More 2020 Hype: "If You Need A RB or WR, this is the draft for you."

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: More 2020 Hype: "If You Need A RB or WR, this is the draft for you."

Postby Vcize » Thu May 02, 2019 8:18 pm

I hope they live up to the hype this year. This time last year I saw a lot of 2019 early mocks with 4+ WRs in the top 15.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Thu May 02, 2019 9:22 pm

I woukd be shocked if 4 wrs went in the top 10. Collin Johnson? He would have to take a huge leap. I am not even 100% sure he is the best wr named Johnson, let alone top 10. Jeudy yeah, Higgins is nice too. Laviska has mad skills also. But we have Tua, Hebert, prob another QB. Then an olineman or two maybe, plus all defensive positions, a rb perhaps? I will take the under on that 4 wr bet. Sincs my 4 first round qbs worked out so well for me this year...
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

koalabear
Captain
Captain

Postby koalabear » Thu May 02, 2019 10:04 pm

Vcize wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 8:18 pm I hope they live up to the hype this year. This time last year I saw a lot of 2019 early mocks with 4+ WRs in the top 15.
I know right? Thought there were going to be 4 or 5 AJ Green types for fantasy owners to draft in 2019.
1. 12 team 1pt PPR. Start 1 QB, 2-3 RB, 3-4 WR, 1-2 TE. Yr 7
QB: Murray, Stafford
RB: Dobbins, Sanders, Pearce
WR: Jefferson, Burks, JuJu
TE: Goedert, Everett
2023: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

2. 12 team 1pt PPR. Start 1 QB, 2-4 RB, 3-5 WR, 1-3 TE. Yr 6.
QB: Jackson, Allen
RB: Akers, CEH
WR: Chase, M Brown, Pittman, M Williams
TE: Tonyan, Hooper
2023: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

3. 12 team superflex, PPR (WR/RB/TE 1/1.25/1.5). Start 1-2 QB, 1-7 RB, WR, TE. Yr 5.
QB: Jackson, Prescott, Brady
RB: Singletary, Harris
WR: Jefferson, Adams, Burks, Evans, Lockett
TE: Hockenson
2023: 3rd, 3rd, 3rd, 3rd, 4th, 5th

dipANDglide
All Pro
All Pro

Postby dipANDglide » Thu May 02, 2019 10:29 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 4:44 pm
Phaded wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 4:19 pm I recently watched some Jerry Jeudy tape because of the hype..

All I can say is.. wow. One of the top WR prospects I have seen come out in a while..
Yeah, Jeudy is the early far-and-away 1.01 for me as well. Hard to find concernable flaws in his game. Just a terrific all-around WR.
Give me Swift over JJ

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Thu May 02, 2019 10:35 pm

dipANDglide wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 10:29 pm
Cameron Giles wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 4:44 pm
Phaded wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 4:19 pm I recently watched some Jerry Jeudy tape because of the hype..

All I can say is.. wow. One of the top WR prospects I have seen come out in a while..
Yeah, Jeudy is the early far-and-away 1.01 for me as well. Hard to find concernable flaws in his game. Just a terrific all-around WR.
Give me Swift over JJ
Swift is interesting because the FF community seems to be much higher on him than the scouting community. I've seen a lot of early mocks with no RBs in the 1st round but the ones that do have RBs there typically have Taylor and/or Etienne. I can't think of any I've seen with Swift as a 1st rounder.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

jaykay22
Starter
Starter

Postby jaykay22 » Thu May 02, 2019 10:40 pm

-Tyler Johnson > Collin Johnson. Like my fellow Tyler Johnson-hype train conductor Friction mentioned above, Collin Johnson will have to have a hell of a senior campaign to become a top 10 IRL pick. If I remember correctly he returned to school after 2018 as he was given a round 3-4 grade by the committee? He's a competent WR for sure, but my bet is that he'll be a day 2 guy next season.

-Jeudy is an alien and should be the 1.01. His teammate Henry Ruggs should be another nice WR to watch.

-Jalen Reagor will be a coveted rookie draft pick if he strings together another great season.

-Am I the only one who's impressed but a bit weary of Shenault? He's got great talent and he did numbers in 2018, especially early on when he was on an absolute tear, but I felt like a decent amount of his production was quick, short throws to get him the ball in space and let him create from there. Electric, but faaaaaar from a refined receiver. The equivalent of Parris Campbell.

But between Jeudy, Higgins, Shenault, Reagor, Lamb, Tyler Johnson at WR, Swift, Taylor, Benjamin, Etienne, Dobbins at RB, Tua and Herbert at QB and Albert O at TE it is looking like a really nice class.
#FreeCoreyDavis

jman3134
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jman3134 » Thu May 02, 2019 11:34 pm

Give me Taylor over Jeudy or Swift atm.
12 team, 35 man rosters, 1/2 PPR, 10 round rookie/FA draft
Qb: Geno Smith, Matthew Stafford, Trey Lance
Rb: Jonathan Taylor, Joe Mixon, Austin Ekeler, Saquon Barkley, Cam Akers, Isiah Pacheco, Jeff Wilson, Chase Edmonds, Pierre Strong, Jordan Mason, Jaleel McLaughlin
Wr: DeAndre Hopkins, Mike Evans, Diontae Johnson, Darnell Mooney, Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Jakobi Meyers, Laviska Shenault, Donovan Peoples-Jones, Denzel Mims, Richie James, Michael Wilson, Demario Douglas, Trent Sherfield
Te: George Kittle, Darren Waller, Taysom Hill, Isaiah Likely
K:
D: Dallas D

Johnny Canuck
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Johnny Canuck » Fri May 03, 2019 9:56 am

The 2020 class looks legit. What makes it even better, a lot of the good landing spots we were expecting some of the 2019 prospects to go to didn't end up happening.

Blue Chippers
QB: Tua, Herbert, Fromm.
WR: Jeudy, Laviska, Higgins, Johnson, CeeDee Lamb.
RB: Taylor, Etienne, Swift, Harris, Dobbins.
TE: Okwuegbunam.

Take out the QBs, and that's still 11 prospects that I'm excited about for the next draft. Those are just the top end guys, that doesn't even include guys like: Benjamin, Sermon, Dillon, Akers, Reagor, Ruggs, Pinkney, etc, which would be around in the mid 2nd.

Obvs it's not all roses, these guys won't all land in the spots we want, some won't declare, some will fall off production wise...but this is a solid foundation for a draft class. There's also going to random other guys that jump up the draft board (same as Miles Sanders for example), and there's still some good, and even the odd great, landing spot still open...KC - WR/RB, Tampa - RB, Miami - WR/QB, Houston - RB, Giants - WR, Greenbay - WR, Tenn - QB, NE - TE. That's a lot of solid landing spots available for these rookies next yr.

Just the thought of: Swift on KC, Etienne on Tampa, or Taylor on Houston...Or potentially Jeudy on KC, Laviska on GB, Okwuegbunam on NE...

Stockpile those 2020 picks ppl, esp in a SF league

rubber_duck
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby rubber_duck » Fri May 03, 2019 10:25 am

2020 does look good at the top. I think at WR it not only could have several quality guys at the top, but also be very deep if some of these guys declare early. Alabama, for example, is loaded at receiver; it is entirely possible that Jeudy isn't the best one on that team. Ruggs is good and DeVonta Smith really good as well.

Oh, and for any of these players that don't declare for 2020, it is just loading up the 2021 class with that Clemson phenom Justyn Ross.

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Fri May 03, 2019 10:35 am

Hype machine! Keep it cranking.
12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Burrow
RB |
WR | Puka, Olave, Smith, Flowers, Dotson, Addison
TE | Pitts, Otton, Bellinger, Likely, Okonkwo
2024 | 1.01, 1.02, 4.01, 5.01
| 1stx3, 3rdx3

10 Team | SF | PPR | 2023 Champ
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Allen, Stroud, Young
RB | K Williams, White, Monty, Herbert, Chandler
WR | Lamb, AJB, Puka, Waddle, Mooney, J. Williams, Watson, Davis
TE | Andrews, Bellinger, Dulcich
2024 | 1.04, 3.10

12 Team | SF | PPR | 1.5TEP | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, FL, SF

QB | Herbert Lance
RB | ETN, Pacheco, K Williams, Singletary, Henry, A Jones, Warren
WR | ARSB, Wilson, Olave, DK, Puka, Flowers, Downs,
TE | Hockenson, Likely, Otton

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Fri May 03, 2019 10:39 am

koalabear wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 10:04 pm
Vcize wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 8:18 pm I hope they live up to the hype this year. This time last year I saw a lot of 2019 early mocks with 4+ WRs in the top 15.
I know right? Thought there were going to be 4 or 5 AJ Green types for fantasy owners to draft in 2019.
ya and the one we thought for sure was an AJG type fell to like 9th WR taken lol (DK). even a month before the draft i still saw mocks with 4 WR in first and one being Harmon :wall: :nono:
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Fri May 03, 2019 12:44 pm

Love the 2020 class.

At the moment not a believer in Tua and I LOVE Jake Fromm. I don't understand why he isn't the #1 QB at the moment.

The RB class is looking special so is the top couple of WR. We could be looking at similar to Julio and Green in one class again.

Choo - Choo!!!
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

Krypto_King
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Krypto_King » Fri May 03, 2019 1:42 pm

just for a splash of cold water, here is this year's draft projection from 12 months ago: http://walterfootball.com/draft2019archive0426.php

Johnny Canuck
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Johnny Canuck » Fri May 03, 2019 2:47 pm

Krypto_King wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 1:42 pm just for a splash of cold water, here is this year's draft projection from 12 months ago: http://walterfootball.com/draft2019archive0426.php
The overall validity of WalterFootball's mock draft accuracy is unknown, and using this one websites inaccuracy as a reason to put shade on a future draft class isn't a great supposition imo.

The 2019 draft class was considered poor and difficult to assess for a while, this is in part due to there being no pure studs. If players are more closely grouped obviously it becomes harder to find the outliers. Harder to find outliers = harder to accurately predict outcomes. For this reason I'm not sure that the inaccuracy of WalterFootball's mock draft from last year should put cold water on this class.

There were no cream of the crop players in this class. The cream of the crop usually stays in place. These top players of their respective classes are known fairly long before they're drafted, and they don't usually falter. Were talking players like: Zeke, Barkley, Cooper, Fournette, Gurley, Gordon, etc. Usually those top end players keep producing in their draft yr, remain top end selections in our rookie drafts, and we're excited to have them...If those players live up to their draft capital is a whole different thing, but in any case at our rookie draft we'll be pumped to take them.

For next yr: Jeudy, Taylor, Etienne, and Swift all appear to be cream of the crop selections, and I think it is unlikely that these players will be displaced from that mantle this time next season.

Having just these four players at the top of draft boards is enough to make this a quality draft class, but then you add all the other talent...it's gonna be a good one.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Fri May 03, 2019 3:41 pm

Krypto_King wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 1:42 pm just for a splash of cold water, here is this year's draft projection from 12 months ago: http://walterfootball.com/draft2019archive0426.php
Walter Football is a good resource to establish a list of college names, but their mocks are usually poor. But, right now if we look at the names in 2020...it's absolutely loaded

Jerry Jeudy
Jonathan Taylor
Tee Higgins
CeeDee Lamb
Laviska Shenault
Travis Etienne
Najee Harris
Henry Ruggs III
Tylan Wallace
A.J. Dillon
D'Andre Swift
Bryan Edwards
Cam Akers
J.K. Dobbins

There's a clear cut star in Jeudy, several high level players and a bunch of depth going into the 2nd round.