Any Philip Lindsay Believers Out There?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Ice
Legend
Legend

Re: Why does it seem people here don't like Philip Lindsay?

Postby Ice » Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:41 pm

Jason3123 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:34 pm From an ADP sense I guess Lindsay is overvalued because ADP is stupid anyways, but if you want actual fantasy points then you will enjoy having Lindsay on your roster. If you like having a hyped up roster with paper points then you will probably prefer some younger unproven guys who never amount to anything.
I agree 10,000 Percent.

I could care less where a bunch players I don't know draft a player. Fantasy football is like golf. 95% can't break 100 and the majority of fantasy players really don't have much experience.

ADP is Group Think run amuck! ( I have heard all the arguments for it over the years) ADP may help the novice learn a bit but serious players don't rely on it other than a passing tool to perhaps check their value on a player vs the masses.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:01 pm

Lindsay is the type of player that if you got him this time last year; you're laughing because of what you paid.

However, I fully understand the reservations in paying a high price for him. I have 1.10 in one league and would flip the pick for him if I could; but he would not be my first choice in targets.

I would be incredibly hesitant to pay an early to mid first for him. If I got him at a cheap price last year, I could see holding him, riding it out and being happy to have him.

RBs in general are hard to trust in dynasty. There is a lot to like about Lindsay buy also a lot to not trust.

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:13 pm

Ice wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:41 pm
Jason3123 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:34 pm From an ADP sense I guess Lindsay is overvalued because ADP is stupid anyways, but if you want actual fantasy points then you will enjoy having Lindsay on your roster. If you like having a hyped up roster with paper points then you will probably prefer some younger unproven guys who never amount to anything.
I agree 10,000 Percent.

I couldn't care less where a bunch players I don't know draft a player. Fantasy football is like golf. 95% can't break 100 and the majority of fantasy players really don't have much experience.

ADP is Group Think run amuck! ( I have heard all the arguments for it over the years) ADP may help the novice learn a bit but serious players don't rely on it other than a passing tool to perhaps check their value on a player vs the masses.
I disagree 10,000 percent. ADP is the most reliable way to gauge a player's market value. If you're building your team specifically off of ADP then you're in trouble, but I think it's more than just a passing tool. You'll always have players ranked differently from ADP, but it's a great way to sell guys for more than you think they're worth (or buy them for less).

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Jason3123 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:33 pm

dynastyninja wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:13 pm
I agree 10,000 Percent.

I couldn't care less where a bunch players I don't know draft a player. Fantasy football is like golf. 95% can't break 100 and the majority of fantasy players really don't have much experience.

I disagree 10,000 percent. ADP is the most reliable way to gauge a player's market value. If you're building your team specifically off of ADP then you're in trouble, but I think it's more than just a passing tool. You'll always have players ranked differently from ADP, but it's a great way to sell guys for more than you think they're worth (or buy them for less).
This is good in theory and does work sometimes but for the most part individual owners value their players much differently than ADP, so it’s almost pointless. It’s also borderline worthless during the season when you try to trade because of production, individual team’s standing, etc.

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:44 pm

Jason3123 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:33 pm
dynastyninja wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:13 pm

I agree 10,000 Percent.

This is good in theory and does work sometimes but for the most part individual owners value their players much differently than ADP, so it’s almost pointless. It’s also borderline worthless during the season when you try to trade because of production, individual team’s standing, etc.
If you have a player, ADP will give you a rough idea of what they're worth so you can go out to your other 11 league-mates and try to make a deal. One individual owner's ranking of a player might not line up with ADP, but some owners will. Using ADP as a baseline, you can approach multiple owners until one gives you appropriate value.

Also, I'm only talking about offseason ADP. During the season it's worthless. No contest there.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:45 pm

trc wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:20 am
ninotoreS wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:56 pm ...And Elway will probably continue pressuring the coaching staff to give too many touches to the other RBs he actually selected in the draft, whether they deserve it or not (e.g. imo it's stupid that Booker had 51 targets last year, why not keep Lindsay on the field and give him those targets? Lindsay wasn't used in space the way he should be because Elway wanted his draft pick to keep a token role on offense).
This relief of work could actually benefit Lindsay down the stretch.
To clarify, what I meant to imply there is that, based on his profile and my own review of his tape, I think Lindsay should get a few less carries in exchange for a lot more action in the pass-game.

