Undervalued TEs to target?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
JJDubya
MVP
MVP

Re: Undervalued TEs to target?

Postby JJDubya » Fri May 10, 2019 4:15 pm

With a lot of people giving love to the Kingsbury 5 wide offense, I haven’t seen any discussion on Seals-Jones. I don’t have any insight into Kingsbury’s offense and use of the TE in it, but you’d have to think he has easy upside for 6-8+ TDS if he’s regularly on the field. I’m Jon Snow on this one (know nothing), so someone who knows what they’re talking about please opine.

Johnny Canuck
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Johnny Canuck » Fri May 10, 2019 5:21 pm

JJDubya wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 4:15 pm With a lot of people giving love to the Kingsbury 5 wide offense, I haven’t seen any discussion on Seals-Jones. I don’t have any insight into Kingsbury’s offense and use of the TE in it, but you’d have to think he has easy upside for 6-8+ TDS if he’s regularly on the field. I’m Jon Snow on this one (know nothing), so someone who knows what they’re talking about please opine.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fEpnkAEgzA - worth a look if you're interested.

In his first yr at TT Kingsbury got Jace Amaro over 1k in yards, and RSJ played with Kyler at A&M so it's not the worst flier for sure. Don't think he'll amount to much, but if you're in a TE premium league he's worth a stash.

Gtdano_14
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Gtdano_14 » Mon May 13, 2019 12:47 am

Haha, there is some good stuff in this thread. But all I’m taking away from it is: the TEs are anyone’s guess after the top few and almost every one of them is undervalued, depending who you ask.

Go get your guy at TE because he has just as good of a chance as the other guy’s choice.
16 Team PPR 1 QB - 2 RB - 2 WR - 1 TE - 1 Flex
QB- R.Wilson, B. Mayfield
RB- D. Cook, Zeke, J. Jacobs, J. McKinnon, A. Collins, I. Smith, B. Hill, R. Armstead, M. Boone
WR- J. Smith-Schuster, T. Boyd, C. Sutton, M. Brown, H. Ruggs, S. Miller
TE- G. Kittle, Enron, C. Herndon
'21 Picks- 1.12

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Mon May 13, 2019 3:16 am

Gtdano_14 wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 12:47 am Haha, there is some good stuff in this thread. But all I’m taking away from it is: the TEs are anyone’s guess after the top few and almost every one of them is undervalued, depending who you ask.

Go get your guy at TE because he has just as good of a chance as the other guy’s choice.
Sounds right to me.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

Jjipp
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Jjipp » Fri May 17, 2019 7:53 pm

Pac_Eddy wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 3:16 am
Gtdano_14 wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 12:47 am Haha, there is some good stuff in this thread. But all I’m taking away from it is: the TEs are anyone’s guess after the top few and almost every one of them is undervalued, depending who you ask.

Sounds right to me.
Yes! Exactly this, in a pessimistic way. I can tell you, I have ASJ, Vance McDonald, Adam Shaheen, and Gerald Everett on my team (all 4 have been mentioned) and nothing was more frustrating last year than trying to find a TE to start. Not to mention my swing-and-a-miss by trading for Jimmy Graham pre-season.

All in all, it makes me think I just need to pony up and trade for a stud, because all of the TEs aren't worth a damn except for the studs...
Casterly Rock Hard
14 team, 0.5 PPR, 30-man

QB - P. Mahomes, J. Garoppolo
RB - L. Fournette, D. Cook, M. Breida, R. Freeman, Justice Hill, Dex. Williams, R. Burkhead
WR - K. Allen, S. Diggs, C. Davis, C. Kirk, Ty. Williams, Taywan Taylor, J'M Moore, A. Callaway, D. Cain, M. Boykin, B. Berrios, D. Bryant,
TE - E. Engram, V. McDonald, A. Seferian-Jenkins, G. Everett, A. Shaheen

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Fri May 17, 2019 8:51 pm

There’s so many choices and people have mentioned these, but some of my favorites for 2019 are:

A.Seferian Jenkins: I’m not expecting Gronk type numbers, lol, but he’s pretty cheap
and I think he would be a decent bye week fill in or emergency starter.

D.Walker: Should still get most of the targets at TE and can be had cheap. Personally, I picked him up in several leagues(where I had roster space) at the end of last season for free.

J.Witten: Basically in the same position as D.Walker, older but should be a solid backup if nothing else.

Hottoddies
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Hottoddies » Fri May 17, 2019 10:03 pm

What can we expect from Witten this year?
"Smart people learn from everything and everyone, average people from their experiences, stupid people already have all the answers." - Socrates

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Fri May 17, 2019 11:18 pm

This is gonna sound nuts... but nows the last chance to buy OJH before his value puts him in same tier as the big 3.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Sat May 18, 2019 1:56 am

Arians will have to turn over a new leaf with regard to TE pass-game usage for Howard to get up there with Kelce, Kittle, Ertz. etc.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

MontrealBen
Role Player
Role Player

Postby MontrealBen » Sat May 18, 2019 4:33 am

Ice wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 1:16 pm
wickerkat1212 wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 12:32 pm Ben Watson came out of retirement to sign with the Patriots. IDK. I probably wouldn't touch him.
For a one year rental I sure would
Contract details just came out. $3M for the year, more than they're paying any other TE. He'll be their top TE, and kills ASJs value IMO. I grabbed him with my 4th round pick in a 12-teamer TE-premium league, and I think he'll be just fine as a stop gap starter for a year.

