Josh Jacobs: Moving On Up

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

What does Josh Jacobs have to do to be the 1.01?

Postby wickerkat1212 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:46 pm

So I'm wondering—the rbs at the combine were not very impressive IMO. I think Jacobs still has the potential to be the #1 RB taken at 1.0 1in rookie drafts.

What has to happen between now and your fantasy draft for him to cement that spot?
Last edited by wickerkat1212 on Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

Hottoddies
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: What does Josh Jacobs have to do to be the 1.01?

Postby Hottoddies » Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:37 pm

A great landing spot in the NFL draft.
"Smart people learn from everything and everyone, average people from their experiences, stupid people already have all the answers." - Socrates

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:38 pm

Most RBS did average but Sanders did alot to push for that top RB spot. For Jacobs it's all about where he gets drafted, not really much more to it.

Huh
Starter
Starter

Postby Huh » Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:45 pm

He needed to produce at the college level and destroy the combine. He didn’t do either. The only thing he’s accomplished was weighing 220 when I thought he would be 210. We know almost nothing about this guy and I’m still trying to trade up to get him. I feel like we’ll all look like suckers down the road, but those traits. Those traits ...

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:49 pm

Change his name.

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:52 pm

Jacobs has been receiving top-25 hype for several weeks now, and Sanders was widely viewed as a 3rd/4th rounder all winter. If that's where these 2 land in the draft, you'd have to be one brave mofo to take Sanders in the top 3. Now, given Sanders' electric combine, I do expect him to go somewhere between the late 1st and late 2nd round.

For Jacobs to be hands down the 1.01, he has to be the only RB drafted in the 1st round, Sanders has to drafted outside of the top 60, and Metcalf has to be drafted late in the 1st, ideally by the Ravens.

I already expect all the WRs not named DK Metcalf to go no earlier than the mid-First, so I don't see Harry, M. Brown, Harmon, or Butler being very common 1.01s in rookie drafts.
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:52 pm

I still remember when “opportunity” made Bishop Sankey into the #1 RB off the board in 2014.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:54 pm

Goddard wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:49 pm Change his name.
Haha I was going to say that for him to be the 1.01 in the NFL draft he just needed to change his name to Kyler Murray. :lol:
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:58 pm

lukkynumber13 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:52 pm Jacobs has been receiving top-25 hype for several weeks now, and Sanders was widely viewed as a 3rd/4th rounder all winter. If that's where these 2 land in the draft, you'd have to be one brave mofo to take Sanders in the top 3. Now, given Sanders' electric combine, I do expect him to go somewhere between the late 1st and late 2nd round.

For Jacobs to be hands down the 1.01, he has to be the only RB drafted in the 1st round, Sanders has to drafted outside of the top 60, and Metcalf has to be drafted late in the 1st, ideally by the Ravens.

I already expect all the WRs not named DK Metcalf to go no earlier than the mid-First, so I don't see Harry, M. Brown, Harmon, or Butler being very common 1.01s in rookie drafts.
I don't think Sanders is a first round back, but definitely 2nd. Harmon had a terrible combine, and apparently he is almost 23, not 21 like it was originially thought. I had him very high, and I'm not sure I'd pick him in the first of a rookie draft at this point.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Forza_Azzurri
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Forza_Azzurri » Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:02 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:58 pm
lukkynumber13 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:52 pm Jacobs has been receiving top-25 hype for several weeks now, and Sanders was widely viewed as a 3rd/4th rounder all winter. If that's where these 2 land in the draft, you'd have to be one brave mofo to take Sanders in the top 3. Now, given Sanders' electric combine, I do expect him to go somewhere between the late 1st and late 2nd round.

I don't think Sanders is a first round back, but definitely 2nd. Harmon had a terrible combine, and apparently he is almost 23, not 21 like it was originially thought. I had him very high, and I'm not sure I'd pick him in the first of a rookie draft at this point.
Wut??? Is he also a Dominican Little Leaguer?

Forza_Azzurri
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Forza_Azzurri » Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:04 pm

^this.

I’d add he also needs to perform on par with Sanders combine performance at his pro day ... if he outperforms it, he’s likely to be in 1.01 conversation regardless of his landing spot.

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:41 pm

Land with the Iggles !!!

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:52 pm

Getting drafted by the Chiefs could do it.
12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Burrow
RB |
WR | Puka, Olave, Smith, Flowers, Dotson, Addison
TE | Pitts, Otton, Bellinger, Likely, Okonkwo
2024 | 1.01, 1.02, 4.01, 5.01
| 1stx3, 3rdx3

10 Team | SF | PPR | 2023 Champ
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Allen, Stroud, Young
RB | K Williams, White, Monty, Herbert, Chandler
WR | Lamb, AJB, Puka, Waddle, Mooney, J. Williams, Watson, Davis
TE | Andrews, Bellinger, Dulcich
2024 | 1.04, 3.10

12 Team | SF | PPR | 1.5TEP | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, FL, SF

QB | Herbert Lance
RB | ETN, Pacheco, K Williams, Singletary, Henry, A Jones, Warren
WR | ARSB, Wilson, Olave, DK, Puka, Flowers, Downs,
TE | Hockenson, Likely, Otton

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:52 pm

He is my 1.01 in a half ppr
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

XxBallMeBlazerxX
Rookie
Rookie

Postby XxBallMeBlazerxX » Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:54 pm

Not beat up his girlfriend, if he has one...or anyone else for that matter.