Kamara Offer

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Phillies6f
Rookie
Rookie

Kamara Offer

Postby Phillies6f » Thu May 09, 2019 11:37 am

Team 2 in sig. Just got the following offer for Kamara and Luck from this year's champion so his firsts will certainly be late:
Melvin Gordon
Kwon Alexander
2020 1st
2021 1st

Pretty easy no for me imo, but trying to counter. If I could get 2020 1st, 2021 1st, Keenan Allen, and Mike Evans for just Kamara what would ya'll think? Should I ask for less or more?
Standard Scoring, 12 Team

QB: Jared Goff Carson Wentz
RB: Saquon Barkley, Dalvin Cook, JK Dobbins, Jaylen Samuels,
WR: OBJ, Mike Evans, Tyler Lockett, Justin Jefferson, Michael Pittman, Tee Higgins, Bryan Edwards, DJ Chark, Chris Godwin, Tre’Quan Smith, KeeSean Johnson, Josh Reynolds, Keke Coutee, K. Harmon
TE: George Kittle, Jonnu Smith, G. Everett, Ian Thomas
K: Justin Tucker
D/ST: Bears, Browns, Chiefs

IDP, 0.5 PPR, 12 Team, Ophran
QB: Carson Wentz, Kirk Cousins
RB: Miles Sanders, Cam Akers, Jonathan Taylor, JK Dobbins, RoJo
WR: Amari Cooper, CeeDee Lamb, Jerry Jeudy, Corey Davis, JJAW, Andy Isabella, Justin Jefferson, Bryan Edwards, Denzel Mims
TE: Jonnu Smiith
DT: Fletcher Cox, Damon Harrison, Ed Oliver
DE: Jerry Hughes
LB: Montez Sweat, Isaiah Simmons, Patrick Queen, Todd Davis, Anthony Barr
DB: Stephon Gilmore, Shawn Williams, Reshad Jones, Jonathan Abram

Paul717
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Kamara Offer

Postby Paul717 » Thu May 09, 2019 11:51 am

Phillies6f wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 11:37 am Team 2 in sig. Just got the following offer for Kamara and Luck from this year's champion so his firsts will certainly be late:
Melvin Gordon
Kwon Alexander
2020 1st
2021 1st

Pretty easy no for me imo, but trying to counter. If I could get 2020 1st, 2021 1st, Keenan Allen, and Mike Evans for just Kamara what would ya'll think? Should I ask for less or more?
I wouldn't take the deal you were offered. I'm not sure if he would take your counter offer. The offers are very different and seem as if you're on different planets, lol. I might take a step back here and discuss your needs with this possible trade partner. That might be more fruitful than a counter offer that is extremely different in terms of make-up.
"Marathon Square" - 16 team full PPR league with 24 player roster. Keep 16 per year indefinitely, draft 8. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 Team DST
QB: Jordan Love, Deshaun Watson
RB: Travis Etienne, Aaron Jones, Jamaal Williams, Kendre Miller, Jaleel McLaughlin, Sean Tucker, Deuce Vaughn
WR: A.J. Brown, Garrett Wilson, Tee Higgins, Calvin Ridley, Michael Wilson, Kendrick Bourne, Tutu Atwell, Allen Lazard, Isaiah Hodgins, Justin Shorter
TE: T.J. Hockenson, Cole Kmet, Kylen Granson
K: Didn't make the playoffs in 2023 :cry: , and don't usually hold one in the offseason
Team DST: Cowboys, Lions

Picks:
2024: All my picks except 3rd rounder

Disclaimer: My one and only Championship in this league was way back in 2011. Therefore, take my replies with the appropriate grain of salt. :lol:

Phillies6f
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Phillies6f » Thu May 09, 2019 11:57 am

Paul717 wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 11:51 am
Phillies6f wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 11:37 am Team 2 in sig. Just got the following offer for Kamara and Luck from this year's champion so his firsts will certainly be late:
Melvin Gordon
Kwon Alexander
2020 1st
2021 1st

I wouldn't take the deal you were offered. I'm not sure if he would take your counter offer. The offers are very different and seem as if you're on different planets, lol. I might take a step back here and discuss your needs with this possible trade partner. That might be more fruitful than a counter offer that is extremely different in terms of make-up.
Yeah, this is his second offer and while it’s not horrible for me the first one was downright insulting (2020 1st, 2021 1st, and Mike Williams for Kamara lol) so kinda annoyed at him already for trying to rip me off. He also isn’t messaging me to negotiate, just sending the offers.

WR: OBJ, Mike Evans, Tyler Lockett, Justin Jefferson, Michael Pittman, Tee Higgins, Bryan Edwards, DJ Chark, Chris Godwin, Tre’Quan Smith, KeeSean Johnson, Josh Reynolds, Keke Coutee, K. Harmon

WR: Amari Cooper, CeeDee Lamb, Jerry Jeudy, Corey Davis, JJAW, Andy Isabella, Justin Jefferson, Bryan Edwards, Denzel Mims

kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby kmbryant09 » Thu May 09, 2019 12:10 pm

I wouldn't feel insulted at an offer of (2) 1sts in a strong class and a promising young player (Mike Williams) for Kamara. Enough to take it? No. Enough to feel insulted? Also no.

