Zeke is a ticking time bomb

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
FantasyDumDum
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Zeke is a ticking time bomb

Postby FantasyDumDum » Mon May 20, 2019 11:58 am

I was disinclined to agree with you, but just watched the video. He doesn’t do any thing egregious or warranting major punishment but even so 1) he could be suspended for this because it isn’t a first time and it is bad PR for the league and 2) he is a ticking time bomb of bad actions and bad decisions.

He was basically blacked out drunk or on other drugs, stumbling around having a mild verbal argument with his girlfriend over a prolonged time all over the place in public. She had no pants on. He was acting sort of belligerent but not violent or anything. Then he gets in the face of a security guard and bodies him backwards over a fence. And then is handcuffed, and then presumably let go.

Again, nothing too major, but just his actions are embarrassing for the league and his team and himself, and this isn’t his first incident, and probably won’t be his last. He seems like a piece of bleep - not on Tyreeks level - but just your garden variety POS you see around town and avoid and eventually he ends up in jail and jobless due to DUIs or a domestic incident. That kind.

Good luck to his owners. He’s not the type of RB1 I’d want to be rolling with for he long term like Saquon or CMC, who are Boy Scouts off the field
10 team, .5ppr, 1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/1Flex

QB: Brees, Cousins
RB: CMC, D Williams, Drake, Guice, Penny, RoJo, Breida, I Smith, Edmonds
WR: AB, ARob, Ridley, Jeffery, Shepard, Pettis, Miller, Washington, MVS, Callaway
TE: Kelce, Herndon, Andrews

Taxi Squad:

Picks:
2019 1.10, 2.10, 3.10, 4.10
2020 1, 2, 3, 4

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Mon May 20, 2019 12:01 pm

This seems like a bit of an overreaction to me.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon May 20, 2019 12:02 pm

FantasyDumDum wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 11:58 am I was disinclined to agree with you, but just watched the video. He doesn’t do any thing egregious or warranting major punishment but even so 1) he could be suspended for this because it isn’t a first time and it is bad PR for the league and 2) he is a ticking time bomb of bad actions and bad decisions.

He was basically blacked out drunk or on other drugs, stumbling around having a mild verbal argument with his girlfriend over a prolonged time all over the place in public. She had no pants on. He was stumbling around like an idiot acting sort of belligerent but not violent or anything. Then he gets in the face of a security guard and body’s him backwards over a fence.

Again, nothing major, but just his actions were embarrassing for the league and his team and himself, and this isn’t his first incident, and probably won’t be his last. He seems like a piece of bleep - not in Tyreeks level - but just your garden variety POS you see around town and avoid and eventually he ends up in jail and jobless due to DUIs or a domestic incident.

Good luck to his owners. He’s not the type of RB1 I’d want to be rolling with for he long term like Saquon or CMC
Exactly. I think due to his past, and the fact the video is incomplete, he will be investigated. I don't think anything in the video was over the top. I actually kind of think that the security guard took a bit of a dive, perhaps hoping for a lawsuit? Regardless, he continues to make poor decisions, and the league will almost certainly dig into this, although I doubt he will miss time for it, however I think things like this definitely hurt his chances at a long term deal.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Flgatorguy87
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Flgatorguy87 » Mon May 20, 2019 12:04 pm

It's becoming a pattern of being a dumbass and making bad decisions. That's the bigger concern for long term investment.
SF PPR 30 man roster 5 taxi 2 IR
QB, 3WR, 2RB, 2TE, 2FLEX , Superflex

A. Rodgers, J. Goff, D. Lock, Ta. Hill

O. Beckham, Antonio Brown, M. Evans, A. Robinson, S. Diggs, C. Sutton, T. Boyd, Jakobi Meyers, S. Sims Jr., Darius Slayton

S. Barkley, Da. Cook, Cam Akers, JK Dobbins, R. Penny, Ronald Jones, W. Gallman, Duke Johnson, AJ Dillon, Darrynton Evans, DeeJay Dallas, L. Perine

