The Tyreek Hill Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
MickRL
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Re: Tyreek Hill

Postby MickRL » Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:14 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:30 pm
dm1129 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:16 pm I actually think the silence to this point is the most damning thing I can point to. What I mean by that is the Tyreek camp has gone silent. Hill vanished from both Twitter and Instagram after this story broke. Considering the fact that he was in line for a huge contract, if there was nothing to this story, I would think his agent would have been trying to manage the situation and say that Hill is fully innocent of any wrongdoing and this complaint is a very unfortunate misunderstanding between Hill and his girlfriend, Tyreek is fully cooperating with authorities..etc....

Even though I absolutely love Hill as a football talent, I agree completely that his long term value takes a big hit....
Totally agree. The fact he hasn't been cleared yet tells me there is plenty to this.
Or you can say that the investigation has found nothing. Criminal investigations in cases like this do not take a long time, and every day that he isn't charged decreases the likelihood that he will. DCH cases tend to take between a month and two months, and barring some compelling evidence (the kind which would likely have led to Hill already being arrested and charged) are most likely to end up with a 'no findings' result.
14-Team, PPR, QB/2RB/2WR/TE/3FL(R/W/T)
QB: R. Tannehill, S. Darnold, T. Taylor, C. Newton
RB: N. Harris, Jav. Williams, D. Henderson, D. Harris, Ty Johnson, J. Hill, Kerr. Johnson, J. Wilkins
WR: D.J. Moore, L. Shenault, E. Moore, D. Samuel, C. Kirk, D. Mims, J. Crowder, T. Atwell, A. Lazard, R. Higgins
TE: M.Andrews, R. Tonyan, P. Freiermuth, D. Parham
2022 Draft Picks:All but 2nd

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:55 pm

I'm curious if Hill still has contact with his son or if he's allowed to see him at all. If he is, chances are there's not a strong case against him. Typically, if you're being investigated by CPS for something that serious, they will take the child away and not give you permission to see the child unsupervised. If that's not the case and he still has some form of custody or sees his son without any supervision, I'd imagine nothing comes of this. If his rights have been taken away, then there's obviously more to it and could lead to more legal troubles. Still waiting to see what happens before I make any judgments.

dm1129
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby dm1129 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:15 pm

MickRL wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:14 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:30 pm
dm1129 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:16 pm I actually think the silence to this point is the most damning thing I can point to. What I mean by that is the Tyreek camp has gone silent. Hill vanished from both Twitter and Instagram after this story broke. Considering the fact that he was in line for a huge contract, if there was nothing to this story, I would think his agent would have been trying to manage the situation and say that Hill is fully innocent of any wrongdoing and this complaint is a very unfortunate misunderstanding between Hill and his girlfriend, Tyreek is fully cooperating with authorities..etc....

Even though I absolutely love Hill as a football talent, I agree completely that his long term value takes a big hit....
Totally agree. The fact he hasn't been cleared yet tells me there is plenty to this.
Or you can say that the investigation has found nothing. Criminal investigations in cases like this do not take a long time, and every day that he isn't charged decreases the likelihood that he will. DCH cases tend to take between a month and two months, and barring some compelling evidence (the kind which would likely have led to Hill already being arrested and charged) are most likely to end up with a 'no findings' result.
You entirely missed the point. If Tyreek was completely innocent, he and his agent would have made that clear when this story broke. He is in line for a possibly historic contract for a WR. The notion that they would let him be falsely accused and not respond in public belies
logic. The fact that they remained conspicuously silent speaks volumes. He may not be charged, but that in no way means he is innocent....As a fantasy owner, it would be foolish not to take this into account. His value is permanently damaged.

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:04 am

"You entirely missed the point. If Tyreek was completely innocent, he and his agent would have made that clear when this story broke. He is in line for a possibly historic contract for a WR. The notion that they would let him be falsely accused and not respond in public belies
logic. The fact that they remained conspicuously silent speaks volumes. He may not be charged, but that in no way means he is innocent....As a fantasy owner, it would be foolish not to take this into account. His value is permanently damaged. "

That is entirely opinion.

matter of fact most any competent legal adviser would advise you to do exactly what they have done … keep your mouth shut & don't give them any ammunition to use against you. Ever heard of your Miranda rights ?? Any lawyer would tell you to use them and not give them the chance to twist your words.

