MeCole Hardman
1%
Parris Campbell
5%

Total votes: 216

jimmychoi
Starter
Starter

Re: Corey Davis- Can he survive Mariota?

Postby jimmychoi » Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:45 pm

I’m still a believer in Davis and his talent...situation....not so much. I’ve watched a ton of Titans football this year, and I definitely think he’s continuing to progress. One of the interesting things I’ve read and viewed is how often Vrabel and others praise him for his run blocking. I don’t know if this is good or bad for fantasy, but it won’t matter until Mariota is able to make some throws. He just looks intimidated to throw at times. He leaves his first read so quickly that there’s little time for a Davis play to develop. Several times I’ve watched Mariota miss on big Davis catches because he’s so quick to check down to a safer throw that a one second wait would have potentially resulted in huge pickups. I know I’m not a scout or pro...hell...I didn’t even play football in hs (hockey) but these are just my personal observations. I wish I had the fancy stats for Mariota to see his distribution pattern of throws. Anyone have access to that?

CooperCrush
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Corey Davis outlook if Titans add Wr

Postby CooperCrush » Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:47 am

I am looking at a few analysts mock drafts and they have a WR going to the Titans in the 1st. I’m wondering how people view Davis’s outlook if this happens, especially with a QB that already doesn’t throw that much.
Team 1: 1 PPR- 1 qb, 2 wr, 2 rb, 1 te, 1 flex, 1 d, 1k

QB: Herber, Rodgers, Lawrence
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, Walker, J Cook, Kamara, Dobbins, Mixon, Ford
WR: AJB, DK, Godwin, Higgins, Pittman, London, J Williams, Sutton, Mooney,
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Henry
2024 picks: 1.1 and 1.9

Team 2: 12 team 1 PPR-1 qb, 2rb, 3wr, 1te, 1 flex
25 team rosters

Team 2
QB:Allen, Fields, Carr
RB: CMC, Swift, JT, ETN, LF, Hines, Allgeier, Benjamin
WR: Godwin, Diggs, Boyd, M Brown, Claypool, ARSB, osbourne, C Davis, Wakins,
TE: Waller, Engram, L Thomas

Team 3 48 teams:half PPR- 1qb (6pts TD), 2 wr, 2 rb, 1 te, 2flex, 1d, 1pk
QB: Wilson, Josh Allen
RB: Mixon, Chubb, Jacobs, Montgomery, Henderson, Pollard, Bernard, R Freeman, L Miller
WR: Godwin, AJ Brown, ARob, Ridley, Chark, C Davis, JJAW, Ross
TE: Hooper, Herndon, Knox, Oliver, Jonnu
Def: Bills, Saints
PK: Lambo

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Corey Davis outlook if Titans add Wr

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:53 am

They're unlikely to spend a 1st on a WR; they need help in the secondary. So if they spent a Day 2 on a WR, I think it stays the same. Corey Davis is really, really good. But, the Titans are such a low-volume pass offense, that's downgraded even more by Mariota's injuries, that he hasn't got his true shine yet.

I still think he can break out next season though

btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Postby btv802 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:54 am

CooperCrush wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:47 am I am looking at a few analysts mock drafts and they have a WR going to the Titans in the 1st. I’m wondering how people view Davis’s outlook if this happens, especially with a QB that already doesn’t throw that much.
Rookie WRs are no guarantee to make an immediate impact in the NFL but even if this happened, not sure it would be a bad thing for Davis TBH. It could help to take coverage away from him which is good but could eventually lead to a dip in target share.
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS
12 Teams - 24 Active - 4 IR - 4 Taxi - 1pt PPR, 6pt Pass TDs, No INTs - 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX
QB: R. Wilson, T. Brady, K. Cousins
RB: M. Gordon, D. Cook, T. Coleman, J. McKinnon, I. Smith
WR: B. Cooks, J. Jones, A.J. Green, S. Watkins, M. Williams, M. Valdes-Scantling, J. Ross, M. Lee, T. Taylor, P. Richardson
TE: T. Kelce, D. Njoku, J. Smith
TAXI: B. Snell, M. Weber, K. Warring
2021: 3rd, 3rd, 4th

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:08 am

I too have seen several mocks with the Titans taking a WR in the first. There's a reasonable chance it happens.

