Postby Phaded » Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:14 pm

I see you Josh Gordon thread..
I see you..

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Re: Damien Williams - convince me

Postby Valhalla » Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:42 pm

ninotoreS wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:45 pm Bemused this thread keeps going and going. So far as I'm concerned, if KC doesn't do anything on Day 1/2 of the draft at RB, it's a given Damien Williams will open 2019 as the starter with majority touch-share.

I'd have thought this thread would have petered out until post-draft. What's everyone still debating? Carlos Hyde? Guy was graded with a 53 by PFF last year.
Out of curiosity...how was Hyde graded in previous years? How was Damien Williams graded playing on the horrendous Dolphins squads?
I really don’t know, because I don’t have a PFF membership, but I imagine Damien wasn’t graded all that well until he was running in the wide lanes of KC.

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:56 pm

Just for fun facts:
-They are both 27yo. BMI 31.
-They have each played 5 seasons in the NFL.
-Through 5 seasons, they both have a cumulative 4.0 ypc (since ypc has been such a big deal in this thread).
-Hyde has more career rushing attempts (827) than Williams has career rushing yards (733).
-Williams has more career receiving yards and TDs than career rushing yards and TDs
-Williams has averaged more yards per target (6.4) than Hyde has yards per reception (5.6). :shock:
-Williams carried a 3.59 career ypc entering last year (career best 5.1 in Reid system). Hyde carried a 4.17 career ypc entering last year (career worst 3.3 in Hue and Marone systems).
-Williams boasts 1.7 tenths lower 40 time than Hyde; Hyde boasts 1.7 hours of free agency before the Chiefs put him on a plane.
-Williams has 7 career games with over 30 yards on the ground. Four came in ‘18. Only one of those was over 51 yards (103). He then put up 129 in the playoffs in the national spotlight.
-Hyde has brought in 71% of his career targets, factoring in a career worst 62.5% 2018. Williams has brought in 78% of his targets, factoring in a career best 96% :shock: 2018.

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:20 pm

Gulp :wave: stop talking so much sense. I’m having rational thought overload.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:25 pm

Valhalla wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:56 pm Just for fun facts:
-Through 5 seasons, they both have a cumulative 4.0 ypc (since ypc has been such a big deal in this thread).
-Hyde has more career rushing attempts (827) than Williams has career rushing yards (733).
-Williams has more career receiving yards and TDs than career rushing yards and TDs
-Williams has averaged more yards per target (6.4) than Hyde has yards per reception (5.6). :shock:
-Williams carried a 3.59 career ypc entering last year (career best 5.1 in Reid system). Hyde carried a 4.17 career ypc entering last year (career worst 3.3 in Hue and Marone systems).
-Williams boasts 1.7 tenths lower 40 time than Hyde; Hyde boasts 1.7 hours of free agency before the Chiefs put him on a plane.
-Williams has 7 career games with over 30 yards on the ground. Four came in ‘18. Only one of those was over 51 yards (103). He then put up 129 in the playoffs in the national spotlight.
-Hyde has brought in 71% of his career targets, factoring in a career worst 62.5% 2018. Williams has brought in 78% of his targets, factoring in a career best 96% :shock: 2018.
Hyde also blew his hammy on his 40 time, so it would have been less, but point taken. Williams will be relevant to some extent, but I still have my doubts that he's the every week Bell Cow for the entire season. I was trying to make the same points as you were about Wiliams in Miami earlier in this thread about him being average at best, but I couldn't put the effort in, because the raw stats already pointed in the direction of Williams being below average compared to his teammates in Miami. There was a reason he was on the bench for all those years. I feel like my Grandmother could do well in this offense. Spencer Ware is still looking for a home, and no too long ago, many though he was the next lead back in this offense, on a much larger sample size. Maybe his injury was to blame. Maybe this offense is just a RB Nirvana, at the current time. Reid will make almost anyone work right now. He may have a guy in mind in the draft. He may like what he sees from Hyde in OTA's. It's really wide open, despite the fact Williams technically has the starting role. I'd still hold if I was a contender, but if I wasn't, I'd take a first in a nano second.
Last edited by FantasyFreak on Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:33 pm, edited 4 times in total.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Hottoddies
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Hottoddies » Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:29 pm

... and I do believe Hyde might be making a tab bit more buck$ this year.
"Smart people learn from everything and everyone, average people from their experiences, stupid people already have all the answers." - Socrates

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:28 am

Hottoddies wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:29 pm
... and I do believe Hyde might be making a tab bit more buck$ this year.
Pure depth signing. No chance he's better than Williams in any way, in any capacity. He is basically there to carry the water bottles for Williams, and squeeze them into his mouth, when he so desires, at an exact temperature of 57 degrees. Hyde is done and DW is the new "Chief", to run all things. Hyde is there to squirt water into his mouth in practice, and carry his bag to and from the parking lot. Nothing more. Williams has played 7 games, and carried the ball over 13 times once!!!! He is an RB1. Written in stone, much like the Arrowhead on their logo. How dare anyone question the undoubted track record this football player has brought into this offense? He has carried the ball 50 times in the regular season! 85 times in total. Nobody shall challenge him! :lol:

OK, i think that was a little over the top. However, it stands to reason Damien Williams isn't a sure fire anything for long in the NFL at this point, just like he has never been. Should be interesting.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:33 am

This is in part why I am so interested in this years draft. Maybe it is every year - but this year especially seems so stock full of potential surprise moves & players values perhaps changing on a dime. I personally do not think the Chiefs are likely to take an RB before Day III but that does not mean they wont. I keep expecting / hoping my Raiders will but they never do :lol: .
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:26 am

ArrylT wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:33 am This is in part why I am so interested in this years draft. Maybe it is every year - but this year especially seems so stock full of potential surprise moves & players values perhaps changing on a dime. I personally do not think the Chiefs are likely to take an RB before Day III but that does not mean they wont. I keep expecting / hoping my Raiders will but they never do :lol: .

That's our Raiders, and yeah, this year I hope they stay away from RB, at least with their first 4 picks.

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:27 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:26 am
ArrylT wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:33 am This is in part why I am so interested in this years draft. Maybe it is every year - but this year especially seems so stock full of potential surprise moves & players values perhaps changing on a dime. I personally do not think the Chiefs are likely to take an RB before Day III but that does not mean they wont. I keep expecting / hoping my Raiders will but they never do :lol: .
That's our Raiders, and yeah, this year I hope they stay away from RB, at least with their first 4 picks.
Which means two of them will be RBs

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:41 am

Nice post. All the stuff the Williams truthers decided to omit from their stats.

Huh
Starter
Starter

Postby Huh » Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:50 pm

thebeast wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:41 am
Nice post. All the stuff the Williams truthers decided to omit from their stats.
Pretty sure the only thing out of that post that I always omit in any discussion about any player is ypc. I never use it for or against anyone because it’s so dependent on surrounding talent. Otherwise I think I’ve mentioned he’s a big, fast dude that’s a so-so rusher with a little wiggle that converts short yardage and catches everything while also being a plus route runner. Check check check check check check

jetsfan5757
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby jetsfan5757 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:09 pm

Phaded wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:14 pm I see you Josh Gordon thread..
I see you..
:lol:
Dynasty League (25 man rosters + 2 IR, non-PPR scoring. QB/3RB/3WR/2TE/K/DB/LB/DL no flex)

QB (1): Herbert, Lawrence, Darnold
RB (3): N. Chubb, D. Henry, J. Taylor, JK Dobbins, Pollard, Singletary, L. Murray
WR (3): D. Hopkins, D. Adams, M. Evans, D.J. Moore, DJ Chark, B. Aiyuk, J. Smith-Schuster, R Bateman, E. Moore
TE (2): I. Smith Jr, H. Henry, Schultz, Tremble

K (1): M. Crosby

DB (1): J. Adams
LB (1): F. Warner
DL (1): D. Lawrence

PS: I often don't revisit a thread after posting. Send me a message if you ever want further thoughts on a comment I made.

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:19 pm

Huh wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:50 pm
Pretty sure the only thing out of that post that I always omit in any discussion about any player is ypc. I never use it for or against anyone because it’s so dependent on surrounding talent. Otherwise I think I’ve mentioned he’s a big, fast dude that’s a so-so rusher with a little wiggle that converts short yardage and catches everything while also being a plus route runner. Check check check check check check
I guess you missed it...but the whole reason I included the ypc stuff is to SHOW how these guys flipped dramatically in their ypc when their situations changed. There’s been some “Hyde’s ypc was abysmal and Williams’ was stellar last year so clearly we know who’s way better” arguments. One of the underlying conclusions you can draw from my post is how flawed that argument is when you take a step back.

Huh
Starter
Starter

Postby Huh » Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:35 pm

Valhalla wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:19 pm
Huh wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:50 pm

I guess you missed it...but the whole reason I included the ypc stuff is to SHOW how these guys flipped dramatically in their ypc when their situations changed. There’s been some “Hyde’s ypc was abysmal and Williams’ was stellar last year so clearly we know who’s way better” arguments. One of the underlying conclusions you can draw from my post is how flawed that argument is when you take a step back.
Sorry, I picked up what you were putting down. I was just hassling the beast.