What you want is a PR damage control response. Again there isn't much to be gained as most have already preconceived notions of what Hill is as a human being. Keeping the story alive in the headlines isn't in his future's best interests. Let the story die on it's own and if you're innocent it will come out in the end. Lastly everyone has the right to not air their family dirty laundry in the public forum. You can either respect that or not but they don't owe you or me or even the KC Chiefs a public response. I'm sure they've spoken with the team as they are his employer and are entitled to know if they are going to have another embarrassing outcome. After Hunt lying to them and then a video surfacing I'm sure the Chiefs have done their due diligence on this one.

Agree that his reputation has been damaged by these findings but as far as we know nothing has been proven.

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:16 am

from https://clutchpoints.com/chiefs-news-ty ... legations/

"On March 5th, police were reportedly called to investigate suspected child abuse or neglect. Three days later, the case was reportedly closed and charges were not brought.

The second incident was on March 14th, but Hill’s name wasn’t mentioned. The incident did take place at Hill’s house, though, and his fiance’s name was listed on it. The incident on March 14th did result in Hill’s son suffering a broken arm but it’s unclear exactly how it happened.
"

some other article (can't find it at the moment) highlights the fact that he was mentioned in the dismissed case, but not in the following (and current) one.

not really sure what it all means, mind you...

kadun2
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby kadun2 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:02 pm

I think one could question and wonder why this breaking news story is suspiciously contemporaneous with a potentially huge contract negotiation.

whaley88
Role Player
Role Player

Postby whaley88 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:11 pm

Curious how the son received a broken arm in this instance when it shows him in a cast in a picture from earlier in the year I believe from the probowl. It very well could be another broken arm but it definitely adds some cloudiness to the situation.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:24 pm

azthecrow wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:02 pm I think one could question and wonder why this breaking news story is suspiciously contemporaneous with a potentially huge contract negotiation.
What exactly are you suggesting?
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

kadun2
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby kadun2 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:43 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:24 pm
azthecrow wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:02 pm I think one could question and wonder why this breaking news story is suspiciously contemporaneous with a potentially huge contract negotiation.
What exactly are you suggesting?
I’m not suggesting anything. Just throwing out some different perspective and talking points. I don’t know anything about this case because nothing has been proven. It is supposedly a big story and many people are wondering why Hill is being so quiet. He’s being quiet because the bigger it becomes the less money he makes. I just think there might be some people looking at a different angle as to what has fueled this, until we actually know the facts.

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:36 pm

As for off the field stuff, the only thing people know for sure, is what Hill did when his girlfriend/fiancée was pregnant, which was horrendous, everyone agrees. I’m just waiting to hear the whole story on this one, kinda feel like it’s not going to amount to anything just because I feel like they would’ve already charged Hill with something if he indeed broke his child’s arm, this speculation has been going on for several weeks, at this point.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:56 am

TODAY

(RotoWire) Hill will be present Monday for the beginning of the Chiefs' voluntary offseason program, Adam Schefter of ESPN reports.

Analysis: Monday also marks exactly one month since the police investigation of two incidents at Hill's house became public knowledge. The 25-year-old wasn't listed as a suspect on the recent police report, but he was listed on an older report that was closed shortly after the investigation began. Chiefs coach Andy Reid acknowledged last month that the team has discussed potential responses for different outcomes from the ongoing investigation. Hill is entering the final season of his rookie contract.
D3:
QB—Allen RB—Kamara, Jacobs, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Harrison, TILLMAN, Marshall, Jefferson TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington KRAFT PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC RB—BIJAN, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, HULL, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Diggs, Adams, Allen, TILLMAN, Boyd, Woods, HUTCHINSON, DOUGLAS TE—Kelce, Kmet, Schultz, Parham PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, Howell RB—BIJAN, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, HULL, GRAY WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, Myers, Hardman, Reynolds BOUTTE TE—Kmet, Smith, Hurst, Ertz, KRAFT PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: BIJAN, BRob, ZWhite, Hines, TDP, McLaughlin WR: Higgins, JSN, JWilliams, DJM, RMoore, DOWNS, Atwell, TILLMAN, BOUTTE, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, CJONES TE: Trautman, Ferguson, KRAFT, Hooper

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:01 am

So.. nothing new, in other words.

Spinkso
Captain
Captain

Postby Spinkso » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:22 pm

And then you recall that he beat the hell out of his pregnant girlfriend and his unborn child a few years back. Take off the tinfoil hat. Hill has long been a scumbag.

kadun2
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby kadun2 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:33 pm

Spinkso wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:22 pm
And then you recall that he beat the hell out of his pregnant girlfriend and his unborn child a few years back. Take off the tinfoil hat. Hill has long been a scumbag.
Tinfoil hat :lol:
Yes, that was a bad thing he did a few years back, no doubt. good point

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:26 pm

Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..