Saquon Barkley - Dynasty Discussion Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Is Barkley the ultimate sell high?

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:04 pm

RAB wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:56 am I recently traded Barkley in a different dynasty league I'm in for Tyreek, Evans, Aaron Jones and a 2020 1st. Seems like a smash accept offer right? It took me a week to accept that offer. If you own Barkley you just dont want to trade him. He's almost the perfect dynasty player. Stud on the field, young, low risk off the field, everything. If you dont own Barkley you dont get that. The value is on the package side pretty easily but I still hesitated for way too long because it Barkley
Your trade partner clearly has no idea what he's doing.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

MattDeezy
Starter
Starter

Postby MattDeezy » Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:10 pm

Bot101 wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:26 pm
RAB wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:56 am I recently traded Barkley in a different dynasty league I'm in for Tyreek, Evans, Aaron Jones and a 2020 1st. Seems like a smash accept offer right? It took me a week to accept that offer. If you own Barkley you just dont want to trade him. He's almost the perfect dynasty player. Stud on the field, young, low risk off the field, everything. If you dont own Barkley you dont get that. The value is on the package side pretty easily but I still hesitated for way too long because it Barkley
Yes I think thats a smash accept. I recently traded Barkley/Godwin for Evans/Chubb/2.06 (16th overall). So your return was even better than mine!
Sorry to say but I don’t think you got enough.
Team
1Q|2R|3W|1T|2FLX - 12 Team PPR

QB: Love, AR, Cousins, Flacco
RB: CMC, Bijan, Ford, Mitchell, Pierce, Kendre, Tucker
WR: Deebo, Wilson, Olave, Puka, Flowers, Addison, Jeudy, Jamo, Burks
TE: McBride, Kincaid, Fant, Bellinger

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:16 pm

This is the type of Godfather offer you trade Barkley for. Two WR1's, a 1st and an upside RB. You could trade Hill or Evans for a RB1 if you wanted to and still be good.

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:19 pm

MattDeezy wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:10 pm
Yes I think thats a smash accept. I recently traded Barkley/Godwin for Evans/Chubb/2.06 (16th overall). So your return was even better than mine!
Eh I disagree. But we will certainly find out this coming season.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:25 pm

I think that's a good deal for both. I think Chubb will be Zeke like soon. Remember when Zeke didn't catch enough passes? Chubb already made one of the catches of the year last year. To me the difference between Chubb and Barkley is negligible to that of Evans and Godwin. It's a fair deal, but if Chubb rushes for 1300-1400 yards and catches 50 passes, this deal is a win. I definitely think with BOT101's roster and starting requirements (which I know about, but you don't), it works for him for the next 2-3 years.

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:40 pm

Not saying Evans and Chubb and 2.06 is a terrible deal for Barkely, I just wouldn't accept it. Adding Godwin to the Barkley side tough makes it a pretty bad deal, imho, and just mho.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:32 pm

Cult of Dionysus wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:40 pm Not saying Evans and Chubb and 2.06 is a terrible deal for Barkely, I just wouldn't accept it. Adding Godwin to the Barkley side tough makes it a pretty bad deal, imho, and just mho.
Chubb will score closer to Barkley next year.

MattDeezy
Starter
Starter

Postby MattDeezy » Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:52 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:25 pm

I think that's a good deal for both. I think Chubb will be Zeke like soon. Remember when Zeke didn't catch enough passes? Chubb already made one of the catches of the year last year. To me the difference between Chubb and Barkley is negligible to that of Evans and Godwin. It's a fair deal, but if Chubb rushes for 1300-1400 yards and catches 50 passes, this deal is a win. I definitely think with BOT101's roster and starting requirements (which I know about, but you don't), it works for him for the next 2-3 years.
It’s cool to have a differing opinion but why make an assumption like that?
Team
1Q|2R|3W|1T|2FLX - 12 Team PPR

