Rotoworld Analysis is a Joke

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Lotto4Life
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Rotoworld Analysis is a Joke

Postby Lotto4Life » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:58 am

Please start a new thread for this Steveeb. Thanks.

AZK
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby AZK » Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:46 am

Rotoworld gets a lot of jokes thrown around here about their analysis but I got a good laugh about this one:

"Broncos re-signed LS Casey Kreiter to a one-year, $1 million contract.
Kreiter was a restricted free agent, but the Broncos will get him back for less than the lowest tender. The snapper of snaps longer than other snaps in Denver since 2016, it was determined Kreiter snapped snaps longer than usual snaps better than any other snapper of such snaps last season, earning him a Pro Bowl berth."
Ainslie-Rachlin Law, "Our decisions... are guided by the perceived values at the moment of the decision - not by the potential final value."

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:43 am

Haha, I get a kick out of some of the jabs Rotoworld throws in their write ups.

Hottoddies
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Hottoddies » Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:58 am

AZK wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:46 am Rotoworld gets a lot of jokes thrown around here about their analysis but I got a good laugh about this one:

"Broncos re-signed LS Casey Kreiter to a one-year, $1 million contract.
Kreiter was a restricted free agent, but the Broncos will get him back for less than the lowest tender. The snapper of snaps longer than other snaps in Denver since 2016, it was determined Kreiter snapped snaps longer than usual snaps better than any other snapper of such snaps last season, earning him a Pro Bowl berth."
This little joke is getting old. I wish he'd just move on and just call them Long Snappers.
"Smart people learn from everything and everyone, average people from their experiences, stupid people already have all the answers." - Socrates

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:04 am

Rotoworld is a joke. It's been a joke for some time. I'd read it for it's humor more than its un biased clarity and accuracy. I chuckle at the thought of using it as a real avenue of information.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:41 am

JFever wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:04 am Rotoworld is a joke. It's been a joke for some time. I'd read it for it's humor more than its un biased clarity and accuracy. I chuckle at the thought of using it as a real avenue of information.
I firmly disagree with this. It's a great aggregator of information. Rotoworld blurbs are a poor source for analysis. There's a distinction, and maybe you were talking about analysis.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

Hottoddies
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Hottoddies » Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:14 pm

OhCruelestRanter wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:41 am
JFever wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:04 am Rotoworld is a joke. It's been a joke for some time. I'd read it for it's humor more than its un biased clarity and accuracy. I chuckle at the thought of using it as a real avenue of information.
I firmly disagree with this. It's a great aggregator of information. Rotoworld blurbs are a poor source for analysis. There's a distinction, and maybe you were talking about analysis.
Years ago I was getting my news feed from CBS Sports, but due to numerous daily typos I switched to Rotoworld blurbs. I felt that these typos could lead to disastrously bad info and was no longer a reliable source. I really don't pay any attention to the analysis but I found that the news was both more accurate and comprehensive than CBS Sports. Now if there is a better source for NFL news, I would be happy to switch again.
"Smart people learn from everything and everyone, average people from their experiences, stupid people already have all the answers." - Socrates

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:30 pm

OhCruelestRanter wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:41 am
Very well said. I wholeheartedly agree.
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:16 pm

Problem is, it is selective and it frequently puts out half truths and partial stories. I'm not against reading or using Roto as one of several sources in order to keep up with recent developments or news, but depending on it as a primary source is a sizable mistake.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

Hottoddies
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Hottoddies » Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:04 pm

JFever wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:16 pm Problem is, it is selective and it frequently puts out half truths and partial stories. I'm not against reading or using Roto as one of several sources in order to keep up with recent developments or news, but depending on it as a primary source is a sizable mistake.
I can always click on the source of the story if I need more info, but if you have a better news feed I'm all ears.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:46 pm

The rotoworld blurbs too often include opinionated takes no more informed or credible than our own takes here on this forum.

I wish rotoworld blurbs would just stick to facts and direct quotes without their attempt to 'interpret' that information.

I mostly ignore the anonymous writer's 'take' and just click the sourced link at the bottom. In this way I treat rotoworld's wire like a news link aggregator, which is all it should be.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

Blueboy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Blueboy » Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:35 pm

ninotoreS wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:46 pm The rotoworld blurbs too often include opinionated takes no more informed or credible than our own takes here on this forum.

I wish rotoworld blurbs would just stick to facts and direct quotes without their attempt to 'interpret' that information.

I mostly ignore the anonymous writer's 'take' and just click the sourced link at the bottom. In this way I treat rotoworld's wire like a news link aggregator, which is all it should be.
Agreed. Rotoworld and similar sites utilize large amounts of writers, mostly working for around minimum wage, posting anonymously. It's not a system that encourages quality updates. Use them for the information updates, not the analysis.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:37 pm

I stopped taking Rotoworld even remotely seriously when they were campaigning that Jeff Janis was better than Davante Adams. They definitely have their favorites, so it's not really a place to get objective views. Though, it's an excellent source to get all your news bits in one place.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:43 pm

I still chuckle about Jeff Janis. Janis had one nice box-score in a playoff game because of a couple of long bombs he caught because Arizona ignored him in their game-planning, and rotoworld's blurbs were ready to anoint him a superstar. Janis had never done anything in the regular season before that, and he never did anything after that. Matt Kelley was so very hot for him, too. I think the writer of those rotoworld Janis blurbs must have been a listener of Kelley's podcasts.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

dlf_kenm
Administrator

Postby dlf_kenm » Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:28 pm

They are far less frequent than Rotoviz's, but hopefully they are better. We produce dynasty focused Player News items as well. It's not easy, you may not always agree, but we do at least genuinely care and try.

https://dynastyleaguefootball.com/player-news/