Kareem Hunt

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
darewood11
All Pro
All Pro

Re: what are Hunt owners planning on doing?

Postby darewood11 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:35 pm

Most definitely worth 1.09

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:24 pm

azthecrow wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:23 pm
LMS123 wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:08 pm I have the 1.09 in team 1 in my sig, I was going to take an rb there as I have another trade in place to get kupp. If hunt comes back I like him more than any rb in this draft. What are thoughts on the fit if I trade the 1.09 for Hunt for team 1
You will be taking a chance (I think it is slim) that Hunt is suspended long term or they find something else on him and it gets even worse. That said, I would take the gamble. If he gets 8 game suspension and credit for time served you could have a stud RB within 2 or 3 games next year. We do not yet know how it will play out but it is looking more positive lately. You have a couple other solid RBs also, if it doesn’t work out. I would do it but I’m sure many would not.
I don't think it's slim. There are 2 other incidents they are now digging into. If they find anything at all in either of these he could be gone for a year or more. The other thing is, even once they levy the suspension, somebody needs to sign him. That's the 2nd part, and a big part of this. Is anyone going to? Chicago media was already blasting Nagy for even entertaining the idea, and I don't know if ownerships will want to take that PR nightmare on. I have Hunt in a league, too, but I am just skeptical he plays next year at this point.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:43 pm

The PR hit will last until hunt first runs for over 100 yards or multiple TDS. People like winning more than thry care about what he did.
Now if a team hire Hunt and he doesn't perform at an high rate he'll disappear pretty quick I'd guess.

darewood11
All Pro
All Pro

Postby darewood11 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:29 pm

Tyreek hill punched his pregnant gf Mixon punched a girl they are not being blasted in the paper everyday so it will go away

Big Al
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Big Al » Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:03 pm

Even with the latest news I just traded K Hunt and T Coleman for Aaron Jones, early 3rd. It's a strange trade with all the uncertainty but I feel good about it and feel I received the best piece in the deal.
Last edited by Big Al on Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:49 pm

darewood11 wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:29 pm Tyreek hill punched his pregnant gf Mixon punched a girl they are not being blasted in the paper everyday so it will go away
Yes, but those happened in college. Big difference in the eyes of the NFL.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Mike from Canada
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Mike from Canada » Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:46 pm

AussieMate wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:43 pm The PR hit will last until hunt first runs for over 100 yards or multiple TDS. People like winning more than thry care about what he did.
Now if a team hire Hunt and he doesn't perform at an high rate he'll disappear pretty quick I'd guess.
I agree. I expect him to catch on with a team and perform well. Might never be as valuable as he was in October, but I think he'll be just fine.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:47 pm

Provided he doesn't get into additional trouble from the other nebulous incident investigations, I'll be surprised if Hunt isn't playing Week 1 2020 (and the latter half of 2019 is not outside the realm of possibility). If his position wasn't so devalued by today's NFL, I wouldn't consider it a question at all.

My chief concern, if I'm a Hunt owner, would not be whether or not he'll play again, but rather the question of just how much of his fantasy success did he owe to the system he was in?
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:03 am

ninotoreS wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:47 pm
My chief concern, if I'm a Hunt owner, would not be whether or not he'll play again, but rather the question of just how much of his fantasy success did he owe to the system he was in?
This is my hesitancy with Hunt as well. I tend to be on the conservative side with these types of situations, so I'll likely not own him, because I won't be paying the first his current owner wants.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

myndflyte
Role Player
Role Player

Postby myndflyte » Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:53 am

LMS123 wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:08 pm I have the 1.09 in team 1 in my sig, I was going to take an rb there as I have another trade in place to get kupp. If hunt comes back I like him more than any rb in this draft. What are thoughts on the fit if I trade the 1.09 for Hunt for team 1
Is anyone able to actually acquire Hunt for a late first? I feel like it's one of those situations where unless the Hunt owner is desperate, the owner is going to want at least a high 1st or a player and a pick, despite the risk realistically dropping his value.
12 team 0.5 pt PPR; 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2 Flex
QB: Rodgers, Prescott, Lauletta (R)
RB: Gordon, Ajayi, Collins, Yeldon, Ekeler, Martin, Grant, Mizzell, David Williams, Jeffery Wilson, Warren
WR: Cooks, Boyd, Marvin Jones, Lockett, Coleman, Doctson, Goodwin, Cobb, T. Williams, Z. Jones, Roberts, Tate (R), Cain (R), Ellington, Cody Core, Beebe
TE: Kelce, Cook, Conklin, LaCosse
2019 Picks: 2, 2, 3, 3, 4, 5

