Does your league do anything for (to?) last place?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
bronx
Role Player
Role Player

Does your league do anything for (to?) last place?

Postby bronx » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:51 am

Came across this gem that seriously has me cracking up...

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2019/02/fantas ... nut-butter

And it got me wondering if any leagues here actually do anything remotely similar. I thought the SAT idea was comically clever, too.
12-team PPR IDP Dynasty
League Champion '16, '18

QB: T. Brady, J. Hurts
RB: A. Jones, C. Edwards-Helaire, J.K. Dobbins, D. Harris, S. Michel, J. Kelley, J. Wilson
WR: D. Adams, D. Hopkins, M. Evans, A. Cooper, D. Moore, C. Davis, M. Brown, A. Brown, S. Watkins
TE: T. Kelce, T. Higbee, A. Okwuegbunam
DL: J. Allen, M. Crosby, Y. Gross-Matos
LB: R. Smith, B. Wagner, H. Reddick, J. Hicks, L. Floyd, C. Moseley, D. Hightower, B. Dupree, C. Littleton
DB: D. James, J. Jones, K. Dugger, X. McKinney, X. Howard

2021 2nd (4x), 3rd (3x)

#bleedblue

GridironGuerilla
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Does your league do anything for (to?) last place?

Postby GridironGuerilla » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:03 am

No, just award the loser bracket winner a virtual trophy and in some leagues the last pick in the 2nd or 3rd round. Nothing to actual last place in end of regular season standings.
"If on 4th down, the quarterback doesn't complete his pass, they will turn over the ball."

-Booger McFarlland

Paul717
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Paul717 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:47 pm

That's funny stuff. Our league is now too spread out geographically to do anything cool like that. We do ensure the last place team in the regular season picks no later than 3rd overall during the lottery process.
"Marathon Square" - 16 team full PPR league with 24 player roster. Keep 16 per year indefinitely, draft 8. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 Team DST
QB: Jordan Love, Deshaun Watson
RB: Travis Etienne, Aaron Jones, Jamaal Williams, Kendre Miller, Jaleel McLaughlin, Sean Tucker, Deuce Vaughn
WR: A.J. Brown, Garrett Wilson, Tee Higgins, Calvin Ridley, Michael Wilson, Kendrick Bourne, Tutu Atwell, Allen Lazard, Isaiah Hodgins, Xavier Hutchinson
TE: T.J. Hockenson, Cole Kmet, Kylen Granson
K: Didn't make the playoffs in 2023 :cry: , and don't usually hold one in the offseason
Team DST: Cowboys, Lions

Picks:
2024: All my picks except 3rd rounder

Disclaimer: My one and only Championship in this league was way back in 2011. Therefore, take my replies with the appropriate grain of salt. :lol:

dizzler
Role Player
Role Player

Postby dizzler » Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:15 pm

Tattoo's to last place. Going on year 3 and 2 a** tats have been given out. Winner picks the tattoo
Team 1 - Super Kamario Bros (12 Team - PPR) ( QB -1 , RB -2 , WR - 2, Te -1, FLX - 1, SuperFLX - 1, DP - 2, K- 1)
QB -Wentz, Newton, Ryan, Haskins (R)
RB -Zeke, Kamara, Drake, Ballage; Thompson, Ajayi
WR - D Hopkins, Julio, A. Miller, Coutee, AJ Brown (R) , Marvin Jones, Mclaurin (R),
Te -Delanie, Ebron, Oliver (R)
2020:3, 4, 4, 4, 5, 5
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Kerryon Luggage (12 Team - 2TE PPR) ( QB -1 , RB -2 , WR - 2, Te -2, FLX - 1, SuperFLX - 1, DP - 2, K- 1)
QB - Jimmy G, Josh Allen, Mariota
RB - Kerryon, Jamaal Will, Drake, Ballage, Miles Sanders (R), Justice Hill (R), Myles Gaskins (R)
Wr - Micheal Thomas, Zay Jones, Curtis Samuel, Crowder, Coutee, Aj Brown (R), Marquise Brown (R), Keesean Johnson (R), Kelvin Harmon (R)
Te- Engram, Oj Howard, Josh Oliver (R)
2020: 3,3,3, 5

snaps06
Captain
Captain

Postby snaps06 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:14 pm

I have one league that has a rotating punishment that is chosen by the team that finishes first in the regular season. Our rules were it couldn't be permanent (no tats) and could not jeopardize our jobs (for example, I'm a teacher and have to watch what goes on social media). Here's what the punishment was each year.

Year 1) Recreate Adele's "Hello" music video and post it online.

Year 2) Write a song about how much better every other team in league is than yours and post yourself performing it online.

Year 3) Video and time/measure yourself doing some NFL combine events (shuttle run, 40, 135 lb bench, broad jump, vertical), take the Wonderlic test, and time yourself chugging a beer. This one is being repeated this year, and some of the guys in the league are going to Nashville for the draft where last place will do all of that stuff in the city haha.
Team 1: 12-Team 0.5 PPR '16 & '17 3rd, '20 2nd Place
REBUILD STARTED 2019
QB RB RB WR WR TE Flex Flex Flex
Kyler,Stafford,Herbert
Zeke,Sanders,Swift,Moss,Robinson,Mattison,Gio
Cooper,Juju,AJB,Reagor,Ruggs,Mims,Kirk,Bateman,Moore
Kelce,Henry
2022: 2,3,4

Team 2: 12-Team 0.5 PPR '17 & '20 2nd Place
QB RB RB WR WR TE Flex Flex
Rodgers,Stafford
Zeke,Conner,Robinson,Dillon,CEvans,Mattison,Edmonds,Davis
Hopkins,Thomas,Woods,Cooks,Toney,MWilliams,
Kittle,Henry,Freier
2022:1,1,2,3,4

Team 3: 14-Team SF,PPR,0.25/rush '18 3rd Place, 2020 Champ :dance:
QB RB RB WR WR TE Flex Flex Flex SFlex
Cousins,Kyler,Carr,Trask
Jacobs,Gibson,Robinson,LMurray,Ingram,Moss,Gio,SScott
Evans,Nuk,DJM,Boyd,Davis
Fant,Hooper,Gronk
2022:2,4
2023:1,1,2,3,4

Team 4: 12-TeamSF,0.5PPR,TE1PPR 2020 Champ :dance:
QB RB RB WR WR WR TE FLEX FLEX SFlex
Allen,Tanny,Cam,MacJones
Taylor,Akers,Montgomery,Gibson,Robinson,Harris,McKissic,SScott
DKM,Evans,Juju,Cooks,MWilliams,Trequan
Engram,Hurst,Gronk,Long

bronx
Role Player
Role Player

Postby bronx » Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:26 pm

snaps06 wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:14 pm I have one league that has a rotating punishment that is chosen by the team that finishes first in the regular season. Our rules were it couldn't be permanent (no tats) and could not jeopardize our jobs (for example, I'm a teacher and have to watch what goes on social media). Here's what the punishment was each year.

Year 2) Write a song about how much better every other team in league is than yours and post yourself performing it online.

Year 3) Video and time/measure yourself doing some NFL combine events (shuttle run, 40, 135 lb bench, broad jump, vertical), take the Wonderlic test, and time yourself chugging a beer. This one is being repeated this year, and some of the guys in the league are going to Nashville for the draft where last place will do all of that stuff in the city haha.
I seriously love that last idea. Similar to the first reply, the leagues I am in simply award the winner of the Toilet Bowl a compensatory pick at the end of a round. But that article and video got me thinking if we should do more.

