The Tyreek Hill Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
ajf235
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Tyreek investigation

Postby ajf235 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:52 pm

Forget suspension or NFL ban. Hill needs to be in jail. It’s only a matter of time before he does something worse.

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:57 pm

ninotoreS wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:35 pm It's possible the kid broke his own arm while under Hill's care. Athletic kids play hard. I broke my wrist crashing my bike, hurdling over the handlebars at the pavement (better the wrist than my face). You know, it happens. People are right to investigate, though. Ofc.

edit: wait, how old is the kid?

edit 2: Oh, he's only 3 years old. That's bad. How does a quasi-toddler break their arm?

edit 3: It is plausible to me that Espinal supports Hill with whatever narrative is necessary because he's at risk of losing a 9-digit payday that'll set them both for life, and that's partly why prosecutors gave up (e.g. lack of evidence?). The league office won't be as easily dissuaded.
As a father of two of them I can think of about 1000 ways a 3 year old can break their arm.

But not many that would require a police report and the father under investigation.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:02 pm

Vcize wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:57 pm As a father of two of them I can think of about 1000 ways a 3 year old can break their arm.
Ah. Okay. I confess ignorance.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:04 pm

Vcize wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:57 pm
ninotoreS wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:35 pm It's possible the kid broke his own arm while under Hill's care. Athletic kids play hard. I broke my wrist crashing my bike, hurdling over the handlebars at the pavement (better the wrist than my face). You know, it happens. People are right to investigate, though. Ofc.

edit 2: Oh, he's only 3 years old. That's bad. How does a quasi-toddler break their arm?

edit 3: It is plausible to me that Espinal supports Hill with whatever narrative is necessary because he's at risk of losing a 9-digit payday that'll set them both for life, and that's partly why prosecutors gave up (e.g. lack of evidence?). The league office won't be as easily dissuaded.
As a father of two of them I can think of about 1000 ways a 3 year old can break their arm.

But not many that would require a police report and the father under investigation.
I agree but you also didn't choke and punch your pregnant gf though. That probably warrants an automatic investigation, no?

Pew Dogs
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Pew Dogs » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:09 pm

darewood11 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:22 pm Sammy time?
Bump
12 team, dynasty, ppr, 1RB, 3WR, 1TE, 3RB/WR/TEFlex
QB P.Mahomes, J.Goff
RB J.Taylor, A.Kamara, E.Elliott, T.Pollard
WR D.Chark, B.Cooks, A.Cooper, A.St.Brown, J.Tolbert, T.Marshall, D.Slayton
TE T.Kelce, H.Henry

(League champ somehow)
QB J.Burrow
RB T.Etienne, I,Pacheco, J.Cook, T.Algeier, J.Wilson
WR C.Lamb, M.Evans, M.Pittman, D.Chark, R.Moore, D.Peoples-Jones
TE T.Hockenson

12 Team Dynasty ppr, 2QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,3Flex,TE Premium

QB J.Burrow, G.Smith
RB D.Cook, J.Mixon, A.Mattison, R.Mostert, S.Perine
WR M.Evans, A.Cooper, C.Kirk, N.Collins
TE E.Engram, G.Everett, C.Okonkwo, C.Otton

QB K.Murray, J.Burrow
RB D.Cook, D.Montgomery, A.Mattison, K.Herbert, T.Algeier
WR A.St.Brown, K.Allen, A.Theilen, B.Cooks, T.Boyd, R.Moore, D.Hopkins
TE T.Kelce, D.Waller, R.Gronkowski, R.Tonyan, C.Otton

UATahoe
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby UATahoe » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:11 pm

Count me as a nervous owner but good lord. Probably best to wait and see what happened. I get it makes for good narrative to make up what you think happened but people nowadays would rather guess than just wait for information. Lol
12 Team PPR League 1Qb 2Rb 3Wr 1Flex 1Te 1Def 1K

1 QB Mahomes, Dak Prescott
2 RB Mixon, Kamara, Melvin Gordon, Nick Chubb, Royce Freeman, Justice Hill, Boston Scott, Ito Smith
3 WR Godwin, K. Allen, A. Cooper, S. Watkins, DJ Moore, Michael Gallup, Kelvin Harmon, Martavis Bryant, Core Coleman(IR) Preston Williams(IR)
1 TE Mark Andrews, H. Henry, H. Hurst, Ian Thomas, Goedert
D/ST Bears
K Zane Gonzalez

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:11 pm

He won't have to worry about banishment. If he's guilty, he's not playing again.

saw061600
Legend
Legend

Postby saw061600 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:12 pm

Guys in one league are offering the likes of Funchess for him. Brutal.
Agree with some that state we should probably wait and see since he wasn't charged.
Also agree with those that state he should be banned for life if this was a beating that resulted in broken arm.
10 TM No PPR or waiver 85RST
Herbert Fields Garoppolo Ridder
JT Barkley Etienne Ingram Charb CEH
Evans Aiyuk Dionte Jeudy London JWill GWils EMoore JMyers Mims Moorex2
Andrews Kinkaid Pits Freiermuth
NBosa Quinnen DJJones Clark F-Myers Taylor Graham
Darius Okereke Kendricks DCampbell DJones Baker Kiser Brooks
Adams Simmons Vaccaro Joseph

12 TM .5ppr 45 RST
Herbert Stroud Mayfield
JT Achane Kamara Ford Pacheco Jaleel
AJB DK Godwin Aiyuk Kirk ZJones RMoore Thornton
Hock F-muth
LWilliams Payne Reed Greenard
Bernard Kendricks Warner Baker Williams Tranquil
Budda McKinney Clark Wilson

1-2QB 2-4RB 3-5WR 1-3TE 11OFF/DEF
Herbert Stafford Brock Dobbs
Taylor Jacobs Mattison Kyren Jaleel Ford Bigsby
AJB Diggs Evans Kirk McLaurin Dionte Boyd Renfrow JuJu
Kelce Pitts Deguara
Hutchinson Rousseau Greenard Travon Demarcus
QWilliams EJones TBernard Dean ShaqT Kyzir
Amos Bates Peppers Murray Fitz Clark

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:15 pm

ninotoreS wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:02 pm
Vcize wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:57 pm As a father of two of them I can think of about 1000 ways a 3 year old can break their arm.
Yep a 1000 ways. One of my sons fell off the bed at 3 and broke his arm.

