AB to the Bills *Unconfirmed*

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Jfever
Legend
Legend

Re: AB to the Bills *Unconfirmed*

Postby Jfever » Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:51 am

For one, the NFL is starting to remind me of the day time soap operas my granny watches. Its like some cheezy reality TV show that I give my wife a hard time for watching. Get on with it and get some damn resolution. One way or the other. These reporters care SO much less about accuracy and truth and SO much more about who is first. THAT is the first problem. Trash reporting. These people need to be held accountable. :wtf:

I own no shares, and in a way, I hope his diva bleep is done with the sport. Just walk away. Be done with the sport. It seems inevitable to me. I'm guessing he has played his last snap. Who has time for that high maintenance crap? By acting this way it puts out the message that he thinks he is bigger than the sport. News flash, no one is bigger than the sport and everyone is replaceable. I hate the message it puts out there to kids and young fans of the sport. Its the epitome of the me too generation approach.... He wasn't like this before, now, I just cant stand it.

Go get a real job AB. Try Working check to check ya delusional deva. :crazy:
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:55 am

Phaded wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:46 am So apparently the deal was in place but AB said he will not report if traded to Buffalo. That is one way to control your fate.
Ya, it looks like the report was accurate and the Bills GM is just saving face after Brown refused to go there
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:32 am

JFever wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:51 am For one, the NFL is starting to remind me of the day time soap operas my granny watches. Its like some cheezy reality TV show that I give my wife a hard time for watching. Get on with it and get some damn resolution. One way or the other. These reporters care SO much less about accuracy and truth and SO much more about who is first. THAT is the first problem. Trash reporting. These people need to be held accountable. :wtf:

I own no shares, and in a way, I hope his diva bleep is done with the sport. Just walk away. Be done with the sport. It seems inevitable to me. I'm guessing he has played his last snap. Who has time for that high maintenance crap? By acting this way it puts out the message that he thinks he is bigger than the sport. News flash, no one is bigger than the sport and everyone is replaceable. I hate the message it puts out there to kids and young fans of the sport. Its the epitome of the me too generation approach.... He wasn't like this before, now, I just cant stand it.

Go get a real job AB. Try Working check to check ya delusional deva. :crazy:
:clap: :clap: :clap:
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:07 am

It's a sad day when NFL players are making the NBA guys look like upstanding individuals, and the majority of them are complete idiots. What makes the WR position such a diva magnet? I know there are other positions that get the occasional on or two (more rampant nowadays of course), but diva and WR have been synonymous with each other for decades.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:08 am

People act like Antonio Brown is alone at fault. He doesnt do the reporting or the memes. Not to mention you said sport - the NFL is not a sport it is a business. AB is going to handle the business his way & the Steelers will handle business their way. Which side has a lot more money, influence & ability to spin the narrative I'll let you figure out.

I have no issues with how Antonio Brown has handled himself throughout his career. And putting blame on guys like him or Terrell Owens or Odell Beckham who do not act like how people want them to act for the "me too generation" is a very simplistic approach.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:18 am

ArrylT wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:08 am People act like Antonio Brown is alone at fault. He doesnt do the reporting or the memes. Not to mention you said sport - the NFL is not a sport it is a business. AB is going to handle the business his way & the Steelers will handle business their way. Which side has a lot more money, influence & ability to spin the narrative I'll let you figure out.

I have no issues with how Antonio Brown has handled himself throughout his career. And putting blame on guys like him or Terrell Owens or Odell Beckham who do not act like how people want them to act for the "me too generation" is a very simplistic approach.
Hey now, NO FAIR ruining my " Get off My Lawn" moment! Where is that damn remote, I need to watch that Mr. Big Chest video again! :D
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Elroypedro
Starter
Starter

Postby Elroypedro » Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:19 am

ArrylT wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:08 am People act like Antonio Brown is alone at fault. He doesnt do the reporting or the memes. Not to mention you said sport - the NFL is not a sport it is a business. AB is going to handle the business his way & the Steelers will handle business their way. Which side has a lot more money, influence & ability to spin the narrative I'll let you figure out.

I very much agree.

But at the same time I wish he would be more mature and cautious/conservative in his “negotiation.” He is walking too close to the same line Lev Bell did last year and that led to Bell holding out for a year, which was awful for not just fantasy owners but for himself, his career, and his bank account. I hope everything just works itself out and AB gets to a place quickly where he can get settled and get his off season epic workouts done and he kills it next year
Team 1
10 team .5 PPR, 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1 TE, 1Flex

QB: Brees, Cousins
RB: McCaffery, Guice, D Williams, Breida, Drake, Penny, S Ware, R Jones, J Adams, I Smith
WR: A Brown, Jeffery, Robinson, Ridley, Pettis, Miller, Shepard, Callaway, MVS, Washington
TE: Kelce, Herndon

Picks:
2019 1.10, 2.10, 3.10, 4.10
2020 1, 2, 3, 4

*2018 Champ*

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:23 am

Feels like people covering for Rappaport now, although it wouldn't be farfetched to believe that no one wants to actually play in Buffalo.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:36 am

No argument there - I certainly do not think that the approach AB and his team are taking is the best approach - but I think this is more a case of them taking what they feel is the right approach, and then having that spun out of control by other forces.

