Nick Chubb Thread: Chubb = Stud

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Ice
Legend
Legend

Re: Nick Chubb = Studd

Postby Ice » Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:34 am

Jason3123 wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:10 pm Traded Lindsay, Woods and pick 6 for Chubb tonight in my home league. Question, should I also acquire Hunt? I lean no.
Not I chance I would have paid that price. I would recommend you try to get Hunt if possible but more importantly start praying to the football god of your choice that Cleveland splits this backfield in 2020. They will showcase both late this season.

It seems pretty common around here that Chubb is the guy to own but I am by no means convinced he is better than Hunt.

Last season Lindsay averaged 14.8 points; Woods averaged 17.4 points, 1.6 is a high value prospect.

You received in return Chubb who averaged 12.7 points. The good news is Chubb averaged 17.9 points from week 7 on.

The very bad news is this season Hunt returns in week 9. Come playoff time expect a sizable dip in Chubb's output. Even if Chubb is better, it is Hunt who owns a rushing title in this league.

One of those will most likely be moved in 2020. Not a chance Hunt walks mid season. He comes off suspension after the NFL trade deadline. Wouldn't surprise me at all if Chubb gets traded instead of Hunt. The NFL is all about asset value and management. If Chubb brings more return and the Browns are comfortable with Hunt it shouldn't surprise anyone if that happened. The situation is fluid today rampant with speculation.

No issue with the trade but a lot has to happen for you to consider this a win downstream.....That said, I really like your aggressiveness in making the deal even though I wouldn't have done it. Of course, I am high on Woods, Lindsay, and that pick which is probably M. Brown.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:04 am

Ice wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:34 am
Jason3123 wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:10 pm Traded Lindsay, Woods and pick 6 for Chubb tonight in my home league. Question, should I also acquire Hunt? I lean no.
Not I chance I would have paid that price. I would recommend you try to get Hunt if possible but more importantly start praying to the football god of your choice that Cleveland splits this backfield in 2020. They will showcase both late this season.

It seems pretty common around here that Chubb is the guy to own but I am by no means convinced he is better than Hunt.

Last season Lindsay averaged 14.8 points; Woods averaged 17.4 points, 1.6 is a high value prospect.

You received in return Chubb who averaged 12.7 points. The good news is Chubb averaged 17.9 points from week 7 on.

The very bad news is this season Hunt returns in week 9. Come playoff time expect a sizable dip in Chubb's output. Even if Chubb is better, it is Hunt who owns a rushing title in this league.

One of those will most likely be moved in 2020. Not a chance Hunt walks mid season. He comes off suspension after the NFL trade deadline. Wouldn't surprise me at all if Chubb gets traded instead of Hunt. The NFL is all about asset value and management. If Chubb brings more return and the Browns are comfortable with Hunt it shouldn't surprise anyone if that happened. The situation is fluid today rampant with speculation.

No issue with the trade but a lot has to happen for you to consider this a win downstream.....That said, I really like your aggressiveness in making the deal even though I wouldn't have done it. Of course, I am high on Woods, Lindsay, and that pick which is probably M. Brown.
I fall on the complete opposite end here. I think that's an amazing deal for Chubb. I don't know if I'd trade Chubb for the Lindsay side x2. Chubb is a stud

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:07 am

Actually, the x2 part of my statement is ridiculous. Ignore that. I'd still easily take Chubb, though.

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Jason3123 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:35 am

Attempted the same offer for Dalvin Cook, Joe Mixon and Leonard Fournette. None of them accepted. Feels like a good sell high on Lindsay, maybe a year early on Chubb but we’ll see. Woods is a flex player for me on this roster so locking in a potential top 10 RB feels worth it. My roster is built around Bell, Beckham, Cooper, TY and Kittle, so gotta take advantage of the small window I have to win. A rookie at 6 in this draft most likely ain’t gonna get it done.