Haven't read anything but really not uncommon for a hospital to file a report.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

IR1
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby IR1 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:23 pm

Let’s hope this was just an accidental injury and someone overly cautious reporting a broken bone to the authorities. With his history I’d be concerned but waiting for complete information and the process to play out
10Team PPR-QB/RB/WR/WR/TE/PK/flex-DT/DE/DE/LB/LB/LB/CB/CB/S/S/flex
QB- Herbert, Tua
RB- Barkley, Swift, Montgomery, Dobbins, Walker
WR-Adams, ARSB, JWilliams, Godwin, Metcalf, Allen, Kirk, Flowers
TE- Kelce, Goedert
PK
DT- Buckner, Simmons, QWilliams,
DE- Hunter, JBosa, Thibodeaux, JPHillips, Rousseau, Paye, Greenard
LB- Edmunds, Warner, E Kendricks, Wagner, De"Vondre Campbell, Asamoah, Sanders
CB- Moore, Howard, Reed
S- Dugger, Pitre, Thompson
IR Dobbins, Dulcich
Taxi- Kincaid, QJohnston

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:26 pm

Ice wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:15 pm

I also a couple kids and agree that there are more than a few ways that a toddler could break an arm. My oldest son climbed on a chair and fell over the top of it when he was prob 4 or 5...broke his arm. My wife was just a few feet away. When I was a wee lad, I jumped out of a swing and broke my arm when I was roughly 5. A couple years later, I decided to try to hurdle a fence...result...broke other arm. My daughter is a year and a half now and is getting into all types of bleep that scares the hell out of me, and if she is anything like her brothers...oh boy.

Certainly not absolving Tyreek of potential guilt, because he has shown to have anger/abusive issues in the past, but a broken bone doesn’t necessarily mean abuse. Abuse? Maybe. Negligence? Maybe. Complete accident? Maybe. Tyreek has lost the benefit of the doubt here and deserves to be investigated as potential abuse/neglect/whatever by the law and the league. We just have to see how it plays out.

It certainly doesn’t look good for him right now though, especially in the court of public opinion (which seems to play a large part in league discipline).

jman3134
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jman3134 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:39 pm

Wow. Wait to jump the gun.
12 team, 35 man rosters, 1/2 PPR, 10 round rookie/FA draft
Qb: Geno Smith, Matthew Stafford, Trey Lance
Rb: Jonathan Taylor, Joe Mixon, Austin Ekeler, Saquon Barkley, Cam Akers, Isiah Pacheco, Jeff Wilson, Chase Edmonds, Pierre Strong, Jordan Mason, Jaleel McLaughlin
Wr: DeAndre Hopkins, Mike Evans, Diontae Johnson, Darnell Mooney, Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Jakobi Meyers, Laviska Shenault, Donovan Peoples-Jones, Denzel Mims, Richie James, Michael Wilson, Demario Douglas, Trent Sherfield
Te: George Kittle, Darren Waller, Taysom Hill, Isaiah Likely
K:
D: Dallas D

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:42 pm

A year ago my at the time 2 year old daughter fell 2 feet off a toy rack onto carpet and broke the growth plate in her elbow in 2 different places. It was the freak of all freak injuries. So all anyone can hope is this was a horrible accident either rough housing or somethine of the like and Hill didnt beat his kid. If he did in fact intentionally cause harm to his child, he should be banned indefinitely.

We should definitely NOT say hes guilty without the facts simply because of what he did to his gf years ago.

Elroypedro
Starter
Starter

Postby Elroypedro » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:46 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:04 pm
Vcize wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:57 pm

I agree but you also didn't choke and punch your pregnant gf though. That probably warrants an automatic investigation, no?
Would that make this potentially the second time he has assaulted this child? Now and in utero?
Team 1
10 team .5 PPR, 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1 TE, 1Flex

QB: Brees, Cousins
RB: McCaffery, Guice, D Williams, Breida, Drake, Penny, S Ware, R Jones, J Adams, I Smith
WR: A Brown, Jeffery, Robinson, Ridley, Pettis, Miller, Shepard, Callaway, MVS, Washington
TE: Kelce, Herndon

Picks:
2019 1.10, 2.10, 3.10, 4.10
2020 1, 2, 3, 4

*2018 Champ*

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:47 pm

Bot101 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:42 pm

A year ago my at the time 2 year old daughter fell 2 feet off a toy rack onto carpet and broke the growth plate in her elbow in 2 different places. It was the freak of all freak injuries. So all anyone can hope is this was a horrible accident either rough housing or somethine of the like and Hill didnt beat his kid. If he did in fact intentionally cause harm to his child, he should be banned indefinitely.

We should definitely NOT say hes guilty without the facts simply because of what he did to his gf years ago.
Agree, but I think we also have to acknowledge, from a fantasy football standpoint, the severity of the risk here. Two separate police reports in this short of a time frame don’t get filed for obvious accidents
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave