What would you do with this orphan?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
bot
All Pro
All Pro

What would you do with this orphan?

Postby bot » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:39 am

For Team 2 in sig. I just took this orphan over on the weekend but have not even had time to look at other rosters and waivers yet. Figured I would crowd source while I get some time later this week and send out some offers to other owners.

How would you attack this roster? Looks like this league has only been around for 2 years so there isn't a "super" team in the league yet. I only have 1 pick in the 4th round so not much I can do as far as the draft goes. Do I blow it up and move Zeke and Adams or try and grab a couple cheap WRs and a TE by moving a RB or 2?? I have had a couple guys ask about Zeke and Adams already.

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Re: What would you do with this orphan?

Postby Gator Sens » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:54 am

I would look to move Williams, McCoy, Mckinnon, Murray, Tate, Cobb, Sanders, Sanu and Olsen. Hopefully that will land you some young upside players and picks over the next 2 years as you start to re-invent this team. Perhaps you already have a couple good picks this year. I have never taken over an orphan team, so I have never gone through the process.

jenkins.math
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jenkins.math » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:15 am

Your team is kind of in a weird spot. For an orphan it isn't bad, but I also don't see that team being a legit contender unless a lot of things break right for you. You're going to have to figure out what to do at QB sooner rather than later also.

Agree with the above and think that D. Williams, McKinnon, and Lat Murray should be able to bring in some value. Not sure how much you will get for the others.

If you don't think you can contend this season, then I would suggest you blow it up. Move Brees while he still holds value. If you do a complete tear down, I would literally move everyone except Adams. You can build around Adams, and he should still be very relevant in 3 seasons which you should be competing in if you get the right value and draft well. Zeke probably won't be in 3 seasons, so take the highest bid on him now if you tear it down.

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:23 am

Doesnt look like you can compete this year, so I think that forces your hand. Sell brees, Fitzpatrick, d wills, and basically everyone else but Adams, Zeke, and mack (and rivers I guess). For picks and young players. With Brees specifically I'd try to either get 1.1+ (and draft Murray) or picks + Rosen.
Try to get as many 2020 1sts as possible.

You're going to need to really rebuild that QB and wr group.
Team #1: 2nd place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens
T: Kelce, Goedert
D: nyj
K: Sanders

Team #2: back to back champion
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: R Wilson, Murray, Watson
R: Swift, Walker, gus bus
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen
T: Kelce, Pitts
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Team #3: back to back champion
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Heinicke, walker
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, Juju
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Team #4 3rd
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0004&O=01

Team #5 4th
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =07&F=0009

Team #6 orphan
https://www46.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0013&O=07

cougarplayer20
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby cougarplayer20 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:41 am

I don’t think I would blow that team up just yet. It’s not a contender obviously but it’s not bottom of the barrel either. I would take the team into the season and see how things shake out and then go from there.

themburns
Starter
Starter

Postby themburns » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:43 am

I think if you blow it up now, you'll get much more than if you wait a year, and it's not a strong contender. I'd look to sell everyone of value and start fresh. Adams or Zeke might be relevant in three years, but the points they score now hurt your draft position.