Trade Deadline or not

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Ktmjelde
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Trade Deadline or not

Postby Ktmjelde » Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:51 am

Wondering how others leagues are setup and the thought of imposing a trade deadline vs. leaving it open into the playoffs. Out league did not have a trade deadline until this year.. Last year there were a lot of trades made in the playoffs that drastically altered who advanced and won the championship. Therefore, this year, we imposed a trade deadline at the end of the regular season. This has seemed to work out well, but i feel like it is limiting a lot of action we saw last year. Just wondering everyone's thoughts.
Turn Down for Watt 2014 Champion :dance: , 2015 2nd place, 2016 4th Place, 2017 2nd Place, 2018 2nd Place, 2019 Champion :dance:, 2020 2nd Place, 2021 11th place, 2022 12th place.
12 Team, .5 PPR, 40 man active roster, IDP, 5 Man Taxi Squad, 5 IR

QB (1): T. Lawrence R. Wilson, B. Young, S. Howell, D. Mills
RB (2-3): B. Robinson, N. Chubb, R. White, D. Pierce, C. Patterson, C. Edmonds, M. Carter, J. Warren, S. Conner, C. Brown
WR (3-4): D. Adams, J. Waddle, D. London, C. Olave, Calvin Ridley, J. Williams, C. Watson, E. Moore, K. Toney, J, L. Shenault, R. Moore, M Mims, J. Reed
TE (1-2): K. Pitts, S. Laporra, Cole Kmet,
DL (2-3): M. Parsons, TJ Watt, A Hutchinson, G. Karlaftis
LB (2-3): CJ Mosley, L. Vander Esch, Q. Williams
DB (2-3): D. James, K. Byard, J. Bates, T. Rapp, X.McKinney. D. Wilson

2024 Picks: 1 1sts (Projected 1.01-1.03), 1 2nd, 2 3rds, 3 4ths

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Trade Deadline or not

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:42 am

I think right around week 10-12 is a good time to shut it down until after the league's season. You don't necessarily want teams trading in the playoffs. Once the winner is determined though, trades should open back up.

The waiver wire is a different story. That should obviously go throughout the year but get shut down sometime during the NFL playoffs and not open back up until after your league's rookie draft

CubfanAA
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby CubfanAA » Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:39 am

Jigga94 wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:42 am I think right around week 10-12 is a good time to shut it down until after the league's season. You don't necessarily want teams trading in the playoffs. Once the winner is determined though, trades should open back up.

The waiver wire is a different story. That should obviously go throughout the year but get shut down sometime during the NFL playoffs and not open back up until after your league's rookie draft
I agree 100% with everything in this post.

Fezzik
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Fezzik » Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:50 am

Jigga94 wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:42 am I think right around week 10-12 is a good time to shut it down until after the league's season. You don't necessarily want teams trading in the playoffs. Once the winner is determined though, trades should open back up.

I'm in line with this dude.
Mud Dogs 0.5PPR
QB (1) - C. Newton, D. Jones
RB (1) - T. Gurley, N. Chubb, C. Hyde, J. Howard, M. Ingram. J. McKinnon, D. Foreman
WR (3) - J. Jones, A. Brown, A. Cooper, L. Fitzgerald, D. Moncrief, T. Lockett, D. Johnson, Hardman
TE (1) - Kittle, Gesecki, Warring
Flex (1) - any r/w/t

The Brute Squad- PPR of 0.25 for RB, 0.5 for WR
QB (1) - Roethlisberger, Rivers
RB (1) - T. Gurley, L. Miller, D. Foreman, J. McKinnon
WR (3) - D. Hopkins, A. Jeffery, S. Shepard, J. Crowder, M. Williams, Humphries
TE (1) - Hockenson, Olsen, Pruitt, Warring
Flex (1) - any r/w/t

Macho Man Randy Savage (Full PPR)
QB (1) - Ryan, Darnold
RB (1) - Barkley, Hyde, Breida, Mack, McKinnon, Ajayi
WR (1) - OBJ, K. Allen, R. Cobb, Diggs, J. Brown, Sutton, Isabella, D. Samuel, Slayton
TE (1) - Kittle
Flex (2) - any r/w
Extra 2020 first

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:52 am

If you have a deadline at all, it shouldn't be until after the last week of the regular fantasy season. Personally, I favor having no deadline but haven't ever been in a league that did it that way. They all shut down for the fantasy post season. I don't like closing them any earlier. Leaving them open allows another opportunity for rebuilding teams to improve by dealing off short term assets. I don't see that as a bad thing for the health of a league.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:08 am

I have no issues with a league having no trade deadline if it is a free league, or if future dues / deposits have already been paid. I do not even find in many years that the 'pressure' of a trade deadline adds any impetus - there is rarely a flurry of last minute trades.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

CubfanAA
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby CubfanAA » Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:46 am

skip wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:52 am If you have a deadline at all, it shouldn't be until after the last week of the regular fantasy season. Personally, I favor having no deadline but haven't ever been in a league that did it that way. They all shut down for the fantasy post season. I don't like closing them any earlier. Leaving them open allows another opportunity for rebuilding teams to improve by dealing off short term assets. I don't see that as a bad thing for the health of a league.
selling off short term assets is not something that needs to be done the last week of the fantasy season or playoffs. Rebuilding teams can definitely make that decision by week 10-12 (or whatever week a deadline is set for).