Such an event would hurt Davis's value. His value is already the lowest it's been, so I don't think it drops a ton though. If you're a Davis guy, post draft might be the time to strike with an offer.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:22 am

Titans would be pretty dumb to draft a position they already don't utilitize. Davis would still likely be the most talented there. I could see target share going down for him, but what's it matter if Mariota can't get the ball to him anyway?

I guess Davis value would drop, all I'm saying is that it's already in the basement. So much talent going to waste

darewood11
All Pro
All Pro

Postby darewood11 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:46 am

Honestly I'm a huge fan of Taywan and of hes healthy I think he could have a Diggs like ceiling but these guys biggest problem is the usage and the qb. I can not see the titans using a 1st or 2nd on wr but you never know. They should go offensive line and db way before wr.

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:02 pm

Depends on the WR and usage. If the skills are dissimilar/complementary, I wouldnt worry. For instance, AJ Brown wouldn't concern me. A big body WR, or a TE, either in the first two or three... that would be cause for concern.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

jenkins.math
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jenkins.math » Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:31 pm

The Titans were 3rd in points allowed defensively and 6th overall against the pass. All this while being bottom half of the league in sacks, so I have no idea why some on here think DB is a huge need for the Titans. They need edge rushers and d linemen to play opposite Casey if they go defense. Which this draft is supposed to be deep at, especially in the first round. That's where I expect the Titans to look in round 1.

As for the offense, I think they will look to add some weapons, but I'm not sure adding a rookie WR matters. The problem appears to be at QB. Their OC hire was also underwhelming to put it kindly. Corey Davis value will be suppressed as long as he is getting poor QB play, regardless of who else is lined up opposite him.

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:39 pm

jenkins.math wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:31 pmso I have no idea why some on here think DB is a huge need for the Titans.
Teams always can use more depth at DB. Defenses play in nickel or dime packages more than not. If they really go best player available, it can happen easily.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

osubuckeyeman
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby osubuckeyeman » Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:11 pm

It's year 3 for Davis and if you spent a high 1st on him does it really matter? Are you selling Davis? I doubt it. I'm not ready to sell him and if you do sell it's at a discount. I don't think there has been enough time to throw the towel in on Davis. The kid is far too talented to sell in year 3 and again you would be selling at a decent discount. Naaaawwww...No thanks. I'll hold. So back to my previous statement. The Titans draft a WR in the first round would his value drop? It doesn't matter if it drops or not. So no his value does not drop.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:21 pm

osubuckeyeman wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:11 pm It's year 3 for Davis and if you spent a high 1st on him does it really matter? Are you selling Davis? I doubt it. I'm not ready to sell him and if you do sell it's at a discount. I don't think there has been enough time to throw the towel in on Davis. The kid is far too talented to sell in year 3 and again you would be selling at a decent discount. Naaaawwww...No thanks. I'll hold. So back to my previous statement. The Titans draft a WR in the first round would his value drop? It doesn't matter if it drops or not. So no his value does not drop.
Ride the ship to the ocean floor. That's my plan!

Davis has loads of talent. It's being wasted. Doubt you can sell at value you want to, so at this point, I don't think we will see him in many trades

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:46 pm

Well, now I'm curious what his trade value is. Would 1.12 work for him?
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:40 pm

Pullo Vision wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:46 pm Well, now I'm curious what his trade value is. Would 1.12 work for him?
As an owner, I'd rather Davis

As a buyer, a mid 1st is probably the max I'd pay. Could change depending on draft

jenkins.math
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jenkins.math » Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:43 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:40 pm
Pullo Vision wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:46 pm Well, now I'm curious what his trade value is. Would 1.12 work for him?
As an owner, I'd rather Davis

As a buyer, a mid 1st is probably the max I'd pay. Could change depending on draft
Could change based on if the Titans draft a WR?

I honestly think the Titans are going to make a run for Golden Tate. They need a vet in that room more than another rookie, and he is a from Nashville. Would adding a guy like that change your buy one way or the other?