The Tyreek Hill Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Ice
Legend
Legend

Re: Tyreek investigation

Postby Ice » Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:45 am

ninotoreS wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:37 am The NFL is hardly an advocate of social justice in reality. What they do along these lines is cynically rooted in protection of brand. It makes for a culture of double-standard and faux-principles, reflected by their inconsistent enforcement of those supposed values.
Oh I agree, they are not an advocate. They are as much a part of double standards as social justice warriors, both of which have an agenda.

Brand management drives their decisions and frankly that is true for any massive business that relies on the public.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

zeeshan2
Captain
Captain

Postby zeeshan2 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:24 am

Glazer reporting that Hill was shopped around at the start of free agency due to his upcoming contract

https://twitter.com/TheAthleticNFL/stat ... 9935042565

"It’s members in the forum. Basically, Crystals mom called the cops March 5th because she thought they went out and left the child alone, when in fact Hills parents were babysitting. Hill got upset, led to a big falling out with the fiancée. She went back to her parents and either told them it happened or they concocted a story about Tyreek being responsible for the kids broken arm in January. Cops investigated again March 14th.

Little more to it. Guess a member or two has talked to someone close to Tyreeks family or something. Her family doesn’t like him (understandably), mother is very controlling etc, jealous that his family babysits all the time. Tyreek had enough of the drama and threatened to leave her. This is how they’re getting back at him. Basically no abuse, all family drama and they are 80% sure he’ll be completely cleared."

This is from some Chiefs blog so take it with a grain of salt

https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthr ... 3&page=275

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:24 am

zeeshan2 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:24 am Glazer reporting that Hill was shopped around at the start of free agency due to his upcoming contract

https://twitter.com/TheAthleticNFL/stat ... 9935042565

"It’s members in the forum. Basically, Crystals mom called the cops March 5th because she thought they went out and left the child alone, when in fact Hills parents were babysitting. Hill got upset, led to a big falling out with the fiancée. She went back to her parents and either told them it happened or they concocted a story about Tyreek being responsible for the kids broken arm in January. Cops investigated again March 14th.

Little more to it. Guess a member or two has talked to someone close to Tyreeks family or something. Her family doesn’t like him (understandably), mother is very controlling etc, jealous that his family babysits all the time. Tyreek had enough of the drama and threatened to leave her. This is how they’re getting back at him. Basically no abuse, all family drama and they are 80% sure he’ll be completely cleared."

This is from some Chiefs blog so take it with a grain of salt

https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthr ... 3&page=275
Anything can be true at this point but if it really is something as petty as that wouldn't you think that Millions and Millions of dollars would be enough to deter such pettiness? I would assume Hill's Fiance and her family are not extremely wealthy (at least not 50 million wealthy). Logically I'd say that there's probably a lot more to the story than a jealous step mom but anything could be true

UATahoe
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby UATahoe » Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:38 am

Baby mama drama is real. Women can be just as crazy. LOL
12 Team PPR League 1Qb 2Rb 3Wr 1Flex 1Te 1Def 1K

1 QB Mahomes, Dak Prescott
2 RB Mixon, Kamara, Melvin Gordon, Nick Chubb, Royce Freeman, Justice Hill, Boston Scott, Ito Smith
3 WR Godwin, K. Allen, A. Cooper, S. Watkins, DJ Moore, Michael Gallup, Kelvin Harmon, Martavis Bryant, Core Coleman(IR) Preston Williams(IR)
1 TE Mark Andrews, H. Henry, H. Hurst, Ian Thomas, Goedert
D/ST Bears
K Zane Gonzalez

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:52 am

UATahoe wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:38 am Baby mama drama is real. Women can be just as crazy. LOL
#BitchesBeTriflin

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:14 pm

Some reports saying Tyreek Hill was on the block before the investigation. Not sure if there is any truth to it.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:24 pm

Seems someone here mentioned a similar scenario, eerily like the one McCoy went through where the relationship was a toxic one and about to come to an end. Not saying that this story is any more proven as fact but those that "knew" Hill injuring his son had to be true because of Hill's previous record need to do some self reflection on why they were so eager to see his world crumble.

