The Tyreek Hill Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
pvillebiker
Captain
Captain

Re: Tyreek Hill

Postby pvillebiker » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:02 am

grandmabetty wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:11 am https://www.google.com/amp/s/arrowheada ... ctive/amp/

Some good information here.

If this takes a long time to play out in the courts I could see the NFL putting him on the exempt list while this gets sorted. Child abuse is about as bad of a PR issue as I can think of
This part is fascinating if not paradoxical -

"Tyreek and his fiance are probably somewhere in the adjudication stage. Likely there has been probable cause found that the child was in an unsafe environment or was not properly cared for. The parents are likely going through counseling together, working with the Department to better their parenting, and other similar tasks. When they can show successful completion, they will likely regain physical custody."

pvillebiker
Captain
Captain

Postby pvillebiker » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:11 am

Rotoworld's Tyreek update today. More speculation on likely suspension or outright release.

https://www.rotoworld.com/football/nfl/ ... es/8986581

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:40 am

WhatWouldDitkaDo wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:37 am ... it's possible they took the child because in this case both parents are suspects, so it could've been a precautionary move...
If that were the case, why didn’t they take the kid out of their custody a month ago?

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:29 am

Valhalla wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:40 am
WhatWouldDitkaDo wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:37 am ... it's possible they took the child because in this case both parents are suspects, so it could've been a precautionary move...
If that were the case, why didn’t they take the kid out of their custody a month ago?
No idea. I'm just relaying what others told me. My point was that while this certainly is not good news for Hill, it's also not necessarily the smoking gun that many are making it out to be.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:34 am

Yeah, from my reading state governments don’t just take custody of children for precautionary reasons. I’ve worked with the KVC which is the hospital that has the foster care contract with the state of Kansas. They’re constantly over flowing with displaced kids (to the point that they were housing them in their corporate offices resulting in another interesting/tragic story the KC star broke). Point being, they show a lot of discretion before removing a kid from a home because they don’t have the capacity to safely home them in the foster care system.
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

pvillebiker
Captain
Captain

Postby pvillebiker » Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:22 pm

Apparently the kid was taken into custody "several weeks ago", but local media waited until now to report it when they got confirmation.

More interesting to me is -- the league asked for the police reports and detailed info on the case too, but was only given the "front page of the police reoprt", the same info given to the local media. Sounds like the league is flying blind now too awaiting legal outcome of some sort for next steps.

https://www.kctv5.com/news/investigatio ... f2d40.html

smallxl
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby smallxl » Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:37 pm

pvillebiker wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:22 pm
Apparently the kid was taken into custody "several weeks ago", but local media waited until now to report it when they got confirmation.

More interesting to me is -- the league asked for the police reports and detailed info on the case too, but was only given the "front page of the police reoprt", the same info given to the local media. Sounds like the league is flying blind now too awaiting legal outcome of some sort for next steps.

https://www.kctv5.com/news/investigatio ... f2d40.html

He's in big trouble. I agree that if you have him on your roster as the only viable WR, you need to sell and get a couple of decent if you can find an owner willing to take a chance. But his stock has just plummeted in my opinion
22-man, 12-team, 1 pt-PPR; Start 1-2RB; 3-4 WR; 1-2 TE

TEAM 1
QB: Prescott, Foles
RB: Barkley, P Barber, Duke, Gio Bernard, Gus, C Thompson, Breida, Ekeler
WR: A Cooper, Cooks, Lockett, C. Davis, Crowder, Chark, Stills
TE: OJ Howard

GronkosaurusRex
Rookie
Rookie

Postby GronkosaurusRex » Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:39 pm

Down to 0 chance u can get anything of value now...

:boohoo:

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:39 pm

jcc6fd wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:34 am Point being, they show a lot of discretion before removing a kid from a home because they don’t have the capacity to safely home them in the foster care system.
It's also awful for the kid. Traumatizing. And the foster care system in this country is hideous, rife with its own problems.

So, yeah. Child protective services aren't keen to take kids from their parents. Ton of incentive to not do it.
jcc6fd wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:43 am Looks pretty bleak at this point. There goes KC’s super bowl aspirations...
Those aspirations only become null if Mahomes is sidelined.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

FantasyDumDum
Role Player
Role Player

Postby FantasyDumDum » Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:03 pm

ninotoreS wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:39 pm
jcc6fd wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:34 am Point being, they show a lot of discretion before removing a kid from a home because they don’t have the capacity to safely home them in the foster care system.
It's also awful for the kid. Traumatizing. And the foster care system in this country is hideous, rife with its own problems.

