DaeSean Hamilton's value

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
jdub74
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

DaeSean Hamilton's value

Postby jdub74 » Thu May 16, 2019 5:30 am

What would you give up for DaeSean Hamilton in terms of 2020 rookie draft picks? Is he worth a 2nd?
12-Team 0.5 PPR (TE Full PPR) | QB, 2RB, 2WR, 2TE, 3 FLEX, Super Flex
QB: Deshaun Watson, Kyler Murray, Dwayne Haskins, Jake Fromm
RB: Nick Chubb, Austin Ekeler, David Johnson, Chase Edmonds, Benny Snell, D Ogunbowale, Jamycal Hasty
WR: DeAndre Hopkins, Chris Godwin, OBJ, Josh Reynolds, Andy Isabella, Dante Pettis, Justin Watson, Bisi Johnson, Collin Johnson, K.J. Hill, James Proche, Isaiah Coulter
TE: Tyler Higbee, Kyle Rudolph, Dan Arnold, Jordan Akins, Jordan Thomas, Hunter Bryant
2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

Paul717
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: DaeSean Hamilton's value

Postby Paul717 » Thu May 16, 2019 6:09 am

Is it for team in signature? If so...you seem to have a plethora of capable receivers and already lack a 2020 1st if I'm reading it correctly. I'd consider standing pat. But to answer the question, it's a reasonable starting offer in that it should lead to productive discussion, but might not be enough to sway the owner to sell.
"Marathon Square" - 16 team full PPR league with 24 player roster. Keep 16 per year indefinitely, draft 8. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 Team DST
QB: Jordan Love, Deshaun Watson
RB: Travis Etienne, Aaron Jones, Jamaal Williams, Kendre Miller, Jaleel McLaughlin, Sean Tucker, Deuce Vaughn
WR: A.J. Brown, Garrett Wilson, Tee Higgins, Calvin Ridley, Michael Wilson, Kendrick Bourne, Tutu Atwell, Allen Lazard, Isaiah Hodgins, Justin Shorter
TE: T.J. Hockenson, Cole Kmet, Kylen Granson
K: Didn't make the playoffs in 2023 :cry: , and don't usually hold one in the offseason
Team DST: Cowboys, Lions

Picks:
2024: All my picks except 3rd rounder

Disclaimer: My one and only Championship in this league was way back in 2011. Therefore, take my replies with the appropriate grain of salt. :lol:

The Red Rooster
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby The Red Rooster » Thu May 16, 2019 7:08 am

There is a chance Hamiltons value will be lower during the season than what it is now. With E Sanders getting healthy again, Hamilton may have to wait another year to get back to being a full time starter. I like the idea of stashing him but I wouldnt want to deal a future 2nd at this point. Tho, I also wouldnt sell for less than that at the moment.

thomasscheeks
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby thomasscheeks » Thu May 16, 2019 7:42 am

The Red Rooster wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 7:08 am There is a chance Hamiltons value will be lower during the season than what it is now. With E Sanders getting healthy again, Hamilton may have to wait another year to get back to being a full time starter. I like the idea of stashing him but I wouldnt want to deal a future 2nd at this point. Tho, I also wouldnt sell for less than that at the moment.
The 32 year old that tore his Achilles tendon and could very easily never be fantasy relevant again? lol

As for the trade, I don't think I would give up a 2020 2nd for him. He's a pretty good route runner but he didn't exactly cement himself as a starter last year. The Broncos could easily grab another rookie receiver in the 2020 draft and crush his value. He was only a 4th round pick, they don't have a ton of capital invested in him. An early second is probably his max value right now. I would rather keep the pick and hope to get a nice player in next year's loaded class.
10 Man IDP, .75 ppr, Big Play Bonus, TE Prem, 2 QB, 1-3 RB, 2-4 WR, 2 TE, 2 DT, 2 DE, 3 LB, 4 DB, 34 Keepers (17 off - 17 IDP)
QB: Watson, Lawrence, Tannehill, Fitzmagic
RB: Jacobs, Javonte, Drake, Mack
WR: Thomas, DJ Moore, Mike Williams, Golladay, Mooney, Kirk, Shepard, Parker
TE: Kittle, Ito Smith, Ebron, Bryant, Seals-Jones
DT: Simmons, Cox, Oliver, Vea
DL: Bosa, Hunter, Heyward, Greenard, Odeyingbo
LB: Watt, White, Cunningham, Kirksey
DB: Collins, Duggar, J Reid, Clark, Edmunds