G. Kittle, M. Andrews, H. Hurst

Taxi: R. Armstead, Joe Reed, L. Bowden Jr., I. Coulter, Scotty Miller

2021 - 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 3rd, 5th

Dr.Graffin
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Dr.Graffin » Mon May 20, 2019 12:06 pm

So who is considered his direct backup for carries atm?
12 Team Non-PPR, 6pt TDs-22' R/U, 23' R/U
1QB, 2RBs, 2WRs, 1TE, 2Flex (W/R/T), 1K, 1DST
QB: P. Mahomes, R. Tannehill
RB: D. Achane, D. Henry, J. Mixon, A. Ekeler, M. Sanders
WR: T. Hill, D. Smith, D. J. Moore, D. Samuel, T. Higgins, D. Hopkins, O. Beckham, J. Metchie
TE: T. Kelce, C. Kmet, H. Henry, M. Gesicki
K: J. Tucker
D/ST: Baltimore, Jacksonville
2024 Picks: 4.9

12 Team .5 PPR, 6pt TDs
1QB, 2RBs, 2WRs, 1TE, 3Flex (W/R/T), 1K, 1DST
QB: J. Herbert, J. Love
RB: S. Barkley, J. Cook, I. Pacheco, Br. Robinson, D. Pierce, D. Singletary
WR: D. J. Moore, T. Higgins, J. Waddle, Z. Flowers, C. Watson, J. Downs, J. Dotson, R. Shaheed
TE: T. McBride, H. Henry, M. Gesicki, C. Okonkwo
K: T. Bass
D/ST: Jacksonville, Indianapolis
2024 Picks: 2.7, 3.2, 4.11

myndflyte
Role Player
Role Player

Postby myndflyte » Mon May 20, 2019 12:08 pm

I think the security guard definitely flopped but he keeps getting himself in these situations where things can go bad and Goodell doesn't need charges to suspend someone, especially if he's already suspended them before. Maybe the Cowboys need to put some handlers on Zeke to help keep him in line.
12 team 0.5 pt PPR; 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2 Flex
QB: Rodgers, Prescott, Lauletta (R)
RB: Gordon, Ajayi, Collins, Yeldon, Ekeler, Martin, Grant, Mizzell, David Williams, Jeffery Wilson, Warren
WR: Cooks, Boyd, Marvin Jones, Lockett, Coleman, Doctson, Goodwin, Cobb, T. Williams, Z. Jones, Roberts, Tate (R), Cain (R), Ellington, Cody Core, Beebe
TE: Kelce, Cook, Conklin, LaCosse
2019 Picks: 2, 2, 3, 3, 4, 5

12 team 1 pt PPR SF IDP; 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1 SFlex, 3 Flex, 1DL, 1LB, 1DB, 1 IDP Flex
QB: Newton, Stafford, Bortles, Kessler
RB: Hunt, Mixon, Lewis, Ekeler, Thompson, Bernard, Davis, Blount
WR: Evans, Lockett, Marvin Jones, Sanders, Lee, Pettis, Crabtree, Cole, Ateman, Lasley
TE: Rudolph, Seals-Jones
DL: Jordon, Ingram
LB: Jarrad Davis, Alonso, Avery Williamson, Warner, Van Noy, Golden, Baker, Shaun Dion Hamilton
DB: Poyer, Kazee, Collins, Jenkins, Cyprien
2019 Picks: 1.05, 2.05, 3.05, 4.05, 5.05, 6.05, 7.05

FantasyDumDum
Role Player
Role Player

Postby FantasyDumDum » Mon May 20, 2019 12:15 pm

Phaded wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 12:01 pm This seems like a bit of an overreaction to me.
A bit maybe. But actions like this depress the value of players IRL and in fantasy every time, because of the number of instances we have seen this same thing play out and end up bad for the player’s career in the long run. Doesn’t happen every time, but if you don’t pay attention to these things this is how you end up holding nothing but your dink in your hand while you lose players like Hunt, Hill, Gordon, etc and in the future maybe players like Zeke, Mixon, and end up needing to spend years rebuilding your squad because of underreacting, not overreacting.
10 team, .5ppr, 1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/1Flex