This may seem off-topic, but I would recommend anyone interested to read a book on the behind the scenes goings ons of a reality show, like The Bachelor or Survivor or The Hills and how it is all about how to manipulate, control & break down people to get them to say & do things they might not normally say/do . A lot of those contestants go in thinking it is not going to happen to me. I think the same thing occurs to NFL players - they believe they can handle all that is thrown at them in the NFL, and then find out that, down the road they find themselves saying or doing things they never expected to. And boom once it has been said or done - it cannot be taken back - the perception has already been created & passed on for mass consumption.

i do not think Antonio Brown has suddenly turned into a "diva" or a "crazy person". I think he is the same hardworking talent that he has always been - he is just in a situation, partially of his own choosing, partially out of his control, where now everything he says or does is goign to be dissected and people will find & take things from it and spin it in ways that do not benefit Antonio Brown.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:41 am

It's fun being a Bills fan . ...
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

Elroypedro
Starter
Starter

Postby Elroypedro » Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:52 am

ArrylT wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:36 am No argument there - I certainly do not think that the approach AB and his team are taking is the best approach - but I think this is more a case of them taking what they feel is the right approach, and then having that spun out of control by other forces.

This may seem off-topic, but I would recommend anyone interested to read a book on the behind the scenes goings ons of a reality show, like The Bachelor or Survivor or The Hills and how it is all about how to manipulate, control & break down people to get them to say & do things they might not normally say/do . A lot of those contestants go in thinking it is not going to happen to me. I think the same thing occurs to NFL players - they believe they can handle all that is thrown at them in the NFL, and then find out that, down the road they find themselves saying or doing things they never expected to. And boom once it has been said or done - it cannot be taken back - the perception has already been created & passed on for mass consumption.

i do not think Antonio Brown has suddenly turned into a "diva" or a "crazy person". I think he is the same hardworking talent that he has always been - he is just in a situation, partially of his own choosing, partially out of his control, where now everything he says or does is goign to be dissected and people will find & take things from it and spin it in ways that do not benefit Antonio Brown.
Again, totally agree with this.
Team 1
10 team .5 PPR, 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1 TE, 1Flex

QB: Brees, Cousins
RB: McCaffery, Guice, D Williams, Breida, Drake, Penny, S Ware, R Jones, J Adams, I Smith
WR: A Brown, Jeffery, Robinson, Ridley, Pettis, Miller, Shepard, Callaway, MVS, Washington
TE: Kelce, Herndon

Picks:
2019 1.10, 2.10, 3.10, 4.10
2020 1, 2, 3, 4

*2018 Champ*

ebsteelers
Role Player
Role Player

Postby ebsteelers » Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:55 am

the moustache dye has gotten into browns bloodstream

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:13 am

ArrylT wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:36 am i do not think Antonio Brown has suddenly turned into a "diva" or a "crazy person". I think he is the same hardworking talent that he has always been - he is just in a situation, partially of his own choosing, partially out of his control, where now everything he says or does is goign to be dissected and people will find & take things from it and spin it in ways that do not benefit Antonio Brown.
To a degree, sure, but Brown has also taken the opportunity to put himself squarely in the spotlight with everything he's said and done. No doubt, there's plenty of baiting going on (that's often what the media solely does) but it doesn't help when you've shown that you're not a very "cool-headed" person and you feed right into their hands.

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:56 am

Well, I'll respectfully disagree. I'd say it is the very opposite of a simplistic approach. The manor in which he puts himself out there on public tweets, and what he says about who he will or will not play for etc IS THE PROBLEM. There simply is a far more dignified way to do what he wants to do. HE is being an immature diva. I'm not saying that this isn't a business or that he shouldn't care about himself as a business asset. I am however saying that they way he portrays himself is negative, brash, rude, immature, and frankly he sets an incredibly poor example to kids that pay attention to this. It is complete BS and I'll agree that I had no issues with him for most of his career, but for hte past 6 months or so, that has changed. He is now more of a spoiled brat, POS and I will put blame on him because he is calling for it. "ME to generation" is what they are and frankly, I didn't like the way that T Owens handled himself either. So, there's that. These guys are grown up versions of spoiled brats with money. Grow up, be a man, communicate effectively, don't throw temper tantrums in public in order to get your way.... How the F do you defend that approach? It is indefensible in my world view. Pathetic way of going about business, horrible example to set, and as far as I'm concerned, I hope he is done and retires. Peace out girl scout. Defend him all you want but those of you with kids... the next time your kid throws a temper tantrum, be sure to give in and let your kid have his or her way. Because, that is precisely what you are saying you'd support.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

pvillebiker
Captain
Captain

Postby pvillebiker » Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:57 am

Let's see, that list of AB "must have's" for his new team is getting longer,
1. Gotta be a winner, i.e. super bowl contender
2. Gotta rework my deal
3. Gotta be okay with my agent and me

Otherwise, AB has the ultimate veto, "I won't report", on any team that still wants him. Can't imagine there's many teams left that fit the Bill(s) (Sorry Buffalo!) *and* think he'd be worth the risk.

Oh and there's this, any team seriously considering AB would have to also seriously consider OBJ. OBJ is younger, more stable (gulp), just as much upside, yada yada. If I'm the Raiders, Niners or even GreenBay I'd take OBJ over AB every time. Now if the "it'll take 2 first rounders" OBJ cost is true, then that could be a deal breaker...

The cruelest karma for AB and the Steelers would be if he ends up right back in Steeltown. Just waiting for that ultimatum to come out of Steeler's HQ just before (or after?) the NFL draft next month: "Come back here and play nice or retire buddy." No way that could happen, right?