Damien Williams - convince me

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Re: Damien Williams - convince me

Postby ninotoreS » Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:31 pm

hockeyBjj wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:27 pm I should still take CmC for Evans and D Williams... Right?
I would. I totally love CMC.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

Prison_Mike
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Prison_Mike » Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:40 pm

hockeyBjj wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:27 pm I should still take CmC for Evans and D Williams... Right? Starting to get nervous and thinking of pulling the offer now

Full ppr, start 1qb, 3rb, 3wr, 1te, 1flex. Team 2 in sig
I think so.
CMC is very young and is obviously the long term option. Idk if the same can be said for DW

Sucks you have to give up Evans, but you’re still getting the best asset

Maybe you could get a pick back as well? 2nd?
Team 1:
12-team | PPR | SuperFlex | 0.5-TEP
Start: 1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/3FLX/1SF
QB: Herbert, Kyler, Baker, Jimmy G, Mariota, DTR
RB: Taylor, Saquon, Javonte, Conner, C.Evans, TDP
WR: Chase, Diggs, Olave, Aiyuk, Hollywood, MT, Shaheed
TE: Engram, Woods, Kraft
'24 picks: 1st, 3rd, 4th

Team 2:
12-Team | PPR | SuperFlex | 0.5-TEP
(Start: QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/3FLX/1SF)
QB: Mahomes, Allen, Russ
RB: Breece, JT, Swift, Javonte, Mostert
WR: Chase, Kupp, Aiyuk, Nico, Hollywood, Kirk, MT
TE: Pitts, Njoku, Woods
'24 picks: none

Team 3:
12tm PPR SuperFlex
QB: Hurts, Dak, Stafford, Z.Wilson, DTR
RB: Saquon, Swift, Achane, Kamara, Ford
WR: Jefferson, AJB, ARSB, Nico, Diontae, OBJ
TE: Goedert, Njoku, Fant, Woods
'24 picks: 4th, 4th

Badkins1121
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Badkins1121 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:42 pm

Well...15 touches for 96 yards and 3 TDs. Can’t really ask for much more than that

HereForTheComments
Captain
Captain

Postby HereForTheComments » Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:44 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:25 pm
HereForTheComments wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:21 pm He also had a big game last week... the guy has been a major player since taking over and, yet, people are still saying "I don't buy him as a 3 down back"
He's doing that right now, but they have little choice. He's played well too, but the system is RB friendly. I think he has a role going forward though, just being realistic that it's highly unlikely the Chiefs plan on rolling with him like they did with Kareem Hunt once they have a full off season to address the position. He's definitely got some receiving chops. Not sure about the early down guy, I think they need better there.
I am curious if you have actually watched the games.... he is doing it all. Strong running, not coming down on first contact, converting short yardage plays, scoring in the redzone... plus he is a homerun threat.
Team 1: 10th Year: 10 Team, PPR
2014: 3rd, 2015: 2nd, 2016: League Champion, 2017: 7th, 2018: 3rd, 2019: 5th, 2020: League Champion, 2021: 4th, 2022: 5th

QB: Aaron Rodgers Matthew Stafford, Brock Purdy
RB: Tony Pollard, Cam Akers, Ezekiel Elliott, Javonte Williams, Kyren Williams, Chuba Hubbard
WR: CeeDee Lamb, Amon-Ra St. Brown, Allen Lazard , Michael Gallup, Donavan Peoples-Jones, Tyler Boyd, Romeo Doubs, Corey Davis, Marvin Jones, VDS
TE: Dalton Shultz, Mike Gesicki

2019 picks: 1.1, 2.3, 3.5
2024 picks:
Round 1: (1)
Round 2: (1)
Round 3: (1)

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:49 pm

djmft1 wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:40 pm
hockeyBjj wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:27 pm I should still take CmC for Evans and D Williams... Right? Starting to get nervous and thinking of pulling the offer now

I think so.
CMC is very young and is obviously the long term option. Idk if the same can be said for DW

It can't. I don't understand how anyone can think Williams is a long term RB to invest in. He's clearly worth holding for next year, I'm trying to acquire him, but the price is too high for the talent when people are wanting first round picks. This offense is a huge reason Williams is doing what he's doing, not his talent. He has showed well, and I think he could be a good passing down back, I think he may have earned that role, but I still don't think the Chiefs will feature him as the solo back next year. This is a very short term thing, until it isn't. I liked him coming out of college, but I really think people need to realize tons of backs "pop" for a bit, and then fade back to obscurity. Not saying he will, but he will have more competition on the roster next year, and a lot can change.

