Gus Edwards Discussion Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Re: Gus Edwards

Postby Pac_Eddy » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:48 am

osubuckeyeman wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:17 am Are we really talking about a 3rd for Edwards? Come on man!!! Take a look at your 3rd rounders in general. You would rather roll with those odds than Edwards?? I think he is better for a player to player trade value than rookie pick value.
I'm with you. A third doesn't move the needle.

He's a two down thumper, but he can be LaGarrette Blount, who had a decent run as a flex RB or strong depth. And there's a chance he's more than that.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Gus Edwards

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:35 pm

I actually want to see Kenneth Dixon get more action.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

mild
Legend
Legend

Contenders: What are we paying for Gus Edwards?

Postby mild » Mon Aug 30, 2021 2:28 pm

Lost Dobbins. Personally, I'm in a 10 team SF with 0.5 PPR scoring.

A 2nd seems like it's the -right- price, but I don't want to give it up.

A 3rd, it would be done yesterday.

I'm probably going to end up offering 2x 3rds.

How about you guys, what do we think?

dark_knite03
Captain
Captain

Re: Contenders: What are we paying for Gus Edwards?

Postby dark_knite03 » Mon Aug 30, 2021 2:33 pm

2nd and young player or 2x 2nds in 10 team league. No one is going to move him for a 3rd imo
Est '17 12 Team 1PPR 4-Pass 6-Rush/Recieve TD
Start QB RB RB WR WR TE FX FX SF K DL LB DB
Champion 2021.
Geno, Tlaw, M Jones, D.Carr, White
JT, A Jones, Dobbins,Monty,D.Harris, Reyonds
Dillon,Kelley, Warren, Miller, Hill, Penny, Rivers
Diggs, AJB, Jefferson, Chase, Claypool, Juedy, Deebo,WanDale, Mingo, Boutte
Kittle, Andrews,Njoku
Moody

Superflex Est 19' - - Tiered PPR
QB RB RB WR WR WR/RB TE FX SF K D
Dak, Wilson, Watson
Henry, Chubb, ETN, Swift, Gus, Strong, Ford, Spiller, Chandler, Spears
Godwin, DJM , JJ,Kenaan, AJB, Lockett, Austin, Palmer, Boutte
Andrews, Goedert, Juwan, Woods

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Aug 30, 2021 2:41 pm

mild wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 2:28 pm Lost Dobbins. Personally, I'm in a 10 team SF with 0.5 PPR scoring.

Don't think that will get it done. It needs to be a 2nd and a prospect, or 2 seconds, or a first and you get something back. There's just no incentive for someone to move him for that. He was probably worth that before, and now he's in line to be the lead back in a run heavy scheme. I'd gladly pay a 2nd in a 1 QB league. Not enamoured at all with the class next year.

Dr.Graffin
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Dr.Graffin » Mon Aug 30, 2021 2:47 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 2:41 pm
mild wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 2:28 pm Lost Dobbins. Personally, I'm in a 10 team SF with 0.5 PPR scoring.

Don't think that will get it done. It needs to be a 2nd and a prospect, or 2 seconds, or a first and you get something back. There's just no incentive for someone to move him for that. He was probably worth that before, and now he's in line to be the lead back in a run heavy scheme. I'd gladly pay a 2nd in a 1 QB league. Not enamoured at all with the class next year.
I agree a 2nd wouldn't get it done. There's no point in trading a run heavy team's RB1 (even if only for this year) for a 2nd round pick at the start of the year. I'd want a late first, or a 2nd plus a quality, yet to break out player, but if I'm contending, I'm keeping him as a solid RB2.
12 Team Non-PPR, 6pt TDs-22' R/U, 23' R/U
1QB, 2RBs, 2WRs, 1TE, 2Flex (W/R/T), 1K, 1DST
QB: P. Mahomes, R. Tannehill
RB: D. Achane, D. Henry, J. Mixon, A. Ekeler, M. Sanders
WR: T. Hill, D. Smith, D. J. Moore, D. Samuel, T. Higgins, D. Hopkins, O. Beckham, D. Wicks, J. Metchie
TE: T. Kelce, C. Kmet, H. Henry, M. Gesicki
K: J. Tucker
D/ST: Baltimore, Jacksonville
2024 Picks: 4.9

12 Team .5 PPR, 6pt TDs
1QB, 2RBs, 2WRs, 1TE, 3Flex (W/R/T), 1K, 1DST
QB: J. Love, J. Herbert
RB: S. Barkley, J. Cook, I. Pacheco, Br. Robinson, D. Singletary, D. Pierce
WR: D. J. Moore, J. Waddle, Z. Flowers, T. Higgins, C. Watson, J. Downs, J. Dotson, R. Shaheed
TE: T. McBride, H. Henry, M. Gesicki, C. Okonkwo, J. Woods
K: T. Bass
D/ST: Jacksonville, Indianapolis
2024 Picks: 2.7, 3.2, 4.11

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Mon Aug 30, 2021 2:53 pm

I think it's going to take a 1st. It might be possible to toss a 2nd and a couple of shiny baubles (Juju/Higgins/Shenault/etc) at the Gus owner to see if he bites. If I'm a true contender with Gus, I'm happy to give up a 1st. Even if I don't win the championship I should be good enough that the pick is 1.08-1.10. To me, that's a good price for a NFL starting RB that's projected to be RB13-20.

For instance, if with the Dobbins injury you're forced to start a RB2 like Lindsay or a Flex like McKissick, I think it's worth it to replace those guys with Gus.

A 1st should get it done. A 2nd+Juju is the beginning of a long (and likely fruitless) negotiation.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Aug 30, 2021 2:56 pm

Dr.Graffin wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 2:47 pm

I agree a 2nd wouldn't get it done. There's no point in trading a run heavy team's RB1 (even if only for this year) for a 2nd round pick at the start of the year. I'd want a late first, or a 2nd plus a quality, yet to break out player, but if I'm contending, I'm keeping him as a solid RB2.
This gets me back to a point I was trying to make in another thread. Many will read that and say, "well he's not worth a first". While he may not be viewed that way, often, trading requires incentive. In this case, you need to provide somebody with the incentive to move off the player. This is one of those cases. To give "fair value" if it's seen as a 2nd, gives somebody little incentive to simply "break even", especially when they are giving up somebody who is likely going to produce good numbers for them. You often need to give a little over the valuation to get a deal done, in these type of 1 for 1 situations, when there is a change in the outlook of a player. The view of Gus Edwards from 2 weeks ago is now obsolete, and the demand for a player in his position is almost league wide, now, whereas before it wasn't. There is a much larger market to be shopping him to, now.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Mon Aug 30, 2021 2:59 pm

Anteaters wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 2:53 pm A 1st should get it done. A 2nd+Juju is the beginning of a long (and likely fruitless) negotiation.
Well... I'm most definitely out at that price.

A 1st for a 26 year old runner that can't catch is too hefty for me. He'll be 27 next year and back into a timeshare with an electric talent.

re. Demand for Gus being "league wide" - that's simply not true, at least in my league. There are at least 4 teams trying to rebuild right now that will have no interest in a 1-year contender RB that has already had his age prime. That is going to depress his value, at least a little. Where I do agree, is that the owner will probably just hold him now (he's the strongest team, and already had by far the best RB stable) and stranglehold the league.

Personally I think I'll just play the waiver wire. :wtf:

Ruggenater
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Ruggenater » Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:01 pm

If I’m spending a 1st, I’d rather be getting someone back that has a better chance of being relevant next year, like JRob, Darrell Henderson, Chris Carson, Chase Edmonds, or maybe Miles Sanders or Josh Jacobs if their owner is looking to bail.

I tried offering Teddy B for Gus in a 12 team superflex; haven’t gotten a response on it yet.
12 Team Superflex - PPR, 0.25 PPC - QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex/Superflex
QB: L Jackson, Tagovailoa, Rodgers, Pickett, Tannehill
RB: Swift, Pacheco, Sanders, Hubbard, Spears, Dillon, Herbert, McLaughlin, Chandler, Dowdle
WR: DeVonta, Waddle, Aiyuk, Nacua, McLaurin, Hopkins, M Williams, Mingo, Wan’Dale, Hyatt
TE: Kelce, Okonkwo, Schoonmaker

joeya2001
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby joeya2001 » Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:04 pm

mild wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 2:59 pm
Anteaters wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 2:53 pm A 1st should get it done. A 2nd+Juju is the beginning of a long (and likely fruitless) negotiation.
Well... I'm most definitely out at that price.

