Alex Collins

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Londondynasty
Role Player
Role Player

Alex Collins

Postby Londondynasty » Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:55 am

So what has happened to him? I'm at a loss to explain Harbaugh's reluctance to feature him.

With Edwards breaking out yesterday is Collins done? First Allen, now Edwards with Dixon coming back as well.

Collins is easily their best back.

Baffling
Team 1: Superflex PPR. 35 keeper. 1 qb, 1 Superflex, 2 rb, 2wr, 4 flex, 1 te
QB: Rodgers, Allen, Lance, M.White, Bridgwater
RB: Fournette, Pollard, Chubb, Dillon, C-Patt, J.Cook, K.William, JRob
WR: Adams, Keenan Allen, Evans, Mooney, Juju, Corey Davis, G.Davis, Van Jefferson, Chark, Atwell
TE: Kelce, Waller, Tonyan, Brate, Taysom

Team 2. PPR. 14 teamer. 1qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, 2 wr/rb, 1 wr/te 1 te, k, p, various IDP
QB: Hurts, Ryan, Watson
RB: Barkley, Mixon, CEH, Penny, Gibson, Hunt
Rhamondre
WR: Hill, Adams, Chase, Brown, Toney, Chark, Gage, Campbell, OBJ, Reagor, Mims, Marshall, Wandale, Bell,
TE: Kittle, Waller, Henry, Njoku

Slevin Kelevra
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Alex Collins

Postby Slevin Kelevra » Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:10 am

Unfortunately only Harbaugh knows the answer to your question.

They ran 54 times yesterday, 27 with Lamar...that's unsustainable but I fear this will be a committee with everyone involved and the "hot hand" getting the most touches depending on the game script.

problemsolver
Starter
Starter

Postby problemsolver » Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:26 am

This pains me to admit as I own Collins all over the place, but Edwards looked like the much more dynamic back over Collins yesterday. Like it wasn't even close. They tried to get Collins going at the beginning of the game but he was largely ineffective against the Bengals terrible run defense. Maybe he isn't suited to play in a read option offense and Edwards is. I don't know. But yesterday Edwards 100% outplayed Collins.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:40 am

Baltinore has always had the hot hand approach. How many years in a row is this that a backup surpasses the "unquestioned starter"?

I predicted that Collins would get passed this season. Didnt even know who Gus Edward's was until a few weeks ago.

Buck is probably done here. Ty is going to get very limited work, unless we are playing from behind. Dixon is coming back but that remains to be seen if he will make any impact

I guess Edward's is the back to own but I want no part of this offense unless its Jackson in SF or 2QB

Slevin Kelevra
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Slevin Kelevra » Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:48 am

"To give us that type of a back is very important," Harbaugh said of Edwards' bruising style. "He gives us that back that we probably didn’t have earlier in the year. We’ve got four different guys who have different styles. I think that’s a plus for us."

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:00 am

I had actually thought about bumping this thread back up as it contained a lot of discussion about Alex Collins & Joe Mixon.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=163798&p=1543429
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:03 am

Londondynasty wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:55 am So what has happened to him? I'm at a loss to explain Harbaugh's reluctance to feature him.

With Edwards breaking out yesterday is Collins done? First Allen, now Edwards with Dixon coming back as well.

Collins is easily their best back.

Baffling
Collins is easily their best back? Not sure why you think that. *Looks at sig, ah thats why*.

Well he was thoroughly outplayed by the backup. Theres too many cooks in this kitchen though. So I will probably be staying far away.

wildabeast49
Role Player
Role Player

Postby wildabeast49 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:04 am

He's just not very good.
10 team, .5 ppr dynasty
QB: Brady, Wilson
RB: Fournette, cook, mixon, Ajayi, Gordon, Ware, Joe Williams, Hunt, Martin
WR: Evans, TY, Dez, Sammy, Coleman, Diggs, Ross, White, Fitz
TE: Watson, Eifert, Bennet

PPR 12 team superflex, limited devy (1 per year) heavy return yardage
Cousins, Rivers, Kizer
Fournette, Zeke, Mixon, mcCaffrey, Joe Williams, Mcnichols, Mack, Martin
Cooper, Evans, Watkins, Coleman, Diggs, Martavis, Chad Williams, Parker
Henry, Rudolph, Hodges

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:49 am

I could not trade both he and Drake quick enough this offseason, as I had a strong gut feeling this would be the scenario. Now by no means am I acting like it was a far-fetched prediction, it just happens every year. He has his moments and does possess a decent skill set, but those guys are a dime a dozen in the league now. Whatever they did yesterday worked (for a week at least), so I do not see his role expanding anytime soon. We are almost to fantasy playoffs and not too many people want to trust rolling a guy like him out in crunch time for their line ups.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:52 am

Ever since Rice, the Ravens have been on a carousel of lead backs. Forsett, West, Collins...none of them really cost anything and they all had one good year and were replaceable the next. Collins doesn't look like anything special to me. Edwards probably isn't any better long-term either. Collins is a serviceable early down RB, but those RB's are starting to fade gradually.

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:02 am

I'm surprised at how many Collins supporters there still are. Last week someone was still trying to argue that he's a RB2...

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:41 am

Goddard wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:02 am I'm surprised at how many Collins supporters there still are. Last week someone was still trying to argue that he's a RB2...
Hahaha I remember that. Using total points instead of PPG just to slide him in an RB24 and justify it

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:59 am

Jigga94 wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:41 am
Goddard wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:02 am I'm surprised at how many Collins supporters there still are. Last week someone was still trying to argue that he's a RB2...
Hahaha I remember that. Using total points instead of PPG just to slide him in an RB24 and justify it
he has been an RB2. by per game scoring or by total numbers. in most of my leagues thats the case at least. His rankings across leagues are all right on that fringe though like barely rb2 but i dont think its a wild claim. if he got any kind of regular volume hed be a mid level rb2. he has had 2 games all season with over 12 carries and has four games with single digit carries. role and team being forced to pass prob have a lot to do with that.
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:15 pm

BigBawseRoss wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:59 am
he has been an RB2. by per game scoring or by total numbers. in most of my leagues thats the case at least. His rankings across leagues are all right on that fringe though like barely rb2 but i dont think its a wild claim. if he got any kind of regular volume hed be a mid level rb2. he has had 2 games all season with over 12 carries and has four games with single digit carries. role and team being forced to pass prob have a lot to do with that.
Dynasty RB2 though? Little late to discuss that I guess haha

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:23 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:15 pm
BigBawseRoss wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:59 am

Dynasty RB2 though? Little late to discuss that I guess haha
In points per game, he's RB31 right now. And that doesn't include guys like Chubb, Michel, Cook, and D. Freeman. Guys who either weren't starting at the beginning of the year or guys dealing with injuries and not finishing out games causing their average to drop. Either way, he's not a RB2 in any format. Even if you do overall points, he's barely RB23 ahead of guys like Lamar Miler, Nick Chubb, Marlon Mack, Mark Ingram, Michel, Fournette, Cook, and many more who either average more points or just haven't played in as many games.