David Njoku Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj
Captain
Captain

Re: Is Njoku a sell?

Postby qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj » Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:38 pm

notorioustot wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:03 am Is Njoku a buy in a 14 team super-flex for the 2019 2.02 and 2.13?
That's a snap accept for me.

GronkosaurusRex
Rookie
Rookie

Postby GronkosaurusRex » Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:47 pm

id buy Joker for that in a 14 teamer

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:55 pm

Ice wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:52 pm
Shoreline Steamers wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:46 am
Ice wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:41 pm

Don’t see him as Kelce or Ertz at this stage
Ertz and Kelce weren't "Ertz and Kelce" either heading into the third season of their respective careers. I don't think you lose any value letting Njoku play out 2019 before making a decision on his abilities/situation moving forward.
Why would you quote 1/2 of a sentence out of context, especially given the complete sentence was so similar to your take.

Hmmm
It's not out of context though. Your take was that you'd easily sell him for a top-8 rookie pick. You said you don't see him as Ertz or Kelce at this point (he's not, but he's only played two seasons). My take is that I don't believe a top-8 rookie pick in this year's class is enough return for me to be willing to sell and I'd rather hold and see how he develops in year three.

And, that if you hold Njoku, he may develop into that Kelce/Ertz level of TE. Additionally, I don't think he's going to lose value if you held him for another season to see what happens in 2019. It's my opinion that selling him at this point is premature. But if you have 8 rookies in this class you'd rather roster than Njoku that's fine too.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

FFChamp
Rookie
Rookie

Postby FFChamp » Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:19 pm

It seems people focus way too much on immediate situation. While I agree that it is important, and right now in Cleveland Njoku is limited in targets, things change quickly. This is dynasty and Njoku is still young. Selling because of situation does not make sense to me. Everyone talked about Engrams bad situation last year and now everyone is talking about how good it is this year. If you had sold him last year and are now trying to buy him, you are doing things backwards.

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:05 pm

After Ertz, Kelce, Kittle, tight end can be a crap shoot most weeks. There are some solid outlooks for guys like Engram this year, but I usually will just try to get a guy from a potent offense then. Sounds like common sense, but Ebron was not really on anybodys radar last year (in hindsight he should have been since Luck loves TEs). Njoku at least has that going for him and in some cases its a nice gamble. Hunter Henry is another good target, as not many seem to be talking about him at this point coming off injury.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:25 pm

I've heard they were talking poorly of him at the combine. Not impressed with where he's at as a football player. I sold him and some change for 1.06 in a SF, and I'm happy with that. Njoku is a great athlete and a decent football player. I'm not sure he'll ever be a great football player, though. I would not sell him for peanuts, though. He's still really young, but the drops and the fact they really aren't happy with him as a blocker supposedly, is concerning.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:43 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:25 pm I've heard they were talking poorly of him at the combine. Not impressed with where he's at as a football player. I sold him and some change for 1.06 in a SF, and I'm happy with that. Njoku is a great athlete and a decent football player. I'm not sure he'll ever be a great football player, though. I would not sell him for peanuts, though. He's still really young, but the drops and the fact they really aren't happy with him as a blocker supposedly, is concerning.
Agree 100%. I prefer my TE's to be on the field as much as possible. If a TE isn't a good blocker, their ceilings are capped. I'd cash for a mid first easily. You can find move TE production for far cheaper.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:57 pm

Orenthal Shames wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:43 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:25 pm I've heard they were talking poorly of him at the combine. Not impressed with where he's at as a football player. I sold him and some change for 1.06 in a SF, and I'm happy with that. Njoku is a great athlete and a decent football player. I'm not sure he'll ever be a great football player, though. I would not sell him for peanuts, though. He's still really young, but the drops and the fact they really aren't happy with him as a blocker supposedly, is concerning.
Agree 100%. I prefer my TE's to be on the field as much as possible. If a TE isn't a good blocker, their ceilings are capped. I'd cash for a mid first easily. You can find move TE production for far cheaper.
:thumbup: BTW, that is a dynamite team in a 16 teamer.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:56 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:57 pm
Orenthal Shames wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:43 pm
:thumbup: BTW, that is a dynamite team in a 16 teamer.
Thank you my friend! It took some ugly years to get there, but it's now my pride & joy (aside from my kids I suppose :lol:).
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:39 pm

The more I look into it the more I have a hard time valuing Njoku as anything more than a late 1st where I'm pretty confident I can pick either Hockenson or Fant who I think I like more than Njoku.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:39 pm

Titans95 wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:39 pm The more I look into it the more I have a hard time valuing Njoku as anything more than a late 1st where I'm pretty confident I can pick either Hockenson or Fant who I think I like more than Njoku.
Exactly!
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:32 pm

Ice wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:39 pm
Titans95 wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:39 pm The more I look into it the more I have a hard time valuing Njoku as anything more than a late 1st where I'm pretty confident I can pick either Hockenson or Fant who I think I like more than Njoku.
Exactly!
I said it on page one, Njoku (at this point in time) is more athlete than a TE. Hes very young though. However Dorsey's comments at the combine tell me that Njoku isnt developing at the pace they would like.

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:17 pm

Ice wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:39 pm
Exactly!
I'll definitely look into this more after the NFL draft and before our rookie draft. If I end up finding myself on board with this opinion, it probably would be best to move Njoku for a future 1st if there's a taker and draft another TE to replace him on my roster. My pick is also late 1st, so probably in range to take Hockenson or Fant. No way I'm carrying 4 TE's. :crazy:

But I would like to find a younger heir apparent to Kelce. That's why I ended up taking both Njoku and Engram in the 2nd a couple of years ago. Hoping at least one of them would hit. TE is pretty rough.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

dark_knite03
Captain
Captain

Njoku

Postby dark_knite03 » Sun Dec 22, 2019 11:51 am

After being injured most the season he's been a healthy scratch 2 weeks in a row. Cause for concern or just chalk it up on a lost season by the Browns?
Est '17 12 Team 1PPR 4-Pass 6-Rush/Recieve TD
Start QB RB RB WR WR TE FX FX SF K DL LB DB
Champion 2021.
Geno, Tlaw, M Jones, D.Carr, White
JT, A Jones, Dobbins,Monty,D.Harris, Reyonds
Dillon,Kelley, Warren, Miller, Hill, Penny, Rivers
Diggs, AJB, Jefferson, Chase, Claypool, Juedy, Deebo,WanDale, Mingo, Boutte
Kittle, Andrews,Njoku
Moody

Superflex Est 19' - - Tiered PPR
QB RB RB WR WR WR/RB TE FX SF K D
Dak, Wilson, Watson
Henry, Chubb, ETN, Swift, Gus, Strong, Ford, Spiller, Chandler, Spears
Godwin, DJM , JJ,Kenaan, AJB, Lockett, Austin, Palmer, Boutte
Andrews, Goedert, Juwan, Woods

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Re: Njoku

Postby bjd5211 » Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:00 pm

It's unfortunate, but doesn't change anything for me long-term.