Kareem Hunt

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Hunt 8 Game Suspension - What Now?

Postby Bot101 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:38 am

captain howdy wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:40 am As a Chubb owner, I think Hunt will eat into his touches. I think there will be weeks where Hunt outscores and outtouches Chubb. I am a huge Chubb fan and had him 1.02 all last year and really enjoyed watching his games and those long runs. That said, in dynasty I know the dream is the 350 touch guys...Chubb wont be that anymore, But I think he has shown he can perform well in a tandem situation. He remains a rb1 guy for me..I think he'll be a solidly low end rb 1 by scoring. I dont know that it would be detrimental to his output over the length of his career. ..less wear and tear and all that. Anecdotally, I also think competition is good for rbs

If I can buy Hunt for low end rb2 prices, I would do that. If you can get past what he did,, he'll get his shot to resurrect his career and do well with it. FWIW, I dont ever think he'll be a top 5 rb scorer again..being the KC Chiefs rb inflated his output somewhat over what i think it'll be going forward.
As a fellow Chubb owner I disagree with the notion that Hunt will ever out touch or outscore Chubb barring injury. All the evidence shows that Chubb is better than Hunt and also will be the guy in Cleveland.

Hunt was drafted in the 3rd by Dorsey. Well Chubb was also drafted by Dorsey, except at the top of the 2nd. So draft pedigree belongs to Chubb.

Hunt is a great receiver. Well yes and no. He was dangerous in space but he isnt out there running routes like the Kamara/Bells of the league. Heres a great breakdown of Hunt

https://www.reddit.com/r/DynastyFF/comm ... he_madman/

Ware, West and Williams all produced solid fantasy numbers in the same system. Hunt is above average in talent, but Chubb has much better talent.

Hunt is not allowed contact or access to the teams facility or playbook. Yet hes going to magically walk in and force a time share after nearly 2 years of no football and unfamiliar with the system and lack of chemistry with the offense?

Chubb was elite in college pre injury, and still better than Hunt post injury. Hunt has average athleticism vs Chubb who would have been the talk of the combine if not for Barkley.

When Kitchens took over he basically used Chubb and mothballed Duke. And Duke is a better receiver than Hunt or Chubb, yet rode the bench. This should indicate how Kitchens will use Chubb. I just dont see how Hunt has a chance on forcing a time share let alone even take the job from Chubb. Hes an above average back who had his numbers inflated by the offense he was on. A breakdown of Chubbs numbers when he became the starter showed he wasnt just good, he was one of the best.

So please someone share some piece of evidence than indicates otherwise. To me this will be a sign and flip for draft picks or a release when his contract is up. Letting him recoup his value and sign somewhere else will net the Browns a nice compensatory pick.

James McGhee
Captain
Captain

Postby James McGhee » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:37 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:22 am
Ice wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:33 am
My BallZach Ertz wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:50 am Hunt is probably a buy low for me right now if you can. Best case scenario is he gets traded to a RB needy team and will be a stud. I see this as the highest probability of outcomes if I was betting on the situation.
Key words " If you Can"

As a Hunt owner, I sure won't be selling low. He is an outstanding talent. He is saying all the right things. Come week 9 he will be out there and his value will skyrocket. He is not a backup type player.
I think on his current team he is. I just don't see him beating out Chubb, but we'll see.
I think his situation in KC elevated his status more than his own ability. I don't think he is who everyone thinks he is. He's a solid back but he isn't elite without the right situation. If he landed in the right place I'd buy, but I'm not risking a poor landing spot buying him while he's still a Brown.
12 team league; 15 man roster; .5 pt PPR;
QB/RB/2 WR/TE/2 FLX/K/DEF

Tom Brady, Cam Newton
Mark Ingram, Kerryon Johnson, Rashaad Penny, Ronald Jones
AJ Green, Keenan Allen, Michael Thomas, Marvin Jones, Golden Tate, Keelan Cole
Rob Gronkowski
Will Lutz
Minnesota Defense

12 team league; 30-man roster; full PPR
QB/2 RB/2 WR/TE/3 FLX

Rodgers, Goff, Carr
Bell, J. Stewart, Foreman, Perine
Hopkins, K. Allen, Cooks, Hurns, Kupp, Lee, C. Samuel, Patterson, Taywan Taylor
Howard, Hooper, S. Anderson

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:39 pm

Short enough a suspension that Duke can be traded mid-season.