QB: Love, AR, Cousins, Flacco
RB: CMC, Bijan, Ford, Mitchell, Pierce, Kendre, Tucker
WR: Deebo, Wilson, Olave, Puka, Flowers, Addison, Jeudy, Jamo, Burks
TE: McBride, Kincaid, Fant, Bellinger

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:02 am

MattDeezy wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:52 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:25 pm

It’s cool to have a differing opinion but why make an assumption like that?
Ive PM'd him several times. I put my starting requirements in sig. Its deeper than average.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:34 pm

Barkley needs to get you a haul that improves your starting lineup for years, because he will be a difference maker for years. If you sell for short term gain, you will be kicking yourself.

smallxl
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

The Saquon Barkley Dynasty Discussion Thread

Postby smallxl » Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:30 pm

I know Barkley is the #1 dynasty asset. What do we need in addition to a player like Mixon to move him??
22-man, 12-team, 1 pt-PPR; Start 1-2RB; 3-4 WR; 1-2 TE

TEAM 1
QB: Prescott, Foles
RB: Barkley, P Barber, Duke, Gio Bernard, Gus, C Thompson, Breida, Ekeler
WR: A Cooper, Cooks, Lockett, C. Davis, Crowder, Chark, Stills
TE: OJ Howard

Madadamus
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Barkley Value Check

Postby Madadamus » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:16 pm

smallxl wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:30 pm I know Barkley is the #1 dynasty asset. What do we need in addition to a player like Mixon to move him??
A top 5 WR for me, and most teams can’t afford that so he’s usually a guy you aren’t trading.
12 Team PPR Dynasty - DLFS
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 RB/WR/TE, 1 QB/RB/WR/TE, 1 TE
QB: J. Burrow, M. Stafford, C. Wentz
RB: S. Barkley, D. Swift, J.K. Dobbins, C. Edwards-Helaire, R. Penny, G. Edwards, K. Drake
WR: T. Higgins, M. Evans, B. Aiyuk, C. Watson, K. Toney, M. Thomas, C. Ridley, C. Davis, J. Reagor
TE: D. Waller, E. Engram, H. Hurst, D. Njoku, G. Dulich, J. Akins
2023 Picks: 1st, 2nd, 2nd (mid), 3rd, 4th, 4th (mid)

12 Team PPR Dynasty
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 RB/WR/TE, 1 QB/RB/WR/TE, 1 TE
QB: J. Herbert, M. Stafford, J. Winston, D. Lock, M. Mariota, J. Stidham, R. Fitzpatrick
RB: C. McCaffrey, A. Kamara, E. Elliott, J. Dobbin, J. Mixon, A. Mattison, J. White, L. Bell
WR: D. Moore, J. Jeudy, O. Beckham Jr., C. Claypool, C. Davis. D. Parker, L. Fitzgerald, B. Perriman, W. Snead
TE: E. Engram, C. Kmet, C. Herndon, K. Warring
2021 Picks: 1.10, 2.10, 3.10, 4.10

honcho55
All Pro
All Pro

Postby honcho55 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:24 pm

I’m more commenting because I’m interested what folks will say. I’d wager I’d rather have the Mixon plus whatever the consensus is than Barkley in most setups. Unless it’s shallow roster 10 man, which I don’t play.

PS: was typing this while above post came in. Would hands down take Mixon and top 5 WR, not close.
main league, half PPR, all TDs 6, -3 for INT
12 team. 2019 champ, 2020 runner up, ‘21 3rd
start 2SF, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2WRT

QB: T Lawrence, K Cousins, R Wilson, Z Wilson
RB: K Walker, T Ettiene, JK Dobbins, D Gore, J Hasty, D Johnson, L Rountree
WR: JJ, AJB, A Cooper, Juju, C Kirk, J Dotson, N Westbrook-Ikhine, I McKenzie
TE. T Kelce, Pitts, Albert O, D Parham, J O’Shaunessy

1.03, 1.11, 2.02, 2.09
Extra 24 1st

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:25 pm

I offered OBJ and Kerryon (pre-OBJ to Cleveland) and it was rejected.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert