The Tyreek Hill Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Tyreek Hill #1 Dynasty Receiver

Postby Bot101 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:49 pm

Phaded wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:59 pm If OBJ landed on the Browns I would take Hill easy.. 49ers; it would be close.
Bakermania is making Cleveland a prime landing spot. But I agree with you.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:07 pm

Bot101 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:49 pm
Phaded wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:59 pm If OBJ landed on the Browns I would take Hill easy.. 49ers; it would be close.
In real life and as a Baker owner; absolutely. However, between Hunt, Chubb, Landry, Njoku & Callaway I do not think OBJ would get the target share to be that top tier.

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:34 pm

Phaded wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:07 pm
Bot101 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:49 pm
In real life and as a Baker owner; absolutely. However, between Hunt, Chubb, Landry, Njoku & Callaway I do not think OBJ would get the target share to be that top tier.
That's lesser talent fighting for targets than Barkley, Engram, and Shep? I think OBJ would do just fine as he would be the most talented skill player on the Browns and QBs key in on their best player. The Browns would be a pretty good upgrade for OBJ in my opinion.

honcho55
All Pro
All Pro

Postby honcho55 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:52 pm

I know this is a Hill thread, but

As an OBJ guy, I’m not too worried where he lands. He’s a better player by a good notch than Hill imo, who I’m high on.

Look at OBJs stats while healthy, with noodle arm Eli over the lasts few years. It doesn’t really matter imo.

What concerns me is his health.

Back to hill. Love him long term, love him short term. But what’re the odds there’s not regression? Just think it’s a bad time to buy is all. I would not sell OBJ for hill straight up. I’m on the fence offering juju straight up. On the other hand the leagues I own Hill I’m hanging on unless it’s an overpay.
main league, half PPR, all TDs 6, -3 for INT
12 team. 2019 champ, 2020 runner up, ‘21 3rd
start 2SF, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2WRT

QB: T Lawrence, K Cousins, R Wilson, Z Wilson
RB: K Walker, T Ettiene, JK Dobbins, D Gore, J Hasty, D Johnson, L Rountree
WR: JJ, AJB, A Cooper, Juju, C Kirk, J Dotson, N Westbrook-Ikhine, I McKenzie
TE. T Kelce, Pitts, Albert O, D Parham, J O’Shaunessy

1.03, 1.11, 2.02, 2.09
Extra 24 1st

jetsfan5757
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby jetsfan5757 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:22 pm

Nuk

MT
OBJ

Adams
Tyreek

JuJu

With a good chance that JuJu overtakes Tyreek this year.

Can someone look up red zone targets, catch % and TDs? Not sure where to look this up. I know guys like MT, Adams, Nuk get red zone targets. Does Hill?
Dynasty League (25 man rosters + 2 IR, non-PPR scoring. QB/3RB/3WR/2TE/K/DB/LB/DL no flex)

QB (1): Herbert, Lawrence, Darnold
RB (3): N. Chubb, D. Henry, J. Taylor, JK Dobbins, Pollard, Singletary, L. Murray
WR (3): D. Hopkins, D. Adams, M. Evans, D.J. Moore, DJ Chark, B. Aiyuk, J. Smith-Schuster, R Bateman, E. Moore
TE (2): I. Smith Jr, H. Henry, Schultz, Tremble

K (1): M. Crosby

DB (1): J. Adams
LB (1): F. Warner
DL (1): D. Lawrence

PS: I often don't revisit a thread after posting. Send me a message if you ever want further thoughts on a comment I made.

jetsfan5757
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby jetsfan5757 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:26 pm

Also, I will add that I totally missed on Hill, and I am still a bit lower than some others. I prefer the taller prototype WR, but Hill is just ridiculously quick and can take any ball to the house.

I do still think that the rest of the league will figure out how to defend KC and Hill's production will drop a bit, but he is top 6 for me and I can't see him dropping past 8 (JuJu and Evans are the two I think could overtake him. And before people start screaming I don't think Evans will, but he could if everything clicks in the new offense).
Dynasty League (25 man rosters + 2 IR, non-PPR scoring. QB/3RB/3WR/2TE/K/DB/LB/DL no flex)

RB (3): N. Chubb, D. Henry, J. Taylor, JK Dobbins, Pollard, Singletary, L. Murray
WR (3): D. Hopkins, D. Adams, M. Evans, D.J. Moore, DJ Chark, B. Aiyuk, J. Smith-Schuster, R Bateman, E. Moore

PS: I often don't revisit a thread after posting. Send me a message if you ever want further thoughts on a comment I made.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:44 am

jetsfan5757 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:22 pm Can someone look up red zone targets, catch % and TDs? Not sure where to look this up. I know guys like MT, Adams, Nuk get red zone targets. Does Hill?
I think debating the top 6 WR is a bit of a waste of time because it's all subjective. Any of these guys could outscore the other any given week. I also wonder why Evans is literally never in these conversations. Anyway...

Tyreeks red zone numbers would be presumably small as he (and the rest of KC usually) likes to score from outside the red zone lol doesn't mean he gets TD but here are RZ stats (Profootball reference has a lot of stats btw. That's generally what I use)

Targets/REC/TD
Tyreek: 16/10/5
Julio: 17/10/5
Cooks: 17/15/4

AB: 24/11/6
Nuk: 25/15/8
MT: 29/24/7
JuJu: 29/16/5

Adams: 31/16/12

Ordered these by targets and didn't include anyone under 16 targets but, honestly besides Adams, all these guys are pretty close. So does Adams regress? Those are really efficient numbers for him and pretty much doubled up the rest in TD. Maybe JuJu gets a majority of AB's share; that would be scary. Surprised to find Julio in this list.

As for the "Opponents will adjust to Tyreek" comment, I'm not so sure. Tyreek did this with Alex Smith throwing the ball also... I've seen him beat double coverages and I really like how he's become a good route runner and not just a gadget guy. Red Zone numbers are one thing but mean very little in the grand scheme. That's not his forte and everyone knows it. However, you said you like the bigger WR and there is nothing wrong with that

Back to my original point though, debating these guys is pretty much futile :lol:

jetsfan5757
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby jetsfan5757 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:50 am

Jigga94 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:44 am
jetsfan5757 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:22 pm Can someone look up red zone targets, catch % and TDs? Not sure where to look this up. I know guys like MT, Adams, Nuk get red zone targets. Does Hill?
I think debating the top 6 WR is a bit of a waste of time because it's all subjective. Any of these guys could outscore the other any given week. I also wonder why Evans is literally never in these conversations. Anyway...

Tyreeks red zone numbers would be presumably small as he (and the rest of KC usually) likes to score from outside the red zone lol doesn't mean he gets TD but here are RZ stats (Profootball reference has a lot of stats btw. That's generally what I use)

Targets/REC/TD
Tyreek: 16/10/5
Julio: 17/10/5
Cooks: 17/15/4

AB: 24/11/6
Nuk: 25/15/8
MT: 29/24/7
JuJu: 29/16/5

Adams: 31/16/12

Ordered these by targets and didn't include anyone under 16 targets but, honestly besides Adams, all these guys are pretty close. So does Adams regress? Those are really efficient numbers for him and pretty much doubled up the rest in TD. Maybe JuJu gets a majority of AB's share; that would be scary. Surprised to find Julio in this list.

As for the "Opponents will adjust to Tyreek" comment, I'm not so sure. Tyreek did this with Alex Smith throwing the ball also... I've seen him beat double coverages and I really like how he's become a good route runner and not just a gadget guy. Red Zone numbers are one thing but mean very little in the grand scheme. That's not his forte and everyone knows it. However, you said you like the bigger WR and there is nothing wrong with that

Back to my original point though, debating these guys is pretty much futile :lol:
Thanks for looking this up and posting!

I agree that debating is futile, but I was curious to see. His targets were lower than the MT, Nuk, etc group. However, OBJ and Evans didn't even make the list... Also, Adams has to regress on efficiency you would think, but the top target for a healthy ARod seems to always score double digit TDs...

I don't think that teams will adjust to Tyreek and all of a sudden he will turn into some scrub, but I think that teams will figure out schemes to slow them down and Reid, Mahomes and company will adjust, but net result will be stats less prolific than last year's.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:02 am

Sorry I left some names out for whatever reason

Odell: 20/7/5
Evans actually was below 15: 14/6/4

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/ ... eiving.htm

As for Tyreek, I think it's pick your poison for the defense... Double cover and play deep (still not 100% efficient) and let Kelce tear up the middle. Not to mention, Tyreek can also destroy you underneath. Going to be very hard to stop them

jetsfan5757
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby jetsfan5757 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:01 am

Jigga94 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:02 am Sorry I left some names out for whatever reason

Odell: 20/7/5
Evans actually was below 15: 14/6/4

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/ ... eiving.htm

As for Tyreek, I think it's pick your poison for the defense... Double cover and play deep (still not 100% efficient) and let Kelce tear up the middle. Not to mention, Tyreek can also destroy you underneath. Going to be very hard to stop them
Thanks for the update.

Agree it's hard to stop them, but league has always caught up to every offense. Not stopped, but gotten better against...

Ahmangreen
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Ahmangreen » Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:36 am

Traded obj for hill and hunt before the season started last year. Was looking very good before hunts suspension, but even if hunt never plays again I’ll be fine with hill over obj.
Team 1-12 team ppr
Qb- Jackson Allen
RB- Elliott, Mcafferey, Drake, Josh Jacobs
Wr- Evans, Hilton, Hill, Adams, DJ Moore
Te- Engram, Howard

Team 2- 12 Team ppr
Qb- Bortles, Dak
Rb-Gurley, Freeman, Cook, Crowell, Drake, Coleman
Wr-Robinson, D.Thomas, Diggs, Cooper, Agholor, Coleman
TE- Eifert, Howard

jetsfan5757
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby jetsfan5757 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:16 am

Ahmangreen wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:36 am Traded obj for hill and hunt before the season started last year. Was looking very good before hunts suspension, but even if hunt never plays again I’ll be fine with hill over obj.
Was looking like a steal before Hunt suspension!!!

I prefer OBJ to Hill, but as everyone has said, it's individual preference at this point. Also, I think Hunt ends up a starter somewhere by the beginning of 2020-2021 season, likely even sometime in 2019-2020 season. Not as good as KC, but mid to low RB1 (meaning RB 5 to 12). But there is a different thread on that...

Elroypedro
Starter
Starter

Tyreek investigation

Postby Elroypedro » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:07 pm

Team 1
10 team .5 PPR, 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1 TE, 1Flex

QB: Brees, Cousins
RB: McCaffery, Guice, D Williams, Breida, Drake, Penny, S Ware, R Jones, J Adams, I Smith
WR: A Brown, Jeffery, Robinson, Ridley, Pettis, Miller, Shepard, Callaway, MVS, Washington
TE: Kelce, Herndon

Picks:
2019 1.10, 2.10, 3.10, 4.10
2020 1, 2, 3, 4

*2018 Champ*

James McGhee
Captain
Captain

Re: Tyreek investigation

Postby James McGhee » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:09 pm

Juvenile involved. His kid?
12 team league; 15 man roster; .5 pt PPR;
QB/RB/2 WR/TE/2 FLX/K/DEF

Tom Brady, Cam Newton
Mark Ingram, Kerryon Johnson, Rashaad Penny, Ronald Jones
AJ Green, Keenan Allen, Michael Thomas, Marvin Jones, Golden Tate, Keelan Cole
Rob Gronkowski
Will Lutz
Minnesota Defense

12 team league; 30-man roster; full PPR
QB/2 RB/2 WR/TE/3 FLX

Rodgers, Goff, Carr
Bell, J. Stewart, Foreman, Perine
Hopkins, K. Allen, Cooks, Hurns, Kupp, Lee, C. Samuel, Patterson, Taywan Taylor
Howard, Hooper, S. Anderson

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Tyreek investigation

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:13 pm

Knew it was a possibility after the college incident... Mixon next?