As for Chubb... well, I'm hesitant to call it outright before I see Hunt playing in a system other than the KC's, but suffice it to say that if Hunt retains the form he had in KC as a Brown, then Chubb and Hunt will probably rotate a lot. They could alternate entire drives.

When I think of Chubb's future, I can't help but have Todd Gurley's recent example come to mind. Chubb is great right now, but he did have a very serious knee injury in college. Recent examples like Gurley and Ajayi have shown me that there's a chance it will ultimately shorten Chubb's pro career. Not soon, but... maybe it could become a factor by his mid-20s?

So it makes sense from the Chiefs' perspective to not throw a bellcow workload at Chubb if they don't have to. Having him part of a two-man committee where the other guy is as good or almost as good as him could substantially lengthen his window of peak athleticism. With this in mind if KC can re-sign Hunt to an affordable multi-year deal next off-season, it could be a good idea from a real football perspective. Emphasis on affordable, though.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

darewood11
All Pro
All Pro

Postby darewood11 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:19 pm

Bot101 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:38 am
captain howdy wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:40 am As a Chubb owner, I think Hunt will eat into his touches. I think there will be weeks where Hunt outscores and outtouches Chubb. I am a huge Chubb fan and had him 1.02 all last year and really enjoyed watching his games and those long runs. That said, in dynasty I know the dream is the 350 touch guys...Chubb wont be that anymore, But I think he has shown he can perform well in a tandem situation. He remains a rb1 guy for me..I think he'll be a solidly low end rb 1 by scoring. I dont know that it would be detrimental to his output over the length of his career. ..less wear and tear and all that. Anecdotally, I also think competition is good for rbs

If I can buy Hunt for low end rb2 prices, I would do that. If you can get past what he did,, he'll get his shot to resurrect his career and do well with it. FWIW, I dont ever think he'll be a top 5 rb scorer again..being the KC Chiefs rb inflated his output somewhat over what i think it'll be going forward.
As a fellow Chubb owner I disagree with the notion that Hunt will ever out touch or outscore Chubb barring injury. All the evidence shows that Chubb is better than Hunt and also will be the guy in Cleveland.

Hunt was drafted in the 3rd by Dorsey. Well Chubb was also drafted by Dorsey, except at the top of the 2nd. So draft pedigree belongs to Chubb.

Hunt is a great receiver. Well yes and no. He was dangerous in space but he isnt out there running routes like the Kamara/Bells of the league. Heres a great breakdown of Hunt

Ware, West and Williams all produced solid fantasy numbers in the same system. Hunt is above average in talent, but Chubb has much better talent.

Hunt is not allowed contact or access to the teams facility or playbook. Yet hes going to magically walk in and force a time share after nearly 2 years of no football and unfamiliar with the system and lack of chemistry with the offense?

Chubb was elite in college pre injury, and still better than Hunt post injury. Hunt has average athleticism vs Chubb who would have been the talk of the combine if not for Barkley.

When Kitchens took over he basically used Chubb and mothballed Duke. And Duke is a better receiver than Hunt or Chubb, yet rode the bench. This should indicate how Kitchens will use Chubb. I just dont see how Hunt has a chance on forcing a time share let alone even take the job from Chubb. Hes an above average back who had his numbers inflated by the offense he was on. A breakdown of Chubbs numbers when he became the starter showed he wasnt just good, he was one of the best.

So please someone share some piece of evidence than indicates otherwise. To me this will be a sign and flip for draft picks or a release when his contract is up. Letting him recoup his value and sign somewhere else will net the Browns a nice compensatory pick.
Nearly 2 years off from football????? Not even 1 full year man. I dont think it'a that far fetched to say there will be weeks when hunt outscores chubb. Well see if chubb leads the league in rushing. Chiefs system was good but ware west Williams will never lead the league in rushing. Sorry.

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:34 pm

darewood11 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:19 pm
Bot101 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:38 am

Nearly 2 years off from football????? Not even 1 full year man. I dont think it'a that far fetched to say there will be weeks when hunt outscores chubb. Well see if chubb leads the league in rushing. Chiefs system was good but ware west Williams will never lead the league in rushing. Sorry.
1 year my bad. But the fact that one overlook in my entire argument is all you could find to support Hunt shows that you really have nothing at all. Yes it is far fetched. Hunt is good, not great. Williams stepped into his shoes and the offense barely missed a beat.

captain howdy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby captain howdy » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:02 pm

I don't think hunt will outscore Chubb on the season.