I agree with your original assessment, his second counter isn't really any better since you're also including Luck.

Your counter (Evans / Keenan / 2 1sts for just Kamara) is more insulting than either of his offers.

For a rebuilding team, you should definitely be looking to unload Kamara for load of picks / players. But if you're asking for 2 picks and 2 players, those players have to be a lot lower in value than Evans & Keenan.
10-team/.5 PPR/5 Pts per Passing TD. Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLEX (rb/wr/te)
QB: J. Hurts, K. Murray
RB: Bi. Robinson, D. Henry, D. Achane, , J. Cook, Z. Charbonnet, T. Chandler, R. Johnson, K. Mitchell, J.K. Dobbins, T. Allgeier, J. McLaughlin, S. Tucker, T. Bigsby
WR: G. Wilson, B. Aiyuk, J. Waddle, T. Higgins,, Z. Flowers, Di. Johnson, K. Toney, A. Iosivas
TE: K. Pitts, E. Engram, C. Okonkwo, G. Dulcich

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Thu May 09, 2019 12:16 pm

wouldnt accept and wouldnt send that counter its far more absurd than his proposal
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

Phillies6f
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Phillies6f » Thu May 09, 2019 12:37 pm

kmbryant09 wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 12:10 pm I wouldn't feel insulted at an offer of (2) 1sts in a strong class and a promising young player (Mike Williams) for Kamara. Enough to take it? No. Enough to feel insulted? Also no.

I agree with your original assessment, his second counter isn't really any better since you're also including Luck.

Your counter (Evans / Keenan / 2 1sts for just Kamara) is more insulting than either of his offers.

For a rebuilding team, you should definitely be looking to unload Kamara for load of picks / players. But if you're asking for 2 picks and 2 players, those players have to be a lot lower in value than Evans & Keenan.
Just to clarify, his first offer was a 2020 1st, 2021 1st and Mike Willams. His firsts are almost certainly going to be within the last 4 picks of the round.

I know my offer was definitely extreme, but by trade calculator’s (and I know these aren’t great) it’s about the same difference from his first one.

2020 1st, 2021 1st, Evans, and Robert Woods for Kamara still certainly favors me but do you think that at least as a shot of keeping negotiations going rather than a total shutdown?

jomaed
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby jomaed » Thu May 09, 2019 12:42 pm

BigBawseRoss wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 12:16 pm wouldnt accept and wouldnt send that counter its far more absurd than his proposal
2x. Evans and Keenen is a MASSIVE overpay for Kamara. Then you asking for 2 more 1sts on top of that.....Cmon.

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Thu May 09, 2019 1:02 pm

Phillies6f wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 12:37 pm 2020 1st, 2021 1st, Evans, and Robert Woods for Kamara still certainly favors me but do you think that at least as a shot of keeping negotiations going rather than a total shutdown?
I think Evans + 2020 1st already > Kamara. Evans + Woods + two 1sts is a huge overpay.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

Phillies6f
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Phillies6f » Thu May 09, 2019 1:10 pm

Hmm ok it sounds like I need to reconsider how I’m valuing these picks and players. I know nothings for sure and all that but his first next year at least is virtually guaranteed to be bottom 2 and he’s the favorite to repeat. Is that factoring in at all for you guys?

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Thu May 09, 2019 1:33 pm

Phillies6f wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 1:10 pm Hmm ok it sounds like I need to reconsider how I’m valuing these picks and players. I know nothings for sure and all that but his first next year at least is virtually guaranteed to be bottom 2 and he’s the favorite to repeat. Is that factoring in at all for you guys?
Imagine you're sitting in a startup draft at 1.12 and you ask the 1.4 owner what it would cost to move up. He says your 1.12 and 3.01 startup picks plus your 2020 and 2021 rookie 1sts. That's what Evans/Keenan/1sts for Kamara is.

Woods makes it a little better but it's still just subbing in a 4th for that early 3rd. It's still way over the top.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Thu May 09, 2019 3:06 pm

I'd pass, but it's not a terrible offer. Your counter idea is pretty far off though.

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Thu May 09, 2019 6:40 pm

I would pass on the deal

Phillies6f
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Phillies6f » Fri May 10, 2019 9:22 am

Alright, appreciate all the help. Sorry if I came off out of touch. He’s currently considering my counter offer of Kamara for Evans+2020 1st. What do y’all think of that? I’m going to do more shopping but that’s probably the best offer I have right now.

I’ve never done a rebuild before, this is an orphan team. So I’m used to being the one trading picks for players and whatnot.