Willl Paris Campbell ever become a consistent asset in fantasy?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.

Will Paris Campbell ever become a valuable fantasy asset?

Yes....he will break out eventually
43%
No...he will fade into obscurity
57%

Total votes: 51

Ice
Legend
Legend

Re: Parris Campbell - another hidden gem?

Postby Ice » Thu May 02, 2019 2:26 pm

I moved him a few slots behind Deebo on my final board. I do like him enough I traded away Hilton in one of my IDP leagues as I think he cuts into his production.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Flgatorguy87
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Parris Campbell - another hidden gem?

Postby Flgatorguy87 » Thu May 02, 2019 10:39 pm

My least favorite "early" reciever that went to my favorite landing spot. That pretty well sums up this class for me. I think his impact in real football is much bigger than fantasy. He's probably an ideal best ball player.
SF PPR 30 man roster 5 taxi 2 IR
QB, 3WR, 2RB, 2TE, 2FLEX , Superflex

A. Rodgers, J. Goff, D. Lock, Ta. Hill

O. Beckham, Antonio Brown, M. Evans, A. Robinson, S. Diggs, C. Sutton, T. Boyd, Jakobi Meyers, S. Sims Jr., Darius Slayton

S. Barkley, Da. Cook, Cam Akers, JK Dobbins, R. Penny, Ronald Jones, W. Gallman, Duke Johnson, AJ Dillon, Darrynton Evans, DeeJay Dallas, L. Perine

G. Kittle, M. Andrews, H. Hurst

Taxi: R. Armstead, Joe Reed, L. Bowden Jr., I. Coulter, Scotty Miller

2021 - 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 3rd, 5th

Donger
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Are we too low on Parris Campbell?

Postby Donger » Sat May 04, 2019 9:18 am

After digesting things for a week, it seems to me Campbell probably has the best overall situation/landing spot going on for him for the foreseeable future being tied to Andrew Luck, Frank Reich and the turf at Lucas Oil Stadium. TY Hilton is will being turning 30 this year and the rest of the Indy WR corp is filled with a bunch of injury plagued nobodies and a lazy Devin Funchess on a 1 year contract. Campbell could be Luck's #1WR for the next 6-7 years.

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Re: Are we too low on Parris Campbell?

Postby MEuRaH » Sat May 04, 2019 9:28 am

Yes.

He wasn't even on anyones radar as a top 12 prospect prior to the NFL draft. I think that's part of the problem. If he was mocked earlier I think he'd be in consideration as a top 3 dynasty asset.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Sat May 04, 2019 9:34 am

As a Colts fan I am very torn. Pre draft I thought he was kind of a one trick pony that would need the perfect landing spot. Well, he got that landing spot. I have a lot of faith in Reich using his skill set to it's best. With the other "top" prospects landing in less than ideal spots, yes I think we are too low on him.
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

honcho55
All Pro
All Pro

Postby honcho55 » Sat May 04, 2019 9:51 am

Depends who “we” are.

Variance in this draft class is higher than normal imo. But I see Campbell going mid first to mid second. He’s definitely undervalued at a mid 2nd. Mid first? About right for my board. Seen him high as 4. Hard to say as a whole he’s under or overvalued imo.

FWIW walterfootball had him as their number one WR for months in the offseason if I’m not mistaken. Going high to the colts means a ton to me, that was my personal favorite landing spot this year. I believe I said in another post someone if Indy traded up for a wr he would maybe be in my discussion for 1.01 so this isn’t terribly far off.

Anyways as high as I have him, doesn’t look like I’ll nab him anywhere unless he slides to 13 in my last upcoming draft.
main league, half PPR, all TDs 6, -3 for INT
12 team. 2019 champ, 2020 runner up, ‘21 3rd
start 2SF, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2WRT

QB: T Lawrence, K Cousins, R Wilson, Z Wilson
RB: K Walker, T Ettiene, JK Dobbins, D Gore, J Hasty, D Johnson, L Rountree
WR: JJ, AJB, A Cooper, Juju, C Kirk, J Dotson, N Westbrook-Ikhine, I McKenzie
TE. T Kelce, Pitts, Albert O, D Parham, J O’Shaunessy

1.03, 1.11, 2.02, 2.09
Extra 24 1st

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Sat May 04, 2019 9:57 am

Campbell was continually being mocked and ranked as a top 3 WR in most major websites in terms of real life.