So, yeah. Child protective services aren't keen to take kids from their parents. Ton of incentive to not do it.
jcc6fd wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:43 am Looks pretty bleak at this point. There goes KC’s super bowl aspirations...
Especially from a wealthy couple with expensive representation. It is exceedingly rare with those two factors added in.
10 team, .5ppr, 1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/1Flex

QB: Brees, Cousins
RB: CMC, D Williams, Drake, Guice, Penny, RoJo, Breida, I Smith, Edmonds
WR: AB, ARob, Ridley, Jeffery, Shepard, Pettis, Miller, Washington, MVS, Callaway
TE: Kelce, Herndon, Andrews

Taxi Squad:

Picks:
2019 1.10, 2.10, 3.10, 4.10
2020 1, 2, 3, 4

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:03 am

Agree with you on the foster care front. Didn’t realize just how overwhelmingly bad it was until I did their financial statement audit, and saw just how many kids there were in the system and how few resources they had.

And as a KC fan I hope you’re right, but I wouldn’t under estimate just how much Hill means/meant to KCs offensive dominance. His speed is truly game changing and was a huge contributor in making Mahomes the MVP
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:42 am

Have to disagree here, they couldnt get to the super bowl with their team at almost full strength, when they had an AFC Championship at home. Going to be very hard to get to and even harder to win one now without Hill, especially if you still believe in the Pats and are a believer in the Browns, Steelers still from the AFC etc. Hill is a dynamic player who was so good he helped two different QBs make it to the playoffs. Kc can still make playoffs but the loss of Hill significantly effects them. Part of what made Mahomes so good was Hill could get open after the play broke down, Mahomes used his scrambling ability to then get the ball to the open Hill. This is a significant loss and I dont think KC any chance at a super bowl now, but ive been wrong before.
Last edited by Patsfan86 on Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:46 am

Also as others have pointed out it is common for CPS, DCF or whatever it is called in the state to leave the kids with the parents for a little bit after allegations. The last thing they want to do is put the children in foster care.

pvillebiker
Captain
Captain

Postby pvillebiker » Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:58 am

Weknownothing86 wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:42 am

Have to disagree here, they couldnt get to the super bowl with their team at almost full strength, when they had an AFC Championship at home. Going to be very hard to get to and even harder to win one now without Hill, especially if you still believe in the Pats and are a believer in the Browns, Steelers still from the AFC etc. Hill is a dynamic player who was so good he helped two different QBs make it to the playoffs. Kc can still make playoffs but the loss of Hill significantly effects them. Part of what made Mahomes so good was Hill could get open after the play broke down, Mahomes used his scrambling ability to then get the ball to the open Hill. This is a significant loss and I dont think KC any chance at a super bowl now, but ive been wrong before.
All true - but at least KC didn't commit a big chunk of their cap space to Hill before this broke. Can you imagine if they did, then a week or two later this breaks? Yikes. At least now they have options with their WR's. You'd think they'd have to add from the draft big time. Hollywood Brown time?

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:40 am

pvillebiker wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:58 am
Weknownothing86 wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:42 am

All true - but at least KC didn't commit a big chunk of their cap space to Hill before this broke. Can you imagine if they did, then a week or two later this breaks? Yikes. At least now they have options with their WR's. You'd think they'd have to add from the draft big time. Hollywood Brown time?
They can definitely add someone, but Hill is a special player and i dont think they can just add someone to replace his talent. Hill was perfect for that team. I dont like talking about him personally because i am VERY passionately Anti Hill, no doubt in my mind he did something and should lose his job. I am just commenting on him on the field due to that, there is no doubt that on the field he is something special and was only getting better and would have dominated along with mahomes for at least 7-10 years. A draft pick is still an unknown, so you have that, along with D Williams who we dont know much about, i know some are high on him but will he outproduce hunt? No. And Kelce is getting a bit older so i feel like this teams window is closing. They do have a young Qb who they can build around for a long time but will we see the kind of offensive production without Hill that we saw with Hill? My guess is no and not even close. You also have that Baker and Odell hookup about to happen for the next 4-5 years for sure. Its just so hard to win a super bowl, many teams that are "supposed to win" or "win multiple super bowls" never do. Legion Of Boom was supposed to dominate for a decade, Greatest Show on Turf the same thing. Even the Pats went 10 years of Tom Bradys Freaking prime of not winning a super bowl. Are the Chiefs really ever going to be in the position they were in last year again without Tyreek? Id bet thats definitely not happening
Last edited by Patsfan86 on Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.