The Tyreek Hill Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Badkins1121
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: Tyreek Hill

Postby Badkins1121 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:48 pm

Definitely not a good sign that he “temporarily” lost custody of his son.

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:22 pm

Crazy that he could set himself up for something like this after watching the Kareem Hunt situation unfold.

rmacattack6
Rookie
Rookie

Postby rmacattack6 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:54 pm

Hot Take: Hill will never play another snap in the NFL again.
Team 1: 8 Team Standard Scoring, 2QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 3 Flex, K, DEF

QB - Jackson, Stafford, Darnold
RB - Chubb, Mack, Henderson, Mostert, Howard, Coleman, Cohen, T.Pollard, D.Harris, D. Freeman
WR - Hopkins, Thielen, Robinson, Metcalf, M.Jones, Washington, Arcega-Whiteside
TE - Henry, Howard
K -
DEF -

2020 8th, 14th, and 17th overall
2021 2,2,3,3,4

Team 2: 10 Team PPR Scoring, 2QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 3 Flex

QB - Wilson, Brady, , Cousins, Minshew
RB - Chubb, Mack, Coleman, Penny, D Harris, D. Freeman
WR -Thomas, Moore, Boyd, Ridley, Sanders, Jeffrey, Crowder, Campbell, Miller, Sims Jr
TE - Kittle, Hurst, Knox

2020 10th, 13th, 22nd, and 36th overall
2021 1,2,3,3,4
2022 1,2,2,3,4

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:17 pm

rmacattack6 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:54 pm Hot Take: Hill will never play another snap in the NFL again.
I wouldn't doubt it.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:02 pm

https://www.kansascity.com/news/local/c ... 71354.html (just another published report for the same story, in case there's any additional info)

So, now, definitely, Hill is in serious do-do, and (much less importantly) his dynasty owners need to make other plans at WR for 2019, if they can.

Interesting, though, that the child has been removed from Espinal's custody as well. Since she herself filed one (both?) of the police reports. However, Hill and Espinal were hand in hand in front of the press, so I guess I can rule out the potential 'he-said-she-said' element of the situation.

Poor kid.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:02 am

cazzie33 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:04 am "You entirely missed the point. If Tyreek was completely innocent, he and his agent would have made that clear when this story broke. He is in line for a possibly historic contract for a WR. The notion that they would let him be falsely accused and not respond in public belies
logic. The fact that they remained conspicuously silent speaks volumes. He may not be charged, but that in no way means he is innocent....As a fantasy owner, it would be foolish not to take this into account. His value is permanently damaged. "

That is entirely opinion.

matter of fact most any competent legal adviser would advise you to do exactly what they have done … keep your mouth shut & don't give them any ammunition to use against you. Ever heard of your Miranda rights ?? Any lawyer would tell you to use them and not give them the chance to twist your words.

What you want is a PR damage control response. Again there isn't much to be gained as most have already preconceived notions of what Hill is as a human being. Keeping the story alive in the headlines isn't in his future's best interests. Let the story die on it's own and if you're innocent it will come out in the end. Lastly everyone has the right to not air their family dirty laundry in the public forum. You can either respect that or not but they don't owe you or me or even the KC Chiefs a public response. I'm sure they've spoken with the team as they are his employer and are entitled to know if they are going to have another embarrassing outcome. After Hunt lying to them and then a video surfacing I'm sure the Chiefs have done their due diligence on this one.

Agree that his reputation has been damaged by these findings but as far as we know nothing has been proven.
Lawyers issue denials all the time for their clients, they don’t stay silent. Everyone knows the court of public opinion matters these days. I’m with @dm, the silence speaks volumes, while it may be opinion I think applying simple logic leads you to the conclusion that the silence is not a positive indicator for Hill, unless you’re a Hill owner and are trying to convince yourself of something else. I think the new news also supports this, seems like Hill is working through some very challenging personal issues and the real fantasy fallout is yet to come, good job to owners who got ahead of this.

jenkins.math
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jenkins.math » Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:29 am

I said this in another thread, but I have family that are career social workers. I asked them about this and their response was that a child getting removed is very serious and not a good sign at all.

I actually rescinded my offered for Tyreek Hill this morning as I anticipate a very lengthy suspension or his career being over.

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:43 am

Looks pretty bleak at this point. There goes KC’s super bowl aspirations...
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:37 am

As a Hill owner in multiple leagues, I'm definitely nervous. That said, I've been told by others that CPS mandates vary by state and city, and it's possible they took the child because in this case both parents are suspects, so it could've been a precautionary move. I think if you own Hill in dynasty at this point, you have to hold because you're not going to get any offers of value.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:43 am

ninotoreS wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:02 pm https://www.kansascity.com/news/local/c ... 71354.html (just another published report for the same story, in case there's any additional info)

So, now, definitely, Hill is in serious do-do, and (much less importantly) his dynasty owners need to make other plans at WR for 2019, if they can.

Interesting, though, that the child has been removed from Espinal's custody as well. Since she herself filed one (both?) of the police reports. However, Hill and Espinal were hand in hand in front of the press, so I guess I can rule out the potential 'he-said-she-said' element of the situation.

Poor kid.
Important paragraph (although not unexpected):

Records obtained this week show that the NFL requested documents from Overland Park Police on March 12 asking for any relevant information, including photos and 911 calls, regarding Hill, his fiancee and their young son as “it relates to alleged injuries sustained by the couple’s minor child.” The Star first reported the child abuse investigation into Hill on March 15.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:51 am

ArrylT wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:43 am
ninotoreS wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:02 pm https://www.kansascity.com/news/local/c ... 71354.html (just another published report for the same story, in case there's any additional info)

Poor kid.
Sounds 10X worse than the AP spanking situation a few years. It doesn't take much to remove a kid while investigators do their work. Too early to judge but it certainly doesn't look good. Don't own him anyplace but this is much bigger than football.

Records obtained this week show that the NFL requested documents from Overland Park Police on March 12 asking for any relevant information, including photos and 911 calls, regarding Hill, his fiancee and their young son as “it relates to alleged injuries sustained by the couple’s minor child.” The Star first reported the child abuse investigation into Hill on March 15.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

grandmabetty
Captain
Captain

Postby grandmabetty » Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:11 am

https://www.google.com/amp/s/arrowheada ... ctive/amp/

Some good information here.

If this takes a long time to play out in the courts I could see the NFL putting him on the exempt list while this gets sorted. Child abuse is about as bad of a PR issue as I can think of

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:28 am

WhatWouldDitkaDo wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:37 am As a Hill owner in multiple leagues, I'm definitely nervous. That said, I've been told by others that CPS mandates vary by state and city, and it's possible they took the child because in this case both parents are suspects, so it could've been a precautionary move. I think if you own Hill in dynasty at this point, you have to hold because you're not going to get any offers of value.
Yeah, that's where I stand, too. I really hope it's not serious, for the sake of the boy. But for FF, it's a prayer and a hold.
D3:
QB—Allen RB—Kamara, Jacobs, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Harrison, TILLMAN, Marshall, Jefferson TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington KRAFT PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC RB—BIJAN, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, HULL, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Diggs, Adams, Allen, TILLMAN, Boyd, Woods, HUTCHINSON, DOUGLAS TE—Kelce, Kmet, Schultz, Parham PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, Howell RB—BIJAN, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, HULL, GRAY WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, Myers, Hardman, Reynolds BOUTTE TE—Kmet, Smith, Hurst, Ertz, KRAFT PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: BIJAN, BRob, ZWhite, Hines, TDP, McLaughlin WR: Higgins, JSN, JWilliams, DJM, RMoore, DOWNS, Atwell, TILLMAN, BOUTTE, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, CJONES TE: Trautman, Ferguson, KRAFT, Hooper

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:39 am

Ice wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:51 am
ArrylT wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:43 am

Poor kid.
Sounds 10X worse than the AP spanking situation a few years. It doesn't take much to remove a kid while investigators do their work. Too early to judge but it certainly doesn't look good. Don't own him anyplace but this is much bigger than football.

I agree, though my definition of "spanking" usually excludes getting whipped in the nuts with a tree branch until they bleed, or with a branch, period. That's just me though.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

FantasyDumDum
Role Player
Role Player

Postby FantasyDumDum » Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:42 am

Its definitely dependent on your roster whether you sell Hill at a discount or hold and pray.

If he is your only viable WR you should probably look into selling for some WR depth and picks because the worst case scenario(suspended or banned indefinitely) for you would be really, really bad and possibly devastating to your team for years to come.

But if you have one or multiple other elite WRs you can for sure afford to hold and pray, or buy.
10 team, .5ppr, 1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/1Flex

QB: Brees, Cousins
RB: CMC, D Williams, Drake, Guice, Penny, RoJo, Breida, I Smith, Edmonds
WR: AB, ARob, Ridley, Jeffery, Shepard, Pettis, Miller, Washington, MVS, Callaway
TE: Kelce, Herndon, Andrews

Taxi Squad:

Picks:
2019 1.10, 2.10, 3.10, 4.10
2020 1, 2, 3, 4