Conan Troutman
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Conan Troutman » Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:08 am

Jason3123 wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:35 am Attempted the same offer for Dalvin Cook, Joe Mixon and Leonard Fournette. None of them accepted. Feels like a good sell high on Lindsay, maybe a year early on Chubb but we’ll see. Woods is a flex player for me on this roster so locking in a potential top 10 RB feels worth it. My roster is built around Bell, Beckham, Cooper, TY and Kittle, so gotta take advantage of the small window I have to win. A rookie at 6 in this draft most likely ain’t gonna get it done.
Yeah it's a pretty good deal if you can contend right now. Woods is a high end WR2, Lindsay a high end RB2 and in this draft class #6 overall is a chance at another high end WR2 or RB2, but no elite talent. In the end, it's three second tier assets for one premium asset, and usually the side with the best player wins in these and no doubt that is Chubb. The owners of the trio you mentioned wouldn't take that deal, I wouldn't as well if I were any of them and I have ranked Chubb ahead of all three.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:34 am

Sure, he could walk in midseason and take a sizeable role, but if Chubb is doing what he did last year, I don't expect it. It would be shocking to see Chubb, with 3 years left on his rookie deal and no off field concerns traded ahead of Hunt, IMO. You talk about asset value and management, Chubb is the better asset in terms of contract and risk management, by far.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:17 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:34 am

Sure, he could walk in midseason and take a sizeable role, but if Chubb is doing what he did last year, I don't expect it. It would be shocking to see Chubb, with 3 years left on his rookie deal and no off field concerns traded ahead of Hunt, IMO. You talk about asset value and management, Chubb is the better asset in terms of contract and risk management, by far.
I am not dissagreeing with you on that but if if the value is there it could happen. This is the same GM that drafted both players and acquired Odell.

Obviously he is well aware of the talent of both players and both obviously have significant talent.

Probably an 80% chance one gets traded would be my bet. Which one is not known yet.

I get we love RB’s in fantasy but many in the NFL view them as property assets.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Jason3123 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:33 pm

If any RB gets traded it won’t be Nick Chubb. Hunt is on a 1 year deal. Chubb is on a 4 year rookie deal at affordable money. See ya Hunt.

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:21 pm

Jason3123 wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:33 pm If any RB gets traded it won’t be Nick Chubb. Hunt is on a 1 year deal. Chubb is on a 4 year rookie deal at affordable money. See ya Hunt.
Sounds logical to me

Conan Troutman
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Conan Troutman » Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:48 am

Yeah the Browns would be stupid to move Chubb and not Hunt unless they get a completely ridiculous offer - in which case that team will feature Chubb, so worst case is a worse situation as far as supporting cast is concerned.

Most likely, they're going enjoy a great backup for half a year and then let Hunt walk and collect a comp pick or sign him to another contract if interest is low - which it won't be if he outplays Chubb or plays close to his level.

So either way, Chubb will be a featured back somewhere unless he stinks it up and Hunt won't have anything to do with that.

That said, I wouldn't be shocked if the Browns opt to give Chubb a bit more rest once Hunt comes back, so prepare for a bit less volume in the back half of the season or even Chubb sitting out week 16 should the Browns punch their playoff ticket early.

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:26 pm

Seems that Hunt will get in too few games before the trade deadline, so I think the compensatory pick is the the play for the Browns. Or they resign him to another deal to stick for next year if he plays well and the negative press has died out.

Either way, Chubb is the main man there unless he misses a lot of time with an injury.
Last edited by Pac_Eddy on Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

Portsmouth Spartans
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Portsmouth Spartans » Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:48 pm

Ice wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:17 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:34 am

I am not dissagreeing with you on that but if if the value is there it could happen. This is the same GM that drafted both players and acquired Odell.

Obviously he is well aware of the talent of both players and both obviously have significant talent.

Probably an 80% chance one gets traded would be my bet. Which one is not known yet.

I get we love RB’s in fantasy but many in the NFL view them as property assets.
Hunt is a RFA next year, no?
10 team standard, keeper with 5-year option contracts (remaining years in parentheses, $5 per additional year when extended), $200 salary cap. Start: 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE
2015, 2017 Champs

QB: Jackson ($8 3yr+extension)
RB: Mixon ($5 1yr+extension), Chubb ($5 2yr+extension), Sanders ($5 3yr+ extension), Michel ($5 1yr+extension), Guice ($5 2yr+extension)
WR: Godwin ($1 2yr+extension), AJ Brown ($3 3yr+extension), Chark ($8 3yr+extension), M. Brown ($3 3y +extension), Isabella ($3 3yr+ extension)
TE: Kittle ($3, 2yr+extension), Henry ($1 2yr+extension), Goedert ($1 3yr+extension)

2020: 1.01, 1.02, 1.03, 2.01, 2.04, 2.10
2021: 1 1st
2022: 2 1st
2023: 1 1st

Johnny Canuck
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Nick Chubb catching passes in camp

Postby Johnny Canuck » Fri May 24, 2019 9:45 am

Johnny Canuck wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:32 am Here's my hot take. Don't worry I have a crystal ball so this will happen 100%.

This season Chubb won't be a factor until the midpoint. At some point into the season Hyde will get injured, because he always does, then Chubb will take that job and run with it. We see this all the time with talented rookie RBs that are behind incumbents, happened with DJ, happened with Kamara, this year it will happen with Chubb.

In the last half of the season, after the Browns week 11 bye, the team will be slightly out of the playoff race already, and will transition to using their rookies Mayfield and Chubb. Chubb will kill it against Cincy in weeks 11 and 16, but is in tough against top 10 run defenses for weeks 12, 13, 14, & 15. Regardless, I still think he'll perform, and it'll be a coming out party in the last half of the year for Chubb.

In the 2019-2020 season, Nick Chubb will be the obvious 2nd best RB out of this class. Chubb will be ranked in the top 12 for RBs. Hyde will be cut, Duke will not be resigned, and Chubb will be Todd Haleys new Lev Bell. Chubb won't see a workload exactly like Lev Bell with all the passing work, but Haley loves to lean on one guy, so a workload opportunity more like AP, Fournette, and Zeke should be expected - between 250-300 carries, with about 35-50 targets. Browns will sign a similar player to Duke to give Chubb a breather, or take the odd 3rd down work, someone like TJ Yeldon.

Trust me guys, I have a crystal ball I named foresight.

*obvs this was for fun, but tbh I don't really think it's all that far off. Feel like this has a better than not chance of happening.

Old post, but just wanted to pat myself on the back lol.

Couple things went different but I forgot to change the batteries in my crystal ball. Hyde traded instead of cut but pretty much the same outcome. Haley was gone, but Chubb killed it after midseason anyways. Now he's ranked as a top 12 RB, and is in line for a massive workload (for the first 8 games at least). Browns signed Hunt, which will likely end up in a Duke release/trade eventually.

Some of this stuff seems obvious, but at the time there were actually worries about Chubb, seems hard to believe now.

Kinda fun to read the comments about Chubb at this time last season, and think about it in context to current/ongoing rookie drafts.

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Fri May 24, 2019 3:43 pm

This was a pretty good take, Johnny. Not all super crazy-ish, but very solid nonetheless.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

JTLoh
Role Player
Role Player

Postby JTLoh » Fri May 24, 2019 4:40 pm

Boom!
CONTENTION 2
QB - D.Prescott, J.Hurts
RB - J.Jacobs, C-Patt, JRob, BRob, D.Pierce, TDP, H.Haskins
WR - Ceedee, J.Jefferson, JuJu, A.Pierce, Meyers, NWI
TE - M.Andrews, Brevin, J.Woods, L.Thomas
Defense: Cowboys/Viks

CELEBRITY DEATHMATCH
QB - Mahomes, Cousins, Love, Mond, Rush, M.White, Strong
RB - C-Patt, Singletary, K.Herbert, Foreman, Hubbard, Lindsay
WR - Lockett, Hollywood, OBJ, Golladay, AJG, Hardman, Meyers, Osborn, ISM
TE - Kelsey, Ertz, G.Everett, Bryant
Taxi - BRob, TDP, Ingram, A.Smith, K.Phillips, Metchie, Shakir, Tolbert, Thorton, J.Woods, S.Thompson

ALL THE MARBLES
QB - TB12, J.Hurts, Stafford
RB - Ekeler, Zeke, C-Patt, Mack, Rhamondre, BRob, R.White, Foreman
WR - AJ Brown, London, Watson, A.Pierce, Burks, OBJ, Golladay, Amon-Ra, Marshall
TE - Gronk, T.Higbee, D.Arnold, Ebron
Defense: Bills/Saints