Best Running back in 2019 class?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
SkinzFan
Rookie
Rookie

Best Running back in 2019 class?

Postby SkinzFan » Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:41 am

We all know landing spot is a variable to consider, but looking at the running backs here, I believe that miles sanders or darrel henderson have the best upside. What backs to you like?
10 team half ppr SFlex
Qb D Prescott, Russell Wilson,Sam Howell, Z Wilson,
RB B Hall,D Montgomery, AJ Dillon, M Carter, K Herbert, Jordan Mason
WR DJ Moore, Lamb, T Higgins, Bateman, M Williams, London, J Dotson, T Burks, DPJ
TE TJ Hockenson, Kmet, Hurst,
23 1.08, 2.09

12 team 1qb PPR
QB Mahomes, Haskins, Dalton, Lawrence
RB JK Dobbins, CEH, Mcfarland, Dallas, Damien Harris, L. Perine, J Richard
WR Mclauren, Edwards, Harmon, KJ Hill, M Williams, V Jefferson, Pascal, Peoples-Jones Bateman, Cooper
TE J Smith, Hockenson, Brate, Ertz and 4 '22 picks

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Best Running back in 2019 class?

Postby Jigga94 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:42 am

Literally this...

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=178590

SkinzFan
Rookie
Rookie

Postby SkinzFan » Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:24 pm

Wow
Great read, thanks!
10 team half ppr SFlex
Qb D Prescott, Russell Wilson,Sam Howell, Z Wilson,
RB B Hall,D Montgomery, AJ Dillon, M Carter, K Herbert, Jordan Mason
WR DJ Moore, Lamb, T Higgins, Bateman, M Williams, London, J Dotson, T Burks, DPJ
TE TJ Hockenson, Kmet, Hurst,
23 1.08, 2.09

12 team 1qb PPR
QB Mahomes, Haskins, Dalton, Lawrence
RB JK Dobbins, CEH, Mcfarland, Dallas, Damien Harris, L. Perine, J Richard
WR Mclauren, Edwards, Harmon, KJ Hill, M Williams, V Jefferson, Pascal, Peoples-Jones Bateman, Cooper
TE J Smith, Hockenson, Brate, Ertz and 4 '22 picks

Hottoddies
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Hottoddies » Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:54 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:42 am Literally this...

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=178590
Damn you, Jigga, I thought we were going to let this great information get buried and forgotten.
"Smart people learn from everything and everyone, average people from their experiences, stupid people already have all the answers." - Socrates

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:07 pm

Jacobs IMO is the best back. Sanders is reasonably a close 2nd IMO. Both are smooth but Jacobs looks to be a better pass catcher, more powerful, and better in pass protection. Sanders does look silky smooth but he has fumble concerns IMO.

Pretty close but think Jacobs goes round 1 in the NFL draft and Sanders goes round 3 is my prediction.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:14 pm

Cult of Dionysus wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:12 pm https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/new ... ike-weber/

Shout out to Devin Singletary. Lotta recent hype going toward others, but this guy was impressive early.
Reminds me a lot of Ronald Jones. Undersized guy who doesn't catch passes and isn't particularly fast.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

Factory of Sadness
Starter
Starter

Postby Factory of Sadness » Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:24 pm

The elevation of Sanders is grinding my gears. Not everyone who didn't do much in college but tests well is Alvin Kamara people. Very few of you had him top 5 before some running, bending and jumping in shorts jumped him above guys who had two or three years of tape telling us they were good.
It's Kamara that is spoiling my fun though, because instead of getting annoyed at the curdling combine consensus of circle-jerking self-congratulation as it floats another undeserving back high on currents of panting, stop-watch clutching heavy breathing, I used to just smile and enjoy better backs falling. Then every single RB hipster hit on Kamara and I was left sadly holding my Mike Williams shares, sitting in a corner and watching the gloating, whilst getting flashbacks to a voice in my head telling me that 'DJ is fools gold as he hasn't proven he can run inside.'
Now I am forced to contemplate the prospect of this happening again as I just don't see a running back near as impressive as Montgomery or Henderson when I watch Sanders. Or as promising as Harris or Anderson if they were to stay injury free. I'm trying to find the Borg's insistence that the only question about Sanders is whether he is 1.02 or 1.01 amusing, but I have this awful nagging fear...

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:46 am

Factory of Sadness wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:24 pm The elevation of Sanders is grinding my gears. Not everyone who didn't do much in college but tests well is Alvin Kamara people. Very few of you had him top 5 before some running, bending and jumping in shorts jumped him above guys who had two or three years of tape telling us they were good.
It's Kamara that is spoiling my fun though, because instead of getting annoyed at the curdling combine consensus of circle-jerking self-congratulation as it floats another undeserving back high on currents of panting, stop-watch clutching heavy breathing, I used to just smile and enjoy better backs falling. Then every single RB hipster hit on Kamara and I was left sadly holding my Mike Williams shares, sitting in a corner and watching the gloating, whilst getting flashbacks to a voice in my head telling me that 'DJ is fools gold as he hasn't proven he can run inside.'
Now I am forced to contemplate the prospect of this happening again as I just don't see a running back near as impressive as Montgomery or Henderson when I watch Sanders. Or as promising as Harris or Anderson if they were to stay injury free. I'm trying to find the Borg's insistence that the only question about Sanders is whether he is 1.02 or 1.01 amusing, but I have this awful nagging fear...
Your username fits this post very well

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:57 am

I feel like Kamara is part of the reason Jacobs is going 1st round this year

schiewerma21
All Pro
All Pro

Postby schiewerma21 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:05 am

The nfl changing is why he is.
Jacobs is an incredible wr and is tough and willing to blow dudes up in pass blocking.
That matters just as much if not more in today’s nfl of what is needed from a rb.

Look at Jordan Howard. Chicago about to move on. Guys like him are as itrelevant as traditional NBA centers
We have to adjust as dynasty players if you haven’t already
TEAM 1: 12 man PPR (.25 passing and rushing attempt) dynasty league
QB:Josh Allen, Matt Ryan, Zach Wilson
RB: Saquon Barkley, Jonathan Taylor, JK Dobbins, Najee Harris, Joe Mixon, Deandre Swift
WR: Tyreek Hill, Justin Jefferson, Deandre Hopkins, Chris Godwin, Jamaar Chase, Allen Robinson, Rashod Bateman
TE: Kyle Pitts, Hunter Henry

TEAM 2: 10 MAN Superflex. (standard PPR).
QB: Mahomes, Wilson, Stafford, Wentz, Jimmy G
RB: Mccaffrey, Zeke, Javonte, Akers, Jacobs, Edmonds, Henderson, Fournette, Pollard
WR: Adams, Michael Thomas, Keenan Allen, Aiyuk, Odell Beckham, Devonta Smith Julio,Shenault
TE: Travis Kelce, George Kittle

TEAM 3:10 MAN PPR (2 QUARTERBACK LEAGUE took over orphan 2016) Dynasty League
QB: Dak, Lamar, Tua, Winston, Bridgewater,
RB: Mccaffrey, Henry, Aaron Jones, Chubb, Mike Davis
WR: Aj Brown, Terry Mclaurin, Theilen, Godwin, Juedy, Sutton, Watkins, Davis, Crowder
TE: Waller, Engram, Geodtert
2021picks: 1.10,3.10

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:39 am

Factory of Sadness wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:24 pm The elevation of Sanders is grinding my gears. Not everyone who didn't do much in college but tests well is Alvin Kamara people. Very few of you had him top 5 before some running, bending and jumping in shorts jumped him above guys who had two or three years of tape telling us they were good.
What? Sanders was very productive this year once he got a chance. He basically put up identical rushing stats on basically the same PSU team as Saquon Barkley did on that team the year before.

Seems like your quote would be much applicable to Jacobs than Sanders.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:46 am

Vcize wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:39 am
What? Sanders was very productive this year once he got a chance. He basically put up identical rushing stats on basically the same PSU team as Saquon Barkley did on that team the year before.

Seems like your quote would be much applicable to Jacobs than Sanders.
Don't think either really apply. The NFL has ZERO issue with low mileage Backs. In fact they like them..

Big fan of Jacobs and Sanders. Sanders only concern and it is slight is ball security. Both of these players have 3 down qualities that really translate to the NFL.

Not a fan of Montgomery personally, Burst doesn't look elite and seems stiff. Good production and hope he gets picked 3 or 4 in of my drafts. I do not have a 1st round fantasy grade on him. Think his bust potential is pretty high. Could be decent to a power running team.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

alewilliam789
All Pro
All Pro

Postby alewilliam789 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:57 pm

I just dont see it with any in this class. The only two RBs I’d personally invest in are Rodney Anderson, Josh Jacobs, and Justice Hill. I’ve went back and checked out the majority of these guys tape and it’s very mediocre to me. I personally don’t get the hype with Sanders outside of his combine numbers. Yes he does have some quick feet/passing chops, but he’s not really great at anything. He doesn’t make a ton of people miss, isn’t a strong runner, doesn’t have great hands, doesn’t really have great balance. Nothing that makes me want to invest a top 5 pick anyways.

David Montgomery looks like the below-average athlete he tested out as on tape.

Damien Harris shows flashes of tackle breaking/good balance, but nothing consistently. Runs some solid routes out of the backfield with good hands. I’d rather have him over Sanders rn.

Darrell Henderson is interesting, but he’s really only a downhill back. He runs a lot like Tevin Coleman in style. Doesn’t shake too many people and really relies on outrunning everybody, getting into space, and periodically breaking some arm tackles to be successful. Doesn’t have great patience or vision. Most likely a solid committee back that can make some big plays here and there. Depends on how he’s used tho because I can see him being very successful as a complement to a Sony Michel or Alvin Kamara in the right system.

To me Justice Hill, Josh Jacobs, and Rodney Anderson are the only players that have the athletic talent, the tackle-breaking ability/above average balance, and pass-catching talent to become factors at the next level.
I may or may not be related to Bryan Edwards

alewilliam789
All Pro
All Pro

Postby alewilliam789 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:58 pm

I just dont see it with any in this class. The only two RBs I’d personally invest in are Rodney Anderson, Josh Jacobs, and Justice Hill. I’ve went back and checked out the majority of these guys tape and it’s very mediocre to me. I personally don’t get the hype with Sanders outside of his combine numbers. Yes he does have some quick feet/passing chops, but he’s not really great at anything. He doesn’t make a ton of people miss, isn’t a strong runner, doesn’t have great hands, doesn’t really have great balance. Nothing that makes me want to invest a top 5 pick anyways.

David Montgomery looks like the below-average athlete he tested out as on tape.

Damien Harris shows flashes of tackle breaking/good balance, but nothing consistently. Runs some solid routes out of the backfield with good hands. I’d rather have him over Sanders rn.

Darrell Henderson is interesting, but he’s really only a downhill back. He runs a lot like Tevin Coleman in style. Doesn’t shake too many people and really relies on outrunning everybody, getting into space, and periodically breaking some arm tackles to be successful. Doesn’t have great patience or vision. Most likely a solid committee back that can make some big plays here and there. Depends on how he’s used tho because I can see him being very successful as a complement to a Sony Michel or Alvin Kamara in the right system.

To me Justice Hill, Josh Jacobs, and Rodney Anderson are the only players that have the athletic talent, the tackle-breaking ability/above average balance, and pass-catching talent to become factors at the next level.
I may or may not be related to Bryan Edwards