12 Man, 1 ppr, 1 QB, 1-3 RB, 1-3 WR, 1 TE
QB: Tua, Jameis, Cam, Taysom
RB: Taylor, Javonte, CEH
WR: Jefferson, Nuk, Diontae, Juju, Shepard, Mooney, Robby Anderson
TE: Henry, Gesicki, Brevin, Cook

QB: Russ, Matty Ice, Tannehill
RB: CMC, Dobbins, Sanders. Scott, Mack
WR: Nuk, Keenan, Mooney, Patrick, Collins, Dyami
TE: Andrews, Schultz, Brevin, Akins

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Thu May 16, 2019 8:10 am

Maybe a late 2nd.

The Red Rooster
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby The Red Rooster » Thu May 16, 2019 8:12 am

thomasscheeks wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 7:42 am
The Red Rooster wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 7:08 am There is a chance Hamiltons value will be lower during the season than what it is now. With E Sanders getting healthy again, Hamilton may have to wait another year to get back to being a full time starter. I like the idea of stashing him but I wouldnt want to deal a future 2nd at this point. Tho, I also wouldnt sell for less than that at the moment.
The 32 year old that tore his Achilles tendon and could very easily never be fantasy relevant again? lol

As for the trade, I don't think I would give up a 2020 2nd for him. He's a pretty good route runner but he didn't exactly cement himself as a starter last year. The Broncos could easily grab another rookie receiver in the 2020 draft and crush his value. He was only a 4th round pick, they don't have a ton of capital invested in him. An early second is probably his max value right now. I would rather keep the pick and hope to get a nice player in next year's loaded class.
They didnt cut him and paid him $1.5 mil to stick around in the off season. My speculation of Sanders taking snaps/looks away from Hamilton is just as realistic as yours that they will invest in a WR in the early rounds next year. Its speculation...but, Sanders is going to have to lose the starting job...not take it back. As a result, I suspect Hamiltons value is likely to dip over the first several weeks of the season. Who knows tho.

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Thu May 16, 2019 9:27 am

I wouldn't pay more than a 3rd, maaaybe a late 2nd
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Thu May 16, 2019 9:28 am

I could see someone paying a 2nd for him, but then again our league is Denver based

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Thu May 16, 2019 9:33 am

a 4th. hes as solid a dart throw as the dart throw rookies from this year
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

Johnny Canuck
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Johnny Canuck » Thu May 16, 2019 10:31 am

I firmly think Sanders is done. Go read some Journal articles about return to play after an achilles tear if you want to educate yourself. Maybe Sanders is the exception to the rule, but probability isn't on his side.

IF Sanders is done, getting Hamilton for a mid 2nd would be a steal.

In that theoretical scenario, he'll be like the 2017 version of Jarvis Landry. Just depends on what you think his role will be for 2019, and if you think Sanders will be back. Those two things should shape your valuation the most.

crip7300
Starter
Starter

Postby crip7300 » Thu May 16, 2019 10:44 am

I would try to get him for a late 2nd/early 3rd and would sell for an early 2nd.
Team 1
12 team Non PPR
1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 3Flex
QB Goff Geno Pickett
RB Bijan CMC Chubb JWill Kendre
WR Pittman Diontae Mooney Juju Hyatt Nico
TE Waller Schultz

Team 2
12 team SF PPR RB 0.5, WR 1, TE 1.5
1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 3Flex
QB Herbert Hurts Darnold Mac Love
RB Saquon Chubb Mixon Dillon
WR Kupp Amari Ridley Juju Cooks Diontae
TE Kittle Hock

Team 3
12 Team Non PPR
QB 2RB 2WR TE 3Flex 1SF
QB Herbert Love Ridder Lance
RB CBrown Chandler
WR Olave CWatson EMoore Nico
TE Pitts

Team 4
12 Team PPR
QB 2RB 2WR TE 3Flex
QB Herbert
RB JT CMC Breece Mixon Henry
WR AJB Metcalf Kupp Diontae Juju EMoore
TE Kittle Pat

Team 5
Bestball 12 Team
SF PPR RB 0.5, WR 1, TE 1.5
1QB 2RB 2WR TE 4Flex 1SF
QB Allen Pickett Carr Baker
RB CMC Saquon Swift

