What to make of the AB situation?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Re: What to make of the AB situation?

Postby Phaded » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:24 pm

CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports the Steelers aren't willing to trade Antonio Brown to the Patriots or inside the AFC North.
Not exactly surprising, but noteworthy.

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:43 pm

Dude sounds like a complete DIVA!
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:54 am

IDK, Brown IS a bit of a Diva, but Roethlisberger is also a complete douche. I don't stand against Bell for his moves, but it did create another dynamic in that locker room, and I think all that rubber him the wrong way. We have no idea, so I don't judge too harshly. He has had problems in the past, but he ins't on OchoCinco level, or TO. That franchise/locker room is in disarray right now. Roethlishberger has alway been an A$$ hat. He has problem with his co-ordinators, he does that crap on the motorcycle, he has issues with possible rape. Just listening to the way he talks to the media when they aren't playing well, the fact he specifically made comments about someone else's contract dispute (Bell). Not surprising with all these highly talented vets with quirky personalities didn't jive after a few year. Not necessarily passing blame on any of them, but it's just not surprising given the circumstances.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

IBall2
All Pro
All Pro

Postby IBall2 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:05 am

Phaded wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:24 pm
CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports the Steelers aren't willing to trade Antonio Brown to the Patriots or inside the AFC North.
Not exactly surprising, but noteworthy.
I wonder if a team like San Fran or Arizona would be willing to be the middle man in a trade for AB? Steelers want him to go out west to a team they wouldn't see often. But nothing is keeping Arizona or San Fran from turning around and trading him back to an AFC North team for a slight premium?

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:37 am

Here's the teams with the most cap space. The Colts would sure be a fun landing spot to team up with Luck & TY Hilton.

Cap_Space.JPG
Cap_Space.JPG (138.98 KiB) Viewed 408 times
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:01 am

Wonder if it's related that AB has really gone mental ever since Juju has arrived and exploded.

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:47 am

Servo wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:01 am Wonder if it's related that AB has really gone mental ever since Juju has arrived and exploded.
Definitely related. There's the "why was he voted team MVP" thing. And, there was something in an article where be was reading a defense, running a route to get open but not getting the ball. Roethlisberger was looking where Brown was supposed to be according to the play design, not seeing him there and throwing to juju instead, who was where the play called him to be.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

osubuckeyeman
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby osubuckeyeman » Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:39 pm

Fantasyfanatic11 wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:58 am As an AB owner, him leaving is great for his value. If Big Ben retired in a year or two his value would plummet. But if he ends up on a team like SF with Jimmy GQ as his QB for the next 5 years then his value will stay as is, if not go up.
Of course, he could end up in Washington, Oakland or maybe Buffalo(might not be a bad spot).

The risk is there that he ends up on a bad team.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:49 pm

If he ends up on the Raiders he would get FED.

dizzler
Role Player
Role Player

Postby dizzler » Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:53 pm

As a Titans fan, Mariota sure does need some help ( outside of his own QB issues ). Send a LB and pick(s) to PIT for AB. They love LB's in this city.
Team 1 - Super Kamario Bros (12 Team - PPR) ( QB -1 , RB -2 , WR - 2, Te -1, FLX - 1, SuperFLX - 1, DP - 2, K- 1)
QB -Wentz, Newton, Ryan, Haskins (R)
RB -Zeke, Kamara, Drake, Ballage; Thompson, Ajayi
WR - D Hopkins, Julio, A. Miller, Coutee, AJ Brown (R) , Marvin Jones, Mclaurin (R),
Te -Delanie, Ebron, Oliver (R)
2020:3, 4, 4, 4, 5, 5
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Kerryon Luggage (12 Team - 2TE PPR) ( QB -1 , RB -2 , WR - 2, Te -2, FLX - 1, SuperFLX - 1, DP - 2, K- 1)
QB - Jimmy G, Josh Allen, Mariota
RB - Kerryon, Jamaal Will, Drake, Ballage, Miles Sanders (R), Justice Hill (R), Myles Gaskins (R)
Wr - Micheal Thomas, Zay Jones, Curtis Samuel, Crowder, Coutee, Aj Brown (R), Marquise Brown (R), Keesean Johnson (R), Kelvin Harmon (R)
Te- Engram, Oj Howard, Josh Oliver (R)
2020: 3,3,3, 5

Elroypedro
Starter
Starter

Postby Elroypedro » Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:51 pm

Phaded wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:49 pm If he ends up on the Raiders he would get FED.
O/u on TDs would be like 8.5 though right?
Team 1
10 team .5 PPR, 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1 TE, 1Flex

QB: Brees, Cousins
RB: McCaffery, Guice, D Williams, Breida, Drake, Penny, S Ware, R Jones, J Adams, I Smith
WR: A Brown, Jeffery, Robinson, Ridley, Pettis, Miller, Shepard, Callaway, MVS, Washington
TE: Kelce, Herndon

Picks:
2019 1.10, 2.10, 3.10, 4.10
2020 1, 2, 3, 4

*2018 Champ*

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:17 pm

Elroypedro wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:51 pm
Phaded wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:49 pm If he ends up on the Raiders he would get FED.
O/u on TDs would be like 8.5 though right?
Wouldn't argue with that too much as I can see it being right around there give or take a couple - I would expect a ton of receptions and yards, though.

IBall2
All Pro
All Pro

Postby IBall2 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:56 am

Why does everybody thing Brown to the 49ers is a good thing?

The 49ers had nearly 170 less passing attempts last season than the Steelers! Yes, AB would become the defacto WR1 on the team, but is that really a glamorous spot to be in for a team that doesn't have much chemistry between it's positional players and already has an elite TE who projects for another 130+ targets next season? Last year they already skewed pass heavy due to game script (423 run attempts vs 532 pass attempts) 56% pass.

Jimmy Grapes and McKinnon both coming back from injury with 2-3 young WRs that all had between 40-50 targets last season. Only WR they are losing this offseason is Pierre Garcon which frees up like 20 targets.

I don't see elite numbers for AB in a 9ers uniform. Hope he can prove me wrong though if he does go there.

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:18 am

IMO Colts won't touch AB or Bell with a six foot pole, that team is clear that being a team player and preserving the locker room dynamic is the top goal. Think about all the drama from this past year and what have we heard about from the Colts that wasn't explicitly positive other than maybe some Luck shoulder things early or that horrible decision to throw brisset in to lob a deep ball. So there goes the #1 or #2 potential landing spot. My two cents on the matter take it with a grain of salt

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:54 am

I agree with ya on that point mjvb5. I don't see the Colts as a team that would be willing to risk the cohesiveness of their locker room. AB is a very skilled player. As is Bell. Both however come at a cost other than their salary. I think it is very fair to assume that the production that each of these two put forth in a Steeler's uniform will likely be greater than the production that we will see from them at their new places of employment. I'm not saying they won't be fantasy relevant, but, I am saying that they will likely not be elite producers (top 5 or so) at their position any longer. just my 2 cents.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.