General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
thebeast
Legend
Legend

Re: Guice

Postby thebeast » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:47 am

XxBallMeBlazerxX wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:51 am
Elroypedro wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:39 am
Bot101 wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:32 am He may not be the same next season for a part or all of it. His rehab effectively began 2 weeks ago. If a player tore his acl 2 weeks ago then we would be concerned about his 2019 ability correct? I think he will he ready, I just dont think he will be close to 100%.
But I’d seen pictures of him at the gym well before two weeks ago. He looks in fantastic physical shape right now. His actual ligament surgery was months ago. He apparently had several minor “surgeries” to help him get over the infection, was taking IVs of fluid and antibiotics courses, and wasn’t feeling well(nausea, flu like symptoms) on and off. But I am pretty sure through all of that he has been healing from his actual injury for months now. Check out his IG, he looks like a beast in the gym already
That’s good and all but how is he going to hold up on the field? Late in the game? Late in the season? Football is played on the field, not in the weight room. I have a feeling injuries are going to plague his career. I sold him earlier in the season.
Lol!

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:00 am

RCS wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:59 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:43 am
ericanadian wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:59 am That’s two Redskins having their recovery delayed by infections. Getting close to Cleveland territory when they had all those staph infections.
Wasn't that Tampa?
I thought San Diego for some reason.
It was Cleveland and Tampa. Don't recall the SD incident.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:41 am

thebeast wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:47 am
Elroypedro wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:39 am

But I’d seen pictures of him at the gym well before two weeks ago. He looks in fantastic physical shape right now. His actual ligament surgery was months ago. He apparently had several minor “surgeries” to help him get over the infection, was taking IVs of fluid and antibiotics courses, and wasn’t feeling well(nausea, flu like symptoms) on and off. But I am pretty sure through all of that he has been healing from his actual injury for months now. Check out his IG, he looks like a beast in the gym already
That’s good and all but how is he going to hold up on the field? Late in the game? Late in the season? Football is played on the field, not in the weight room. I have a feeling injuries are going to plague his career. I sold him earlier in the season.
Lol!
Why is this funny? He has a point. What a guy looks like in the gym is pretty irrelevant. Guice has had 2 straight years of knee issues, and combined with his running style, I think being concerned about injuries in his career is valid.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:42 am

ajf235 wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:56 am Can anyone think of a running back comp who suffered a setback after their ACL surgery and came back to be a highly productive star? Nick Chubb comes to mind but it basically took him 2 years to return to true form and it wasn’t that his surgery went badly, it was that his initial injury was so gruesome, so I don’t know that he’s a great comp.
Not sure there is a valid comp to what Guice went through recently, at least with the current ACL surgery technologies. We will really just have to wait and see.

XxBallMeBlazerxX
Rookie
Rookie

Postby XxBallMeBlazerxX » Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:23 pm

dynastyninja wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:42 am
XxBallMeBlazerxX wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:51 am That’s good and all but how is he going to hold up on the field? Late in the game? Late in the season? Football is played on the field, not in the weight room. I have a feeling injuries are going to plague his career. I sold him earlier in the season.
You're trying to justify your deal.

What'd you sell him for?
2019 1st (ended up being 1.2) and 2020 1st.

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:32 pm

I’m fine with that return.
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:46 pm

Yep, that's fine. I wouldn't sell him for that I don't think.

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:31 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:41 am

Lol!
Why is this funny? He has a point. What a guy looks like in the gym is pretty irrelevant. Guice has had 2 straight years of knee issues, and combined with his running style, I think being concerned about injuries in his career is valid.
It's funny because the guys writes his analysis and basically states he is rooting against the guy because he traded him earlier... I mean this whole forum has become 'I have this guy so he's great' vs 'I don't own him or sold him so he will suck'. It's lame.