But per game...random occurrences. Yeah I think that Hunt possesses that type of skill and ability.

The Browns didn't take on the risk...drama...and publicity of Hunt to not use him. A best case for Hunt is he shows enough to earn a hot hand approach by the Browns...but realistically..hell steal a series or so to start his role..and it could grow into a full blown rbbc.

And if Hunt gets the TD on his series, he could easily outscore Chubb that game

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:26 pm

James McGhee wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:37 pm
Ice wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:33 am

Key words " If you Can"

As a Hunt owner, I sure won't be selling low. He is an outstanding talent. He is saying all the right things. Come week 9 he will be out there and his value will skyrocket. He is not a backup type player.
I think on his current team he is. I just don't see him beating out Chubb, but we'll see.
I think his situation in KC elevated his status more than his own ability. I don't think he is who everyone thinks he is. He's a solid back but he isn't elite without the right situation. If he landed in the right place I'd buy, but I'm not risking a poor landing spot buying him while he's still a Brown.
Hunt is an extremely good RB. I like his talent every but as much as Chubb. One of them will be traded next season IMO if Hunt grows up and stays out of trouble. He led the league in rushing prior to Mahomes and won it as a rookie.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

darewood11
All Pro
All Pro

Postby darewood11 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:42 pm

Ice wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:26 pm
James McGhee wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:37 pm

Hunt is an extremely good RB. I like his talent every but as much as Chubb. One of them will be traded next season IMO if Hunt grows up and stays out of trouble. He led the league in rushing prior to Mahomes and won it as a rookie.
This is exactly what I'm talking about. Chubb is a great rb no arguement but man come on your saying hunt isn't as good when he was a rookie and led the LEAGUE in rushing. I expect t his offense to be just as good if not better than the chiefs offense was his rookie year. All the RBS you named off bot were good in kc but not GREAT. Hunt was an absolute stud as a rookie and last year until suspended. I do not expect him to be the rb1 in the league but I do expect him to be an rb1. No way last off season anyone was trading hunt for 1.02. Atleast I never seen anything close to that go down.

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:44 pm

And Kitchens showed this type of usage at what point last season? In fact didnt he just say that Chubb is his guy?

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:52 pm

Guess I was wrong to vote indefinitely lol. I think this is a best case scenario for Kareem Hunt. We shall see if he has learned his lesson because I do not think he will get another chance if another off-field incident occurs.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:10 pm

Bot101 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:44 pm And Kitchens showed this type of usage at what point last season? In fact didnt he just say that Chubb is his guy?
You don't actually think Kitchens has more authority than Dorsey, do you?

If it wasn't already before Hue and Haley were fired, the show in Cleveland right now is 100% Dorsey's. In regard to personnel, Freddie will do as he's instructed.

Of course, Dorsey also picked Chubb. So. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

darewood11
All Pro
All Pro

Postby darewood11 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:36 pm

Bot101 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:44 pm And Kitchens showed this type of usage at what point last season? In fact didnt he just say that Chubb is his guy?
Coaches have never lied... :whistle:

darewood11
All Pro
All Pro

Postby darewood11 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:39 pm

They didnt bring hunt in for no reason. I believe he will be used. I think it will take him a few weeks to get acclimated but by week 12 or so he should be fairly ready. He has the talent. He was the league leader in rushing. KC line didnt so that for him. You cant just dismiss that all hes done in the league is excel

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:01 pm

darewood11 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:39 pm
They didnt bring hunt in for no reason. I believe he will be used. I think it will take him a few weeks to get acclimated but by week 12 or so he should be fairly ready. He has the talent. He was the league leader in rushing. KC line didnt so that for him. You cant just dismiss that all hes done in the league is excel
I didnt dismiss anything. I said his numbers are inflated because he played for Andy Reid. Anyone who thinks Hunt will form an RBBC or take the job from Chubb are ignoring the other backs Reid has used before and after Hunt.

This smells more of a sign and flip or release then a sign and pay 2 RBs.

And the reason could be why not bring in a good player for practically free and profit off of it?
Last edited by Bot101 on Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:02 pm

darewood11 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:36 pm
Coaches have never lied... :whistle:
The evidence lies in how he used Chubb and Duke. Duke is better at receiving than Chubb or Hunt, and yet.... he was hardly used outside of 1 game.