1.01 - Dream Landing Spots

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: 1.01 - Dream Landing Spots

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:28 pm

OhCruelestRanter wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:09 pm Getting Tre Mason’d requires a Todd Gurley. There’s no Gurley in this class.
Exactly. Jacobs isn't in the same realm of talent as Gurley coming out of college, not even close.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

M-Dub
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby M-Dub » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:05 am

I think the only way I’d draft an RB at 1.01 is if Sanders went to KC.

I’d take Harry 1.01 if he lands in KC, SF, Indy, GB, NO, Sea or NE, unless AJ Brown also lands on one of those teams. At that point, I’d take just about any remotely valuable throw-in to move down to 1.02 and be stoked with either one, but all things being equal, I slightly prefer Harry’s ceiling.

In the unlikely event that none of the above happens, but Campbell lands in KC, I’d strongly consider him.

If still none of the above happens (aka draft armageddon), I’d just take AJ Brown in a mediocre-to-bad landing spot and bank on the highest floor.
Both are 12-team 1QB PPR dynasties

🦬PRIME🦬
QB: Hurts, Howell
RB: Mixon, Jones, Sanders, Dobbins, Akers, Roschon, Dowdle, Kelley
WR: Nuk, Godwin, Cooper, Lockett, Flowers, Chark, Collins, Hollins, Tillman, Tolbert
TE: Hockenson, Chig, Trautman
Taxi: Willis, Z. White, M. Mims, T. Palmer

Hull Awaits
$450 cap, 60 contract years

QB: Lawrence $5/3, Richardson $5/5, Minshew $1/0, Jones $1/0, Heinicke $1/0, Tyrod $1/0
RB: Achane $4/4, Warren $2/4, Roschon $7/5, Dillon $4/1, Hubbard $2/1, Kelley $1/0
WR: Nuk $78/1, MT $25/1, M. Williams $1/0, JSN $21/5, Reed $4/5, Rice $4/5, M. Wilson $2/5
TE: Thomas $1/0, Hill $1/0, Parham $1/0

pokerface40
All Pro
All Pro

Postby pokerface40 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:49 am

Hakeem Butler anywhere

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:37 am

I agree with most posts, any first round WR drafted by Indy, Green Bay, or KC would be the early leader for 1.01. I have dreams of DK Metcalf catching bombs from Aaron Rodgers.

Jacobs in the first or early second to a good team has a chance as RB scarcity will drive up that value.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:03 am

A player further down the food chain I recently drafted in the 3rd round is Mike Weber, RB Ohio State.

I posted this in another KC thread but thought it made sense to post here:

Mike Weber at RB in the round 4-5 range if available would be an ideal fit in the KC system. I think he would be an instant upgrade over what they have at RB. He is also going to be affordable in this draft due to depth of this NFL class.

One of the best in this class in pass protection, can catch, and runs with power. With KC's QB he won't face 8 in the box ever.

He is obviously not Jacobs or Sanders in overall talent but is under the radar in his overall skill set that a team like KC could get and provide an instant impact.

He is the type of player to keep an eye on if he goes to the right team.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

ebsteelers
Role Player
Role Player

Postby ebsteelers » Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:01 am

what if dk landed in Pittsburgh?

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:14 am

With Pittsburgh's track record with WRs he, or any WR they drafted with a 1st round pick, would become a heavy contender if not favorite for 1.01. I think the Steelers have bigger needs though, and they have proven to be able to get the most out of WRs outside of the 1st round. I'm sure they will draft one at some point, but I don't expect them to spend a high pick on one.

ebsteelers
Role Player
Role Player

Postby ebsteelers » Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:22 am

bjd5211 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:14 am With Pittsburgh's track record with WRs he, or any WR they drafted with a 1st round pick, would become a heavy contender if not favorite for 1.01. I think the Steelers have bigger needs though, and they have proven to be able to get the most out of WRs outside of the 1st round. I'm sure they will draft one at some point, but I don't expect them to spend a high pick on one.
agree completely. i'd imagine round 3 maybe andy Isabella if he is there would be when they address the spot.

djeternal2
Captain
Captain

Postby djeternal2 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:51 am

bjd5211 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:14 am With Pittsburgh's track record with WRs he, or any WR they drafted with a 1st round pick, would become a heavy contender if not favorite for 1.01. I think the Steelers have bigger needs though, and they have proven to be able to get the most out of WRs outside of the 1st round. I'm sure they will draft one at some point, but I don't expect them to spend a high pick on one.
What track record? They've hit exactly 1 WR since their spectacular 2010 draft of Manny Sanders & AB. His name? JJS. The others Ayers, Coates, Dri Archer, Bryant, Wheaton, Justice Brown, Toney Clemons. So out of 8 picks since 2010 they hit 1. Washington I did not include since he was last year and we cannot say definitively if he is a hit or miss. Not necessarily a track record that I'm going to instantly say "OMG they drafted a WR he's now my 1.01!".
10 tm ppr 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 Flex, TE, K, TDEF (Yr 6)
QB - Ryan, Wentz
RB - Gurley, A Jones, Cohen, Kerryon, Dam Williams, Duke, I Smith, Armstead, T Carson
WR - AJG, Watkins, ARob, A. Cooper, K Allen, M Williams, Godwin, Callaway, JJAW
TE - Gesicki, I Smith, Herndon, Eifert, Sternberger, Dissly

10 tm TE prem 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, K, 2 DB, 2 DL, 2 LB (Yr 5)
QB - Mahomes, Mayfield, Wentz,
RB - Zeke, Chubb, Kerryon, Duke, Edmonds, B Hill
WR - Nuk, AJG, ARob, JJS, Samuel, MVS, T Smith, D Hamilton, Gallup, K Johnson
TE - Njoku, Eifert, Herndon, I Smith, I Thomas, Moreau
DL - Watt, K Clark, Q Williams
LB - D Jones, D Bush
DB - K Neal, Bell

DLF Early Birds - 16 tm SF (1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex, 1 SF
QB - A Rodgers, Darnold, Rosen, M Rudolph, Luck
RB - Damian Williams, J Howard, Duke, AP, Gore
WR - Julio, Golladay, Kirk, Stills, Manny Sanders, N Harry
TE - Jarwin, Gesicki, Boyle, Sprinkle

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Jason3123 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:11 am

Anywhere but Baltimore or Washington works for me!

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:26 am

Later in the first, any TE to NEP. Hock, Fant, Smith, etc.
D3:
QB—Allen RB—Kamara, Jacobs, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Harrison, TILLMAN, Marshall, Jefferson TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington KRAFT PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC RB—BIJAN, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, HULL, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Diggs, Adams, Allen, TILLMAN, Boyd, Woods, HUTCHINSON, DOUGLAS TE—Kelce, Kmet, Schultz, Parham PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, Howell RB—BIJAN, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, HULL, GRAY WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, Myers, Hardman, Reynolds BOUTTE TE—Kmet, Smith, Hurst, Ertz, KRAFT PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: BIJAN, BRob, ZWhite, Hines, TDP, McLaughlin WR: Higgins, JSN, JWilliams, DJM, RMoore, DOWNS, Atwell, TILLMAN, BOUTTE, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, CJONES TE: Trautman, Ferguson, KRAFT, Hooper

Flgatorguy87
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Flgatorguy87 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:58 am

Packers WR, KC RB/WR

Those are the 3 I am really pulling for with pick 1.02.
SF PPR 30 man roster 5 taxi 2 IR
QB, 3WR, 2RB, 2TE, 2FLEX , Superflex

A. Rodgers, J. Goff, D. Lock, Ta. Hill

O. Beckham, Antonio Brown, M. Evans, A. Robinson, S. Diggs, C. Sutton, T. Boyd, Jakobi Meyers, S. Sims Jr., Darius Slayton

S. Barkley, Da. Cook, Cam Akers, JK Dobbins, R. Penny, Ronald Jones, W. Gallman, Duke Johnson, AJ Dillon, Darrynton Evans, DeeJay Dallas, L. Perine

G. Kittle, M. Andrews, H. Hurst

Taxi: R. Armstead, Joe Reed, L. Bowden Jr., I. Coulter, Scotty Miller

2021 - 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 3rd, 5th

Flgatorguy87
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Flgatorguy87 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:58 am

Packers WR, KC RB/WR

Those are the 3 I am really pulling for with pick 1.02.
SF PPR 30 man roster 5 taxi 2 IR
QB, 3WR, 2RB, 2TE, 2FLEX , Superflex

A. Rodgers, J. Goff, D. Lock, Ta. Hill

O. Beckham, Antonio Brown, M. Evans, A. Robinson, S. Diggs, C. Sutton, T. Boyd, Jakobi Meyers, S. Sims Jr., Darius Slayton

S. Barkley, Da. Cook, Cam Akers, JK Dobbins, R. Penny, Ronald Jones, W. Gallman, Duke Johnson, AJ Dillon, Darrynton Evans, DeeJay Dallas, L. Perine

G. Kittle, M. Andrews, H. Hurst

Taxi: R. Armstead, Joe Reed, L. Bowden Jr., I. Coulter, Scotty Miller

2021 - 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 3rd, 5th

ebsteelers
Role Player
Role Player

Postby ebsteelers » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:01 pm

djeternal2 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:51 am
What track record? They've hit exactly 1 WR since their spectacular 2010 draft of Manny Sanders & AB. His name? JJS. The others Ayers, Coates, Dri Archer, Bryant, Wheaton, Justice Brown, Toney Clemons. So out of 8 picks since 2010 they hit 1. Washington I did not include since he was last year and we cannot say definitively if he is a hit or miss. Not necessarily a track record that I'm going to instantly say "OMG they drafted a WR he's now my 1.01!".
not all of them were one receiver ones but Bryant had big flashes, and even Wheaton had a few moments.

Wallace, sanders, brown, Bryant all hits in the 3rd round or later over the last 10 years..., 4 for 9 44% for later round is pretty good especially considering those starting wide out roles were filled by hines, brown, sanders, and Wallace at different points

so what would you want their track record in those later rounds to be to say they have a track record of success?

djeternal2
Captain
Captain

Postby djeternal2 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:17 pm

ebsteelers wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:01 pm
djeternal2 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:51 am
not all of them were one receiver ones but Bryant had big flashes, and even Wheaton had a few moments.

Wallace, sanders, brown, Bryant all hits in the 3rd round or later over the last 10 years..., 4 for 9 44% for later round is pretty good especially considering those starting wide out roles were filled by hines, brown, sanders, and Wallace at different points

so what would you want their track record in those later rounds to be to say they have a track record of success?
To quote your post "they have proven to be able to get the most out of WRs outside of the 1st round". Wallace, AB, & Manny were 2009 & 2010 effectively. So back to my list they've hit 1 in the last 8 years, JJS. Where's the track record? Nothing in your post states they've proven to get the most out of later round WRs that were #1 WRs so not sure why you are now making that argument except to invalidate what is relevant data. I like how you twist the stat to make it 44% since 2009; but, back to my list which is more relevant since 3 of those hits were effectively 10 years ago the # would be 12.5%. Martavis best season is 50 765 6. If that's what you would consider a hit with your first round pick this year have at it. I generally am not looking for WR3/4s in the first and consider that a good pick. So again if this is what you consider a good track record then I guess we'll have to agree to disagree but please let me know if you have an opening in one of your leagues so I can watch you be giddy over your WR3 that you drafted in the first round of the rookie draft.
10 tm ppr 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 Flex, TE, K, TDEF (Yr 6)
QB - Ryan, Wentz
RB - Gurley, A Jones, Cohen, Kerryon, Dam Williams, Duke, I Smith, Armstead, T Carson
WR - AJG, Watkins, ARob, A. Cooper, K Allen, M Williams, Godwin, Callaway, JJAW
TE - Gesicki, I Smith, Herndon, Eifert, Sternberger, Dissly

10 tm TE prem 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, K, 2 DB, 2 DL, 2 LB (Yr 5)
QB - Mahomes, Mayfield, Wentz,
RB - Zeke, Chubb, Kerryon, Duke, Edmonds, B Hill
WR - Nuk, AJG, ARob, JJS, Samuel, MVS, T Smith, D Hamilton, Gallup, K Johnson
TE - Njoku, Eifert, Herndon, I Smith, I Thomas, Moreau
DL - Watt, K Clark, Q Williams
LB - D Jones, D Bush
DB - K Neal, Bell

DLF Early Birds - 16 tm SF (1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex, 1 SF
QB - A Rodgers, Darnold, Rosen, M Rudolph, Luck
RB - Damian Williams, J Howard, Duke, AP, Gore
WR - Julio, Golladay, Kirk, Stills, Manny Sanders, N Harry
TE - Jarwin, Gesicki, Boyle, Sprinkle