Which player took the biggest ADP tumble after the NFL draft?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Which player took the biggest ADP tumble after the NFL draft?

Postby jordanzs » Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:01 am

St. Brown took a pretty big tumble last year. I remember him going early 2nd round in ADP right before the NFL draft, and then he dropped to the 3rd/4th.

Lamar Miller dropped a full round.

But the one that stands out to me was Lache Seastrunk. I seem to remember him being a mid-1st kinda guy, tumbling down to a 4th rounder or going undrafted.

Which other players took a bigger tumble in our rookie mock draft to rookie actual draft world?

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Re: Which player took the biggest ADP tumble after the NFL draft?

Postby Valhalla » Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:54 pm

Larger than Seastrunk? Jeez...no one I can think of.
There are MANY examples of guys that have been highly thought of, gone back to school, and then dropped heading into the next offseason's thought process. Guys like Mike Davis (considered top 4 RB if I recall correctly, went back to school, and was then a 3rd-4th rounder). Bryce Love did that to himself, too. Jake Locker was discussed by many to be likely the 1st QB selected, mocked as the 1.1 in many mock drafts. Went back to school and he was, what, a 2nd rounder I think? Mock drafters get things wrong quite often. They are more for fun than a true guide.

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Jason3123 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:32 pm

Isaiah Crowell was a 1st rounder in January/February before going undrafted. Isaiah Ford and KD Cannon were going in the 2nd round. Duke Williams was going really high. Those are a few I remember from recent memory.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:30 pm

Jaelen Strong went from a mid 1st valuation in March 2015 to a mid 2nd by July/August.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:46 pm

Odell Beckham went from top 3-5 in Nov-Jan to late 1st early 2nd come August...largely because he was injured in preseason but also because that class was absurd. Sadly it was not uncommon to see ARob, Ebron, and JMatt drafted in front of him in August. Benjamin, Sankey and Hyde snuck in front of him as well.
Watkins, Evans and Cooks were more understandable.

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:21 pm

I took Ebron in front of Beckham in a draft. And Sankey and JMatthews went before him almost all the time. ARob seemed to last until the early 2nd in most of my drafts.

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:23 pm

I think I remember seeing John Kelly go mid 2nd in 2018 predraft ADP. Then after he fell to the 6th round and got Gurley'd, he became what? An early 4th round kinda guy?

AZK
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby AZK » Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:34 pm

Seastrunk is the biggest I can remember. Marquise Lee fell to the 2nd after being in the conversation for 1.01 prior to the combine and then going to the Jags with ARob.
Ainslie-Rachlin Law, "Our decisions... are guided by the perceived values at the moment of the decision - not by the potential final value."

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:47 pm

ESB was a massive fall. He was pegged as a 3rd rnd pick in the NFL draft and in all the various pods I listen to he climbed all the way up to a back end 1st rnd rookie pick in dynasty. Especially after his decent combine showing.

Then the NFL draft happens and he plummets to a 6th rnd pick. I remember wondering what the heck happened. Come to find out after the draft that he refused to play special teams or stretch before practice. Ouch.

Oddball456
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Oddball456 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:09 pm

Valhalla wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:46 pm Odell Beckham went from top 3-5 in Nov-Jan to late 1st early 2nd come August...largely because he was injured in preseason but also because that class was absurd. Sadly it was not uncommon to see ARob, Ebron, and JMatt drafted in front of him in August. Benjamin, Sankey and Hyde snuck in front of him as well.
Watkins, Evans and Cooks were more understandable.
I had the 1.1, 1.3 and 1.4 that year. Took Watkins at 1.1 and then Hyde and JMatt 3rd and 4th. :(

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:26 pm

Bot101 wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:47 pm ESB was a massive fall. He was pegged as a 3rd rnd pick in the NFL draft and in all the various pods I listen to he climbed all the way up to a back end 1st rnd rookie pick in dynasty. Especially after his decent combine showing.

Then the NFL draft happens and he plummets to a 6th rnd pick. I remember wondering what the heck happened. Come to find out after the draft that he refused to play special teams or stretch before practice. Ouch.
Wow learn something new every day - did not know he had refused to play special teams.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:18 pm

I love following that DFL league where they lay claim to the “home of the early draft” and they do their actual rookie draft before the NFL draft takes place.

I wonder which player from this year will take the biggest value freefall once the NFL draft runs its course? Last year ESB and John Kelly ran away with that award.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:35 pm

ArrylT wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:26 pm
Bot101 wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:47 pm ESB was a massive fall. He was pegged as a 3rd rnd pick in the NFL draft and in all the various pods I listen to he climbed all the way up to a back end 1st rnd rookie pick in dynasty. Especially after his decent combine showing.

Wow learn something new every day - did not know he had refused to play special teams.
Yeah, I remember this. I think his dad had some influence on the stretching thing. "Cheetah's don't need to stretch" or something stupid like that was the quote, I think.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:39 pm

Jonathan Dwyer had a fall similar to Seastrunk.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:49 pm

Vcize wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:39 pm Jonathan Dwyer had a fall similar to Seastrunk.
Oh yeah, I forgot about that name. Good one! Yes he took a huge (well deserved) ADP tumble.