QB: Brees, Cousins
RB: CMC, D Williams, Drake, Guice, Penny, RoJo, Breida, I Smith, Edmonds
WR: AB, ARob, Ridley, Jeffery, Shepard, Pettis, Miller, Washington, MVS, Callaway
TE: Kelce, Herndon, Andrews

Taxi Squad:

Picks:
2019 1.10, 2.10, 3.10, 4.10
2020 1, 2, 3, 4

wingnutty
Starter
Starter

Postby wingnutty » Mon May 20, 2019 12:18 pm

What an idiot. Glad I only own one share of him. Guys with his attitude don’t generally have long careers even if they have the talent.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon May 20, 2019 12:21 pm

wingnutty wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 12:18 pm What an idiot. Glad I only own one share of him. Guys with his attitude don’t generally have long careers even if they have the talent.
He seems to continually let himself get out of shape in the off-seasons, which certainly isn't good.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Mon May 20, 2019 12:29 pm

If someone wanted an easy payday, he would be a prime target. Ticking time-bombs like him you could accidentally bump into at a crowded club and at a bare minimum, a verbal altercation would ensue. A simple word or two could escalate that to who knows what point. I know most of his incidents are self-induced and avoidable, but there are some crazy extortionists out there and he has lost any bit of credibility he may have had, or benefit of the doubt. Plus, major over reactions in the era of living on your cellphone and social media (for some).
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Mon May 20, 2019 12:50 pm

I've felt this way about Zeke for a while, just another incident to add to the list.

For those saying this is nothing, he shoved a man to the ground. That's battery and if you did that you'd spend the night in jail. Zeke didn't because he's famous. Some type of suspension is almost certainly coming. As a stand alone incident maybe it's 1-2 games but given his history it could be more.
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

UATahoe
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby UATahoe » Mon May 20, 2019 12:53 pm

I would agree. Given his past with the league, just dont see this sitting very well. Just an idiotic thing to do honestly and reiterates what type of headcase he truly is.
12 Team PPR League 1Qb 2Rb 3Wr 1Flex 1Te 1Def 1K

1 QB Mahomes, Dak Prescott
2 RB Mixon, Kamara, Melvin Gordon, Nick Chubb, Royce Freeman, Justice Hill, Boston Scott, Ito Smith
3 WR Godwin, K. Allen, A. Cooper, S. Watkins, DJ Moore, Michael Gallup, Kelvin Harmon, Martavis Bryant, Core Coleman(IR) Preston Williams(IR)
1 TE Mark Andrews, H. Henry, H. Hurst, Ian Thomas, Goedert
D/ST Bears
K Zane Gonzalez

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Mon May 20, 2019 12:58 pm

"shoved a man to the ground.."

For those of you saying that; I encourage you to watch the video. The event staff clearly does his best soccer player impression.

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Mon May 20, 2019 1:09 pm

Phaded wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 12:58 pm "shoved a man to the ground.."

For those of you saying that; I encourage you to watch the video. The event staff clearly does his best soccer player impression.
Looked more like a James Harden, NBA style, flop to me.

UATahoe
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby UATahoe » Mon May 20, 2019 1:13 pm

Meh, whether the dude flopped or not is irrelevant to me honestly. Just shows Zeke is still acting like an idiot and is unpredictable.
12 Team PPR League 1Qb 2Rb 3Wr 1Flex 1Te 1Def 1K

1 QB Mahomes, Dak Prescott
2 RB Mixon, Kamara, Melvin Gordon, Nick Chubb, Royce Freeman, Justice Hill, Boston Scott, Ito Smith
3 WR Godwin, K. Allen, A. Cooper, S. Watkins, DJ Moore, Michael Gallup, Kelvin Harmon, Martavis Bryant, Core Coleman(IR) Preston Williams(IR)
1 TE Mark Andrews, H. Henry, H. Hurst, Ian Thomas, Goedert
D/ST Bears
K Zane Gonzalez