I think the offer is fair, I don't think Williams justifies getting CMC for Evans straight up, basically, so asking for a 2nd back is a bit much, but you could try.
Last edited by FantasyFreak on Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:50 pm

HereForTheComments wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:44 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:25 pm
HereForTheComments wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:21 pm He also had a big game last week... the guy has been a major player since taking over and, yet, people are still saying "I don't buy him as a 3 down back"
He's doing that right now, but they have little choice. He's played well too, but the system is RB friendly. I think he has a role going forward though, just being realistic that it's highly unlikely the Chiefs plan on rolling with him like they did with Kareem Hunt once they have a full off season to address the position. He's definitely got some receiving chops. Not sure about the early down guy, I think they need better there.
I am curious if you have actually watched the games.... he is doing it all. Strong running, not coming down on first contact, converting short yardage plays, scoring in the redzone... plus he is a homerun threat.
I don't think he's all that good, just being honest. I have watched, yes. He's playing well, but I don't think he'll be their back getting 300 touches next year, that's all I am really saying. I think he'll have a role.

Huh
Starter
Starter

Postby Huh » Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:08 pm

So here it is. At the very least Williams has proven to be an adept receiving back Guess what? That’s the most valuable position on the Chiefs as far as rb is concerned. And he’s got a nose for the end zone. Come on guys, quit fighting it. This guy is legit.

Huh
Starter
Starter

Postby Huh » Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:28 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:49 pm

I think so.

It can't. I don't understand how anyone can think Williams is a long term RB to invest in. He's clearly worth holding for next year, I'm trying to acquire him, but the price is too high for the talent when people are wanting first round picks. This offense is a huge reason Williams is doing what he's doing, not his talent. He has showed well, and I think he could be a good passing down back, I think he may have earned that role, but I still don't think the Chiefs will feature him as the solo back next year. This is a very short term thing, until it isn't. I liked him coming out of college, but I really think people need to realize tons of backs "pop" for a bit, and then fade back to obscurity. Not saying he will, but he will have more competition on the roster next year, and a lot can change.

I think the offer is fair, I don't think Williams justifies getting CMC for Evans straight up, basically, so asking for a 2nd back is a bit much, but you could try.
Yes, some pop and others POP. He’s the latter. If you’re a contender add this guy to your team. It’s the eleventh pick in the draft. Name me the last three eleventh picks in your draft. I can’t. Because firsts have a fifty bust rate. And late firsts are worse. Pay it and you’ll get one maybe two pretty good years of production. Possibly elite. Odds are better with willians.

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:36 pm

Huh wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:08 pm So here it is. At the very least Williams has proven to be an adept receiving back Guess what? That’s the most valuable position on the Chiefs as far as rb is concerned. And he’s got a nose for the end zone. Come on guys, quit fighting it. This guy is legit.
Honestly I feel like teams aren't afraid of the cheifs run game and it shows, not saying Williams is going anywhere but they need someone to run between the trackles for next year. The guy is not legit, his team is legit. I'll continue fighting it!!!

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:40 pm

Huh wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:08 pm So here it is. At the very least Williams has proven to be an adept receiving back Guess what? That’s the most valuable position on the Chiefs as far as rb is concerned. And he’s got a nose for the end zone. Come on guys, quit fighting it. This guy is legit.
Pretentious AF. :lol: What are people fighting? I'm actively trying to acquire him, but I'm not paying a first, that's just not smart. Buying RB's before FA/Draft that aren't elite backs is not a good idea. The guy has played a handful of games, he' a 27 year old RB. He's a decent back who's had a few good games in a great offense. That's it. There are so many RB's that flash. It's just too soon. You can pound the table man, but it doesn't make it so.

In my opinion you are in a blatant case of subjective analysis because you own the player. He's just not that good, man, sorry. I'm fighting it.
Last edited by FantasyFreak on Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Prison_Mike
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Prison_Mike » Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:51 pm

I think so.

It can't. I don't understand how anyone can think Williams is a long term RB to invest in.
That was me politely saying he’s not the long term solution at RB lol
Team 1:
12-team | PPR | SuperFlex | 0.5-TEP
Start: 1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/3FLX/1SF
QB: Herbert, Kyler, Baker, Jimmy G, Mariota, DTR
RB: Taylor, Saquon, Javonte, Conner, C.Evans, TDP
WR: Chase, Diggs, Olave, Aiyuk, Hollywood, MT, Shaheed
TE: Engram, Woods, Kraft
'24 picks: 1st, 3rd, 4th

Team 2:
12-Team | PPR | SuperFlex | 0.5-TEP
(Start: QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/3FLX/1SF)
QB: Mahomes, Allen, Russ
RB: Breece, JT, Swift, Javonte, Mostert
WR: Chase, Kupp, Aiyuk, Nico, Hollywood, Kirk, MT
TE: Pitts, Njoku, Woods
'24 picks: none

Team 3:
12tm PPR SuperFlex
QB: Hurts, Dak, Stafford, Z.Wilson, DTR
RB: Saquon, Swift, Achane, Kamara, Ford
WR: Jefferson, AJB, ARSB, Nico, Diontae, OBJ
TE: Goedert, Njoku, Fant, Woods
'24 picks: 4th, 4th

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:57 pm

djmft1 wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:51 pm

I think so.

It can't. I don't understand how anyone can think Williams is a long term RB to invest in.
That was me politely saying he’s not the long term solution at RB lol
LOL. Gotcha. I wasn't sure. Try telling that to some others around here. He looks good, but man that offense is potent, I feel like my grandmother could put up stats with them. I like his receiving chops, I'm trying to grab him, but everyone wants a first, which is asinine at this time of year. You don't buy a back like Williams pre-draft/FA for a first. I'm hoping to grab him once the Chiefs add a back, and the hype has cooled. I could see him having a nice role in a committee next year, or at least being a 3rd down back.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:59 pm

Huh wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:28 pm

I think so.

Yes, some pop and others POP. He’s the latter. If you’re a contender add this guy to your team. It’s the eleventh pick in the draft. Name me the last three eleventh picks in your draft. I can’t. Because firsts have a fifty bust rate. And late firsts are worse. Pay it and you’ll get one maybe two pretty good years of production. Possibly elite. Odds are better with willians.
Thanks for clearing that up. I took Tyler Boyd at 1.11 three years ago, and I'd much rather have him. I like Williams for next year to be involved in some capacity, but I do think the odds are against him being an RB1, lets say, and I'm not paying a first for someone I don't believe will be that at 27.
Last edited by FantasyFreak on Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:01 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:40 pm
Pretentious AF. What are people fighting? I'm actively trying to acquire him, but I'm not paying a first, that's just not smart. Buying RB's before FA/Draft that aren't elite backs is not a good idea. The guy has played a handful of games, he' a 27 year old RB. He's a decent back who's had a few good games in a great offense. That's it. There are so many RB's that flash. It's just too soon. You can point the table man, but it doesn't make it so.

In my opinion you are in a blatant case of subjective analysis because you own the player. He's just not that good, man, sorry. I'm fighting it.
That moment Kyle Shanahan pointed at the table for Tevin Coleman.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:03 pm

Pullo Vision wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:01 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:40 pm
Pretentious AF. What are people fighting? I'm actively trying to acquire him, but I'm not paying a first, that's just not smart. Buying RB's before FA/Draft that aren't elite backs is not a good idea. The guy has played a handful of games, he' a 27 year old RB. He's a decent back who's had a few good games in a great offense. That's it. There are so many RB's that flash. It's just too soon. You can point the table man, but it doesn't make it so.

That moment Kyle Shanahan pointed at the table for Tevin Coleman.
LOL. Nice one. Edited. :doh: