The Tyreek Hill Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
gogobradyarm
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Tyreek Hill

Postby gogobradyarm » Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:29 pm

Jason3123 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:58 pm
gogobradyarm wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:52 pm One year suspension, similar to AP. I can't see more or less.
Will be interesting because I think this situation is significantly worse than AP. There is a track record on Hill, widely known, which AP had none, as far as I can recall. In addition the audio represents the pure evilness in Hill's character, not just directed towards his child but towards the woman involved. I think this is a far worse situation IMO. We're talking about female abuse and minor abuse.
That is all fine and dandy, but league policy is pretty black and white on domestic abuse situations, and AP is the example we have. What happened in college with Tyreek, was not an offense that was tallied in the NFL (unless you count his draft stock falling). This is his first major offense as a league member.
12 Team - PPR - 30man (2 IR) - 6pt PPTD- 1 QB - 2 RB - 2 WR - 1 Flex - 1 TE
QB: Jalen Hurts, Dak Prescott, Anthony Richardson, Aidan O'Connell
RB: McCaffrey, Jacobs, Barkley, Zamir White, Jaleel McLaughlin, Dowdle, Zach Evans, Dobbins
WR: AJB, London, Aiyuk, Diontae Johnson, Rashee Rice, Ridley, McLaurin, Dotson, Rashod Bateman
TE: Mandrews, Pitts, Likely, Otton

2024: 1.01, 1.07
2025: 3x 1st
Champ: 2020, 2021
Year 9 of my league

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Jason3123 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:32 pm

gogobradyarm wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:29 pm
gogobradyarm wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:52 pm One year suspension, similar to AP. I can't see more or less.
Will be interesting because I think this situation is significantly worse than AP. There is a track record on Hill, widely known, which AP had none, as far as I can recall. In addition the audio represents the pure evilness in Hill's character, not just directed towards his child but towards the woman involved. I think this is a far worse situation IMO. We're talking about female abuse and minor abuse.
That is all fine and dandy, but league policy is pretty black and white on domestic abuse situations, and AP is the example we have. What happened in college with Tyreek, was not an offense that was tallied in the NFL (unless you count his draft stock falling). This is his first major offense as a league member.
Yes, but now they have a reason to reflect and address on that, because the media will not be shy about bringing it up endlessly over the next few days. I can’t imagine it wouldn’t factor into any of their decisions. The same way a Judge reviews the defendant’s history and makes decisions on current crimes that often reflect on past decisions and patterns of behavior. I would bet the NFL does the same now that Hill has given them reason too.

FantasyDumDum
Role Player
Role Player

Postby FantasyDumDum » Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:35 pm

There is specific language in the league conduct policy that actions/misconduct prior to entering the league can be taken into account during future investigations and when determining current punishments.
10 team, .5ppr, 1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/1Flex

QB: Brees, Cousins
RB: CMC, D Williams, Drake, Guice, Penny, RoJo, Breida, I Smith, Edmonds
WR: AB, ARob, Ridley, Jeffery, Shepard, Pettis, Miller, Washington, MVS, Callaway
TE: Kelce, Herndon, Andrews

Taxi Squad:

Picks:
2019 1.10, 2.10, 3.10, 4.10
2020 1, 2, 3, 4

dm1129
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby dm1129 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:10 pm

There are a few things to keep in mind.

As has already been mentioned, the personal conduct policy allows the league to consider previous violations of the law in determining punishment. In other words, it is very likely this incident will not be considered the first in determining possible punishment.

A player does not have the 5th amendment protection in dealing with league investigators. If the player is evasive or will not cooperate, the league can take action based on that.

The personal conduct policy covers not only actual physical abuse, but also includes the threatening of physical violence. Hill is heard saying to his pregnant(with twins) fiancé whom he has already physically asaulted while pregnant with their now 3 year old son who has the broken arm, that she should be 'terrified' of him after the fiancé informs him that their 3 year old is terrified of Hill. That alone could very well be considered a violation of the policy. Then consider that the boy has his arm broken and he says his daddy did it. Hill is very possibly facing multiple violations of the personal conduct policy in addition to his conviction for assault from several years ago. Hill may be in legal jeopady now that the DA has access to this recording. I do not see him missing only a year, his career is in serious jeopardy. Rightly so.

Dr.Graffin
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Dr.Graffin » Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:21 pm

I believe the 3yo kid. At that age, he wouldn't be lying about this. Especially to say the man he's terrified of is the guy who broke his arm.

And for Hill to threaten his fiancé and expect his 3yo kid to be terrified of him is absolutely disgusting. This is worlds worse than Mixon, Rice, and Hunt imo. I don't see how another team could take the PR hit employing him, at least in the immediate future. 1 year minimum he's not playing football.
12 Team Non-PPR, 6pt TDs-22' R/U, 23' R/U
1QB, 2RBs, 2WRs, 1TE, 2Flex (W/R/T), 1K, 1DST
QB: P. Mahomes, R. Tannehill
RB: D. Achane, D. Henry, J. Mixon, A. Ekeler, M. Sanders
WR: T. Hill, D. Smith, D. J. Moore, D. Samuel, T. Higgins, D. Hopkins, O. Beckham, D. Wicks, J. Metchie
TE: T. Kelce, C. Kmet, H. Henry, M. Gesicki
K: J. Tucker
D/ST: Baltimore, Jacksonville
2024 Picks: 4.9

12 Team .5 PPR, 6pt TDs
1QB, 2RBs, 2WRs, 1TE, 3Flex (W/R/T), 1K, 1DST
QB: J. Love, J. Herbert
RB: S. Barkley, J. Cook, I. Pacheco, Br. Robinson, D. Singletary, D. Pierce
WR: D. J. Moore, J. Waddle, Z. Flowers, T. Higgins, C. Watson, J. Downs, J. Dotson, R. Shaheed
TE: T. McBride, H. Henry, M. Gesicki, C. Okonkwo, J. Woods
K: T. Bass
D/ST: Jacksonville, Indianapolis
2024 Picks: 2.7, 3.2, 4.11

Krypto_King
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Krypto_King » Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:37 am

the Chiefs are bleep bags dragging their legs on this

pokerface40
All Pro
All Pro

Postby pokerface40 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:48 am

This thread should be locked soon, dude is done.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:02 am

The Chiefs also drafted him because he promised them he was a changed man. The Chiefs cut Hunt for lying to them. He's going to get cut, or they are hypocrites. I think people who have Hill on their rosters need to understand it may be a sunken cost, and accept it, and learn not to roster guys that do these things in the future.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:03 am

Cult of Dionysus wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:37 pm This guy needs to be Ray Riced.
X2. Blackball the guy. Enough is enough.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:10 am

Ironic that he was worried about what [other] people might do to his son, meanwhile he was the one terrifying him.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:41 am

I really feel that people who have Hill on their roster need to listen to that conversation before worrying about their Dynasty roster, and posting some sort of defense for the guy, in order to gain some perspective. If you still feel inclined to defend why he should perhaps be given a pass (because you roster him), I think you need to seriously evaluate your priorities.

TampaBay216
Role Player
Role Player

Postby TampaBay216 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:50 am

That was disgusting to hear.
He should be done.
Wouldn’t surprise me at all if he’s cut by the morning. RIP career.
Team 1
12 team IDP PPR Single QB

QB: J. Burrow, J. Love
RB: S. Barkley, A. Kamara, J. Williams
WR: C. Lamb, J. Jefferson, M. Evans, C. Godwin, A.J. Brown
TE: S. LaPorta D. Geodert, T. Kelce
DL: D. Hunter, C. Granderson, B. Chubb
LB: P. Queen, R. Smith, CJ Mosley
CB: J. Thompson, CJGJ, P. Adebo

Team 2
14 Team TEP SF PPR IDP

QB: P. Mahomes, A. Richardson , B. Young
RB: B. Robinson, J. Gibbs
WR: T. Higgins, M. Brown, D. London, D. Wicks, Q. Johnston
TE: D. Njoku, I. Likely

Picks: 24’ - 1.10 - 2.09 - 2.14 - 3.09 - 3.13

Team 3
12 team IDP SF PPR TEP

QB: L. Jackson, J. Hurts, B. Young, Rodgers
RB: B. Hall, J. Gibbs, I. Pacheco, A. Kamara
WR: P. Nacua, Deebo, JSN, Sutton, M. Brown
TE: T. Hockenson, J. Ferguson
LB: F. Oluokun, R. Smith, R. Spillane, B. Wagner, D. Greenlaw
DB: J. Brisker, B. Baker, K. Moore
DL: D. Hunter, M. Garrett, K. Paye, Q. Williams

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:59 am

Indefinite suspension coming and likely no team EVER wanting to take on his nightmare reputation due to PR hit.

Tape sounds like fiance' was trying get damning evidence on recording but wasn't smart enough to not incriminate herself in the process. Neither should have the child without undergoing psychological examinations and supervised visitations to ensure the child's safety. Not just for physical but mental safety as well.

Tyreek is seriously lacking in parenting skills along with control issues in general wanting to terrify & intimidate her. She's not much better . If she thought this recording was going to give her leverage that sure blew up in her face. Now she's in trouble too and if she was counting on this to make sure she got paid in case of a breakup that future income just went bye-bye.

Pitiful excuses for parents who are blowing any chance @ doing right by their child (and future children). Pray that by some miracle they use this to turn their lives around before they totally scar that child for life. Hill will be lucky to ever get another chance @ football but that should be secondary to his relationship with his son. Same goes for her. The lavish lifestyle of a NFL WAG will soon be gone but she should start making her son's health a top priority

problemsolver
Starter
Starter

Postby problemsolver » Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:38 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:02 am He's going to get cut, or they are hypocrites.
They are already hypocrites. In the middle of all this Tyreek stuff, they traded for and gave a hundred million dollar extension to Frank Clark.

Curran asked Clark how this incident started and he stated "I don't know what they do, what they go through, I don't know what she is going through, I know she is going through some crazy fits, and she may be pregnant."

That's when Curran entered the hotel and assessed the remnants of the disturbance and began interviewing witnesses.
When Curran approached the room, Hurt was awake.

"We went up the room, there was a damaged lamp on the table, a damaged lamp on the wall and she's got a large welt on the side of her cheek, she's got marks on her neck," Curran said. "She had what looked like rug burn on her one thigh. We have pictures of everything."

According to Hurt, she and Clark began to argue while lying on the bed in their room at the Maui Sands Resort and Indoor Waterpark. She got angry, threw a TV remote control at him, and he responded by trying to restrain her on the bed. She told Curran that she tried to get loose by biting his nose. Then she said he pushed her head into the bed, they got off the bed and he punched her in the face, knocking her back and breaking a lamp. She stated that she threw an alarm clock at him as he prepared to leave the room.

Her two juvenile brothers offered more graphic accounts to Curran, pinning more blame on Clark. One of the brothers told police that Clark drank at least a fifth of Hennessy. Hurt underwent a portable breath test that measured .000%.

The brothers said they saw Clark hitting their sister and one said Clark had her against a wall, grabbing her by the throat, picking her off the ground and slamming her down.

"That's how this started, somebody in different room heard screaming and yelling, heard noises come out of the room, they thought something was going on and they opened up their door and little kids come running out of the hotel room that Frank was in and screaming Frank is … the witness came out basically saying, 'Frank is killing our sister.'