Making Offers Public on Trade Bait

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Making Offers Public on Trade Bait

Postby abloom » Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:25 pm

makemeasandwich wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:23 pm
abloom wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:19 pm
makemeasandwich wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:16 pm

I don't do it in group chat, just in my trade bait and I'm not mocking their offer.
no you pretty much are... you're saying that these offers weren't good enough for you.
In my opinion mocking would be going into group chat, posting an offer w/o the other persons consent and ridiculing them for offering me such a steaming pile of sh*t, which I'm not doing.
Well I have to say I disagree with your opinion. I get plenty of low ball offers all the time, I just decline or decline and say that our evaluation is way off.
Team #1: 2nd place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, Fields, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens, wilson
T: Kelce, Goedert, Thomas, woods
D: cle, nyj
K: Sanders

Team #2: back to back champion
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: R Wilson, Murray, Watson, Browning, Rudolph, Zappe
R: Swift, Walker, Dobbins, gus bus
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen, Nuk, Tre tucker, C Samuel,
T: Kelce, Pitts
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Team #3: back to back champion
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Heinicke, walker
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, Juju
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Team #4 3rd
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2023/ ... =0004&O=01

Team #5 4th
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2023/ ... =0009&O=01

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:25 pm

makemeasandwich wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:18 pm It's literally like 2 people who were mad, was just curious what everyone thought here. The 2 people that were irritated by it are serial low ballers.
if it's just two of them, then you'll be fine. until you're close to getting a good deal done and it will fall through because someone is doing the same as you. if that does not concern you and you'd rather not have any offers from those two rather than "low ball" (according to you) offers, than there are no problems, right? unless more players get annoyed by that the longer you do it...

as i said, weight what you gain and what you lose by doing that, and then decide.

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:26 pm

makemeasandwich wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:22 pm No precedent for doing this in my league, just got tired of looking at my trade offers and seeing a steaming pile of horse sh*t.
ever tried with a counter?

makemeasandwich
Captain
Captain

Postby makemeasandwich » Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:29 pm

abloom wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:08 pm You should either be accepting or declining. You shouldn't be saying, sure I'll do this if I can't find anything better.

Now its fine to hold off deciding on a deal and going out and approaching others, but I dont think you should be saying what you are getting from them specifically.

Also you may find this backfiring, what if someone offers a better player for the deal that you are asking people to beat.
That definitely could be an issue, was just trying to find a way to stem the flow of bad offers.

makemeasandwich
Captain
Captain

Postby makemeasandwich » Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:30 pm

killer_of_giants wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:25 pm
makemeasandwich wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:18 pm It's literally like 2 people who were mad, was just curious what everyone thought here. The 2 people that were irritated by it are serial low ballers.
if it's just two of them, then you'll be fine. until you're close to getting a good deal done and it will fall through because someone is doing the same as you. if that does not concern you and you'd rather not have any offers from those two rather than "low ball" (according to you) offers, than there are no problems, right? unless more players get annoyed by that the longer you do it...

as i said, weight what you gain and what you lose by doing that, and then decide.
Sounds like I'd really piss you off if I was in one of your leagues lol.

RB6
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby RB6 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:31 pm

I'd be irate if my offers were made public. Negotiations are private. It also makes you look petty and untrustworthy.
.5PPR 1Q/3W/2R/1T/1SF/2F
LJax, Burrow, Carr, Huntley, Heinicke, Cunningham
Adams, Kupp, Deebo, M Brown, Kirk, Wiliams, C Samuel, Palmer, E. Moore, Hodgins, Hutchinson
CMC, Barkley, Mostert, Ford, Moss, Dobbins, Dillon, Kelley, Tucker
Andrews, Higbee

PPR 1Q/3W/2R/1T/1SF/2F
Mahomes, Purdy, Dalton, Henicke, Trask, Zappe
Henry, Pacheco, Robinson, Wilson, Ford, Chandler, Deuce
Hill, Kupp, Shaheed, Toney, Lazard, Metchie, Mingo, Slayton, Shenault, Atwell, Hutchinson
Pitts, Waller, Washington

PPR Best Ball Dynasty SF .5TEP
Stroud, Cousins, Willis, Mariota, Cunningham
Walker, J Cook, Miller, Zamir, Rodriguez, Carter, Penny
St. Brown, Aiyuk, DJ Moore, London, Doubs, Metchie, Scott, Claypool
Kincaid, Dulcich, Fant, Turner, Hurst

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:32 pm

makemeasandwich wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:29 pm
abloom wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:08 pm You should either be accepting or declining. You shouldn't be saying, sure I'll do this if I can't find anything better.

