Undervalued TEs to target?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
sugbear65
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Undervalued TEs to target?

Postby sugbear65 » Mon May 06, 2019 6:38 pm

T. Burton, ASJ, J. Smith are a few more unmentioned names.

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Mon May 06, 2019 6:53 pm

Phaded wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 5:37 pm Vance McDonald.

In my leagues - Herndon is certainly not undervalued, I don't give a damn what ADP suggests.
Vance is another decent one.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

JTLoh
Role Player
Role Player

Postby JTLoh » Mon May 06, 2019 7:15 pm

Goddard wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 3:57 pm Hooper was something like TE6 last year and could probably be had for a random 2nd.
#6 would mean more if there weren't only 3 TEs with value in the whole league last year. As it was, Hooper was just a little less crappy than a bunch of other crap.
CONTENTION 2
QB - D.Prescott, J.Hurts
RB - J.Jacobs, C-Patt, JRob, BRob, D.Pierce, TDP, H.Haskins
WR - Ceedee, J.Jefferson, JuJu, A.Pierce, Meyers, NWI
TE - M.Andrews, Brevin, J.Woods, L.Thomas
Defense: Cowboys/Viks

CELEBRITY DEATHMATCH
QB - Mahomes, Cousins, Love, Mond, Rush, M.White, Strong
RB - C-Patt, Singletary, K.Herbert, Foreman, Hubbard, Lindsay
WR - Lockett, Hollywood, OBJ, Golladay, AJG, Hardman, Meyers, Osborn, ISM
TE - Kelsey, Ertz, G.Everett, Bryant
Taxi - BRob, TDP, Ingram, A.Smith, K.Phillips, Metchie, Shakir, Tolbert, Thorton, J.Woods, S.Thompson

ALL THE MARBLES
QB - TB12, J.Hurts, Stafford
RB - Ekeler, Zeke, C-Patt, Mack, Rhamondre, BRob, R.White, Foreman
WR - AJ Brown, London, Watson, A.Pierce, Burks, OBJ, Golladay, Amon-Ra, Marshall
TE - Gronk, T.Higbee, D.Arnold, Ebron
Defense: Bills/Saints

qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj
Captain
Captain

Postby qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj » Mon May 06, 2019 8:30 pm

I like the Darren Waller suggestion as the end of roster stash.

He had a few decent games to end the season, Gruden basically said it's his job to lose now that Cook is gone (take anything Gruden says with a grain of salt obviously, but it's not a bad thing to hear) and while they drafted Moreau in the 4th, I expect him to be more of a blocking te than anything. So not a high priority target obviously, but he may be a solid lottery pick.

djeternal2
Captain
Captain

Postby djeternal2 » Mon May 06, 2019 8:38 pm

qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 8:30 pm I like the Darren Waller suggestion as the end of roster stash.

He had a few decent games to end the season, Gruden basically said it's his job to lose now that Cook is gone (take anything Gruden says with a grain of salt obviously, but it's not a bad thing to hear) and while they drafted Moreau in the 4th, I expect him to be more of a blocking te than anything. So not a high priority target obviously, but he may be a solid lottery pick.
Wait! Waller is still a thing in 2019?? Also a few good games to finish 2018? He played in 4 games to end the season. The gamelogs for those 4 games:

0 targets 0 catches
1 target 1 catch 44 yds
2 targets 2 catches 8 yds
3 targets 3 catches 23 yds

So he finished with 4 games played 6 catches for 75 yds. I guess maybe you can come up with the decent games part if you count that he had a 100% catch rate. I know the TE position is crap after the top 3; but, I think we can safely say Waller is NOT the answer.
10 tm ppr 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 Flex, TE, K, TDEF (Yr 6)
QB - Ryan, Wentz
RB - Gurley, A Jones, Cohen, Kerryon, Dam Williams, Duke, I Smith, Armstead, T Carson
WR - AJG, Watkins, ARob, A. Cooper, K Allen, M Williams, Godwin, Callaway, JJAW
TE - Gesicki, I Smith, Herndon, Eifert, Sternberger, Dissly

10 tm TE prem 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, K, 2 DB, 2 DL, 2 LB (Yr 5)
QB - Mahomes, Mayfield, Wentz,
RB - Zeke, Chubb, Kerryon, Duke, Edmonds, B Hill
WR - Nuk, AJG, ARob, JJS, Samuel, MVS, T Smith, D Hamilton, Gallup, K Johnson
TE - Njoku, Eifert, Herndon, I Smith, I Thomas, Moreau
DL - Watt, K Clark, Q Williams
LB - D Jones, D Bush
DB - K Neal, Bell