I think owners are scared that Campbell is another player in the Tavon Austin & John Ross mold.

I would certainly take a shot on him at the back-end of the 1st, but his skill-set scares me too much for me to take him higher.

Landing in the Colts - sure, on paper it sounds fantastic because they have Andrew Luck. However, remember when everyone was salivating over the likes of Donte Moncrief or perhaps even more comparable to Campbell - Phillip Dorsett?

I will let someone else take the gamble on him.
honcho55 wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 9:51 amFWIW walterfootball had him as their number one WR for months in the offseason if I’m not mistaken.
I follow WF closely and I don't think they ever had him as their #1.
Top 3? Certainly.

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Sat May 04, 2019 11:04 am

He's been my #2 WR since the draft
Dynasty player since 2002.
I probably should have done something more productive with that time...

gabes1919
Rookie
Rookie

Postby gabes1919 » Sat May 04, 2019 11:16 am

Phaded wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 9:57 am Landing in the Colts - sure, on paper it sounds fantastic because they have Andrew Luck. However, remember when everyone was salivating over the likes of Donte Moncrief or perhaps even more comparable to Campbell - Phillip Dorsett?
I agree that I wouldn't, at this point grab him in the early 1st. See how the off season puffs him up (and more importantly, knocks down others) and maybe he will get to the top half of drafts by then. But while the comparisons to Moncrief and especially Dorsett are inevitable, they aren't fair. Neither of them produced in a single season as good as Campbell did last year. Ohio State has not been a receiver friendly system for quite a while and Campbell found a way to produce. Most single season receptions in school history, 5th in single season yardage (first 1k receiver since 2002 and 5th one ever), tied for 4th single season TDs, those are big pluses to me. People make a big deal about breakout age but given that he played in a system that is historically poor at producing stats at the WR position, I don't think breakout age really applies.

Dorsett always felt like a reach and I think Moncrief could've actually been good with the Colts if he and Luck had been able to both stay healthy at the same times. I think Campbell can be that guy, assuming health, when you consider that TY may be banged up more often and Funchess was only brought in to bridge the gap until either Cain or Campbell can take over
12 Team SF PPR
Start: QRRWWWTFFS
QB: Jackson, Garoppolo, Herbert, Griffin III, Taylor, Mullens
RB: Chubb, Kamara, Washington, Swift
WR: Godwin, Lockett, Boyd, Metcalf, T.Williams, Pascal, Stills, A.Tate, Jeudy
TE: Waller, Griffin, Ebron, Herndon
2021 Picks: 3 1sts, 2 2nds, 3rd, 4th

12 Team SF PPR
Start: QRRWWWTFFS
QB: Wilson, Brissett, Fitzpatrick, Herbert, Tagovailoa, Rivers, Mariota, PJ.Walker
RB: Gurley, Dobbins, Edwards, Hines, Du.Johnson, J.Williams
WR: Thomas, C.Ridley, Boyd, T.Higgins, Pittman, R.Higgins, Pascal, C.Phillips, D.Williams
TE: Higbee, Eifert
2020 done
2021 Picks: 2 1sts, 2 2nds, 4th

14 Team SF PPR
Start: QRRWWWTFFFS
QB: Wilson, Fitzpatrick, Tayor, Griffin III, PJ.Walker
RB: Chubb, Mixon, Ekeler, D.Montgomery, Drake, Burkhead, Collins
WR: Smith-Schuster, Metcalf, Renfrow, Aghelor, Gordon, D.Williams, Taylor, C.Phillips
TE: Higbee, Eifert
No 2020/2021 picks

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Sat May 04, 2019 11:31 am

gabes1919 wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 11:16 am But while the comparisons to Moncrief and especially Dorsett are inevitable, they aren't fair. Neither of them produced in a single season as good as Campbell did last year. Ohio State has not been a receiver friendly system for quite a while and Campbell found a way to produce. Most single season receptions in school history, 5th in single season yardage (first 1k receiver since 2002 and 5th one ever), tied for 4th single season TDs, those are big pluses to me. People make a big deal about breakout age but given that he played in a system that is historically poor at producing stats at the WR position, I don't think breakout age really applies.

