DK Metcalf is your 1.01 now.

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: DK Metcalf is your 1.01 now.

Postby ArrylT » Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:21 pm

Vcize wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:39 pm
HawkeyeState wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:31 pm LOL. looking back at this thread made me chuckle and now its doing it again.
You really going to say Dk is a top 4 WR in rookie drafts? He almost made it to the 3rd friggin round of the nfl draft. How many articles and analysis have we all seen where draft position matters, especially at WR? Your telling me him going at WR9 isn't something to make ya go huh maybe he's not as good of an all around WR and in turn fantasy player as I thought.
It's not like people are comparing him to a bunch of top 10 selections. All of these WRs went in round 2.

FWIW, here's where the best WR of each of the last few drafts came from.

2017: WR5, #62 overall (JJSS)
2016: WR6, #47 overall (MT)
2015: WR20, #146 overall (Diggs)
2014: WR3, #12 overall (OBJ, though Adams is right behind and was WR9)

There has actually been at least one fantasy WR1 to come out of the second round in 5 of the last 6 drafts, something that can't even be said about the 1st round.
You should have kept going. ;)

In 2013 Keenan Allen was the best rookie and he was a Day II selection.
In 2012 TY Hilton was neck & neck with Blackmon and he was Round III.
In 2011 it was Julio & AJ Green from Round 1.
In 2010 It was Mike Williams TB Day II selection (yep over Dez & DT) who was best rookie
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:43 am

One thing this draft shows is NFL teams drafted WR's based on scheme fit and need within their scheme. Putting too much stock in actual pick selection number is most likely an exercise in futility with WR's in this draft especially in dynasty. WR's tend to get a lot better after a few years in the league.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:54 am

ArrylT wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:42 pm
HawkeyeState wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:31 pm LOL. looking back at this thread made me chuckle and now its doing it again.
You really going to say Dk is a top 4 WR in rookie drafts? He almost made it to the 3rd friggin round of the nfl draft. How many articles and analysis have we all seen where draft position matters, especially at WR? Your telling me him going at WR9 isn't something to make ya go huh maybe he's not as good of an all around WR and in turn fantasy player as I thought.
There are owners who have Guice ahead of the 1.01 in this draft and his Draft price in last years draft was similar to Metcalfs (2.59 vs. 2.64). Some owners are not going to worry too much about draft pedigree as long as it is in a reasonable area. Round II is a lot different than Round V for example.
Agree with the underlined.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

jenkins.math
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jenkins.math » Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:58 am

Ice wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:43 am One thing this draft shows is NFL teams drafted WR's based on scheme fit and need within their scheme. Putting too much stock in actual pick selection number is most likely an exercise in futility with WR's in this draft especially in dynasty. WR's tend to get a lot better after a few years in the league.
I would have thought a transcendent talent in the mold of Julio and Calvin Johnson would have fit in any offense. Especially when his floor is that of Mike Evans.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:19 pm

jenkins.math wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:58 am
Ice wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:43 am One thing this draft shows is NFL teams drafted WR's based on scheme fit and need within their scheme. Putting too much stock in actual pick selection number is most likely an exercise in futility with WR's in this draft especially in dynasty. WR's tend to get a lot better after a few years in the league.
I would have thought a transcendent talent in the mold of Julio and Calvin Johnson would have fit in any offense. Especially when his floor is that of Mike Evans.
And I would have thought you know enough about the game to realize DK will be running the same basic routes with Wilson as Evans runs with Winston.

Stop playing the fool, it doesn't really wear on you well.

I have made my projections and have the guts to stand by them; You, well not sure your game but it actually grows tiresome and I am pretty sure I am not the only one that sees it.

jenkins.math
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jenkins.math » Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:18 pm

Ice wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:19 pm
jenkins.math wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:58 am
And I would have thought you know enough about the game to realize DK will be running the same basic routes with Wilson as Evans runs with Winston.

Stop playing the fool, it doesn't really wear on you well.