A 1st for a 26 year old runner that can't catch is too hefty for me. He'll be 27 next year and back into a timeshare with an electric talent.

re. Demand for Gus being "league wide" - that's simply not true, at least in my league. There are at least 4 teams trying to rebuild right now that will have no interest in a 1-year contender RB that has already had his age prime. That is going to depress his value, at least a little. Where I do agree, is that the owner will probably just hold him now (he's the strongest team, and already had by far the best RB stable) and stranglehold the league.

Personally I think I'll just play the waiver wire. :wtf:
You seem like the kind of owner who will ask another owner for a good player just to point out their flaws.

Instead of just focusing on the cons, you should be looking for the pros
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR 1TE, Super Flex, 2 Flex Spots. 10 Team Dynasty PPR

2016 Champs 2019 Runner up 2020 Champs

QB- Lamar Jackson, Jordan Love
RB- Alvin Kamara, AJ Dillion
WR- Christian Kirk, Michael Pittman, Aiyuk, Alec Pierce, DJ Chare, Terrace Marshall, Metchie,
TE- George Kittle, Darren Waller, Greg Dortch.

Team 2 10 Team 1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE 2 Flex 2 SF

2020 3rd place Year 1
(This is a rebuild team selling vets)
QB Joe Burrow, Kenny Pickett, Geno,
RB AJ Dillon, Josh Jacobs, Tony Pollard,
WR Tee Higgins, Sutton, HollywoodTerry McLaurin, DJM, Ju-Ju, Hodgins,
TE Hock, Andrews, Kyle Pitts, Otton, Ertz
Picks
2023 4 1st 5 2nd
2024 3rd
“Not good enough to count on as a starter, but too good to drop, so they clog my bench.” dlf_mikeh

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:07 pm

mild wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 2:59 pm

re. Demand for Gus being "league wide" - that's simply not true, at least in my league. There are at least 4 teams trying to rebuild right now that will have no interest in a 1-year contender RB that has already had his age prime. That is going to depress his value, at least a little.
I should have been clearer. There will be more demand for him league wide than there was prior to Dobbins injury. I wasn't trying to suggest that rebuilding teams should or would be interested. Hope that clears it up.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:20 pm

Gus Edwards is so underrated it is almost criminal.

He averages 5.2 YPC over his 414 carries. He has been 5.0 per carry or better 3 straight years.

He runs like a poor man's Derrick Henry with a great chance to explode this year with around 250 carries.

It would be a steal if you could get him for a 2nd.

He was actually named a co starter prior to Dobbin's injury and did get a nice raise to 4.5 Million making between a top 15-20 money RB.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:31 pm

joeya2001 wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:04 pm You seem like the kind of owner who will ask another owner for a good player just to point out their flaws.

Instead of just focusing on the cons, you should be looking for the pros
:lol: :lol: :lol:

This is fantasy satire, right?

I'm dyin' over here at this

pvillebiker
Captain
Captain

Postby pvillebiker » Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:43 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 2:56 pm
Dr.Graffin wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 2:47 pm

This gets me back to a point I was trying to make in another thread. Many will read that and say, "well he's not worth a first". While he may not be viewed that way, often, trading requires incentive. In this case, you need to provide somebody with the incentive to move off the player. This is one of those cases. To give "fair value" if it's seen as a 2nd, gives somebody little incentive to simply "break even", especially when they are giving up somebody who is likely going to produce good numbers for them. You often need to give a little over the valuation to get a deal done, in these type of 1 for 1 situations, when there is a change in the outlook of a player. The view of Gus Edwards from 2 weeks ago is now obsolete, and the demand for a player in his position is almost league wide, now, whereas before it wasn't. There is a much larger market to be shopping him to, now.
man I love this perspective! it's so true. too often in dynasty, we're penny-smart and pound-poor failing to see the bigger picture. good will pays for itself over time.