Draft advice

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Kayoooo_
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Draft advice

Postby Kayoooo_ » Sat May 18, 2019 10:26 am

Hello all, first time poster here so bare with me if I am not doing this correctly. Entering our 2nd season this year and after a lackluster 1st season for myself I figured I'd just get the rebuild underway now. I have picks 1.02, 1.07, 1.10 plus two late picks. I am going with Montgomery at 1.02 as the guy picking 1.01 is set on Jacobs. After that pick what direction should I go in? Only sure thing right now is I am hoping to land Fant and ryquell armstead with a late pick for the Fournette insurance. Here is my team
QB: Jared Goff, Josh Allen
RB: Leonard Fournette, Tarik Cohen, Derrius Guice, Marlon Mack, Josh Adams, Nyheim Hines, Kalen Ballage Royce Freeman, Jaylen Samuels, Justin Jackson
WR: Kenny Golladay, Robby Anderson, Michael Gallup, DaeSean Hamilton, Josh Reynolds, Sterling Shepard, Mike Williams
TE: Hunter Henry, Austin Hooper
DST: Jacksonville Jaguars
IDP's: Roquan Smith, Tremaine Edmunds
10 Team, PPR, 30 man roster: 1 QB, 2 RB,3 WR, 1,TE,1 FLEX, 1 DST, 1 K, 2 IDP's
RB: Leonard Fournette, Tarik Cohen, Derrius Guice, Marlon Mack, Josh Adams, Nyheim Hines, Kalen Ballage Royce Freeman, Jaylen Samuels, Justin Jackson
WR: Kenny Golladay, Robby Anderson, Michael Gallup, DaeSean Hamilton, Josh Reynolds, Sterling Shepard, Mike Williams

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Draft advice

Postby sloth8u » Sat May 18, 2019 10:37 am

Take the best player available on your board. I do think you can get fant @ 10 if you wanted but there is likely to be wrs at 7 and 10 that i would take since you have henry and Hooper. There are nice te prospects late in the draft if your looking to add a te.

I really dont think your far off if your patient with all the youth.

Kayoooo_
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Kayoooo_ » Sat May 18, 2019 10:42 am

WR is definitely a position I need some more depth at, I really considered taking Harry at 1.02 but I fell in love with Montgomery and nothing is changing my mind now hah

pack4ever22
All Pro
All Pro

Postby pack4ever22 » Sat May 18, 2019 10:50 am

Simple answer is just grab your guys. Take Montgomery at 2 if he's your guy. Then your favorite WR at 7 and Fant is likely sitting there at 10 for you.

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Sat May 18, 2019 11:04 am

pack4ever22 wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 10:50 am Simple answer is just grab your guys. Take Montgomery at 2 if he's your guy. Then your favorite WR at 7 and Fant is likely sitting there at 10 for you.
Good way to go or BPA. Dynasty is supposed to be fun and sometimes getting your guys is the most fun way to go.

vixen
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby vixen » Sat May 18, 2019 11:06 am

I don't think your team is that bad actually...
get your guy at 1.02 ..
I like your TEs, but wouldn't blame you for drafting Fant at all
I really like Deebo and I may be alone but I believe in Metcalf... and I would draft both over Fant if not TE premium
good luck
team 1 -start QB RB 2WR TE 2RB/WR 1WR/TE
qbs=5pt tds wr/te=1 ppr rbs=.5ppr all get .25ppc
Watson, Brady, Mills
Ekeler, Hunt, Carson/Penny, DForeman, Mitchell, CPat, Kyren, Ford, KHarris
Cooper, sutton, Chase, Shepard, Atwell, Schwartz, Wan'Dale, Austin III
Gesicki, Engram, Hooper, Woods
team 2 -start QB 2RB 3WR TE 2Flex K D
Cousins, Stafford
DH JT, Ekeler, Kylin Hill, Herbert, KHarris, Chandler
Hopkins, Diggs, Adams, Godwin, McLaurin, Callaway, DPJ, Robby Anderson, Schwartz, Pierce, Wan'Dale, Doubs
Kelce, Andrews, Jacob Harris

Kayoooo_
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Kayoooo_ » Sat May 18, 2019 11:31 am

vixen wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 11:06 am I don't think your team is that bad actually...
get your guy at 1.02 ..
I like your TEs, but wouldn't blame you for drafting Fant at all
I really like Deebo and I may be alone but I believe in Metcalf... and I would draft both over Fant if not TE premium
good luck
Talk around my league had DK going as high as 1.03 at one point but that has cooled off a lot, I think at 1.07 I'm taking the best WR on the board then at 10 its going to be the same play. Getting two wideouts in the 2nd half of the draft might be the best bet

John10684
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby John10684 » Sat May 18, 2019 1:47 pm

As others have said take your guy at 1.02. BPA later, considering your TEs you could trade back and get an extra pick of someone really wants Hockenson or Fant. I'd be looking at WRs with your 1.07 and 1,10. I do prefer Sanders at 1.02 thoughI think that backfield is his is 2020--Howard only have one year--I actually prefer Harry and would trade down 1/2 picks if I knew someone wanted Harry at 1,02 and take Sanders or Montgomery while geting extra capital. Eagles seems quite excited about Sanders. But if you love Montgomery grab him and go with the guys you want... fewer regrets that way.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Sat May 18, 2019 1:53 pm

Just take the best/most valuable player on the board with each pick regardless of your needs, need should only factor in as a tie breaker. You want to accrue the most talent and value you possibly can, then you can use that to trade for your needs later.