Now its fine to hold off deciding on a deal and going out and approaching others, but I dont think you should be saying what you are getting from them specifically.

Also you may find this backfiring, what if someone offers a better player for the deal that you are asking people to beat.
That definitely could be an issue, was just trying to find a way to stem the flow of bad offers.
The best way to cut down on bad offers is to make offers yourself. If you are using the trade block (or equivalent) to facilitate trading you will always get low ball offers because people view it as a list of players you want to trade no matter what. If you have players you want to trade, just send out an offer or two to every single team that you think is fair.
Team #1: 2nd place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, Fields, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens, wilson
T: Kelce, Goedert, Thomas, woods
D: cle, nyj
K: Sanders

Team #2: back to back champion
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: R Wilson, Murray, Watson, Browning, Rudolph, Zappe
R: Swift, Walker, Dobbins, gus bus
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen, Nuk, Tre tucker, C Samuel,
T: Kelce, Pitts
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Team #3: back to back champion
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Heinicke, walker
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, Juju
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Team #4 3rd
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2023/ ... =0004&O=01

Team #5 4th
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2023/ ... =0009&O=01

makemeasandwich
Captain
Captain

Postby makemeasandwich » Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:32 pm

killer_of_giants wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:26 pm
makemeasandwich wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:22 pm No precedent for doing this in my league, just got tired of looking at my trade offers and seeing a steaming pile of horse sh*t.
ever tried with a counter?
Sure, but usually I'm so far apart with the two owners I mentioned, that a counter would literally involve completely different players on their side, not a slight change.

makemeasandwich
Captain
Captain

Postby makemeasandwich » Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:33 pm

RB6 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:31 pm I'd be irate if my offers were made public. Negotiations are private. It also makes you look petty and untrustworthy.
But why would you be so mad and why does it make me look untrustworthy? I'm completely transparent with them and tell them I'm putting their offer on the trade bait, if they say no, I don't.

makemeasandwich
Captain
Captain

Postby makemeasandwich » Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:35 pm

abloom wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:32 pm
makemeasandwich wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:29 pm

The best way to cut down on bad offers is to make offers yourself. If you are using the trade block (or equivalent) to facilitate trading you will always get low ball offers because people view it as a list of players you want to trade no matter what. If you have players you want to trade, just send out an offer or two to every single team that you think is fair.
Good point.

makemeasandwich
Captain
Captain

Postby makemeasandwich » Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:36 pm

May scrap the idea, I feel the ire emanating from the crowd already lol.

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:38 pm

makemeasandwich wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:30 pm Sounds like I'd really piss you off if I was in one of your leagues lol.
yeah, but i'm too lazy to stay pissed off for long.
i still wouldn't make anymore offers to you, and shout out to everyone any eventual offer from you, mind :)

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:40 pm

makemeasandwich wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:32 pm Sure, but usually I'm so far apart with the two owners I mentioned, that a counter would literally involve completely different players on their side, not a slight change.
more to get the message across. if you receive an offer that you find "offensive" (never understood this by the way), counter with something you feel it is equally as "offensive".

makemeasandwich
Captain
Captain

Postby makemeasandwich » Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:43 pm

killer_of_giants wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:40 pm
makemeasandwich wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:32 pm Sure, but usually I'm so far apart with the two owners I mentioned, that a counter would literally involve completely different players on their side, not a slight change.
more to get the message across. if you receive an offer that you find "offensive" (never understood this by the way), counter with something you feel it is equally as "offensive".
I feel like that's throwing fuel on the fire haha

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:44 pm

makemeasandwich wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:43 pm I feel like that's throwing fuel on the fire haha
that's why is fun! :lol: