Making Offers Public on Trade Bait

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Making Offers Public on Trade Bait

Postby abloom » Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:46 pm

killer_of_giants wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:40 pm
makemeasandwich wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:32 pm Sure, but usually I'm so far apart with the two owners I mentioned, that a counter would literally involve completely different players on their side, not a slight change.
more to get the message across. if you receive an offer that you find "offensive" (never understood this by the way), counter with something you feel it is equally as "offensive".
Right after startup draft I got a ton of horrible offers for Nuk (1st round pick), so for each deal i countered with the same round players in the other direction. Was fun.
Team #1: 2nd place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, Fields, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens, wilson
T: Kelce, Goedert, Thomas, woods
D: cle, nyj
K: Sanders

Team #2: back to back champion
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: R Wilson, Murray, Watson, Browning, Rudolph, Zappe
R: Swift, Walker, Dobbins, gus bus
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen, Nuk, Tre tucker, C Samuel,
T: Kelce, Pitts
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Team #3: back to back champion
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Heinicke, walker
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, Juju
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Team #4 3rd
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2023/ ... =0004&O=01

Team #5 4th
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2023/ ... =0009&O=01

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:47 pm

I am late to the party here but I would not be real thrilled if an offer I made was publicly mocked. Obviously I would get over it and move on, but I don't see the point of doing that to another owner.

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:53 pm

You're arguing semantics.

The bottom line is that you can create a bidding war simply by messaging the entire league that "Player X is on the block. I have multiple offers that I am considering. If you're interested in Player X, send an offer." This would create the same effect without posting specifics, as you're doing.

If an owner sends an offer that you deem very far apart, just reply and let them know how you value the player and that a deal is unlikely to be made based on how far apart your valuations are.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

makemeasandwich
Captain
Captain

Postby makemeasandwich » Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:11 pm

Gator Sens wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:47 pm I am late to the party here but I would not be real thrilled if an offer I made was publicly mocked. Obviously I would get over it and move on, but I don't see the point of doing that to another owner.
I’m not publicly mocking them lol, putting it on trade bait with their consent.

RB6
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby RB6 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:25 pm

makemeasandwich wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:33 pm
RB6 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:31 pm I'd be irate if my offers were made public. Negotiations are private. It also makes you look petty and untrustworthy.
But why would you be so mad and why does it make me look untrustworthy? I'm completely transparent with them and tell them I'm putting their offer on the trade bait, if they say no, I don't.
The OP, quoted below, shows you aren't being up front that you will be making offers public. A trade offer sent only to you is a private message, ensuring my privacy as well. You being misleading in this thread alone, shows how untrustworthy you are.
makemeasandwich wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:57 amLately I've been setting my trade bait up making offers I receive on players public as such:

Needs: WR

**Jared Cook**
Offer1: Goedert, Humphries, 3.05
Offer2: Hyde, '21 1st

It's drawn the ire of a few league mates calling it "lazy" and not wanting their offers public, but I'm a little confused about their outrage, I couldn't care less if someone posted an offer I made on a player. Would you have an issue if someone in your league sold players in this manner?
.5PPR 1Q/3W/2R/1T/1SF/2F
LJax, Burrow, Carr, Huntley, Heinicke, Cunningham
Adams, Kupp, Deebo, M Brown, Kirk, Wiliams, C Samuel, Palmer, E. Moore, Hodgins, Hutchinson
CMC, Barkley, Mostert, Ford, Moss, Dobbins, Dillon, Kelley, Tucker
Andrews, Higbee

PPR 1Q/3W/2R/1T/1SF/2F
Mahomes, Purdy, Dalton, Henicke, Trask, Zappe
Henry, Pacheco, Robinson, Wilson, Ford, Chandler, Deuce
Hill, Kupp, Shaheed, Toney, Lazard, Metchie, Mingo, Slayton, Shenault, Atwell, Hutchinson
Pitts, Waller, Washington

PPR Best Ball Dynasty SF .5TEP
Stroud, Cousins, Willis, Mariota, Cunningham
Walker, J Cook, Miller, Zamir, Rodriguez, Carter, Penny
St. Brown, Aiyuk, DJ Moore, London, Doubs, Metchie, Scott, Claypool
Kincaid, Dulcich, Fant, Turner, Hurst

dizzler
Role Player
Role Player

Postby dizzler » Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:20 pm

Play stupid games; win stupid prizes. ( in this case lose prizes)

I'd blacklist you from any trades if I were in a league with you if that happened to one of my offers. A) I'd never consent to allowing you to post it in the first place so if you did, the trust is out the window. B) Anyone that allows that is questionable as an owner to allow you to post an offer hoping someone ups your offer. If I made the offer, that's what I want to pay. Idgaf that Jimmy from team 3's offer was better than mine.

As far as getting low balled, if someone consistently sends you dog-bleep offers, send the same back. I used to always get bad offers for Zeke or Kamara. Worst one being Zeke for Drake and 2 2019 2nds ( this was 2 years ago). No reason to get offended, just sent him an equally shitty counter of Zeke for 1.01, 1.03, Amari Cooper, CmC, Drake, Julio. Then when he said this is far off, I replied now we both understand what bleep offers look like. Haven't seen a horrible offer from him since. All handled privately and efficiently.
Team 1 - Super Kamario Bros (12 Team - PPR) ( QB -1 , RB -2 , WR - 2, Te -1, FLX - 1, SuperFLX - 1, DP - 2, K- 1)
QB -Wentz, Newton, Ryan, Haskins (R)
RB -Zeke, Kamara, Drake, Ballage; Thompson, Ajayi
WR - D Hopkins, Julio, A. Miller, Coutee, AJ Brown (R) , Marvin Jones, Mclaurin (R),
Te -Delanie, Ebron, Oliver (R)
2020:3, 4, 4, 4, 5, 5
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Kerryon Luggage (12 Team - 2TE PPR) ( QB -1 , RB -2 , WR - 2, Te -2, FLX - 1, SuperFLX - 1, DP - 2, K- 1)
QB - Jimmy G, Josh Allen, Mariota
RB - Kerryon, Jamaal Will, Drake, Ballage, Miles Sanders (R), Justice Hill (R), Myles Gaskins (R)
Wr - Micheal Thomas, Zay Jones, Curtis Samuel, Crowder, Coutee, Aj Brown (R), Marquise Brown (R), Keesean Johnson (R), Kelvin Harmon (R)
Te- Engram, Oj Howard, Josh Oliver (R)
2020: 3,3,3, 5

makemeasandwich
Captain
Captain

Postby makemeasandwich » Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:31 pm

dizzler wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:20 pm Play stupid games; win stupid prizes. ( in this case lose prizes)

I'd blacklist you from any trades if I were in a league with you if that happened to one of my offers. A) I'd never consent to allowing you to post it in the first place so if you did, the trust is out the window. B) Anyone that allows that is questionable as an owner to allow you to post an offer hoping someone ups your offer. If I made the offer, that's what I want to pay. Idgaf that Jimmy from team 3's offer was better than mine.

As far as getting low balled, if someone consistently sends you dog-bleep offers, send the same back. I used to always get bad offers for Zeke or Kamara. Worst one being Zeke for Drake and 2 2019 2nds ( this was 2 years ago). No reason to get offended, just sent him an equally shitty counter of Zeke for 1.01, 1.03, Amari Cooper, CmC, Drake, Julio. Then when he said this is far off, I replied now we both understand what bleep offers look like. Haven't seen a horrible offer from him since. All handled privately and efficiently.
"I'd blacklist you from any trades if I were in a league with you"... This seems to be the general sentiment towards the idea, anyone have openings in their leagues?