Unless the Pats decide to go out and trade for Rudolph, of course. ;)

blemly
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby blemly » Sat May 18, 2019 6:29 am

ninotoreS wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 1:56 am Arians will have to turn over a new leaf with regard to TE pass-game usage for Howard to get up there with Kelce, Kittle, Ertz. etc.
See, I just don’t buy this whatsoever. If you take a look back at the TEs Arians has had over the years I think it becomes pretty clear why he didn’t rely on them too much.

Tampa Bay night not be great this year, but after Evans and Godwin there will be a lot of targets available and, if OJH can stay healthy, I think he sees a lot of them. He’s as good a bet as any to break out into the T3 conversation, but even if he stays behind them there is still a lot of value in a T5 TE.
Team 1: 12-team SF 0.5 PPR:
QB: Dak, Russ, Stafford, Geno, Dalton
RB: Harris, Gibson, Chubb, Cohen
WR: DK, Ridley, Kirk, Chark, Woods, C Samuel, Shepard, Reagor
TE: Fant, Knox
Team 2: 14-team PPR SF TEP:
QB: Wilson, Burrow, Geno, Foles
RB: Mixon, Gibson, Hines, Cohen, Pollard
WR: DJM, Cooper, Sutton, Deebo, R. Moore, ARSB, Eskridge, Renfrow
TE: Gesicki, Njoku, Arnold
Team 3: 12-team PPR SF:
QB: Watson, Lawrence, Winston, Cam
RB: Harris, Ekeler, Dobbins
WR: Hill, AJB, Woods, Chark, Lockett
TE: Gesicki, OJH, Firkser
Team 4: 12-team SF TEP Devy
QB: Wilson, Geno, Ryan, Cousins
RB: Zeke, Chubb, Sanders, Pollard, Hines, Cohen, Henderson
WR: Cooper, Godwin, Sutton, JuJu, Samuel, Fuller, Shepard, Campbell
TE: Fant, Gesicki, Ertz, Freiermuth
Devy: Boutte, Young, Slovis, Harris
Team 5: 12-team PPR SF:
QB: Dak, Lance, Jones, Cam
RB: Swift, Sanders, Dobbins, Pollard
WR: Sutton, DJM, Golladay, Chase, Pittman, Kirk, Campbell, Mims, Wallace
TE: Herndon, Gesicki, Freiermuth

failblazer
All Pro
All Pro

Postby failblazer » Sat May 18, 2019 6:52 am

Hottoddies wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 10:03 pm What can we expect from Witten this year?
Retirement
16 Team PPR (11th Year Dynasty - Former 2 Time Champion)
P. Mahomes, Z. Wilson
C. McCaffrey, N. Harris, C. Hubbard
D. Hopkins, A. Cooper, C. Kupp, D. Johnson, G. Davis, D. Mims, J. Palmer
D. Waller, C. Kmet, B. Jordan

C. Young, R. Quinn
D. Leonard, M. Milano, C. Mosely, B. Okereke, J. Davis
J. Simmons, J. Fuller

Picks - 1.01, 2.12, 3.01, 3.15, 4.14

16 Team PPR (10th Year Dynasty - Reigning 5 Time Champion)
A. Rodgers, J. Fields
C. McCaffrey, D. Henry, J. Dobbins, M. Davis
D. Hopkins, D. Adams, C. Kupp, M. Jones, M. Valdes-Scantling, A. Green, T. Johnson, Dy. Brown, G. Pickens, J. Tolbert,
N. Fant, A. Okwugbunam, J. Harris
J. Elliott

D. Lawrence, R. Quinn, T. Hendrickson
R. Smith, B. Okereke, L. Wilson, J. Davis, D. Tranquil, B. Asamoah
J. Simmons, W. Harris

MontrealBen
Role Player
Role Player

Postby MontrealBen » Sat May 18, 2019 7:41 am

failblazer wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 6:52 am
Hottoddies wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 10:03 pm What can we expect from Witten this year?
Retirement
Witten was borderline unusable in his last year. Not expecting much more this year.

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Sat May 18, 2019 8:29 am

I think somewhere around 600ish yards, 4-5 TDS. Definitely not great, but I would roster him as a cheap backup for my bye weeks or emergency starter. I view Witten and D.Walker pretty similarly and expect both to have similar numbers, both can be had for pretty much nothing.

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Sat May 18, 2019 9:06 am

ninotoreS wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 1:56 am Arians will have to turn over a new leaf with regard to TE pass-game usage for Howard to get up there with Kelce, Kittle, Ertz. etc.
Yes I get that. But from what Ive read so far in OTAs the offense has been attacking the middle of the field which is where Howard operates primarily. Everyone in TB expects a huge year from Howard, if hes healthy of course.