WR AJB Deebo Ridley Sutton
TE Kittle Fant

Team 6
Bestball 12 Team
PPR RB 0.5, WR 1, TE 1.5
QB RB WR TE 7Flex 1SF
QB Watson Herbert TLaw
RB Saquan JT Mixon ETN
WR Chase DK DJM Juju
TE Pitts Kittle

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Thu May 16, 2019 11:37 am

I gave a 6th for him in a 53 man league full IDP with balanced scoring. Commish wasn't too happy but it was fair.

chalorpas
Role Player
Role Player

Postby chalorpas » Thu May 16, 2019 11:40 am

Johnny Canuck wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 10:31 am I firmly think Sanders is done. Go read some Journal articles about return to play after an achilles tear if you want to educate yourself. Maybe Sanders is the exception to the rule, but probability isn't on his side.

In that theoretical scenario, he'll be like the 2017 version of Jarvis Landry. Just depends on what you think his role will be for 2019, and if you think Sanders will be back. Those two things should shape your valuation the most.
I was listening to a podcast where they called daesean Hamilton and asked about Sanders and he said Sanders is running full speed and he expects sanders to be playing week 1. I still doubt that but just throwing it out there. I’d say daesean is worth a late 2nd/early 1st.

squidvicious
Rookie
Rookie

Postby squidvicious » Thu May 16, 2019 11:58 am

Have Sanders in the league in the sig. Not optimistic about him returning. Picked up Hamilton late last year. He was important in our ultimate win. Had 6-40 and a TD on Monday night in Week 16. We were clinging to a small league and the opponent had Lindsay (who got hurt in the game).

Very positive sentiments about him. Traded him with MVS, and Josh Adams, for Alshon Jeffery anyway. Only 8.1 ypc on 30 rec last year.

Hamilton would appear to be the heir to the slot position in Denver. Offense should be good in a year, or two. The value with him is over the long haul. He has some chance to grow into a WR3 for fantasy. I would pay a late 2nd for him. If your pick looks like an early, or mid, 2nd. Get the other guy to throw in a 4th, or 5th.
Knuckles Kraken — FFPC #48. Est. 2018, Retired 2020
2018: 8-5. Champions
2019: 10-3. Best record. Champions
2020: 10-3. Best record. Most points. Champions

Kladno Mullet Overs — DFWC 63. Est. 2019
2019: 9-4. Best record. Most Points. Champions. 24th overall DFWC
2020: 11-2. Best record. Most Points. Champions. 35th overall DFWC

Verdun Shamcats — RV TF SF BB Dyno #71. Est. 2021

thomasscheeks
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby thomasscheeks » Thu May 16, 2019 12:00 pm

chalorpas wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 11:40 am
Johnny Canuck wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 10:31 am I firmly think Sanders is done. Go read some Journal articles about return to play after an achilles tear if you want to educate yourself. Maybe Sanders is the exception to the rule, but probability isn't on his side.

I was listening to a podcast where they called daesean Hamilton and asked about Sanders and he said Sanders is running full speed and he expects sanders to be playing week 1. I still doubt that but just throwing it out there. I’d say daesean is worth a late 2nd/early 1st.
Running full speed and having the same burst as before are two completely different things. I'm sure Arian Foster can still run full speed but he was not at all the same after rupturing his Achilles. I fully expect Sanders to lose a step or two. Maybe he'll still be ok and play another few seasons, but I would bet money he isn't what he was before.
10 Man IDP, .75 ppr, Big Play Bonus, TE Prem, 2 QB, 1-3 RB, 2-4 WR, 2 TE, 2 DT, 2 DE, 3 LB, 4 DB, 34 Keepers (17 off - 17 IDP)
QB: Watson, Lawrence, Tannehill, Fitzmagic
RB: Jacobs, Javonte, Drake, Mack
WR: Thomas, DJ Moore, Mike Williams, Golladay, Mooney, Kirk, Shepard, Parker
TE: Kittle, Ito Smith, Ebron, Bryant, Seals-Jones
DT: Simmons, Cox, Oliver, Vea
DL: Bosa, Hunter, Heyward, Greenard, Odeyingbo
LB: Watt, White, Cunningham, Kirksey
DB: Collins, Duggar, J Reid, Clark, Edmunds

QB: Tua, Jameis, Cam, Taysom
RB: Taylor, Javonte, CEH
WR: Jefferson, Nuk, Diontae, Juju, Shepard, Mooney, Robby Anderson