Performing the Combine events and completing the SAT (from the article) are probably my favorites. Haha.
dizzler wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:15 pm Tattoo's to last place. Going on year 3 and 2 a** tats have been given out. Winner picks the tattoo
Has there been any turnover in your league because of the tattoo punishment? What are the limitations on the tattoo? I mean, say your league buy-in is $100. I'm not going to spend $250 on a shaming tattoo.
12-team PPR IDP Dynasty
League Champion '16, '18

QB: T. Brady, J. Hurts
RB: A. Jones, C. Edwards-Helaire, J.K. Dobbins, D. Harris, S. Michel, J. Kelley, J. Wilson
WR: D. Adams, D. Hopkins, M. Evans, A. Cooper, D. Moore, C. Davis, M. Brown, A. Brown, S. Watkins
TE: T. Kelce, T. Higbee, A. Okwuegbunam
DL: J. Allen, M. Crosby, Y. Gross-Matos
LB: R. Smith, B. Wagner, H. Reddick, J. Hicks, L. Floyd, C. Moseley, D. Hightower, B. Dupree, C. Littleton
DB: D. James, J. Jones, K. Dugger, X. McKinney, X. Howard

2021 2nd (4x), 3rd (3x)

#bleedblue

dizzler
Role Player
Role Player

Postby dizzler » Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:29 pm

bronx wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:26 pm
snaps06 wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:14 pm I have one league that has a rotating punishment that is chosen by the team that finishes first in the regular season. Our rules were it couldn't be permanent (no tats) and could not jeopardize our jobs (for example, I'm a teacher and have to watch what goes on social media). Here's what the punishment was each year.

I seriously love that last idea. Similar to the first reply, the leagues I am in simply award the winner of the Toilet Bowl a compensatory pick at the end of a round. But that article and video got me thinking if we should do more.

Performing the Combine events and completing the SAT (from the article) are probably my favorites. Haha.
dizzler wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:15 pm Tattoo's to last place. Going on year 3 and 2 a** tats have been given out. Winner picks the tattoo
Has there been any turnover in your league because of the tattoo punishment? What are the limitations on the tattoo? I mean, say your league buy-in is $100. I'm not going to spend $250 on a shaming tattoo.
No turnover once the rule went into effect. It's a small 10 man league between all close friends so everyone complies pretty well. We did have a few drop out when we established the rule as the first year we didn't have the rule in place but the spots got filled quickly. Only limitations is it can't be anything vulgar, nudity or explicit and has to be under 60$. Tattoo fee comes out of the league fee to join. The two tattoos so far have been a unicorn (from my little pony) and the Johnny Chimpo ( from super troopers)
Team 1 - Super Kamario Bros (12 Team - PPR) ( QB -1 , RB -2 , WR - 2, Te -1, FLX - 1, SuperFLX - 1, DP - 2, K- 1)
QB -Wentz, Newton, Ryan, Haskins (R)
RB -Zeke, Kamara, Drake, Ballage; Thompson, Ajayi
WR - D Hopkins, Julio, A. Miller, Coutee, AJ Brown (R) , Marvin Jones, Mclaurin (R),
Te -Delanie, Ebron, Oliver (R)
2020:3, 4, 4, 4, 5, 5
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Kerryon Luggage (12 Team - 2TE PPR) ( QB -1 , RB -2 , WR - 2, Te -2, FLX - 1, SuperFLX - 1, DP - 2, K- 1)
QB - Jimmy G, Josh Allen, Mariota
RB - Kerryon, Jamaal Will, Drake, Ballage, Miles Sanders (R), Justice Hill (R), Myles Gaskins (R)
Wr - Micheal Thomas, Zay Jones, Curtis Samuel, Crowder, Coutee, Aj Brown (R), Marquise Brown (R), Keesean Johnson (R), Kelvin Harmon (R)
Te- Engram, Oj Howard, Josh Oliver (R)
2020: 3,3,3, 5

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:30 pm

My re-draft does last place pays an additional $20. ($100 buy in)

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:40 pm

In one of my leagues, we've will send a toilet plunger to the worst team in the league, and the plunger has the name of a former league member who left the league in less than impressive circumstances. As he's an established DLF poster, won't identify the league or the member.