I have made my projections and have the guts to stand by them; You, well not sure your game but it actually grows tiresome and I am pretty sure I am not the only one that sees it.
If you can't take a little ribbing with the amount you have pumped up Metcalf, that says a lot more about you than me boss. But I can see you're sensitive about it, so I won't say anything else to you about it. :thumbup:

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:28 pm

Ribbing is one thing, the fact on Metcalf is Seattle figured he would be gone and when he was on the board they moved their 3rd and 4th round pick to move up and get him.

They liked the player and he fits their scheme.

No doubt the community will focus on the slide but Seattle did move up to get him.

Within 3 years we will all know just how good of a professional he has become.

I am certainly not changing my perspective on his talent upside and my post that was quoted didn’t have a thing to do with DK but with this WR draft in general.

Now who has that dead horse that needs a further beating?

dipANDglide
All Pro
All Pro

Postby dipANDglide » Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:41 pm

The guy is raw but gets to develop under Russ. Give me all the Metcalf.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Thu May 09, 2019 2:42 pm

Full steam ahead on the Metcalf train now!
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Thu May 09, 2019 3:07 pm

I think the concept of relying too much on Metcalf in year one can be disastrous to be completely honest.

Blueboy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Blueboy » Thu May 09, 2019 3:23 pm

ArrylT wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 2:42 pm Full steam ahead on the Metcalf train now!
Phaded wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 3:07 pm I think the concept of relying too much on Metcalf in year one can be disastrous to be completely honest.
I'm somewhere between you two. Not hoping for real production from DK year one, but hopeful that he'll progress in route running and flash a bit. It worries me that he may be counted on to step in as the team's WR2.

12-team SF, PPR, TE premium, 0.25 PPCarry
1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1SF 4Flex
QB: Mahomes, Fields, Love
RB: Bijan, ETN, Pollard, Achane, Herbert
WR: Kupp, Hill, Metcalf, Ridley, Jeudy, D.J. M, Burks, Hollywood, Wan'Dale
TE: Kyle Pitts, Goedert

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Thu May 09, 2019 3:35 pm

Phaded wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 3:07 pm I think the concept of relying too much on Metcalf in year one can be disastrous to be completely honest.
Agree,

That said, Relying on any WR in year one and all but very few rookies can be disastrous. RB's, DB's, and LB's for the most part are the only rookies that typically make big impacts as rookies in fantasy.

DK's stock did get a boost with Baldwin being released today so his playing time and targets should increase. He has a chance to be effective this season based on the routes he will run and the QB's ability to actually deliver the ball is way above average but DK is only scratching the surface at this point.

I believe he will be a stud in this league once he learns the game but as rookie no one should have false illusions because it takes most WR's a year or two to see how they adapt.

Given the situation though, he could put up surprisingly good numbers as a rookie.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Thu May 09, 2019 3:53 pm

dipANDglide wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:41 pm The guy is raw but gets to develop under Russ. Give me all the Metcalf.
Is Russ running routes for him?

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Thu May 09, 2019 4:41 pm

I am not so sure Metcalf got a boost with Baldwin gone; I was under the assumption that most would have understood Metcalf was drafted as the eventual replacement as the WR1 for the Seahawks. I think hoping for immediate significance from Metcalf was always a bit too optimistic and you can call me crazy - but I think he would have benefited more from not being thrust into an every down starter role.

When he does not perform well now in year one - he will be chastised. Rightfully so or not. It can be damaging and challenging to a young kid's resolve.

Forza_Azzurri
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Forza_Azzurri » Thu May 09, 2019 5:08 pm

Phaded wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 4:41 pm I am not so sure Metcalf got a boost with Baldwin gone; I was under the assumption that most would have understood Metcalf was drafted as the eventual replacement as the WR1 for the Seahawks. I think hoping for immediate significance from Metcalf was always a bit too optimistic and you can call me crazy - but I think he would have benefited more from not being thrust into an every down starter role.

When he does not perform well now in year one - he will be chastised. Rightfully so or not. It can be damaging and challenging to a young kid's resolve.
I disagree with that ... the psyche of a WR is different than a QB. It’s only going to benefit his route running and development by getting more playing time and repetition. It’s more common for WRs that through injury or for other reasons who don’t get playing time fail to develop.