Dorsett always felt like a reach and I think Moncrief could've actually been good with the Colts if he and Luck had been able to both stay healthy at the same times. I think Campbell can be that guy, assuming health, when you consider that TY may be banged up more often and Funchess was only brought in to bridge the gap until either Cain or Campbell can take over
I was going to say essentially these things, but Gabes beat me to it while I cooked some breakfast burritos.

Dorsett was basically a 9 route in college. If there are complaints about Campbell, it's that he DIDN'T get used downfield much. Moncrief was an outside WR that was more athlete than WR. Campbell is a much better athlete that was used in the slot, so the projection is much different.

From where I see things, Campbell doesn't have to do anything different for the Colts than what he did last year. TY is a mid and downfield threat. If Campbell ran nothing but hitches and drags, Luck will make him a star. He doesn't have to take TY's job, and while I'm not a Colts fan watching their games all the time, I haven't heard anything about TY losing a step. It'll happen at some point, but I don't think Campbell even needs to go there.

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Sat May 04, 2019 11:37 am

murphysxm wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 9:34 am As a Colts fan I am very torn. Pre draft I thought he was kind of a one trick pony that would need the perfect landing spot. Well, he got that landing spot. I have a lot of faith in Reich using his skill set to it's best. With the other "top" prospects landing in less than ideal spots, yes I think we are too low on him.
X2
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sat May 04, 2019 12:25 pm

Limited route tree, feasted on production close to the line of scrimmage and really raw as a wide receiver. Reich is a good coach to have there, but there's a bunch of red flags with Campbell from a technical standpoint. To me, situation is the best selling point with Campbell.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Sat May 04, 2019 1:22 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 12:25 pm Limited route tree, feasted on production close to the line of scrimmage and really raw as a wide receiver. Reich is a good coach to have there, but there's a bunch of red flags with Campbell from a technical standpoint. To me, situation is the best selling point with Campbell.
Yeah as far as developing into an actual real receiver I have my doubts. I didn't watch much on him but he didn't seem that comfortable whenever he was catching the ball further downfield than the line of scrimmage. It's a tough eval for sure though.

honcho55
All Pro
All Pro

Postby honcho55 » Sat May 04, 2019 3:19 pm

Okay I’ve been drinking a bit. A lot. So take all of this as you will.

I know for sure Wf had Campbell as their WR 1 at one point. Thought it was a while. Maybe not.

But, why I’m bothering to post again is because I’d like to warn against people saying Moncrief this, Dorsett that. Campbell might be leaps and bounds better or worse. Moncrief and Dorsett have exactly Zero bearing on how Campbell will pan out, imo
main league, half PPR, all TDs 6, -3 for INT
12 team. 2019 champ, 2020 runner up, ‘21 3rd
start 2SF, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2WRT

QB: T Lawrence, K Cousins, R Wilson, Z Wilson
RB: K Walker, T Ettiene, JK Dobbins, D Gore, J Hasty, D Johnson, L Rountree
WR: JJ, AJB, A Cooper, Juju, C Kirk, J Dotson, N Westbrook-Ikhine, I McKenzie
TE. T Kelce, Pitts, Albert O, D Parham, J O’Shaunessy

1.03, 1.11, 2.02, 2.09
Extra 24 1st

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Sat May 04, 2019 3:39 pm

honcho55 wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 3:19 pmBut, why I’m bothering to post again is because I’d like to warn against people saying Moncrief this, Dorsett that. Campbell might be leaps and bounds better or worse. Moncrief and Dorsett have exactly Zero bearing on how Campbell will pan out, imo
While they clearly have zero bearing on how Campbell will actually pan out as an individual - it is absolutely worth noting for those that are dubbing this as some sort of "great situation" and bumping Campbell up for perceived situation. This community made the exact same mistake for Moncrief & Dorsett due to "situation" and many are doing it again.

The fact is that Campbell is exceedingly raw, not a good route runner and his YPR is shockingly low for such a "speedster".