M-Dub
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby M-Dub » Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:41 pm

makemeasandwich wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:31 pm "I'd blacklist you from any trades if I were in a league with you"... This seems to be the general sentiment towards the idea, anyone have openings in their leagues?
Setting aside for a moment whether or not the behavior in question is appropriate, why on earth would you want to play in a league where nobody wants to trade with you?
Both are 12-team 1QB PPR dynasties

🦬PRIME🦬
QB: Hurts, Howell
RB: Mixon, Jones, Sanders, Dobbins, Akers, Roschon, Dowdle, Kelley
WR: Nuk, Godwin, Cooper, Lockett, Flowers, Chark, Collins, Hollins, Tillman, Tolbert
TE: Hockenson, Chig, Trautman
Taxi: Willis, Z. White, M. Mims, T. Palmer

Hull Awaits
$450 cap, 60 contract years

QB: Lawrence $5/3, Richardson $5/5, Minshew $1/0, Jones $1/0, Heinicke $1/0, Tyrod $1/0
RB: Achane $4/4, Warren $2/4, Roschon $7/5, Dillon $4/1, Hubbard $2/1, Kelley $1/0
WR: Nuk $78/1, MT $25/1, M. Williams $1/0, JSN $21/5, Reed $4/5, Rice $4/5, M. Wilson $2/5
TE: Thomas $1/0, Hill $1/0, Parham $1/0

makemeasandwich
Captain
Captain

Postby makemeasandwich » Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:44 pm

M-Dub wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:41 pm
makemeasandwich wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:31 pm "I'd blacklist you from any trades if I were in a league with you"... This seems to be the general sentiment towards the idea, anyone have openings in their leagues?
Setting aside for a moment whether or not the behavior in question is appropriate, why on earth would you want to play in a league where nobody wants to trade with you?
I was kidding... Dry humor doesn't convey well over forum posts I guess...

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:12 pm

well i did get it... :)

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:14 pm

You say your motivation for doing this is because you keep getting bad offers, but the one you posted seems like would have been a big overpay for Cook and was in your favor. Definitely feels like you're trying to get a bidding war going and doing it in an unethical manner.

makemeasandwich
Captain
Captain

Postby makemeasandwich » Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:38 pm

Goddard wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:14 pm You say your motivation for doing this is because you keep getting bad offers, but the one you posted seems like would have been a big overpay for Cook and was in your favor. Definitely feels like you're trying to get a bidding war going and doing it in an unethical manner.
I disagree with your evaluation of Cook, but that's beyond the scope of this thread. Where is the /kill thread button, as this is getting exhausting now.

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:40 pm

makemeasandwich wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:38 pm
Goddard wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:14 pm You say your motivation for doing this is because you keep getting bad offers, but the one you posted seems like would have been a big overpay for Cook and was in your favor. Definitely feels like you're trying to get a bidding war going and doing it in an unethical manner.
I disagree with your evaluation of Cook, but that's beyond the scope of this thread. Where is the /kill thread button, as this is getting exhausting now.
Even if you disagree, getting any 1st for Cook is not a "bad offer." And this is getting exhausting because you don't like the responses you're getting and thought more people would be on your side and tell you what you did was ok.

makemeasandwich
Captain
Captain

Postby makemeasandwich » Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:41 pm

Goddard wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:40 pm
Even if you disagree, getting any 1st for Cook is not a "bad offer." And this is getting exhausting because you don't like the responses you're getting and thought more people would be on your side and tell you what you did was ok.
What did I do that was unethical if I told the people I was posting their offers on trade bait before I posted them?

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:47 pm

makemeasandwich wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:41 pm
Goddard wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:40 pm

What did I do that was unethical if I told the people I was posting their offers on trade bait before I posted them?
First, your initial post doesn't say anything about you letting the other owners know that you're going to post their offers on the trade bait. Maybe you mentioned that later, but I didn't read every single response. And even if that's true, I'm going to assume that they weren't ok with it when you told them you were going to do that, or else they wouldn't have been outraged when you actually did. If you told them and they told you not to, then that's unethical. If you told them and they said that's fine and later became outraged, then that's on them.