Parris Campbell
5%

Total votes: 216

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Corey Davis vs the 2019 Rookie WRs

Postby Cameron Giles » Thu May 09, 2019 2:27 pm

Chris_R wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 1:17 pm Yea but unfortunately he IS on the Titans who just added another talented WR in the 1st round to eat up targets in a very inconsistent offense with an inconsistent QB. Talent alone CD is as good as anybody, but he is still a member of the Titans and I wouldn't want him on my team at all. I'd just let someone else draft him.

Now would I rather own him over say AJ Brown or Marquis Brown who are both in dreadful spots? Sure. But I won't have any Ravens or Titans WRs on my team, no upside or consistency. If the Titans don't opt in on Davis' 5th year I'd be all over him asap, but not a chance right now.
You'd be letting someone else make a very smart decision.

People really have to stop overvaluing situation and watch football games. Corey Davis is really, really good. Injuries bit him as a rookie, but he had a good sophomore campaign. By some of the logic in this thread, people would rather have Geronimo Allison over him, because Aaron Rodgers is his QB.

mullmania
MVP
MVP

Postby mullmania » Thu May 09, 2019 2:47 pm

Today I traded a Landry copy .5 PPR for Corey Davis. I could have held Landry for 1 more year but placed my chip on CD.

Willing to take the chance CD emerges as the 1 A option on a medicore passing game as opposed to seeing how big of a hit Jarvis might take target share wise with Odell in town.

CD isn't some uber stud but he checks a lot of boxes talent wise and has shown ability to win at the NFL level. The major detracting point about him is usually the QB and situation and those things can change quickly.

CD could get traded. Mariota could finally be healthy. Derrick Henry could tear an ACL. Tenn could actually become a medicore offense in general, ect

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Thu May 09, 2019 2:48 pm

BigBawseRoss wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 12:33 pm i cant belive people are putting DK above CD based on athletic ability alone. he wasnt even a good college wr for crying out loud. i love the potential but no way im giving up on a top 5 NFL drafted wr going into year 3 for a dude who didnt have a breakout college season and is stiff as a board with 3 routes to his name. mariota is gonna either do well this year or hit the road.
DK was not a bad a WR but he was hurt. Of course he is going high due to athletic ability and upside. He is going to continue to climb up draft boards with Baldwin's release today.

CD is very talented but in all honesty he hasn't set the world on fire in his 27 games with only 4 TD's. I own him in several places and he is primed for a 3rd year break out.

His situation hurts him and now will have a solid WR on the other side which could take targets away. Where he was drafted doesn't really matter at this point.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

kadun2
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby kadun2 » Thu May 09, 2019 5:40 pm

Year 3....give me CD

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Thu May 09, 2019 5:45 pm

Kind of like real estate
Location location location
It’s true some Wr’s help their QB and some Qb’s help their Wr’s

It’s also true with some QB’s there is no hope! 😁
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

BeeziBad
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby BeeziBad » Thu May 09, 2019 5:55 pm

Mariota won’t stay healthy. Let’s not forget that tannehill helped Landry’s ff relevance.
The Mega Powers - 12Team - 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/2FLEX/1K - 1PPR
QB - R. Tannehill, T. Bridgewater
RB - J. Taylor, JK Dobbins, C. Akers, Z. Moss, R. Jones, R. Armstead, M. Davis, C. Edmonds
WR - J. Jeudy, H. Ruggs, T. Higgins, L. Shenault, C. Claypool, J. Reagor, C. Davis, J. Washington, B. Aiyuk, Q. Cephus, KJ Hamler, A. Lazard
TE - C. Herndon, D. Sample
Picks - 2021 - 1, 1, 1

Jabroni Beaters - 10Team - 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/2FLEX/1K - NONPPR
QB - P. Mahomes B. Mayfield
RB - S. Barkley, E. Elliott, JK Dobbins, A. Peterson, M. Breida, D. Freeman
WR - T. Hill. AJ Brown, DJ Moore, J. Jefferson, J. Edelman, B. Aiyuk, L. Shenault, JJAW, B. Edwards
TE - Z. Ertz, H. Hurst, J. Smith

SuperSonics - 10Team - 1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/2FLEX/1K - .5 PPR
QB - S. Darnold, R. Tannehill, C. Newton
RB - E. Elliott, N. Chubb, D. Cook, R. Jones, A. Peterson
WR - T. Hill, O. Beckham, D. Metcalf, C. Davis, H. Renfrow, R. Cobb
TE - Z. Ertz, E. Engram, H. Henry, J. Smith, K. Rudolph
Picks - 2020 - 2.7
2021 - 2, 3

Forza_Azzurri
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Forza_Azzurri » Thu May 09, 2019 6:43 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 1:32 pm
Johnny Canuck wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 12:59 pm It's easy to just say CD would be good in this hypothetical situation or that. Lots of guys are that way. Put Corey Coleman with Andrew Luck to start his career and I'm sure things would of gone differently. The problem with CD is, he's on the Titans and that's not going to change. Not only that, now he has legit competition in AJB.

He dominated at a small school, and he has NFL size. Problem is, there are a few other guys that didn't hit expectations that also dominated at small schools. Now, some of the negative situations are out of his control (QB, etc), but he obviously hasn't played up to his potential either. CD was overdrafted in real life and fantasy. He's not an uber/great talent like Dhop/OBJ/Adams (top 10 with Hundley) that can succeed without a QB, and we don't know when/if his situation will ever improve (def won't next yr) - so there's no light at the end of the tunnel yet. If he wasn't a top 5 pick (which was a reach at the time), there is zero chance he holds the same value he does today.

I would prob cut bait on him too, give me any of: N'Keal, Parris, or DK (and if I needed production this yr from a WR rookie - I'd take Hardman over him too).

I'm sure ppl will say this is a hot take, but I remember getting lit up on here for saying Juju was worth more than CD a few yrs back. Yes draft capital is important, but I'd argue that situation trumps draft capital any day, and those four rookie WRs have much better situations for fantasy production.

Corey Davis is not good enough to out perform his situation, so CD truthers better hope the Titans suck and get Tua next yr. Then maybe I'll get on board with the 4th yr breakout, because it ain't happening in yr 3 with Mariota at QB, AJB competing for targets, and Henry running 30+ times a game.
Davis could get traded tomorrow for all we know. Valuing players based on situation is not wise long-term.

Choosing Metcalf and Campbell over him is funny. They're worse football players.
Based on what? He was a MAC player who participated in no pre-draft athletic testing and has put up mediocre at best numbers in his first 2 years. I'm not saying he's a horrible player, but he certainly doesn't warrant being elevated beyond what he has produced in the NFL so far.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu May 09, 2019 6:59 pm

I'm all for Davis. Maybe Harry but definitely not DK

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Thu May 09, 2019 7:03 pm

Johnny Canuck wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 12:59 pm It's easy to just say CD would be good in this hypothetical situation or that. Lots of guys are that way. Put Corey Coleman with Andrew Luck to start his career and I'm sure things would of gone differently. The problem with CD is, he's on the Titans and that's not going to change. Not only that, now he has legit competition in AJB.

He dominated at a small school, and he has NFL size. Problem is, there are a few other guys that didn't hit expectations that also dominated at small schools. Now, some of the negative situations are out of his control (QB, etc), but he obviously hasn't played up to his potential either. CD was overdrafted in real life and fantasy. He's not an uber/great talent like Dhop/OBJ/Adams (top 10 with Hundley) that can succeed without a QB, and we don't know when/if his situation will ever improve (def won't next yr) - so there's no light at the end of the tunnel yet. If he wasn't a top 5 pick (which was a reach at the time), there is zero chance he holds the same value he does today.

I would prob cut bait on him too, give me any of: N'Keal, Parris, or DK (and if I needed production this yr from a WR rookie - I'd take Hardman over him too).

I'm sure ppl will say this is a hot take, but I remember getting lit up on here for saying Juju was worth more than CD a few yrs back. Yes draft capital is important, but I'd argue that situation trumps draft capital any day, and those four rookie WRs have much better situations for fantasy production.

Corey Davis is not good enough to out perform his situation, so CD truthers better hope the Titans suck and get Tua next yr. Then maybe I'll get on board with the 4th yr breakout, because it ain't happening in yr 3 with Mariota at QB, AJB competing for targets, and Henry running 30+ times a game.
It’s funny you bring up Adams given his outlook after year two.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Fri May 10, 2019 4:15 am

Forza_Azzurri wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 6:43 pm Based on what? He was a MAC player who participated in no pre-draft athletic testing and has put up mediocre at best numbers in his first 2 years. I'm not saying he's a horrible player, but he certainly doesn't warrant being elevated beyond what he has produced in the NFL so far.
And last year he was toying with DB's, but suffered for outside reasons. Yet, he still had a very solid statistical season and showed flashes of being able to overcome the situation. Watch his tape vs. New England--He roasted Stephon Gilmore. If he was on any other team with a halfway-decent QB, people would be drooling over his talent and skill. He's a very good player.

Shcritters
MVP
MVP

Postby Shcritters » Fri May 10, 2019 6:30 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 4:15 am
Forza_Azzurri wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 6:43 pm Based on what? He was a MAC player who participated in no pre-draft athletic testing and has put up mediocre at best numbers in his first 2 years. I'm not saying he's a horrible player, but he certainly doesn't warrant being elevated beyond what he has produced in the NFL so far.
And last year he was toying with DB's, but suffered for outside reasons. Yet, he still had a very solid statistical season and showed flashes of being able to overcome the situation. Watch his tape vs. New England--He roasted Stephon Gilmore. If he was on any other team with a halfway-decent QB, people would be drooling over his talent and skill. He's a very good player.
Since when is 65-891-4 ‘mediocre at best’ numbers in year two on a team that struggled all year long at QB? Have we gotten that used to statistical outliers (ie, 2014 class) that we now expect the outlier? I’d take the over on a 70-1000-6 season this year, which is solid WR2’s (on a run-first team nonetheless).
Gopher Two
PPR SF, WR & TE Premium (WR 1.2 PPR , TE 1.5 PPR), 10 total starters, 1 QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Mahomes, Prescott, Mayfield
RB: Hall, Chubb, Connor, Pacheco, Mattison, DCook, Perine
WR: Tyreek, AJ Brown, JJeudy, CSutton, Flowers, MThomas, Slayton, DParker, CDavis, DMims
TE: DSchultz, Musgrave, MGesicki, McBride, Kraft, Dissly
2024: 1.02, 2.02
2022 and 2023 League Champ

SafeLeague #1 (SF, 2.0 PPR TE Prem). 10 total starters 1 QB, 1SF (QB/TE/RB/WR), 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Purdy, Levis, DTR
RB: Pacheco + scrubs
WR: Downs, MMims, EMoore, Jeudy, MWilson + scrubs
TE: Hock, Kincaid, Pitts, Mayer + scrubs
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.10, 1.12, 2.01, 2.02

SafeLeague #2
QB: Purdy, Richardson, Hooker, Willis
RB: Hull, Jackson, Vaughn, Wilson
WR: Mingo, MMims, Toney, Skyy, Iosivas
TE: LaPorta, Kincaid, McBride, Mayer, Musgrave, Schoonmaker (and a bunch more 2nd stringers)
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.06, 1.07, 1.09, 1.10, 1.12, 2.01

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Fri May 10, 2019 7:39 am

What has Davis done in the NFL?

Get drafted early in rnd 1.
Make a couple nice catches vs NE in a playoff game a couple years ago.

Hes injured all the time, hes on a run first bad offense, and I wonder how seriously he takes being in the NFL. Imo hes the most overrated asset in all of dynasty. His asking price hasnt wavered at all. Hes like a little better version of Parker for me. Id take Harry above him and I think AJB is hopefully going to show him what it takes to be a professional.

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Fri May 10, 2019 8:23 am

Johnny Canuck wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 1:38 pm
BigBawseRoss wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 1:10 pm both dudes going into year 3... also juju got 54 more balls thrown his way last year. i think even 54 more balls from mariota (and not big ben) would have boosted CD a ton.
Yah Juju got more balls going his way, but passing volume is part of the situation equation. You can't separate it out. Juju = great situation, CD = garbage situation. Situation is a big part of the equation for fantasy production.

Juju got more balls thrown his way because he's in a better WR situation, but he also got more balls thrown his way because his play on the dictated it, he stole work from AB, not many guys can do that. CDs play to this point hasn't dictated that he be force fed, if it had, he'd more like a Dhop and succeeding regardless of his QB situation.

CD may be more talented than any of the rookies from 2019, but it's clear as day that his situation is far worse and it will for a few seasons.

He'll be a buy for me next offseason, when his QB hopefully changes, and his value compared to the 2020 draft class hype makes him worth a 2020 2nd.
the buy window is now or possibly thru most of this season depending on mariotas struggles. if you plan to wait till everyone knows the situation is gonna change that price wont be what you like. this is sammy all over again but without injuries, the value just doesnt dip haha
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Fri May 10, 2019 8:27 am

Bot101 wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 7:39 am What has Davis done in the NFL?

Hes injured all the time, hes on a run first bad offense, and I wonder how seriously he takes being in the NFL. Imo hes the most overrated asset in all of dynasty. His asking price hasnt wavered at all. Hes like a little better version of Parker for me. Id take Harry above him and I think AJB is hopefully going to show him what it takes to be a professional.
this is so biased its laughable man cmon you are better than this.

"injured all the time" dude missed a few games his rookie season lol.

"i wonder how seriously he takes being in the NFL" i would LOVE some insight here as to how you came about doubting his commitment to the game... this is the one that really got me idk how you have determined CD has no work ethic(or passion or whatever you intended this to mean) and that AJB can teach him a thing or two about being a professional (something hes never been)
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

jenkins.math
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jenkins.math » Fri May 10, 2019 8:35 am

Bot101 wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 7:39 am What has Davis done in the NFL?

Well I guess 1/3 isn't bad. That's a hall of famer in baseball. He missed time his rookie season after having offseason surgery leading up to the draft. He played all 16 games this past season. I certainly wouldn't call him "injured all the time".

He is on a terrible offense that wants to run the ball first. You did get that.

The last one though is one of the most ridiculous claims I've seen on here and that is saying something. What basis do you have for your claim he isn't taking his job in the NFL seriously? Have you seen him on TMZ partying or acting a fool? No. Have their been leaks from TN about him being lazy or not working hard? No. Are you at practice and in the WR room to know this? No. That's you just blasting him because you don't like him as a player.

I have no issue with you being down on the guy, but at least try to criticize him based on reality.