DLF Early Birds - 16 tm SF (1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex, 1 SF
QB - A Rodgers, Darnold, Rosen, M Rudolph, Luck
RB - Damian Williams, J Howard, Duke, AP, Gore
WR - Julio, Golladay, Kirk, Stills, Manny Sanders, N Harry
TE - Jarwin, Gesicki, Boyle, Sprinkle

FantasyDumDum
Role Player
Role Player

Postby FantasyDumDum » Mon May 06, 2019 9:32 pm

JTLoh wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 7:15 pm
Goddard wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 3:57 pm Hooper was something like TE6 last year and could probably be had for a random 2nd.
#6 would mean more if there weren't only 3 TEs with value in the whole league last year. As it was, Hooper was just a little less crappy than a bunch of other crap.
Yeah you’re right. With a whole bunch of target volume Hooper produced mediocre results: 88 targets, 71 catches, 660 yds, 4 TDs.

On limited target volume and only starting 2/3 of the season here was Herndon, much more efficient: 56 targets, 39 receptions, 502 yards, 4 TDs.

On that efficiency, given Hooper’s target volume, Herndon would have had 61 catches for 782 yards and 6.3 TDs. That would have put him firmly in 6th in fantasy scoring for TEs last year, 20 points ahead of 7th, not precariously barely in 6th, just points ahead of 7th through 10th, like Hooper was.

And Herndon was a rookie. His stock should be A LOT higher than it is right now. Honestly his stats compare very favorably with Engram and Howard, and he is 1.5 years younger than both of them and has only played one year. He should be in their tier. Only reason he isn’t at this point is uninformed and casual owners who value name first and foremost.
10 team, .5ppr, 1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/1Flex

QB: Brees, Cousins
RB: CMC, D Williams, Drake, Guice, Penny, RoJo, Breida, I Smith, Edmonds
WR: AB, ARob, Ridley, Jeffery, Shepard, Pettis, Miller, Washington, MVS, Callaway
TE: Kelce, Herndon, Andrews

Taxi Squad:

Picks:
2019 1.10, 2.10, 3.10, 4.10
2020 1, 2, 3, 4

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Mon May 06, 2019 10:26 pm

I’m red hot for Kahale Warring.

Straycatz2
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Straycatz2 » Tue May 07, 2019 12:07 am

Side note, who do you think will be better? Irv or Jace?

M-Dub
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby M-Dub » Tue May 07, 2019 12:42 am

I’m planting my flag for Adam Shaheen. He’s gonna outscore Burton this year. Book it.
Both are 12-team 1QB PPR dynasties

🦬PRIME🦬
QB: Hurts, Howell
RB: Mixon, Jones, Sanders, Dobbins, Akers, Roschon, Dowdle, Kelley
WR: Nuk, Godwin, Cooper, Lockett, Flowers, Chark, Collins, Hollins, Tillman, Tolbert
TE: Hockenson, Chig, Trautman
Taxi: Willis, Z. White, M. Mims, T. Palmer

Hull Awaits
$450 cap, 60 contract years

QB: Lawrence $5/3, Richardson $5/5, Minshew $1/0, Jones $1/0, Heinicke $1/0, Tyrod $1/0
RB: Achane $4/4, Warren $2/4, Roschon $7/5, Dillon $4/1, Hubbard $2/1, Kelley $1/0
WR: Nuk $78/1, MT $25/1, M. Williams $1/0, JSN $21/5, Reed $4/5, Rice $4/5, M. Wilson $2/5
TE: Thomas $1/0, Hill $1/0, Parham $1/0

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Tue May 07, 2019 2:14 am

FantasyDumDum wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 9:32 pm
Yeah you’re right. With a whole bunch of target volume Hooper produced mediocre results: 88 targets, 71 catches, 660 yds, 4 TDs.

On limited target volume and only starting 2/3 of the season here was Herndon, much more efficient: 56 targets, 39 receptions, 502 yards, 4 TDs.

On that efficiency, given Hooper’s target volume, Herndon would have had 61 catches for 782 yards and 6.3 TDs. That would have put him firmly in 6th in fantasy scoring for TEs last year, 20 points ahead of 7th, not precariously barely in 6th, just points ahead of 7th through 10th, like Hooper was.

And Herndon was a rookie. His stock should be A LOT higher than it is right now. Honestly his stats compare very favorably with Engram and Howard, and he is 1.5 years younger than both of them and has only played one year. He should be in their tier. Only reason he isn’t at this point is uninformed and casual owners who value name first and foremost.
This seems to be how every Herndon owner values him, hence why he’s not undervalued.

Do you think players maintain their per target efficiency when they are force-fed more targets? Do you think adding Bell and Crowder means Herndon is going to earn more targets?

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Tue May 07, 2019 6:31 am

M-Dub wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 12:42 am I’m planting my flag for Adam Shaheen. He’s gonna outscore Burton this year. Book it.
I was thinking of dropping him. You really feel that strongly? I mean, he's been nothing but hurt.
D3:
QB—Allen RB—Kamara, Jacobs, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Harrison, TILLMAN, Marshall, Jefferson TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington KRAFT PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC RB—BIJAN, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, HULL, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Diggs, Adams, Allen, TILLMAN, Boyd, Woods, HUTCHINSON, DOUGLAS TE—Kelce, Kmet, Schultz, Parham PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, Howell RB—BIJAN, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, HULL, GRAY WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, Myers, Hardman, Reynolds BOUTTE TE—Kmet, Smith, Hurst, Ertz, KRAFT PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: BIJAN, BRob, ZWhite, Hines, TDP, McLaughlin WR: Higgins, JSN, JWilliams, DJM, RMoore, DOWNS, Atwell, TILLMAN, BOUTTE, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, CJONES TE: Trautman, Ferguson, KRAFT, Hooper

IBall2
All Pro
All Pro

Postby IBall2 » Tue May 07, 2019 7:02 am

Irv Smith is going late 2nd/early 3rd in a lot of rookie drafts I've seen. I think thats great value. Lot of talk going around about the Vikings shipping Rudolph before this season to get some cap relief. He could be another one of those rookie TEs with 500+ yards if that happens.

FantasyDumDum
Role Player
Role Player

Postby FantasyDumDum » Tue May 07, 2019 7:25 am

OhCruelestRanter wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 2:14 am

This seems to be how every Herndon owner values him, hence why he’s not undervalued.

Do you think players maintain their per target efficiency when they are force-fed more targets? Do you think adding Bell and Crowder means Herndon is going to earn more targets?
Even if he doesn’t quite maintain his efficiency, and if he just receives 1 more target per game, which is conservative, especially going from rookie to sophomore year, he’d be a mid TE1.

Herndon is sitting at ADP 129 overall and TE13. Engram and Howard are ADP 53 and 57, TE 4 and 5 respectively. Herndon is VERY CLEARLY undervalued, despite your attempt to hand wave that fact away.
10 team, .5ppr, 1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/1Flex

QB: Brees, Cousins
RB: CMC, D Williams, Drake, Guice, Penny, RoJo, Breida, I Smith, Edmonds
WR: AB, ARob, Ridley, Jeffery, Shepard, Pettis, Miller, Washington, MVS, Callaway
TE: Kelce, Herndon, Andrews

Taxi Squad:

Picks:
2019 1.10, 2.10, 3.10, 4.10
2020 1, 2, 3, 4

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Tue May 07, 2019 7:31 am

FantasyDumDum wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 7:25 am
OhCruelestRanter wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 2:14 am

Even if he doesn’t quite maintain his efficiency, and if he just receives 1 more target per game, which is conservative, especially going from rookie to sophomore year, he’d be a mid TE1.

Herndon is sitting at ADP 129 overall and TE13. Engram and Howard are ADP 53 and 57, TE 4 and 5 respectively. Herndon is VERY CLEARLY undervalued, despite your attempt to hand wave that fact away.
Well now that you said it in all caps I’m convinced.

The Grudge
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby The Grudge » Tue May 07, 2019 7:39 am

sugbear65 wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 6:38 pm T. Burton, ASJ, J. Smith are a few more unmentioned names.
Ha, I have all 3 on my team as back ups. However, I am worried a out J. Smith going forward. He didnt seem to show strongly last season after Walker went down. Do you think he amounts to anything going forward?
Team#1-12 team ppr 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/RB-WR-TE Flex/2DE/3LB/3DB/DE-LB-DB Flex 18 Starters
QB: Wilson, Allan, Big Ben
RB: Mixon, J. Taylor, Ekeler, R. Jones, Edmonds, D. Harris, Freeman, Gio, K. Hill, Tony Jones
WR: Cooper, Hopkins, Godwin, Cooks, Jeudy, Higgins, E. Moore, Callaway, Palmer, Slayton,
TE: Kittle, Jonnu Smith, Tonyan, RSJ, Parham, Albert O
K:
DE: Heyward, Hendrickson, Davenport
LB: Jayon Brown, Littleton, Leonard, Warner, Mosley, Wilson, Gay,
DB: Byard, Bell, Jenkins