Reljac
Captain
Captain

Postby Reljac » Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:58 am

We shut down trading at Week 13. However, there is a consolation bracket that plays for an extra 1st round pick, so there isn't much incentive to skew playoff games, if anything the prices are high. We open trading up immediately following conclusion of the season, so more or less week 14, 15, and 16 are the only parts of the year in which trading is not available.
12-team Non-PPR QB, 2-RB, 3-WR, TE, K, DEF
QB: Herbert, Tanny
RB: Chubb, Stevenson, AJ Dillion
WR: AJ Brown, M Evans, M Williams, D London, C Olave, Jameson Williams, M Thomas
TE: D Njoku
K: Butker

2023: 1.01, 2.01
2024 early first, late first

Dynasty_Analyst
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Dynasty_Analyst » Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:08 am

Yep I hate when a game changing player like Elliot or OBJ is traded in the playoffs it changes the whole landscape. All the sudden the 6 seed is the best team or something. Ideally I'd shut it down after week 12.
Fantasy Writer- 5 Yard Rush
@5yardrush @5yarddynasty
https://5yardrush.co.uk/

Content Creator- The Coaches Fantasy Podcast
@coachesfantasy Thefantasycoaches.com

@Dynasty_Analyst - Dynasty content, advice, and tidbits. Hit me up anytime to chat about your dynasty team if you need trade advice, input on the direction to move your team, or anything else.

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:13 am

Fezzik wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:50 am

I'm in line with this dude.
x3
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

Oddball456
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Oddball456 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:13 am

The only dynasty league I am in works this way and I am 100% happy with it.

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:48 pm

We shut down trading at the kickoff of the Thanksgiving morning games. And open up trading before the NFL playoffs start. I like that.

Overachiever77
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Overachiever77 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:55 pm

Our trade deadline is kickoff of week 11. Waivers and Free Agent pickups stop when our regular season ends after week 13.
10 team, .5 PPR dynasty, 25 man roster plus 5 rookie/2nd year taxi
Start 1QB, 2RB, 2,WR, 1TE, 1 RB/WR/TE flex, 1K, 1DST

QB: Watson, Tua, Stafford, Richardson
RB: McCaffrey, Barkley, Chubb, Dobbins, Swift, Stevenson, Gibbs, Pacheco, Charbs
WR: AJB, Evans, Chase, E. Moore, McLaurin, Jeudy, JSN, Metchie, A. Pierce, Doubs
TE: Andrews, Pitts, Goedart, Ertz, Likely
K: Koo
D/ST: BAL, MIA, LV
2024: 1,2, 2, 3, 3,4,4

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:43 pm

Seems weird to have the teams in the championship game making trades.

DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby DLF3000 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:12 pm

We haven't ever had a deadline in 10-11 years, and most of the time, there are no playoffs-trades.

Except this year. There were plenty. So now we're rethinking to not allow them during the playoffs, at the very least.

I made one just to keep up, really - fortunately I still won the 'ship! :thumbup:

Personally, I'd much rather have the focus be ONLY on the playoffs when they begin. Roll with the guys who got you there. Reward those teams for getting there with those guys. And now go win with your guys. Waivers still in place for emergencies.

Having several trades suddenly change the playoff landscape DURING the playoffs feels a bit shady/cheap to me. Plenty of other weeks in the year - about 50 of them - to make trades!
35 Team Dyn PPR, 3 x Copy SF start 2TE Super Prem (TE 2 PPR, 8pt TD), 6 pt/non-TE TD, 1pt/20 yds pass (300 +3pt), 1pt/10 yds rush/rec (100 +3pt)

Start 12: 1QB 1SFLX 2RB 4WR 2TE 2FLX | 30 Active Roster, unlim Taxi, 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '21 | playoffs '21, '22

QB - J Allen, T Lawrence ...
RB - A Ekeler, S Barkley, J Cook, I Pacheco ...
WR - AJ Brown, C Ridley, G Pickens, C Sutton ...
TE - D Njoku, D Knox ...
® 2024 - | 2025 -