Any Philip Lindsay Believers Out There?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Philip lindsay

Postby ArrylT » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:34 am

Ice, I appreciate your willingness to share your experience in this. :)
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Philip lindsay

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:28 pm

Yeah, that must be a tough thing to go through
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Mr. Wizard
Starter
Starter

Why does it seem people here don't like Philip Lindsay?

Postby Mr. Wizard » Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:56 pm

Just curious for people's thoughts. Seems like most times his name comes up around this forum, it's in a negative light. Is there something about his game I'm missing that has people cold on him? He appeared pretty explosive with solid vision.
12 Team RealitySportsOnline League, Half-PPR, TEP, Half-PPFD

1QB, 2HB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX, 1SFX **Years under contract in parentheses. Two extensions and one franchise tag available per year.**

QB: Mahomes (2), Burrow (2), Young (3)
HB: Saquon (3), Gibbs (4), Henry (1), Hunt (1), Mattison (1)
WR: Chase (3), Tyreek (4), Kupp (3), Aiyuk (4), Pierce (2)
TE: Kelce (2), Njoku (1)
IR:
Future Picks: 24 2nd, 3rd, 4th: 25 4th: 26 2nd, 3rd, 4th
--
12 Team Dynasty League, Half-PPR
1QB, 2HB, 3WR, 1TE, 1FLX, 1 SFX

QB: Hurts, Prescott, Geno,
HB: Bijan, Taylor, Conner, Gibson, B. Robinson, Herbert, Achane, Miller, Damien Harris,
WR: AJB, Allen, Jeudy, Nuk, Cooks, Davis, Claypool, Shakir
TE: Goedert, Knox, Dulcich, Otton
IR:
Future Picks: 1.06, 2.06, 3.05

PR0v3
Captain
Captain

Re: Why does it seem people here don't like Philip Lindsay?

Postby PR0v3 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:44 pm

Draft capital
12 Team .5 PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/RB 20 man rosters, 5 man taxi est. 2018
QB: Dak, Pickett
RB: CMC, Taylor, Gibson, Dillon, Akers, Penny
WR: JJeff, Hollywood, Olave, Toney, Aiyuk, Jeudy, C. Davis, Boyd, C. Samuel,
TE: Njoku, Gesicki
2023 picks: 1.x, 2.x, 3.x, 4.x

Blueboy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Blueboy » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:47 pm

Draft capital alongside the replaceable nature of the RB position.

collbey
All Pro
All Pro

Postby collbey » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:52 pm

190 lbs

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:44 pm

collbey wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:52 pm190 lbs
avg 13 carries per game at 5.4 ypc. 10 tds.

as long as he's not forced to carry the load he'll be alright. there's no reason he and freeman can't coexist moving forward.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:56 pm

Obviously, he's a great player. His ceiling probably isn't superstar level, but it's easily high enough to make him very valuable in fantasy/dynasty.

Are you sure you're not overreacting to people refusing to value him as highly in dynasty as, say, a Nick Chubb or Kerryon Johnson? Lindsay's a blue-chip at this point, but there are some objective points about him that seem to limit his ultimate upside for our purposes. He's built to be a satellite-back. He'll already be 25 in a few months, so he's done developing physically. And Elway will probably continue pressuring the coaching staff to give too many touches to the other RBs he actually selected in the draft, whether they deserve it or not (e.g. imo it's stupid that Booker had 51 targets last year, why not keep Lindsay on the field and give him those targets? Lindsay wasn't used in space the way he should be because Elway wanted his draft pick to keep a token role on offense).

Even so, Lindsay without a doubt is worth at least a good 1st round rookie pick. So I'm not trashing him. Just being objective about his profile. That doesn't mean I and others don't like him.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:14 am

ninotoreS wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:56 pm Obviously, he's a great player. His ceiling probably isn't superstar level, but it's easily high enough to make him very valuable in fantasy/dynasty.

Are you sure you're not overreacting to people refusing to value him as highly in dynasty as, say, a Nick Chubb or Kerryon Johnson? Lindsay's a blue-chip at this point, but there are some objective points about him that seem to limit his ultimate upside for our purposes. He's built to be a satellite-back. He'll already be 25 in a few months, so he's done developing physically. And Elway will probably continue pressuring the coaching staff to give too many touches to the other RBs he actually selected in the draft, whether they deserve it or not (e.g. imo it's stupid that Booker had 51 targets last year, why not keep Lindsay on the field and give him those targets? Lindsay wasn't used in space the way he should be because Elway wanted his draft pick to keep a token role on offense).

Even so, Lindsay without a doubt is worth at least a good 1st round rookie pick. So I'm not trashing him. Just being objective about his profile. That doesn't mean I and others don't like him.
Well said, but I disagree with the bolded in the sense that he is worth that, but no more, for the reasons you stated earlier in your post.

