The Tyreek Hill Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Re: Tyreek Hill

Postby ninotoreS » Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:07 pm

As Phaded just pointed out, there was video of Hunt. And Elliott's misbehavior had many witnesses, apparently.

With this thing with Hill, if the investigation is closed and CPS take no actions, then we all have to presume the child's injury was truly faultless and accusation to the contrary is just a couple squabbling.

When the NFL has taken action in the past, there was concrete evidence of misconduct, whether or not the law decided it was worthy of prosecution. If CPS clears Hill, that'll be strong evidence in his favor that there was no misconduct at all, at least not on his part.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:31 pm

On the teams where I own him, I’ll stay cautiosly optimistic and hold onto him.

I’ll probably wait until after the NFL draft before sending offers for him.

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:37 pm

I won't own him. I do think that no news is nearly the best news owners could have hoped for to this point. At this point though, his value is permanently damaged in my eyes, because I don't think that KC will extend him to that mega contract they were about to do. Tyreek could be a Redskin or a Dolphin by this time next year. We simply are far from assured of any Mahomes to Tyreek connection long term because of this incident.

dm1129
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby dm1129 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:16 pm

I actually think the silence to this point is the most damning thing I can point to. What I mean by that is the Tyreek camp has gone silent. Hill vanished from both Twitter and Instagram after this story broke. Considering the fact that he was in line for a huge contract, if there was nothing to this story, I would think his agent would have been trying to manage the situation and say that Hill is fully innocent of any wrongdoing and this complaint is a very unfortunate misunderstanding between Hill and his girlfriend, Tyreek is fully cooperating with authorities..etc....

Even though I absolutely love Hill as a football talent, I agree completely that his long term value takes a big hit....

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:26 pm

^^That is actually a great point.

I quickly looked up Hill's twitter; and he posted A LOT and very regularly, if not every day (or multiple times a day).
He hasn't posted at all since March 11th though..

Hottoddies
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Hottoddies » Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:54 pm

ninotoreS wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:07 pm As Phaded just pointed out, there was video of Hunt. And Elliott's misbehavior had many witnesses, apparently.

With this thing with Hill, if the investigation is closed and CPS take no actions, then we all have to presume the child's injury was truly faultless and accusation to the contrary is just a couple squabbling.

When the NFL has taken action in the past, there was concrete evidence of misconduct, whether or not the law decided it was worthy of prosecution. If CPS clears Hill, that'll be strong evidence in his favor that there was no misconduct at all, at least not on his part.
So if a tree falls in a forest and TMZ doesn't get the footage of it, does that mean that it's an upstanding tree?

If a court fails to find someone guilty beyond a reasonable doubt doesn't necessarily follow that one is innocent.
"Smart people learn from everything and everyone, average people from their experiences, stupid people already have all the answers." - Socrates

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:07 pm

At this point for the childs sake, and to a lesser degree Hill's career, that this was all a misunderstanding and a complete accident. I sold already though. Others can do what they want, but I just decided now was the time to cash out.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:11 pm

Don't really care if he's innocent or not. He's developed a trend of incidents and he's off my radar. Never rely on idiots in dynasty. It will always backfire.

MickRL
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby MickRL » Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:16 pm

Phaded wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:26 pm ^^That is actually a great point.

I quickly looked up Hill's twitter; and he posted A LOT and very regularly, if not every day (or multiple times a day).
He hasn't posted at all since March 11th though..
He did post a video to his YouTube account in the last week. As far as Twitter is concerned, it's probably just smart for him to lay low until the investigation is complete, regardless of innocence or guilt, considering the stream of consciousness that can result from use of that platform (see: President Donald J. Trump). A YT video can be edited and prettied up much easier, and the recent video was obviously professionally done, and I can't see Rosenhaus or his counsel allowing it to go out unless they have some level of confidence.

The fact that he hasn't done a perp walk yet is nothing but a good sign, as is the fact that DCH is already involved (DCH won't get involved until a criminal investigation is completed as they can foul up the investigation as they aren't trained for that kind of interrogation).

An these are the hopeful ramblings of a person that bought Hill a week before the news initially dropped...
14-Team, PPR, QB/2RB/2WR/TE/3FL(R/W/T)
QB: R. Tannehill, S. Darnold, T. Taylor, C. Newton
RB: N. Harris, Jav. Williams, D. Henderson, D. Harris, Ty Johnson, J. Hill, Kerr. Johnson, J. Wilkins
WR: D.J. Moore, L. Shenault, E. Moore, D. Samuel, C. Kirk, D. Mims, J. Crowder, T. Atwell, A. Lazard, R. Higgins
TE: M.Andrews, R. Tonyan, P. Freiermuth, D. Parham
2022 Draft Picks:All but 2nd

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:51 pm

Hottoddies wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:54 pm
ninotoreS wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:07 pm As Phaded just pointed out, there was video of Hunt. And Elliott's misbehavior had many witnesses, apparently.

So if a tree falls in a forest and TMZ doesn't get the footage of it, does that mean that it's an upstanding tree?

If a court fails to find someone guilty beyond a reasonable doubt doesn't necessarily follow that one is innocent.
some especially lazy straw man right here
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:30 pm

dm1129 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:16 pm I actually think the silence to this point is the most damning thing I can point to. What I mean by that is the Tyreek camp has gone silent. Hill vanished from both Twitter and Instagram after this story broke. Considering the fact that he was in line for a huge contract, if there was nothing to this story, I would think his agent would have been trying to manage the situation and say that Hill is fully innocent of any wrongdoing and this complaint is a very unfortunate misunderstanding between Hill and his girlfriend, Tyreek is fully cooperating with authorities..etc....

Even though I absolutely love Hill as a football talent, I agree completely that his long term value takes a big hit....
Totally agree. The fact he hasn't been cleared yet tells me there is plenty to this.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

fruity pebbles
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby fruity pebbles » Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:40 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:30 pm
dm1129 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:16 pm I actually think the silence to this point is the most damning thing I can point to. What I mean by that is the Tyreek camp has gone silent. Hill vanished from both Twitter and Instagram after this story broke. Considering the fact that he was in line for a huge contract, if there was nothing to this story, I would think his agent would have been trying to manage the situation and say that Hill is fully innocent of any wrongdoing and this complaint is a very unfortunate misunderstanding between Hill and his girlfriend, Tyreek is fully cooperating with authorities..etc....

Totally agree. The fact he hasn't been cleared yet tells me there is plenty to this.
Personally think there’s a lot to this. Whether they can prove it or not is the question imo.

Flgatorguy87
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Flgatorguy87 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:00 am

I couldn't take the waiting game. I sold already. He generally looks to be an unsavory type of person, and so if not this, when will the next thing happen?
SF PPR 30 man roster 5 taxi 2 IR
QB, 3WR, 2RB, 2TE, 2FLEX , Superflex

A. Rodgers, J. Goff, D. Lock, Ta. Hill

O. Beckham, Antonio Brown, M. Evans, A. Robinson, S. Diggs, C. Sutton, T. Boyd, Jakobi Meyers, S. Sims Jr., Darius Slayton

S. Barkley, Da. Cook, Cam Akers, JK Dobbins, R. Penny, Ronald Jones, W. Gallman, Duke Johnson, AJ Dillon, Darrynton Evans, DeeJay Dallas, L. Perine

G. Kittle, M. Andrews, H. Hurst

Taxi: R. Armstead, Joe Reed, L. Bowden Jr., I. Coulter, Scotty Miller

2021 - 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 3rd, 5th

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:03 am

I wouldn't trade FOR HIM, but did that in one league last year, got me 2nd place and $150. I'm holding him for now, just because I gave up a lot to get him, and just crossing my fingers. Obviously, I hope his kid is okay, and safe, wife too.
D3:
QB—Allen RB—Kamara, Jacobs, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Harrison, TILLMAN, Marshall, Jefferson TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington KRAFT PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC RB—BIJAN, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, HULL, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Diggs, Adams, Allen, TILLMAN, Boyd, Woods, HUTCHINSON, DOUGLAS TE—Kelce, Kmet, Schultz, Parham PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, Howell RB—BIJAN, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, HULL, GRAY WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, Myers, Hardman, Reynolds BOUTTE TE—Kmet, Smith, Hurst, Ertz, KRAFT PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: BIJAN, BRob, ZWhite, Hines, TDP, McLaughlin WR: Higgins, JSN, JWilliams, DJM, RMoore, DOWNS, Atwell, TILLMAN, BOUTTE, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, CJONES TE: Trautman, Ferguson, KRAFT, Hooper

Flgatorguy87
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Flgatorguy87 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:37 am

Actually just traded for him last year and he helped me win the championship, so I didn't hate shipping him back out quite as much.
SF PPR 30 man roster 5 taxi 2 IR
QB, 3WR, 2RB, 2TE, 2FLEX , Superflex

A. Rodgers, J. Goff, D. Lock, Ta. Hill

O. Beckham, Antonio Brown, M. Evans, A. Robinson, S. Diggs, C. Sutton, T. Boyd, Jakobi Meyers, S. Sims Jr., Darius Slayton

S. Barkley, Da. Cook, Cam Akers, JK Dobbins, R. Penny, Ronald Jones, W. Gallman, Duke Johnson, AJ Dillon, Darrynton Evans, DeeJay Dallas, L. Perine

G. Kittle, M. Andrews, H. Hurst

Taxi: R. Armstead, Joe Reed, L. Bowden Jr., I. Coulter, Scotty Miller

2021 - 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 3rd, 5th