12 team 1 pt PPR SF IDP; 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1 SFlex, 3 Flex, 1DL, 1LB, 1DB, 1 IDP Flex
QB: Newton, Stafford, Bortles, Kessler
RB: Hunt, Mixon, Lewis, Ekeler, Thompson, Bernard, Davis, Blount
WR: Evans, Lockett, Marvin Jones, Sanders, Lee, Pettis, Crabtree, Cole, Ateman, Lasley
TE: Rudolph, Seals-Jones
DL: Jordon, Ingram
LB: Jarrad Davis, Alonso, Avery Williamson, Warner, Van Noy, Golden, Baker, Shaun Dion Hamilton
DB: Poyer, Kazee, Collins, Jenkins, Cyprien
2019 Picks: 1.05, 2.05, 3.05, 4.05, 5.05, 6.05, 7.05

LMS123
All Pro
All Pro

Postby LMS123 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:46 am

myndflyte wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:53 am
Is anyone able to actually acquire Hunt for a late first? I feel like it's one of those situations where unless the Hunt owner is desperate, the owner is going to want at least a high 1st or a player and a pick, despite the risk realistically dropping his value.
it likely won't get accepted but might as well go for it. Great trades start with great offers and you gotta shoot to score. I agree though if I was an owner id just hold unless I was desperate or had a moral dilemma rostering him
Jake Fromm State Farm (12 team PPR SF)
QB: Purdy, ARich (TS), Levis (TS), Bagent, Hall, Rudolph, Fromm
RB: Roschon (TS), Allgeier, Hill, Demercado, McLaughlin, Mitchell, K. Harris, E. Wilson
WR: Addison, London, Jmo, Shaheed, Reed (TS), Pop D, Iosivas, C. Jones, Mooney, T. Palmer, Scott, Tucker, Austin, Gipson, Melton,
TE: Musgrave, Mayer (TS), Trautman, Gray, Jordan
2024: 1.01, 1.07, 2.04, 2.10, 2.11, 3.01, 3.06, 3.07, 3.11
2025: 1, 1, 2, 3, 3, 3, 4

IBall2
All Pro
All Pro

Postby IBall2 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:45 am

I offered Ronald Jones for Kareem Hunt straight up and the owner is mulling it over. Seems like people are getting to the point where they just want to get rid of him and the headache that comes with him.

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:03 am

I personally think a late first for Hunt is a generous offer. He has a track record of trouble. He might, but, He may not get signed. If he does get signed, there is absolutely no guarantee that he is as productive as he was with KC's offense. Much of a rb's production is situation and opportunity based. There is likely to be backlash with whichever team attempts to sign him. He was cut by a team, he lied to that team, there is video evidence of him putting his hands on a female, and at minimum, He is a single - small screw up, from being FOR SURE out of the league for good.

I for one would offer a 2nd and that is as good as it'd get from me. I would not offer R.Jones for Hunt. The landscape in the NFL is changing to a less and less tolerant environment. I'd like to stay a head of the curve rather than chase risky points from risky players.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:09 am

If people were trying to buy for a 2nd or Ronald Jones it seems like the time was a month ago.

Why would people be looking to sell for that now given the recent news involving Nagy and him likely signing somewhere fairly soon?
Chicago Bears coach Matt Nagy said this past week that his team would not rule out the possibility of signing Kareem Hunt, and it turns out he's not alone.

Multiple teams have expressed interest in Hunt, and it now appears the former Chiefs running back will have a job "sooner rather than later," one league source told ESPN.
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2580 ... areem-hunt
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:10 am

Orenthal Shames wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:03 am
ninotoreS wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:47 pm
This is my hesitancy with Hunt as well. I tend to be on the conservative side with these types of situations, so I'll likely not own him, because I won't be paying the first his current owner wants.
Me too. I dropped him down in the ranks because we just don't know the team that he will end up on. And no matter what Hunt owners say, there's a chance he doesn't play again, or if he does there's a chance something else could pop back up. He's a mid to low RB2 for me. Tons of upside but tons of risk. If he's your RB2 on your squad right now, I'd hope your RB3 can step in for a bit