Back to the point, saying what a guy looks like in the gym is irrelevant doesn't make sense. You look for progress and health with guys who have been injured so I think it is very relevant that he is in the gym and looking good. What is more irrelevant is the news cycle picking up an infection story weeks after the fact and everyone reacting to that without any additional context.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:35 pm

thebeast wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:31 pm
Lol!
It's funny because the guys writes his analysis and basically states he is rooting against the guy because he traded him earlier... I mean this whole forum has become 'I have this guy so he's great' vs 'I don't own him or sold him so he will suck'. It's lame.

Back to the point, saying what a guy looks like in the gym is irrelevant doesn't make sense. You look for progress and health with guys who have been injured so I think it is very relevant that he is in the gym and looking good. What is more irrelevant is the news cycle picking up an infection story weeks after the fact and everyone reacting to that without any additional context.
I figured that might be the case.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:46 pm

Yeah, this news is pretty noteworthy. If I owned Guice, I wouldn't be sure how to feel. And as someone who doesn't, I still don't know how to feel.

darewood11
All Pro
All Pro

Postby darewood11 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:17 pm

RCS wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:59 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:43 am
ericanadian wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:59 am That’s two Redskins having their recovery delayed by infections. Getting close to Cleveland territory when they had all those staph infections.
Wasn't that Tampa?
I thought San Diego for some reason.
It was giants

ajf235
Role Player
Role Player

Postby ajf235 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:31 pm

Brady, J.J. Watt and Gronk all have suffered from Staph infections to come back and play at a high level, albeit these guys are each all-time greats. But there are also countless examples of players whose careers ended prematurely because of stuff like this. Only time will tell if Guice is okay, but it’s good news that at least it sounds like the infection is behind him. Regardless, I think Washington needs to strongly re-evaluate their medical staff.

M-Dub
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby M-Dub » Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:35 pm

Lol!
I realize you weren’t asking me, but I have a different answer than thebeast. I think any fantasy analysis that begins with “I have a feeling” is inherently laughable.
Both are 12-team 1QB PPR dynasties

🦬PRIME🦬
QB: Hurts, Howell
RB: Mixon, Jones, Sanders, Dobbins, Akers, Roschon, Dowdle, Kelley
WR: Nuk, Godwin, Cooper, Lockett, Flowers, Chark, Collins, Hollins, Tillman, Tolbert
TE: Hockenson, Chig, Trautman
Taxi: Willis, Z. White, M. Mims, T. Palmer

Hull Awaits
$450 cap, 60 contract years

QB: Lawrence $5/3, Richardson $5/5, Minshew $1/0, Jones $1/0, Heinicke $1/0, Tyrod $1/0
RB: Achane $4/4, Warren $2/4, Roschon $7/5, Dillon $4/1, Hubbard $2/1, Kelley $1/0
WR: Nuk $78/1, MT $25/1, M. Williams $1/0, JSN $21/5, Reed $4/5, Rice $4/5, M. Wilson $2/5
TE: Thomas $1/0, Hill $1/0, Parham $1/0

captain howdy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby captain howdy » Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:26 pm

M-Dub wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:35 pm
Lol!
I realize you weren’t asking me, but I have a different answer than thebeast. I think any fantasy analysis that begins with “I have a feeling” is inherently laughable.

Its funny bc the guy sold guice...of course he'd have that opinion.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:13 pm

The infection doesn't impact Guice's prognosis in terms of athletic recovery, because it has no bearing on the ligament repair itself.

It could negatively impact his preparation for '19 because of the delay to starting his rehab. However, the same reporter that broke the story in the Wash Post is also reporting that Guice still plans to be ready for OTAs, so it may be much ado about nothing.

My entire family works in healthcare; my sister and mother are nurses (BSN). Staph infections after surgery are common. So long as it isn't MRSA, staph infections aren't a big deal if they're promptly treated. Guice successfully treated his with antibiotics, so evidently it wasn't MRSA.

Unless there's more unreported facts to this situation, Guice is fine and y'all don't need to worry.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE