The Tyreek Hill Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Johnny B. Goode
Starter
Starter

Re: Tyreek Hill

Postby Johnny B. Goode » Tue May 21, 2019 8:29 pm

SkinZ187 wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 8:02 pm
Irbir wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 7:41 pm Adrian Peterson was suspended for a year for using a switch on his kid. Hill is going to get a year for breaking his kids arm. Doesn’t matter if he’s charged or pleads guilty like AP. The NFL can do as they please regardless and given Hill’s history and that recording they are not going to allow him to play this year. The PR hit will be too great otherwise.
how can you speak in such "absolutes"?

they have text messages from crystal stating that she did it... is anybody naive enough to believe 100% that crystal did it because of those texts? i doubt it... i know i certainly dont.

BUT, if this situation unfolds with crystal declaring that she is the one that did it (meaning she takes the fall), i dont know how the league could completely disregard her "confession" and suspend tyreek for the whole season. that being said, i think he will def get some sort of suspension for what he said on the recording that was released.

still too many moving parts in this whole situation.

but my point stands -- who can you speak in such "absolutes"?
the law can refuse a confession if they suspect, or even know, it's not true... for instance, the father (and mother/child) stand to lose several 10s of millions of dollars if the father is found to be the one who did it, so the mother confesses

the league holds itself to lesser standards than the law

SkinZ187
Starter
Starter

Postby SkinZ187 » Tue May 21, 2019 8:55 pm

my point still stands...

irbir stated that tyreek is out for all of 2019.

i just cant take irbir's word as gospel. i need to hear it from the nfl.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue May 21, 2019 9:35 pm

SkinZ187 wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 8:02 pm
Irbir wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 7:41 pm Adrian Peterson was suspended for a year for using a switch on his kid. Hill is going to get a year for breaking his kids arm. Doesn’t matter if he’s charged or pleads guilty like AP. The NFL can do as they please regardless and given Hill’s history and that recording they are not going to allow him to play this year. The PR hit will be too great otherwise.
how can you speak in such "absolutes"?

they have text messages from crystal stating that she did it... is anybody naive enough to believe 100% that crystal did it because of those texts? i doubt it... i know i certainly dont.

BUT, if this situation unfolds with crystal declaring that she is the one that did it (meaning she takes the fall), i dont know how the league could completely disregard her "confession" and suspend tyreek for the whole season. that being said, i think he will def get some sort of suspension for what he said on the recording that was released.

still too many moving parts in this whole situation.

but my point stands -- who can you speak in such "absolutes"?
I'm certainly not speaking in absolutes, but the time frame matters. The NFL can disregard those texts as a ploy to try and get Hill out of blame, as he is their main source of future income if he plays football. It seems pretty obvious that is what that was, nobody is naive enough to believe that. The audio is much more telling. The NFL certainly has the ground to give a lengthy suspension, and can use Hill's past assault as part of the deciding factor in the amount of discipline they give him. I personally agree that it is likely Hill is suspended for the entire season, and I think perhaps even indefinitely. If they give him a slap on the wrist, and Hill does something again, the fallout would be huge for the league. I think based on the Chiefs actions, Hill will be released at some point. None of this is absolute, however.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Irbir
Starter
Starter

Postby Irbir » Wed May 22, 2019 7:37 am

It’s my absolute opinion that’s how. Opinions like “well he might get suspended or he might get off” don’t really add much to the discussion in my opinion. 😁

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyBjj » Wed May 22, 2019 10:13 am

Rapport- NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell says on #Chiefs WR Tyreek Hill that there is a court proceeding and “We will not interfere with that. The priority here is the young child.”

Zeke- oh so now we waiting to hear what authorities say???
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Fri May 24, 2019 6:13 am

The Tyreek situation is certainly interesting to watch and hopefully, the league and the Chiefs do the right thing. However, one thing I have seen keep coming up in this thread is "the PR hit will be too great..." What PR hit? Has there been any blowback from the Browns signing Hunt? AP continues to play in the league, and other dv offenders keep getting work. I don't think there is really a PR concern.

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Fri May 24, 2019 7:40 am

thebeast wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 6:13 am The Tyreek situation is certainly interesting to watch and hopefully, the league and the Chiefs do the right thing. However, one thing I have seen keep coming up in this thread is "the PR hit will be too great..." What PR hit? Has there been any blowback from the Browns signing Hunt? AP continues to play in the league, and other dv offenders keep getting work. I don't think there is really a PR concern.
Sadly agree with this. Unless there's footage, I doubt employing Hill will hurt the Chiefs' bottom line. His cap hit is only 2M, and WRs are much harder to replace than RBs. I doubt they give him the extension his production would suggest, or even resign him at all, but I'd be surprised if they cut him while they still have Mahomes on a rookie deal. Obviously, if KCPD presses charges or something else leaks, all of this could change.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri May 24, 2019 7:55 am

OhCruelestRanter wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 7:40 am
thebeast wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 6:13 am The Tyreek situation is certainly interesting to watch and hopefully, the league and the Chiefs do the right thing. However, one thing I have seen keep coming up in this thread is "the PR hit will be too great..." What PR hit? Has there been any blowback from the Browns signing Hunt? AP continues to play in the league, and other dv offenders keep getting work. I don't think there is really a PR concern.
Sadly agree with this. Unless there's footage, I doubt employing Hill will hurt the Chiefs' bottom line. His cap hit is only 2M, and WRs are much harder to replace than RBs. I doubt they give him the extension his production would suggest, or even resign him at all, but I'd be surprised if they cut him while they still have Mahomes on a rookie deal. Obviously, if KCPD presses charges or something else leaks, all of this could change.
Assuming he sticks around in KC and isn't jailed for life... Then say he puts up WR2 numbers (after temporary suspension or whatever) and has a decent year. Wouldn't his extension come at a much cheaper price just because of the off the field issues? Or maybe everyone will forget after he wins them a few games late in the year lol. That might be win win for KC if he can steer clear after this incident (highly doubtful)

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Fri May 24, 2019 8:03 am

Jigga94 wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 7:55 am That might be win win for KC if he can steer clear after this incident (highly doubtful)
he's having issues with one kid, isn't he getting two more soon?
what could possibly go wrong...

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri May 24, 2019 9:31 am

Jigga94 wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 7:55 am
OhCruelestRanter wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 7:40 am
Assuming he sticks around in KC and isn't jailed for life... Then say he puts up WR2 numbers (after temporary suspension or whatever) and has a decent year. Wouldn't his extension come at a much cheaper price just because of the off the field issues? Or maybe everyone will forget after he wins them a few games late in the year lol. That might be win win for KC if he can steer clear after this incident (highly doubtful)
I think the assumption should be that he is released. The Chiefs moving up to draft Hardman was a big indicator IMO. I also don't think the assumption should be a temporary suspension. I think because the NFL is allowed to use his past transgressions as part of the suspensions severity, expectations should be that Hill does not play this year. His contract is over after this year, and I find it hard to believe the Chiefs extend him after this, based on the Hunt release, which was done because he lied to them, which it appears Hill also did.

khaos337
Role Player
Role Player

Postby khaos337 » Fri May 24, 2019 2:36 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 9:31 am based on the Hunt release, which was done because he lied to them, which it appears Hill also did.
What did Hill lie about?
T1

10 Team, .5 PPR, 2QB

'19 Champs

QB: Jackson, Kyler, Ben, Winston, McCoy
RB: Fournette, Gurley, Conner, Davis, Michel, Roundtree, Ty'Son, Tony Jones, Freeman. Wilson, Bolden, Sanders, Sermon
WR: Hill, Ridley, M. Williams, Gallup, Parker, Mims, Cephus, B. Edwards, Q. Watkins, Sharpe, C. Wilson, P. Williams
TE: Andrews, Njoku, Everette
K: Bass
Def/ST: NE ARI

T2

10 Team, .5 PPR, Devy, IDP, SF

QB: Mahomes, Wilson, Allen, Bridgewater, Rudolph, Rosen, Haskins, Mariota
RB: Jacobs, Sanders, J. Taylor, Singletary, Guice, Hines, Samuels, Gaskin, Perine, Scott
WR: M. Thomas, AJ Brown, Dionte, C. Samuel, Sutton, D. Samuel, Boykin, Campbell, P. Williams
TE: Hockenson, Herndon, Goedert, Hurst, Fant, Dissly, Thomas
K: Bailey
DL: Hunter, Garrett, Young, A Smith, Golden
LB: Bush, D. Jones, R. Smith, Alexander, Bush, Landry
DB: Peppers, Savage, Thornhill, Simmons, Fuller
TAXI: Stidham, Grier, Hurd, Irv Smith, Sternberger, Isabella, Cephus, J. Chase, Hubbard, Bateman

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Fri May 24, 2019 2:40 pm

and isn't jailed for life.
worst case scenario is he broke his kid's arm. there's no proof except a recording his wife made trying to stitch him up.

he's not going to jail.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri May 24, 2019 3:02 pm

khaos337 wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 2:36 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 9:31 am based on the Hunt release, which was done because he lied to them, which it appears Hill also did.
What did Hill lie about?
They drafted him based on him promising he was a changed man, and this type of thing would not happen again. The Chiefs had to do a lot of damage control for picking Hill. They gave him a 2nd chance, and by all accounts, it looks like he did not change. I really can't see the Chiefs keeping him, as the backlash would be even greater than the original draft pick itself.
Last edited by FantasyFreak on Fri May 24, 2019 3:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri May 24, 2019 3:04 pm

Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 2:40 pm
and isn't jailed for life.
worst case scenario is he broke his kid's arm. there's no proof except a recording his wife made trying to stitch him up.

he's not going to jail.
If that is proven, he might. You can't count that possibility out.
Attachments
e241f26652b54466a0c54e59ee41c567.jpeg
e241f26652b54466a0c54e59ee41c567.jpeg (53.34 KiB) Viewed 441 times

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri May 24, 2019 5:18 pm

FF, I know what side you're on and I get it... But why haven't they already released him if it's a foregone conclusion for you? They seem to be weathering the storm and are more likely to hold on at this point, no?