While I don't like seeing anyone get away with or being rewarded while doing unethical acts I try to understand that quite often we have no clue what their reality is... Good or Bad. So I try to refrain from judging until there's a pretty much certain gathering of information from all sides. Public persona isn't always reality ... well maybe if you're R.Kelly :nono:

jenkins.math
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jenkins.math » Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:00 pm

cazzie33 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:24 pm Seems someone here mentioned a similar scenario, eerily like the one McCoy went through where the relationship was a toxic one and about to come to an end. Not saying that this story is any more proven as fact but those that "knew" Hill injuring his son had to be true because of Hill's previous record need to do some self reflection on why they were so eager to see his world crumble.

While I don't like seeing anyone get away with or being rewarded while doing unethical acts I try to understand that quite often we have no clue what their reality is... Good or Bad. So I try to refrain from judging until there's a pretty much certain gathering of information from all sides. Public persona isn't always reality ... well maybe if you're R.Kelly :nono:
This is such a pretentious statement. I personally have tried not to comment at all on this story because the truth of the matter is that only a handful of people really know what happened and I don't think those handful are on the board. This reads as the public is trying to hold down Tyreek Hill for some unknown reason.

With Hill's past; the statistics show he is likely to commit an act of domestic violence again. So nobody should be shocked when people jump to conclusions in this case and gather the pitchforks. There are plenty of people that believe Hill's first act was so reprehensible that he shouldn't be allowed to play in the NFL and that punching a pregnant woman in the stomach should disqualify you from making millions of dollars. Plenty of people on that fence feel like Hill wasn't properly punished for his initial crime. "Well he slipped in the draft" isn't exactly a fitting punishment for assaulting a woman and unborn child, and I highly suspect most would agree.

You may be refraining from judging Tyreek Hill, but you are certainly quick to judge those individuals who have condemned him. Just sayin...

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:12 pm

Likely to commit is simply conjecture.

Once the investigation is complete then we all will have a better idea as to what fault is with T. Hill if any.

Of course many have opinions but those are not facts.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

grandmabetty
Captain
Captain

Tyreek Hill

Postby grandmabetty » Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:59 pm

are we feeling better about Hill now? since the news broke that he was being investigated i have heard Zilch and the panic has died down. I traded him the day after the news broke and it was hard to do as he was the crown jewel of my team. At the time there were people that wouldn't even trade for him. I'm wondering if that has changed. Is Hills situation any better than it was when the news broke or not?

Forza_Azzurri
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Tyreek Hill

Postby Forza_Azzurri » Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:04 pm

I think it’s mistake to assume no news is good news ... IMO, whether or not the Chiefs draft a WR early will indicate how much trouble he is in.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:32 pm

Yeah..
Lets not forget; the Hunt news broke and really it did not escalate as quickly until the video was released (which was long after the intitial reports).

Without videos these things take time.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:49 pm

No news clearly is good news to this point in time... but yeah, Hill is still far from out of the woods. He won't be safe until investigators publicly confirm the investigation is closed, with no charges (for Hill). I think in that scenario he won't be suspended, because it would all boil down to 'he said she said' between a couple.
Forza_Azzurri wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:04 pm IMO, whether or not the Chiefs draft a WR early will indicate how much trouble he is in.
This is probably a really good point, though.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

Hottoddies
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Hottoddies » Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:01 pm

ninotoreS wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:49 pm No news clearly is good news to this point in time... but yeah, Hill is still far from out of the woods. He won't be safe until investigators publicly confirm the investigation is closed, with no charges (for Hill). I think in that scenario he won't be suspended, because it would all boil down to 'he said she said' between a couple.
The NFL didn't really seem to care if either Hunt or Elliott were charged with a crime.
"Smart people learn from everything and everyone, average people from their experiences, stupid people already have all the answers." - Socrates

Forza_Azzurri
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Forza_Azzurri » Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:03 pm

Hottoddies wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:01 pm
ninotoreS wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:49 pm No news clearly is good news to this point in time... but yeah, Hill is still far from out of the woods. He won't be safe until investigators publicly confirm the investigation is closed, with no charges (for Hill). I think in that scenario he won't be suspended, because it would all boil down to 'he said she said' between a couple.
The NFL didn't really seem to care if either Hunt or Elliott were charged with a crime.
True, but in this case if he’s not charged he maybe gets 4-6 games ... if he is charged, his career is over.