But since Booker is worse than replacement-level as a rusher but average or slightly above average as a pass-catcher, Lindsay was somewhat overused on rushing downs and greatly underused on passing-downs just so Booker could have something to do.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

TampaBay216
Role Player
Role Player

Postby TampaBay216 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:00 pm

I sold him early last year after his first 3-4 games. Ended up getting the 1.09 in 19’. Obviously I wish I would have held a bit longer to maybe squeeze more value, but considering his draft capital, size, injury, coaching changes, and blocking scheme change... I’m happy with what I got for my FA pickup.
Team 1
12 team IDP PPR Single QB

QB: J. Burrow, J. Love
RB: S. Barkley, A. Kamara, J. Williams
WR: C. Lamb, J. Jefferson, M. Evans, C. Godwin, A.J. Brown
TE: S. LaPorta D. Geodert, T. Kelce
DL: D. Hunter, C. Granderson, B. Chubb
LB: P. Queen, R. Smith, CJ Mosley
CB: J. Thompson, CJGJ, P. Adebo

Team 2
14 Team TEP SF PPR IDP

QB: P. Mahomes, A. Richardson , B. Young
RB: B. Robinson, J. Gibbs
WR: T. Higgins, M. Brown, D. London, D. Wicks, Q. Johnston
TE: D. Njoku, I. Likely

Picks: 24’ - 1.10 - 2.09 - 2.14 - 3.09 - 3.13

Team 3
12 team IDP SF PPR TEP

QB: L. Jackson, J. Hurts, B. Young, Rodgers
RB: B. Hall, J. Gibbs, I. Pacheco, A. Kamara
WR: P. Nacua, Deebo, JSN, Sutton, M. Brown
TE: T. Hockenson, J. Ferguson
LB: F. Oluokun, R. Smith, R. Spillane, B. Wagner, D. Greenlaw
DB: J. Brisker, B. Baker, K. Moore
DL: D. Hunter, M. Garrett, K. Paye, Q. Williams

Pew Dogs
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Pew Dogs » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:26 am

... I don’t like him because he’s not on any of my rosters.
12 team, dynasty, ppr, 1RB, 3WR, 1TE, 3RB/WR/TEFlex
QB P.Mahomes, J.Goff
RB J.Taylor, A.Kamara, E.Elliott, T.Pollard
WR D.Chark, B.Cooks, A.Cooper, A.St.Brown, J.Tolbert, T.Marshall, D.Slayton
TE T.Kelce, H.Henry

(League champ somehow)
QB J.Burrow
RB T.Etienne, I,Pacheco, J.Cook, T.Algeier, J.Wilson
WR C.Lamb, M.Evans, M.Pittman, D.Chark, R.Moore, D.Peoples-Jones
TE T.Hockenson

12 Team Dynasty ppr, 2QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,3Flex,TE Premium

QB J.Burrow, G.Smith
RB D.Cook, J.Mixon, A.Mattison, R.Mostert, S.Perine
WR M.Evans, A.Cooper, C.Kirk, N.Collins
TE E.Engram, G.Everett, C.Okonkwo, C.Otton

QB K.Murray, J.Burrow
RB D.Cook, D.Montgomery, A.Mattison, K.Herbert, T.Algeier
WR A.St.Brown, K.Allen, A.Theilen, B.Cooks, T.Boyd, R.Moore, D.Hopkins
TE T.Kelce, D.Waller, R.Gronkowski, R.Tonyan, C.Otton

Johnny B. Goode
Starter
Starter

Re: Philip lindsay

Postby Johnny B. Goode » Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:12 pm

Ice wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:16 am
Cult of Dionysus wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:54 am
Ice wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:49 pm I have seen this surgery many times and he will be 100% by training camp., I have zero concerns with his injury.
Please elaborate on this, cuz from what some posters and reports indicate, could be a serious rehab...

Not calling u wrong, just want to understand on what basis your statement is based on.
I was in Operating Room Medical Monitoring business for decades. I have sat in on about every surgery known to mankind multiple times. I also ran a PT/OT company for a while. My sister is also an OT (Occupational Therapist) at Tier in Houston which is the best in the country., Kevin Everett the TE for the Bills several years ago was one of her patients in Houston. In other words I deal with Surgeons for a living and have a few I ask a lot of questions. As a general rule Surgery technique and technology doubles around every 7 years and I am confident the NFL spares no expense so his care should certainly be state of the art.

Not Claiming to be an expert by any means but I do run the circles of those in the know when it comes to Surgery and Rehab. Obviously, there are no guarantees but in reality the rehab process for professional athletes will be more progressive than the average citizen. Rehab is serious, it is just that when tied to your living there is nothing else to really concern him with but going after it aggressively.

The above are the reasons I have Zero Concerns. Don't blame anyone if they do but the body part in question is really not that complex in the grand scheme IMO. The Ligament heal is a bit more complicated which would affect the rehab timeline but he is really young and given its typically 3- 4 months it shoiuldn't be an issue even if it takes 5 months or more. Late June will mark 6 months.

I own Lindsay in a lot of leagues so I am tracking him pretty closely. Dr. Shin is a pretty well known Orthopedic Hand Surgeon at one of the more prestigious hospitals in the country.
this is a pretty serious violation of HIPAA

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:33 pm

It was national news, but thanks for playing.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:07 pm

Thanks for this post!

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Jason3123 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:27 am

I'm not worried about the injury long-term but I do agree with the poster above who mentioned the fear of him missing OTA's, and possibly training camp with the whole new coaching staff. But Lindsay looked good enough that he should be able to still maintain a strong market share. Freeman, barring injury, will most certainly see an uptick in volume this year. Hopefully it is Booker who is phased out, and Lindsay will see an uptick in receiving.

kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby kmbryant09 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:50 pm

Couple thoughts:

To those who believe that Freeman will run away with the job, man that sounds like some serious owner's bias. I'm a Broncos fan and unfortunately watched every game this season...Freeman is an uninspiring plodder. He did break some tackles, but he's JAG. Lindsay was the spark plug of that offense and at times the only weapon in the field.

To those worried about a new coaching staff, I'm not sure that you realize just how under utilized Lindsay already was from the previous coaching staff. Even though he proved to be a successful runner in between the tackles, Lindsay has the ability to be one of the best receiving backs in the league. He should be deployed in a similar receiving capacity as guys like Kamara, Riddick, Cohen, C. Thompson, J. White, but instead he was deployed mostly as a 2-down back that left the field on 3rd downs and 2-minute drills - ceding valuable touches to fellow plodder D. Booker in the passing game.

I'd be shocked and extremely disappointed if Lindsay's involvement in the passing game didn't expand this year. Especially with how often Flacco targeted his running backs in Baltimore, I wouldn't be surprised if Lindsay flirts with 60+ catches. Give him 190 - 215 carries and you have yourself a borderline #1 RB in PPR leagues.
10-team/.5 PPR/5 Pts per Passing TD. Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLEX (rb/wr/te)
QB: J. Hurts, K. Murray
RB: Bi. Robinson, D. Henry, D. Achane, , J. Cook, Z. Charbonnet, T. Chandler, R. Johnson, K. Mitchell, J.K. Dobbins, T. Allgeier, J. McLaughlin, S. Tucker, T. Bigsby
WR: G. Wilson, B. Aiyuk, J. Waddle, T. Higgins,, Z. Flowers, Di. Johnson, K. Toney, A. Iosivas
TE: K. Pitts, E. Engram, C. Okonkwo, G. Dulcich

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:39 pm

kmbryant09 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:50 pm Couple thoughts:

To those who believe that Freeman will run away with the job, man that sounds like some serious owner's bias. I'm a Broncos fan and unfortunately watched every game this season...Freeman is an uninspiring plodder. He did break some tackles, but he's JAG. Lindsay was the spark plug of that offense and at times the only weapon in the field.

To those worried about a new coaching staff, I'm not sure that you realize just how under utilized Lindsay already was from the previous coaching staff. Even though he proved to be a successful runner in between the tackles, Lindsay has the ability to be one of the best receiving backs in the league. He should be deployed in a similar receiving capacity as guys like Kamara, Riddick, Cohen, C. Thompson, J. White, but instead he was deployed mostly as a 2-down back that left the field on 3rd downs and 2-minute drills - ceding valuable touches to fellow plodder D. Booker in the passing game.

I'd be shocked and extremely disappointed if Lindsay's involvement in the passing game didn't expand this year. Especially with how often Flacco targeted his running backs in Baltimore, I wouldn't be surprised if Lindsay flirts with 60+ catches. Give him 190 - 215 carries and you have yourself a borderline #1 RB in PPR leagues.
I usually don't quote entire posts, bit this one is just spot on from start to finish. Denver misused Lindsay all of 2018. The dude could be the #1 receiving RB, bar none. Yet they hardly ever threw the ball to him.