Damien Williams - convince me

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Damien Williams - convince me

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:19 pm

Both of you make good points. Buying non-stud RB's before the draft is risky. However, the Chiefs have GLARING needs on defense right now. So it seems weird for them to spend a Day 1 or Day 2 pick on an RB. They are probably in the Super Bowl if they had a secondary worth a damn and stopped letting Julian Edelman get free releases off the LOS.

Also, late first round picks have high bust rates. So, even if you get 1 really good year out of a veteran in exchange for one, you probably did well.

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:31 pm

It's all about your personal risk tolerance.
He's a hold unless you can get a solid offer. That being said, KC is 100% bringing in a rb or two and his value is contingent upon the caliber of that player or players.

I can't see them bringing in a high priced FA, bc i think Williams is as good or better than any on the market. The draft will make or break his value, but I think he'll at worst retain a passing down role.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:59 pm

Pullo Vision wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:01 pm That moment Kyle Shanahan pointed at the table for Tevin Coleman.
There's no evidence he did that.

Indeed, right after Coleman was drafted, Shanahan was asked about the RB depth-chart by the press, and he basically said (I'm paraphrasing from memory): "It doesn't really matter who my starting running-back is, they all succeed in my offense."
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:44 am

Orenthal Shames wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:31 pm It's all about your personal risk tolerance.
He's a hold unless you can get a solid offer. That being said, KC is 100% bringing in a rb or two and his value is contingent upon the caliber of that player or players.

I can't see them bringing in a high priced FA, bc i think Williams is as good or better than any on the market. The draft will make or break his value, but I think he'll at worst retain a passing down role.
I'd agree with this. He has ball skills. I just don't think he's a 3 down back over the course of a full year. A few games when they have little else? Sure. Kareem Hunt led the NFL in rushing his firs year, so the assertion someone made about being a good receiver is the most important thing for a RB in KC's offense is false IMO. It is a prerequisite to that offense, but I think they add a back than can play between the tackles better than Williams.

Still trying to buy, though.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Huh
Starter
Starter

Postby Huh » Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:18 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:44 am
Orenthal Shames wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:31 pm It's all about your personal risk tolerance.

I'd agree with this. He has ball skills. I just don't think he's a 3 down back over the course of a full year. A few games when they have little else? Sure. Kareem Hunt led the NFL in rushing his firs year, so the assertion someone made about being a good receiver is the most important thing for a RB in KC's offense is false IMO. It is a prerequisite to that offense, but I think they add a back than can play between the tackles better than Williams.

Sorry if i was a little douchey last night. The beer was a flowing. Look at hunts game log this year before the injury. He had one 100 yard rushing game. This is a completely different offense than it was two years ago. This is the Mahomes show for the next decade and if you can catch you are in.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:22 am

Huh wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:18 am

Sorry if i was a little douchey last night. The beer was a flowing. Look at hunts game log this year before the injury. He had one 100 yard rushing game. This is a completely different offense than it was two years ago. This is the Mahomes show for the next decade and if you can catch you are in.
All good man, I was joking around about the pretentious thing, I thought it was more funny than anything that you said "quit fighting it" I felt it was like a Star Wars thing or something, trying to get us to turn LOL. You have a strong belief in the guy, it's all good. Like I said, I liked him coming out of college. If he became the man in KC I'mm all good with it, I'm just trying to be realistic. You could be right. I admire your verve on the subject. No harm, no foul. :thumbup:
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Huh
Starter
Starter

Postby Huh » Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:28 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:22 am

All good man, I was joking around about the pretentious thing, I thought it was more funny than anything that you said "quit fighting it" I felt it was like a Star Wars thing or something, trying to get us to turn LOL. You have a strong belief in the guy, it's all good. Like I said, I liked him coming out of college. If he became the man in KC I'mm all good with it, I'm just trying to be realistic. You could be right. I admire your verve on the subject. No harm, no foul. :thumbup:
Hugs!

HereForTheComments
Captain
Captain

Postby HereForTheComments » Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:47 am

I won't say he will be a rb1 next season, but I think he has a better shot of being relevant/ continuing his success than any rookie you will draft in the back of the first round in 2019.
Team 1: 10th Year: 10 Team, PPR
2014: 3rd, 2015: 2nd, 2016: League Champion, 2017: 7th, 2018: 3rd, 2019: 5th, 2020: League Champion, 2021: 4th, 2022: 5th

QB: Aaron Rodgers Matthew Stafford, Brock Purdy
RB: Tony Pollard, Cam Akers, Ezekiel Elliott, Javonte Williams, Kyren Williams, Chuba Hubbard
WR: CeeDee Lamb, Amon-Ra St. Brown, Allen Lazard , Michael Gallup, Donavan Peoples-Jones, Tyler Boyd, Romeo Doubs, Corey Davis, Marvin Jones, VDS
TE: Dalton Shultz, Mike Gesicki

2019 picks: 1.1, 2.3, 3.5
2024 picks:
Round 1: (1)
Round 2: (1)
Round 3: (1)

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:24 pm

I nominate "verve" for word of the day.

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:59 pm

Space Cowboy wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:24 pm

I nominate "verve" for word of the day.
Now playing The Verve Pipe!!!
16 team league

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:13 pm

I'd like to see more discussions end like this - with amicable partings and good music. :)
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:04 am

ArrylT wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:13 pm I'd like to see more discussions end like this - with amicable partings and good music. :)
Based on the recent decrease in posts in this thread, safe to say we're half way there.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:13 pm

Pullo Vision wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:04 am Based on the recent decrease in posts in this thread
There's not much meaningful to add to this topic until there's further developments, and that might not happen before April.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:47 pm

Pullo Vision wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:04 am
ArrylT wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:13 pm I'd like to see more discussions end like this - with amicable partings and good music. :)
we're half way there.
Take my hand, we'll make it I swear
16 team league

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:50 pm

ninotoreS wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:13 pm
Pullo Vision wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:04 am Based on the recent decrease in posts in this thread
There's not much meaningful to add to this topic until there's further developments, and that might not happen before April.
Completely agree, was pointing out that " The Verve Pipe" wasn't good music.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def