;)

Seriously though, the more fun bleep you add to a league, the more fun it will be and the MORE attention it's members will dedicate to the league BOTH during the season and during the off-season. This includes end of the season awards, rotating champions trophy, toilet bowl gimick, spring (online) owners meeting, etc.

Pet_Smith
Starter
Starter

Postby Pet_Smith » Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:12 am

Love the idea of last having to do the combine drills! Wish one of my leagues would implement this...
Dynasty - 9th year, 12-team, Standard scoring, 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2FLEX, 1K, 1DE/DT, 1LB, 1CB/S - 25man roster / 6 Taxi Squad
'17 Champ, '18 Runner Up, '23 rebuild

QB Watson, A Richardson, O' Connel (TS)
RB Gibbs, Akers, Dillon Carter, Bigsby, Chase Brown, Mcintosh, Tucker, Hull (TS)
WR Metcalf, DJ Moore, Addison, Meyers, Van Jefferson, Collins, Claypool, Mingo (TS), Hyatt (TS), Wilson (TS)
TE Higbee, Freirmuth, Otton (TS)
K Joseph
DE/DT Hunter
LB Franklin Simmons
C/S James

1.01, 1.04

afrye1
Role Player
Role Player

Postby afrye1 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:33 am

We have a small 10 team league of friends. We just started this league last year. We are awarding last place a camo toilet seat with their name engraved and they have to display it at their house with periodic pictures through the year. We all know people won’t keep it up all year but it’s a funny little thing we do.
Team 1
Start 1 QB 2RB 2 WR 1 TE 2 flex 1 SF
QB: L.JACKSON WILSON Mayfield Mac Jones Trevor siemien Mike White
RB: BARKLEY A.JONES Aj Dillion James Robinson Mike Davis gaskin Lindsey rojo drake ozigbo n.hines Doaks Herbert eno Benjamin
WR: T.HILL Diggs NUK McLaurin Gallup P.Williams Allen lazard MVS Bowden Van Jefferson D.Harris Q.cephus, Darby
TE: KITTLE Evan Engram RSJ hunter long

6 pts for TD full PPR .25 PPC 1 pt per 10 rushing/receiving yards 1 pt per 20 passing yards

Team 2
10 team PPR league
4 pt passing td. 6 pt for all other TD.
QB: DAK, Matt Ryan, Taysom Hill
RB: Chubb, Miles Sanders, James Robinson Akers, T.coleman, Royce Freeman,Chase Edmonds, Ryquell Armstead, Joshua Kelly, L.perine,
WR: MT, Tyreek Hill, Godwin, JUJU, Mclaurin, M.Brown, Sterling Shepard, Preston Williams, PLazard, John Ross, Trequan Smith,Harmon, Ruggs, T.Higgins
TE: Kittle, Hunter Henry,OJ Howard,
K: Butker
DEF: Colts Packers Browns
start: 1 QB 2 WR 2 RB 1TE 2 flex
2021: 2x 1sts
2022: 3rd, 4th

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:05 am

Not much, besides we tar and feather the loser in one of my leagues. Pretty standard stuff.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

JJRules
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby JJRules » Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:14 am

We don't do anything particularly fun, but last place in each division throws some extra money - half of the annual buy-in - towards their respective division winner.
10-team Superflex, 0.5 PPR, 15-man rosters, pseudo-dynasty
Keep any number of players (0-15), lose same number of draft picks
2010, 2015, 2020 - 🏆, 2013 - 🥈

QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, SF, FLEX, D/ST

QB: Dak, Watson
RB: Swift, Robinson Jr, Singletary, Brown, Hubbard, Zeus, Herbert
WR: Wilson, Olave, Pickens, Aiyuk
TE: Pitts, LaPorta
D/ST:

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyBjj » Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:38 am

We do our rookie draft at a bar each year and have a good time

Last year's loser of the toilet bowl has to wear a tiarra and a tutu for the duration

One year, one guy's boss saw him at the Buffalo Wild Wings and came over lol
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol