Rosterwatch.com

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
jetsfan5757
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Rosterwatch.com

Postby jetsfan5757 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:01 am

Just read an article by Matthew Berry about the combine (well, only the intro so far). He talks up Rosterwatch.com as a good source for info on rookies, but also says that they are part of his Rotopass website as of last year, so I will take it with a grain of salt (although them being part of rotopass should also be a sign that he does in fact believe in them).

I'm a premium DLF subscriber, this is my go-to site, but I always like to have other comparisons.

Has anyone used RosterWatch.com? Worth having a subscription?
Dynasty League (25 man rosters + 2 IR, non-PPR scoring. QB/3RB/3WR/2TE/K/DB/LB/DL no flex)

QB (1): Herbert, Lawrence, Darnold
RB (3): N. Chubb, D. Henry, J. Taylor, JK Dobbins, Pollard, Singletary, L. Murray
WR (3): D. Hopkins, D. Adams, M. Evans, D.J. Moore, DJ Chark, B. Aiyuk, J. Smith-Schuster, R Bateman, E. Moore
TE (2): I. Smith Jr, H. Henry, Schultz, Tremble

K (1): M. Crosby

DB (1): J. Adams
LB (1): F. Warner
DL (1): D. Lawrence

PS: I often don't revisit a thread after posting. Send me a message if you ever want further thoughts on a comment I made.

Rasorin
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: Rosterwatch.com

Postby Rasorin » Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:52 am

My experience with RosterWatch is mostly through SiriusXM Fantasy sports. Alex and the team have good content but the constant, over the top, self promotion, better-than-you attitude is a huge turn off so I choose not to support.

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:12 pm

You lost me at Matthew Berry. Jokes aside, I am always game to check out new sites. I have no desire to use fantasy football entertainment writers such as the aforementioned Berry (at least once he got to ESPN), but some of the Roto stuff seems useful.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

dlf_kenm
Administrator

Postby dlf_kenm » Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:11 pm

I've been checking out

https://thedraftnetwork.com/

Worth a look.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:08 pm

dlf_kenm wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:11 pm I've been checking out

https://thedraftnetwork.com/

Worth a look.
+1, these guys are football mad, and there's always something new to read every day.

jetsfan5757
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby jetsfan5757 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:27 pm

Thanks for the feedback
Dynasty League (25 man rosters + 2 IR, non-PPR scoring. QB/3RB/3WR/2TE/K/DB/LB/DL no flex)

RB (3): N. Chubb, D. Henry, J. Taylor, JK Dobbins, Pollard, Singletary, L. Murray
WR (3): D. Hopkins, D. Adams, M. Evans, D.J. Moore, DJ Chark, B. Aiyuk, J. Smith-Schuster, R Bateman, E. Moore

PS: I often don't revisit a thread after posting. Send me a message if you ever want further thoughts on a comment I made.

jetsfan5757
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby jetsfan5757 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:29 pm

Friction wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:12 pm You lost me at Matthew Berry. Jokes aside, I am always game to check out new sites. I have no desire to use fantasy football entertainment writers such as the aforementioned Berry (at least once he got to ESPN), but some of the Roto stuff seems useful.
LOL. I get it regarding Berry but I enjoy reading his articles and I find them useful as well. To each their own.

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:41 pm

I actually think Berry is a fairly entertaining writer/story teller. Analysis and original fantasy takes? Not so much. He seemed like an alright human being too, until he had that intro a couple years ago about feeling entitled to some kids pool noodle at a hotel. Typical douche move, and him being a father even made it more cringe worthy. If you recall the story he told, intro on a love/hate I believe.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

jetsfan5757
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby jetsfan5757 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:31 am

Friction wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:41 pm I actually think Berry is a fairly entertaining writer/story teller. Analysis and original fantasy takes? Not so much. He seemed like an alright human being too, until he had that intro a couple years ago about feeling entitled to some kids pool noodle at a hotel. Typical douche move, and him being a father even made it more cringe worthy. If you recall the story he told, intro on a love/hate I believe.
I vaguely recall. I also vaguely recall understanding his point of view, or at least that it could be handled better. However, I was not a father then and I am a father now, so I'd probably have different eyes if I reread it.

Also, I won't write him off for one intro I disagree with. I can think of 5 or 10 really moving or motivational ones and I think everyone misses from time to time.