M-Dub
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby M-Dub » Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:26 am

in addition to the standard knocks on his size and lack of draft capital, I suspect there might be some recency bias involved as well. Other than the week 3 game where he got ejected early in the 1st quarter, weeks 15 and 16 were Lindsay’s worst two fantasy performances of the year. If owners were relying on him in semifinal and/or championship games, they were likely disappointed with those stat lines. Of course the hand injury has a lot of people worried as well.

One of the more baffling knocks on him that I’ve read is that the new coaching staff won’t have any loyalty to him. I can’t imagine a new coaching staff coming into Denver, looking at game film and box scores from last season and coming away with the conclusion that Lindsay wasn’t the most talented and effective RB on that team last year. If anything, I think a new coaching staff will benefit him moving forward. He was criminally underutilized in the passing game last year, so even if he cedes more carries to Freeman, I expect his targets to increase proportionately.

As the OG Lindsay truther around these parts, I’m probably more than a little biased, but it’s not like Lindsay was just a late-season flash in the pan, like Rawls, CJA or Gus Edwards. He came right out of the gate blazing in week 1 and just continued to produce. If not for the hand injury that cost him the final game of the year, he almost certainly would’ve finished as a back-end RB1. Without knowing any rookie landing spots yet, I wouldn’t sell him for less than the 1.02 straight up.
Both are 12-team 1QB PPR dynasties

🦬PRIME🦬
QB: Hurts, Howell
RB: Mixon, Jones, Sanders, Dobbins, Akers, Roschon, Dowdle, Kelley
WR: Nuk, Godwin, Cooper, Lockett, Flowers, Chark, Collins, Hollins, Tillman, Tolbert
TE: Hockenson, Chig, Trautman
Taxi: Willis, Z. White, M. Mims, T. Palmer

Hull Awaits
$450 cap, 60 contract years

QB: Lawrence $5/3, Richardson $5/5, Minshew $1/0, Jones $1/0, Heinicke $1/0, Tyrod $1/0
RB: Achane $4/4, Warren $2/4, Roschon $7/5, Dillon $4/1, Hubbard $2/1, Kelley $1/0
WR: Nuk $78/1, MT $25/1, M. Williams $1/0, JSN $21/5, Reed $4/5, Rice $4/5, M. Wilson $2/5
TE: Thomas $1/0, Hill $1/0, Parham $1/0

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:50 am

Bad wrist injury doesn't help, either.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:53 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:14 am I disagree with the bolded in the sense that he is worth that, but no more, for the reasons you stated earlier in your post.
I personally would be a little hesitant to pay more than a 1st, but I wouldn't fault someone else for paying a bit extra, if they're a believer. I can see Lindsay capable of being another Sproles (Saints era) or Cohen in terms of pass-game usage. Is that worth more than one 1st?
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:57 am

ninotoreS wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:53 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:14 am I disagree with the bolded in the sense that he is worth that, but no more, for the reasons you stated earlier in your post.
I personally would be a little hesitant to pay more than a 1st, but I wouldn't fault someone else for paying a bit extra, if they're a believer. I can see Lindsay capable of being another Sproles (Saints era) or Cohen in terms of pass-game usage. Is that worth more than one 1st?
I thought you meant an early first, because you said a "good first". I was thinking you meant a very early first. I'd gladly pay 1.09 for Lindsay. Maybe just a miscommunication on the value.

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:57 am

M-Dub wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:26 amOne of the more baffling knocks on him that I’ve read is that the new coaching staff won’t have any loyalty to him. I can’t imagine a new coaching staff coming into Denver, looking at game film and box scores from last season and coming away with the conclusion that Lindsay wasn’t the most talented and effective RB on that team last year. If anything, I think a new coaching staff will benefit him moving forward. He was criminally underutilized in the passing game last year, so even if he cedes more carries to Freeman, I expect his targets to increase proportionately.
While I don't think the new staff comes in & relegates him to the bench, they may have very different offensive plans than last year's staff. So no, they don't have any loyalty to him.

I'd like to add that the Denver offensive line was has been terrible the last couple of years. A small improvement last year over 2017, but they are still very low rated. If they get up to average, Lindsay may look even better, or someone like Royce Freeman may suddenly be more effective and cut into Lindsay's play time.

Overall I agree with the sentiment that Lindsay isn't quite on par with the young talents like Nick Chubb & Mixon, but still should be valued very high in terms of rookie picks.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

Huh
Starter
Starter

Postby Huh » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:35 am

Because he weighs 132 pounds. I wish I hadn’t dropped him in the preseason. Sad face. If I still had him I would be looking to trade him. I just have an rb type and that type weighs over 215.