position? The Uber stud. So if you have one, does it really make sense to give them away? I guess maybe roster structure comes into play.
I honestly don’t know the right answer. I know in these cases it always come down to personal preference for me. For example, I’d sell Elliot when he hit top 2 because I hate that guy on a personal level. Or CMC this year only because he was never one of “my guys”. But I own OBJ and Nuk together on a few rosters, and you would have to pry them from my cold, dead hands. Especially Nuk.